San Marino "double" Challenge 2008

Ter

17th October 2012.

The first time since records began that San Marino failed to concede a goal.

0-0 with Cyprus, represents our first ever point, our first ever clean sheet, and should see us at an all time high in the world rankings when they are published (the next time I get a bit of game time - I've already condemned myself to being knackered tomorrow by staying up this late, but I had to play the home game with Cyprus. It's our only chance of a result in this group!)

Woohoo!

• Replies 597
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When you create the game in the first place, you need to go to Advanced Options (assuming you're using the wizard to start the game).

On the bottom right hand side there's a drop-down box named something like "retain players".

Simply select San Marino from there, and the game will load any player with SanMarinese nationality.

I've not got the game with me so that description is a bit sketchy, but hopefully it's enough for you.

2007-08 Season

Serie C2/B: 1st

Pld 34, Won 23, Drn 8, Lst 3, For 67, Ag 32, GD, +35 Pts 77

Players in:

Alex Fernandez, free

Federico Nanni, free

Stephane Calce, free

Andrea Ivan, 14k

Adrian Pit, 20k

Loans in:

Christian Jidayi, Christian Cristea, Doudou Diaw, Ricardo Villar, Mariano Renna (All Cesena)

Notable Players out:

Simione Beraldi, 35k

Allesandro Turchetta 28k

Excellent first season, but it was all down to one player, the legend from last years challenge, Alex Fernandez. Alex scored 36 in the league and had an average rating of 7.53 which is superb. A host of clubs are now after him, including Palermo, Parma and Zaragoza - my assistant manager indicates he has the potential to play in the Serie A one day. Knocked out in the first round of the Serie C cup, but won the Serie C/2 super cup.

Other good performers include; Christian Cristea - 7.24 in 34 appearances and Stephane Calce 7.48 in 19 appearances.

On the national front, a 1-0 victory over Cyprus and a 0-0 with Slovakia made the team rise to 121st in the rankings albeit very briefly. The ranking has been falling since.

Ive finally found out how to manage San Marino National team. After playing the last games in the group stage and my first game in charge was against Cyprus which after a surprise 1st half lead i was heading into the 80th minute 1-0 up i was loving it and then they pulled 1 back so i manage a draw in my 1st game very pleased with that icon_biggrin.gif

After loosing the next 2 games i had cyprus again this time i was hoping for a win, but my frown got turnt upside down after going 2-0 down but i pulled it back but lost the game 5-4 shame really, hoping after time some regens might pop or maybe sum good players will gain nationality icon_biggrin.gif i can hope hehe

Just found a fantastically **** bug.

Was playing Norway away in the WCQ, only to find that there was a round of Serie B games the day before.

Lo! Behold! All the players in my squad from Serie B (only my three best) are still marked as "Trv" at kick off time. Despite none of them playing the previous day.

Hell, one of them was in my club squad, and we had our game re-arranged because of call-ups.

We held them to 0-0 for 60 minutes, then two from Hoiland sunk us.

Home friendly against Albania three days later. 1-4.

icon_mad.gif

National team ranking: 130th.

Full update to come when I've played the last couple of months of the season. It's going okay tbh.

Season 2008-09

Serie C1/A: 3rd (Won Playoffs)

Pld 34, Won 22, Drn 5, Lst 7, For 74, Ag 41, GD +33, Pts 71

2007-08 - Serie C2/B: 1st

Pld 34, Won 23, Drn 8, Lst 3, For 67, Ag 32, GD +35, Pts 77

Players in (all values are £s) :

Sergio Martinez, free

Jose Rivas, 7k

Ruben, 2k

Doudou Diaw, free

Ruud Jansen, 30k

Erwin Isbouts, free

Pierre-Francois Sodini, 24k

Jonathan De Nardi, free

David Boeckx, 3k

Rui Lopes, free

Loans in:

Christian Jdayi, Christian Cristea, Ricardo Villar, Francesco Ferrini, Andrea Rossini (All Cesena)

Notable Players out:

Adrian Pit, 240k

Giordano Meloni, 14k

Roberto Di Maio, 40k

Team Overview (Loanees not included)

