San Marino "double" Challenge 2008

Ter

• Replies 597
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not even close dumb ass board just want spend loans on crappy 1500 expansions, I'm willing them to take out a MASSIVE loan sell the current stadium and get a big shiny new one which will hopefully generate a profit for us!

But right now still selling out a poxy 15,000 seater each week

Only 4 games to go now and it turned into a 2 horse race with me and Vicenza, that sadly they look like winning after I lost 2-0 at theirs. I only beat them 1-0 in Serravalle, so I'll need to gain 4 points on them in the last 4 games. We were even on 57, but now they're 3 ahead with the better head to head record.

Still, not to be too glum, with 8 points to spare in 2nd all we need to do is not lose over 2 legs to go up, and we could really do with the extra gate money from the playoffs.

Show me the way to San Marino... and Serie B that waits for me!

Despite being initially somewhat miffed that I got enough points to normally win it outright, we did things the long way and ended up going up comfortably through the playoffs.

After the sale of Antoine-Curier, at the last minute I put in an £8k bid for Andrea Rabito from Bari, who initially excited the fans. However, he started very slowly with several poor games, and took a while to get into his stride. Once he did though, he did very well, managing not only 6 goals, but good all round contribution. His prescence also spurred Solari into action to impress, and I did well for a while playing Rabito for the first half, then bringing Solari on to replace him and winning games by 3 or 4 instead of my usual 1-0.

Around the end of January, myself and Vicenza split off from the chasing pack and went on superb runs, before as I mentioned earlier, I was stopped in my tracks with a 2-0 loss at their place. From there the 3 points ended up just too much to catch as they never slowed down, but I managed to keep my momentum up going into the playoffs and hammered Ravenna 3-0 at theirs. In the return leg they appeared beaten before they even came onto the pitch, and looking devoid of any creativity we eased to a 0-0 draw to go through.

Sassuolo in the final posed more of a problem as I was struck by an injury crisis at the worst possible time. David Tomazic Seruga, my summer DM signing went down to an ankle injury, as did Fabio Lauria on right wing while Rabito and Alechenwu suffered bruised and gashed heads. Despite being what I felt was severely weakened, we sneaked a 1-0 win in the first leg before going up very early in the second, leaving Sassuolo with the task of scoring 3 goals away to get around my league advantage. None came, and 60th minute penalty was cooly converted to ease us through with consecutive 3-0 aggregate wins to the Serie B!

2012 target to aim for.

Im in 2010, 2years to get promoted!

Seems reasonable

Sold over 3500 season tickets, big difference from 1st season when we sold 700!

Jaime- any luck at national level? Any good San Marino players?

Good luck in Serie B Ocktober, I'm just about to get underway!

Im looking for San Marino players, one plays for Siena, looks good but doesnt want to come! Rest not good enough

And we have ourselves our first wonderkid!

I'm really excited about this kid, supposedly his potential is off the charts, and physcally he's immense already at this age. 6'4 at only 16, he could end up 6'6 or bigger with growing still to do! Great in the air and strength to go with it, good fitness and an all around athlete, brave, hardworking and 'relishes big matches'. He's not perfect for positioning and is supposedly a bit inconsistent, but even by 2025 in my other game with state of the art facilities, I cant recall having a defensive prospect through my academy thats excited me as much as him. Definately one to keep an eye on.

Good Work Everybody icon_biggrin.gificon14.gif

Lengthy Post Alert!

If You Want Me To Shorten Them Just Say. If You Want Anymore Screenies Just Ask icon_smile.gif

European Championship Qualifiers

San Marino 0 - 3 Cyprus

Good Effort. :p Second Half Clean-Sheet! icon_biggrin.gif

Overview

San Marino 1 - 4 Czech Republic

Amazing TBH. Should Have Been About 2 Or 3 Nil Down Before We Scored. Gasperoni(GK) Is Amazing!

Overview

Guess Who icon_wink.gif

Goal 1

Goal 2

Cyprus 4 - 1 San Marino

Another Good Attempt. Selva Didn't Score Which Was A Shock. :O

Overview

San Marino 1 - 5 Slovakia

What Can I Say. Lack Of Concentration?

