Bamble's new and improved OOTP Baseball style League for FM08!!

• Replies 737
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jonny Kaufman:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jonny Kaufman:

Thats why i didn't start him icon_wink.gif

Tactical genius here icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

And now in the team sheet i just sent he's not a super sub anymore icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

And of course, you just know that he won't score for a while now!!! icon_razz.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by chrisbamb:

Thats why i didn't start him icon_wink.gif

Tactical genius here icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

And now in the team sheet i just sent he's not a super sub anymore icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

And of course, you just know that he won't score for a while now!!! icon_razz.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Maybe i don't want him to score, maybe i want to see AC Milan crash and burn...you'll never know icon_wink.gif

Sunday 23rd September 2007

English Premiership

Spurs 3 (Berbatov, Dawson, Obertan)

Liverpool 1

West Ham 3

Blackburn 3 (Santa Cruz, McCarthy, Pedersen)

Italian Serie A

AC Milan 4 (Pirlo, Inzaghi, Seedorf, Gilardino)

Genoa 0

German Bundesliga

Dortmund 2

Nurnberg 0

Dutch Premiership

Heerenveen 2 (Aaritalo, Henrique)

NEC 0

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by chrisbamb:

Sunday 23rd September 2007

English Premiership

Spurs 3 (Berbatov, Dawson, Obertan)

Liverpool 1 </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Awesome. This surely made me forget the 1-1 draw to Debrecen. I guess we'll be scoring more and more every game once all the players get rid of their injuries and get used to the tactic, each other etc... I hope all 4 of us qualify to group stages in Euro Cup so that we can have some interesting matches. KUTGW Chris. icon14.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Frankfurt 3

Cottbus 2 (Rangelov, Kioyo) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

3 Wins. 3 Draws. for me this season.

Not too bad for a relegation struggler. icon_wink.gif

'Mon Rangelov. icon_cool.gif 6 in 7 now. \o/

Saturday 22nd September 2007

English Premiership

Newcastle 2 (Smith, Dempsey)

Man City 0

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

w00t, back to back wins baby! Dempsey is making me look like a transfer market wizard icon_smile.gif

Wednesday 26th September 2007

English League Cup 3rd round

Blackburn 2 (King OG, Mokoena)

Spurs 0

German Bundesliga

Nurnberg 1 (Vittek)

Werder Bremen 4

Italian Serie A

Inter 1 (Adriano)

Juventus 1

Lazio 0

AC Milan 3 (Kaka, Barzagli, Nesta)

Dutch Cup 2nd round

Stormvogels Telstar 1

Heerenveen 2 (Henrique, Matusiak)

Spanish La Liga

Athletic 3 (Llorente 2, Martinez)

Mallorca 3

Betis 1

Almeria 0

Sunday 30th September 2007

English Premiership

Portsmouth 2

Spurs 1 (Keane)

Blackburn 0

Wigan 1

German Bundesliga

HSV 0

Nurnberg 1 (Saenko)

Italian Serie A

Siena 0

Inter 1 (Ibrahimovic)

Inter are now top!! icon_cool.gif

Dutch Premiership

Heerenveen 2 (Bak Nielsen, Pranjic)

AZ 0

That moves Heerenveen to the Top of the League!! icon_biggrin.gif

Spanish La Liga

Almeira 0

Espanyol 2

Osasuna 5

Athletic 1 (Aduriz)

Hi,

I've noticed there doesn't seem to be the enthusiasm of the FM07 sign up, maybe because of the fractured nature and playing with European teams with players who we've never heard of before!! icon_confused.gif

Therefore, a new ruling has been brought in!! icon_biggrin.gif

Anyone who wants to swap to a different League (I.E. English one) can do so and be allocated a new team. If you want this option let me know and I'll do teh necessaries. Of course, I will need new team sheets as early as possible after getting your new team.

Bamble.

I'd agree with that Bamble. icon14.gif Plus it seems like my players are pretty carp too. Although I do know a few of them though. icon_biggrin.gif

Also, I do miss the rivalries we used to have when playing another human manager each week which added some friendly atmosphere to it which I think we're lacking this time around.

Therefore, I'd like to go back to EPL please. icon14.gif

p.s. I'd love to go back to Villa Park. icon_wink.gif

Think it's mainly due to people having much less time to go on these forums this is the first time I've been on in 2 days.

Probably right too about never having heard of players and managing in some cases obscure teams that you might not normally choose, the only Heerenveen player I could remember off the top of my head before this sign-up was Afonso Alves, and I've sold him! icon_biggrin.gif

However, I'm willing to stick with Heerenveen for now icon14.gif enjoying it and I've not even been able to bring in all the better players I signed at the end of the window because the current squad arer winning games right now (don't fix what isn't broken etc) icon_smile.gif.

Being top of the league helps too icon_wink.gif.

Saturday 29th September 2007

English Premiership

Aston Villa 1

Newcastle 3 (Smith, Dempsey, Milner)

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

three straight leagues wins is brilliant! \o/

tough to lose to chelsea so early in in the cup, but what can you do right?

Hi lads,

I'll be on and playing very soon. Thanks for the 3 guys getting me their emails, I'll get to it soon once little ones in bed.

@ Golden Boy - no probs mate, will pick you a team and let you know who it is.

@ BS_8 - Join now if you want, room to spare!! Let me know your full name, D.O.B. and Nationality and what League you'd like to start in out of:-

English Premiership

Serie A

La Liga

Bundesliga

Dutch Premiership

See you all soon. icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by The Golden boy:

hey, I have the game now so could I join in?

Name Andrew Minzey

D.O.B. 16/11/75

Nationality (limited to one each this time) English </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Portsmouth!!

If you could let me have the usual:- .tac file, teamsheet, etc, until then I'll leave you on arseman control.

Archived