Fantastic Second Season secured a surprising promotion to Serie B. Top performer was Alex Fernandez again with 45 goals in only 41 appearances - very impressive! Unfortunantely though, in the January transfer window, San Marino lost another top performer, Adrian Pit, as the board accepted the a £240k offer for him. Ended the season in 3rd, behind Triestina and Hellas Verona in 1st and 2nd respectively. The Playoff semi final against Foggia ended 2-2 all aggregate, but as San Marino were the higher seeded team (came higher in the league) they progressed to the final. The final was against Hellas Verona, a team who'd comfortably beaten us twice in the season already. San Marino went 3-1 up in the first leg only to lose 4-3, but a 3-1 home victory ensured promotion to Serie B. The loanees, bar Rossini and Villar, all played most games of the season and had high ratings, but as I took my screen shot after they had left that'll not show up on the team overview. Next season will certainly be harder, as many of my players are transfer targets for bigger clubs - lets just hope I can hang onto them.

2008-2009

Serie C1/A Pos 3rd Pld 34 W 19 D 4 L 11 For 69 Ag 52 G.D +17 Pts 61

Transfers In:

Mattia Venditozzi 12k

Francesco Virdis FREE

Maximiliano Cejas FREE

Pablo Da Luz 4k

Seyfo Soley FREE

Aragao FREE

Ricardo Villar LOAN

Christian Cristea LOAN

Alberto Pelagotti FREE

Lauri Dalla Valle FREE

Transfers Out:

Antonio Scro 250k

Roberto Di Maio 40k

Luca Del Prete 22k

Giordano Meloni 16k

(+ 20 Youth Players)

The first season in Serie C1/A went well the difference between me and the winners Hellas Verona was easily my slow defence. This clearly halted progress and i had to find the solution to this.. which you'll find out in due course..

Alberto Giuliatto was getting offers here there and every where during the season but a new acquisition in Lauri Dalla Valle began a new era of greatness and a new man for the fans to sing about. i was really disappointed that Scro left, he was a brilliant Pen Taker.. funnily enough i missed my first pen after he left. luckily Venditozzi was on my scouting list and i had him on the radar for a while..

anyway.. on the financial side i am still losing money hand over fist but as i will post below.. things are looking up icon_biggrin.gif

2009-2010

Serie C1/A Pos 2nd Pld 34 W 18 D 11 L 5 F 49 A 20 G.D +29 Pts 65

Playoff Winner: Vs Foggia (6-2 AGG)

Transfers In:

Daniel Maa Boumsong FREE

Hector FREE

Hamza Bencherif FREE

Ricardo Villar LOAN

Giovanni Longobardi FREE

Eder FREE

Guillaume Jordens 10k

Transfers Out:

Maximiliano Cejas 1k

Salvatore Fresi FREE

Eupremio Carruezzo FREE

(+13 Youth Players)

Well.. i was happy with the step up we made.. with notable improvements in the team especially at the back. brought in some of the fastest defenders around especially chuffed with the signing of Jordens, and getting Hector from Valencia is another positive show that we are building a reputation now. we practically handed over the league to AbinoLeffe after being 6 points clear with 10games to go.

What was brilliant was playing the final portion of the season on the way to Aston Villa for the pompey game. won the playoff final in Winchester station icon_smile.gif that was a pretty cool moment in my FM Career!..

apart from that.. after the final, pre-season is looking good i've had a double wage budget. a big 1.9million grant and a 1.1m loan from the bank to build a new stand to raise the capacity to 8000, also the training facilities are being improved.. which is also a good thing.

another weird funny stat my season ticket sales made me laugh.. the progression of JCL fans 93--->997--->2149--->3600 Sold OUT. nice to know the fans actually can be arsed to come and watch us now icon_biggrin.gif

Here's to a promising future starting in Serie B with Udinese away in the first game!

Season 2009-10

Serie B: 17th

Pld 42, Won 12, Drn 8, Lst 22, For 55, Ag 67, GD -12, Pts44

2008-09 - Serie C1/A: 3rd (Won Playoffs)

Transfers

Team Overview

A good first season in Serie B saw us come 17th. Survival was always the priority and we avoided the playouts of head to head results. Top performer, as usual, was Alex Fernandez with 25 goals and a 7.17 average rating. Went out of the cup in the first round, but the board still considered the cup a seasonal highlight - that pretty much summaries that this was a pretty dull season.