Overview

San Marino 1 - 4 Wales

Ach Well. Bellamy's Speed Was Too Much!

Overview

Slovakia 4 - 0 San Marino

Curse You Carlo Valentini!

Overview

I'll Do Friendlies At a Later Date. This Is Getting Too Much icon_wink.gif

Other

Euro Group

World Cup Group icon_frown.gif

Best XI

Rankings Graph

Well, Well the first intelligent move from my board...

A Commercial link Feeder Club hopefully they will be able to find one and it will help to start clearing some of that massive £11M Debt icon_frown.gif

As for wonderkids there have been a couple of lads whom I would say are worthy of a top national team place;

Mattia Pancotti is a fairly expensive striker who has smashed the San Marino Top Scorer record he now has 13 international goals :O

Riccardo Fiorentini is a good right back whom I decided to bring back to the motherland and he's now Titani captain!

Eugeny Pomazan is a Russian goalie who naturalized but for some reason is overlooked by Mazza but don't worry he'll be the first to get a call once I get into Mazza's old office.

And these are a few other players of San Marinese nationality worth note:

Guerra

Chiaruzzi

Selva

Despite our playoff success, celebrations were kept to a minimum as we approached our first season in the Serie B. With our main concern at right back, Abdoulaye Bamba was brought in on a free transfer from Livorno, meaning despite his lack of an EU passport, he didnt cost us our single foreigner slot. However, the curse of the knees struck again and he'll likely be missed until November.

Having found Serie C1 fairly easy, I really was unsure as to what to expect of the quality of our new division, and with my assistant rating the whole team at 4 stars or over it seemed to be less a case of needing new signings as finally being a luxury. Finally making it into the black with the TV money put us in the relaxed position of being able to take our time looking for quality as opposed to desperately scrambling for cover, and our first arrival was Martin Fillo for £275k from Viktoria Plzen. However, things took a turn for the worse as the now-club favorite Gerben Kole was sold out from under me for £500k, meaning a new left winger became an urgent priority. I was most surprised, however, with where the answer came from. Expecting to have to expend my non-EU slot for the season on a Brazilian, I was stunned to find an 18 year old unattatched San Marinese kid attracting some major attention. Luckily for me, Marco Canini was willing to play at a lower standard for the promise of regular football, and is now set to feature heavily at domestic and international levels.

David Tomazic Seruga was instrumental in our success last season, but an oppertunity presented itself to aquire a young Brazilian named Roma, whom I felt was a significant upgrade. With several teams sniffing around Seruga I was able to negotiate a £550,000 fee with Livorno, and swoop for the Brazilian for half the price to make a handsome profit.

With 3 league games gone I have a win, loss and draw to my name, and generally feel that although I'm not 100% sure on the quality of the whole division, that we should have what it takes to stay relatively safe. Despite a 97th (!) minute equaliser away at Siena we dropped out of the cup in the very first qualifying round, so its league only from here on out.

Wauw - some of you folks have really made San Marino into a big club....wonder if I can acieve that.

Preseason in season 1 is over and this is my achievements so far...

<UL TYPE=SQUARE><LI>Played 6 friendlies - lost 4 and managed a draw in 2 games against lower league clubs <LI>exceeding wage limits to the boards unsatisfaction <LI>Signed 5 players incl. a record 14k cashout for a san marinese national Marco de Luigi <LI>Got 1 player on loan from parent club cesena

I'm not overly optimistic about my chances but I'm hoping my newly appointed scouts will perform miracles.

Halfway stage of 10/11 falls slightly later in Serie B than it does in C1 due to the extra games, and things are generally going well. My head's above water in 15th, but no danger at all of challenging that. Games seem to be pretty close, but unfortunately seem to be swinging slightly the other way. My best game of the season so far was probably a loss, we dominated Bari away for about 85 minutes and were 1-0 up, but they got 2 late goals to steal it, quite undeservedly.

I'm slightly worried that there doesnt really seem to be much talent available to step up... previously its always been there, but I've had to work to raise the funds etc. Now it just seems no-ones interested.