The future looks bright for San Marino, as a stadium expansion of 2500 seats has been announced, the board has agreed to improve both training and youth facilities and I may have finally found a striker good enough to partner Alex Fernandez upfront and get amongst the goals.

The national team were dire in this period, failing to score a goal. Only result of note was a 0-0 draw with Montenegro, but to show this was a shock result Montenegro thrashed San Marino 5-0 at home.

2010-11 Season

Serie B, 4th

Pld 42, Won 24, Drn 6, Lst 12, For 93, Ag 60, GD +33, Pts 78

2009-10 - Serie B: 17th

Pld 42, Won 12, Drn 8, Lst 22, For 55, Ag 67, GD -12, Pts 44

Seasonal Best 11 (Forgot to get a team overview before continuing into the next season)

Transfers

A really good season, no small part down to the front pairing of Schumacher, a freebie from Udinese, and Alex Fernandez - they got 70 league goals between them. Steve Pinau was another superb signing and ended up having the top average rating of any Serie B player at the end of the season. The league won at a canter by Fiorentina who'd been in the Champions League last season and retained most of their top quality players and Chevio Verona took the other automatic promotion slot. This meant the lottery of playoffs would decide the league in which San Marino would play next season. We drew Mantova in the Playoff semis and comfortably beat them 6-1 on aggregate. This set up a tie against Brescia for a place in Serie A.

We lost the away leg 2-1, but there was still a chance of promotion. We conceded early in the 2nd leg, so as many bodies as possible were put into attack, and luckily we equalized. Brescia then missed a penalty before a late goal from Sergio Martinez forced extra time. In extra time they scored and we lost the final 4-3 on aggregate. Work finally started on the training and youth facilities at the end of this season and another stadium expansion was announced.

The national team lost every game they played in this period and scored only one goal.

Great work Joe, Schumacher was one of the players who destroyed me in the play-off semis and looks excellent.. Cristea looks to be the only player we have in common now..

2012 / 13 Season Update - spotg

2012/13

Serie B: 5th (lost in playoff semis)

Pld 42, Won 21, Drn 10, Lst 11, For 59 , Ag 40 , GD +19 , Pts 73

2011/12

Serie B: 7th

Pld 42, Won 16, Drn 13, Lst 13, For 60 , Ag 58, GD +2, Pts 61

2010/11

Serie C1/B: 2nd (won playoffs)

Pld 34, Won 17, Drn 11, Lst 6, For 72 , Ag 43, GD +29, Pts 62

2009/10

Serie C1/B: 5th

Pld 34, Won 16, Drn 8, Lst 10, For58 , Ag 41, GD +17, Pts 56

2008/09

Serie C2/B: 1st

Pld 34, Won 25, Drn 8, Lst 1, For 86, Ag 33, GD +53, Pts 83

2007/08

Serie C2/B: 3rd

Pld 34, Won 14, Drn 13, Lst 7, For 45, Ag 37, GD +8, Pts 55

It all started off so well, playing fairly decent stuff, defending very well indeed, cruising to some good results against anyone who wasn't Catania, Fiorentina or Bologna, and looking fair set for a proper tilt at the playoffs. Then the wheels simply fell off. We couldn't buy a result from May 1st onwards, and it took a win for Empoli on the last day to keep 4th place within 9 points of Bologna in 3rd and even force a play-off competition.

Needless to say, a 3-0 defeat at home to Empoli in the first leg screwed us completely, and I ended the season screaming in frustration, and immediately selling five of the squad who were drastically underperforming for the amount of money I was paying them.

High points included Roma paying 1.2m to co-own my San Marinese striker Bindi, and then not bidding for the other half, the signature of a Belgian striker who notched 9 in 10 before losing his way a little and the performances of Erkaya on the left wing, in his fifth season at the club - provided 14 assists, and got the top average rating of anyone.

Low points - Cristea, Erkaya, and thanks to a bug, Fede - my Argentine left back signed at the start of this season - all reached their 5 years residence in San Marino. None took citizenship. I cannot ask any of them to take citizenship. They are all uncapped and would walk into the San Marino National Team. icon_mad.gif And of course, the wheels completely falling off.

Still, 2503 more seats being added, training and youth facilities being improved, and a decent bank balance should see me with money to spend to strengthen in the off season.

Transfers

Best Eleven

National team wise, two points so far represent a fantastic return, as we took a 0-0 with Cyprus, and an exciting 3-3 with Austria. I've not yet had the rankings update from the latter game, but we should reach a new high of above 130.

If we can find some defender regens, we may be in business...

San Marino 0 - 0 Cyprus

San Marino 3 - 3 Austria

Schumacher was great, it's a huge shame I lost him - silly board. Keep up the good work Spot, soon enough we'll manage to win the serie B playoffs!

2011-12 Season

Serie B, 4th

Pld 42, Won 23, Drn 7, Lst 12, For 91, Ag 56, GD +35, Pts 76

2010-11 - Serie B: 4th

Pld 42, Won 24, Drn 6, Lst 12, For 93, Ag 60, GD +33, Pts 78

2009-10 - Serie B: 17th

Pld 42, Won 12, Drn 8, Lst 22, For 55, Ag 67, GD -12, Pts 44

Team Overview

Transfers

Another season in 4th place, very similar Goal difference and points although without Schumacher Pinau, Fillo (New Czech signing) and Cristea filled in to score a good amount of goals. Alex Fernandez was top scorer with 30 and the first famous named player plays in San Marino - 33 year old Sylvain Distin.

Lost in the playoff semis 5-2 on aggregate to Ascoli who went on to get promotion, hopefully next season'll be the one. Youth and Training facilities were increased again and the stadium now has about 12000 seats.

Decided to give this challenge a go.

First time managing in Italy, and it showed!

Completely changed the team, selling most of the players.

Main signings include Alex Fernandez (someone mentioned he's a legend on this post!!) scoring for fun for me!

Finished 5th on the last day of the season on 54 points along with 4 other clubs! (is it head to head records in Italy not goal difference?)

Looking forward to the play offs....

One thing for other players-

Players who are on amateur contracts usually accept less than what they ask for. For example, Moretti (AMLC) and De Marco (AMRC) both San Marinese and Alex Fernandez accepted £200 a week when they wanted near enough £600.

Just a quick seasonal update - I'll do a nice long one with screen shots and all that stuff in due course. I came 7th and missed out on playoffs on head to heads.

More importantly though, 35 year old Deco ex-Barca will be joining San Marino next season. His physical stats are so poor he may be unable to move, but his technical stats are still top quality. Should be interesting to see how he does.

Good luck in the playoffs Mizan!!

I've been hammering a San Marino game for a good few weeks now and am in 2016/17 season.

Started as just San Marino Calcio manager and the original San Marino National Manager is still in his job!

I'm now in Serie A and just missed out on Champs League in the 2015/2016 season on the last day but first season in Europe ended in the Second Knock-out round on away goals to Panathanikos after my defender and keeper messed up a simple pass icon_frown.gif

If anyone wants the save game to have a little nosey around let me know because I can't be bothered to backtrack over 9 seasons!

I've relented. I'm going to pick up my San Marino game for now, despite much complaining about the bugs. It seems to just be a C2 issue with the confidence, so if I can use my English experience to get Titani promoted right away then I should bypass it.

Gutted someone's made it to Serie A already though icon_frown.gif

And willster, even by San Marino standards thats insanely hard, you pretty much need to use the club to get any decent San Marinese players. I've always liked investing in youth development though so hopefully I'll naturalise a few foreigners - assuming I ever get out of Serie C...

So, I relented, and picked up the game again after the previous bug and disappointment. I figured that this time, I'll squash it outright by just going ahead and getting promoted - cant be too hard, right?

Well it was made a lot harder by bids coming in for a lot of my key players. Three first team players went for £100k each, as well as assorted reserves getting off the wage bill. The board only wanted a safe mid table, but I risked it and told them I'd win it outright. No transfer money was freed up, but since I was so far under my wage bill I took a big risk and sacrificed job stability for the funds, adding excess wages to my transfer budget.

Before then though I made a few quick signings on frees at the end of their contracts - as well as Pit in the DM role who I'd had since January, I finally got in a decent goalkeeper - Lorenzo Prisco from Salernitana. At only 21 he might not be all there mentally, but with all his goalkeeping stats at least 13 he should be top quality for this level. So far I havent been mistaken, as he's let in only a single goal by the time the transfer window closed, leaving us top of the league and qualifying from the Serie C Cup group.

Gerben Kole became my first facegen player, a Dutch 20 year old left winger from the Go Ahead Eagles. Despite having 16 dribbling/creativity/flair, 15 passing and an outstanding 17 for crossing, they let his contract expire and I was able to bring him to Serravalle for absolutely nothing, where he already has one goal and 2 assists from his first 8 games, with an average 7.25 rating. He looks set to feature heavily this season and beyond.

Thierry Audel is another 21 year old, this time a Frenchman from Triestina. Like Kole, his contract wasnt renewed, and despite some minor concerns over his marking skills, I picked him up. He's strong in the air and good at tackling, but his concentration, marking and positioning are only 9/11/11 respectively. I'd guess this may lead to a few slipups down the road, but so far he's been very solid.

Mickael Antoine-Curier also joined us after impressing in a trial, as a backup striker. With decent pace he should be able to comfortably step in in a crisis, although ego problems have already manifested as he believes himself to be the star of the team. The fans arent so convinced though, and although he's only come off the bench a couple of times, he hasnt set the Olimpico alight.

From here though it was obvious that quality frees were running scarce, so I took a big risk and freed up £120k to spend on my single non EU slot, a Nigerian central defender from Dinamo Tirana. Abraham Alechenwu is 22, and quite frankly immense, by far my best player. 15s all round and very well rounded for a defender with good finishing and passing to boot, his arrival excited the fans as did his initial performances.

Another oppertunity presented itself, as I spotted a very gifted Czech midfielder available for £40k. The need for a new player in his position was intensified by the chairman stepping in and accepting a £100k bid for a former key player, so I put the cash down and brought him to the club. Tomas Jablonksy has only played in 2 games so far due to Czech Under 21 commitments and his late arrival in the transfer window, but with a goal on his debut he looks like living up to his stats. With 17 passing and 14 creativity I'm looking for him to carve Serie C2B defences apart, and with 13/14 pace, composure and finishing he can put the finishing touches on moves too.

WIth the squad looking thin I put in a couple of last minute bids for reserves at Cesena too, so have a load of free backups on loan. Jiyadi returns after Di Maio left, Leonardo Peruzzo is my new substitute goalkeeper and Christian Cristea on right wing are some of the more promising ones.

This is the team I'm stuck with now until January at the least, so I have high hopes for them. Already, right after the window closed I've managed to flog Aragao, but he's still on the wage list until then. Things in general though are looking positive, as we look to attain promotion to the not-so-lucractive Serie C1!

Halfway point in the league, and while I cant really complain about the loss column there's a slight concern creeping in over the amount of draws. Until December every single dropped point had been the result of a contentious penalty against me, but due to injury issues I've drawn all 4 games in the final month of the year. I suppose its a good time for it though, since there's several weeks for them all to rest and heal up.

In the cup, my players are calling my bluff! I raised the cup bonus to offset the poor league one, thinking there was no way I was going to get anywhere - and I'm in the quarter final. In particular, I dominated the top of C1B Lecce both home and away, coming away with easy 1-0 wins in both.

I seem well suited to Italian football, with a lot of 1-0 wins. Theyre far from close though - I've been finding the league particularly easy despite the lack of hammerings, although this has led to several dropped points with the draws. Hopefully though normal service will resume when theyre all back from the winter break, fully fit and rearing to go. And I just hope that the chasing back drop some more points!

Thanks for the logo pack Jaime!

What a season!!! Phew

After sneaking 5th on the last day, we faced 2nd place (cant remember the name sorry!!) we won an astonishing 4-2 away and ......... 7-3 at home icon_biggrin.gificon_eek.gificon_eek.gif

Alex Fernandez scoring 2 hat tricks.

We managed to win the play off final, a tense affair winning 1-0 over two legs.

WE WERE PROMOTED!!!!!!!

2nd season-

After many hours of searching every single reserve and U-18 squad of Serie A and B, we managed to sign several player with comments such as the below-

'decent player in Serie A'

'leading star in Serie B' icon_eek.gificon_eek.gif

(If anyone wants any names, Il be happy to pass them on)

Anyway after a great pre season which included victories over AEK, Auxerre and Cesena I was confident.

After a tricky start, we managed a 11 game unbeaten run which took us to 5th place!!

Back to back promotion beckoned!!

BUT....

standing in the way were mighthy Vicenza, we got beat 3-1 over two legs, fans were happy, says it all!!!

Season 3 awaits.......

(more highs, lows, pulling out hair moments, running round like a maniac, shouting at a pc screen once in a while YES, YES, NO, ARGGGHHHH, COME ON, as my family give me weird looks, icon_rolleyes.gif sleepless nights.....!!)

Addicted to FM?

Hell Yeah!! icon_biggrin.gif

update

ok i was rite it is hard to do this wit just player from san marino so i recruited 3 different other players and this did the trick for me the player are M Hadji on a free, M Bellotta on a free and M De Luigi 12k all bout in the jan trasfer window and at the start of the game 17 san marino players.

thanks to those 3 jan signings i hav turned things round so the only piece of bad news on my team at the moment is that i was put out the cup in the first stage. on a better note the red cards have stopped wooooo below is the link the my post in the league

http://img530.imageshack.us/img530/9968/sanmarinomanprofjj4.png

Just finished 2016/2017 came 6th again first season where I've not finished higher than last. icon_frown.gif

I've gone crazy buying in 15year olds hoping that by 2022 they'll be awesome 20year old San Marinese second nationality players.

Currently I think my main fight is with my Finances at the end of the season I was around 9mil in debt and I'm losing roughly £1mil a month. My silly board don't seem to want to just take out a decent loan and buy a good sized stadium. icon_frown.gif

I've expanded up to just under 16,000 but now the Council have blocked expansion so it another season leaking money icon_frown.gif I think I'll be starting the new season around £6 mil in the red.

I've also soaked my save game a couple of times to check that the San Marino National manager does get sacked at some stage and.....

He doesn't! Instead I'm gonna have to wait until 2020 for him to retire, but I'm cool with that as I don't think there's really anything I could do with them right now except get hammered.

I'm currently Switzerland manager and just about on course to get to Spain'18.

Hi all

Since my beloved Margate "dafuge challenge" game on FM07 I have searched high and low for a challenge in FM08 that will revive my interest in playing this great game. I started a game with Gundo's small nation challenge but got sacked after a season...Tried with another team aswell but it didn't click. Somehow my 17 year marriage with Margate in FM07 has left me without the ability to love another game in FM.

Then a though comes through my mind....I noticed 'cause it's a rare thing to happen. icon_razz.gif How about that Ter?? Has he found the Holy Grail of FM Challenges for me?? In Fm07 when I masterminded Margate to glory I often popped in to the San Marino topic to see how people progressed. Has anyone ever managed to complete the challenge within the current century??

I think I'm up for it. However my computer is a bit on the slow side, so I wondered if playing with a lot of leagues meant a huge advantage in this challenge. I might be able to run Italy and perhaps the top leaagues from 3 other countries. Any advice??

Last question - which club should I choose to manage in this challenge?? icon_cool.gif

Sorry - bad habit from my dafuge days.

The only club you can manage Blackmama is San Marino the club side and/ the national.

Its frustratingly addictive!!

what year did you get to serie A jaime ?

I can give myself a target

I've thinking 5 years, I'm in my 3rd season. Ambitious??!!

Also anyone else have the problem with too many two yellow card sending offs, I average 7/8 a season, very annoying. In one game 7 players were on yellows!

Is it down to aggression as most Italian based players have over 15 in agression!

....... Or is it a bug?!!! icon_razz.gif

Archived