Only one signing made, Mirko Valdifiori who'd played 56 times for us on loan finally joined us permanantely, and got a hat-trick on his re-debut in our first solid win against AlbinoLeffe.

Not particularly important, but finally we've used our third kit too! Away to Treviso and AlbinoLeffe the colours clash, so we played in an unfamiliar navy blue.

Injuries have wrecked us, but to be honest I doubt we would have got many more results our way if we'd had the full squad available.

Dumb ass board have twice now failed to deliver me a Commercial link so I'm still on my own but a nice £8m Co-ownership deal sees me fly into the black for the first time in two seasons and could potentially see me debt free come the end of the season for the first time ever!!!

I've also make the rich list placing in around the 70's and I'm now up to 50th in the European club rankings and should be around 40th come the end of this season

Things are on the up!

I've also gone mental on scouting and signing 15 y/o's my under 20's now contain 68 players icon_rolleyes.gif

After Doing One Season With The Country. I'm Trying My Hand At The Club Level With A Separate Manager. Grr This Club. No Money. It's Not Looking Good. Trying To Reduce Wage Bill Now. Can't Get Guys On Another Contract Because They Want More. I'll Update You With Everything After Pre-Season.

Final Table

Our first season in Serie B has to go down as a success, as we quite comfortably managed to avoid relegation. After the halfway stage pretty much all our games looked at least competitive, so I think that we should be pretty safe for next season to attempt having a real go at it.

On the pitch, Martin Fillo up front proved to be the breakout star not just of the team, but of the whole division, wtih an average 7.25 rating. His fellow Czech Jablonsky managed to stay fit and got an amazing 7.28, and new toast of the country Marco Canini managed 7.24 in his first ever professional season.

Fillo and Roma both struggled off pitch with adaptability problems, but I'm hoping they'll improve for next season. Although Martin still performed extremely well, Roma was extremely slow to pick up, although it gave me something I'd never seen before when he actually apologised to our fans for his trouble adapting, and assured them that it wasnt his fault and that he intended to try hard to fit in.

The most interesting off-field development though happened at the end of the season. It was announced that 2971 seats would be added to the Olimpico... and while the work was taking place, we'd move to our feeder club's ground in Cesenatico. I'm fairly sure that before the move they were only a national affiliate, now they're 'local' since I'm playing at thier ground. Either way, I found that interesting, I'll look up their distance from San Marino to see if we've moved there because of the link or due to distance.

Bad news for next season is that goalkeeper Prisco and DC Bizzarri refused to renew their contract, and are buggering off to Triestina and Sochaux respectively. We have a replacement in defence lined up in Esmir Sabic, who wont take up our EU spot due to a Swiss passport, but a replacement goalkeeper is proving far problematic. The only adequate players I've found so far are Brazilian and valued at over £1million, so I'll have to do some thinking on that. The upside is that if I bring in a fairly young kid and naturalise him he could end up as San Marino #1 for the next 10 to 15 years even, but it would be a big expense and limit our options elsewhere to use the foreigner spot.

Either way, challenges present themselves for the season ahead at our new Comunale "Alfiero Moretti", Cesenatico.

Hmm, this has caused some problems... all my players that were working towards San Marino residency have had their days in the principality converted to Italian, and my EU players have had their San Marino meter disappear completely. Does that mean once I'm back in Serravalle it'll resort back? Will they have to start their 5 years over? Will players who had previously been in Italy have their Italian passports converted to San Marino?

I get the feeling I've broken something with this...

Having soaked my save game a couple of time I found 2019 or 2020 was the when Mazza retires which tbf I think is as long as you will need to have developed a decent team of regens and naturalized players for the national team not to get pumped every match!

Although...

Originally posted by willster07:

well thats the 4th season over now and the only highlight was getting the national job

So perhaps the 4th season will do, assuming Willster didn't add a manager to the national team

Ocktober- the exact same thing happened to me!!!

I'm in 2011, 4th season just finished. We finished 13th in Serie B, after a tricky start (lost to Livorno 8-2, Rimini 5-1) we managed a comfortable season for our first season in Serie B. Oguro finished with 22 goals. Signing of the season, free transfer!

The club's value is at £2.8m (yours is at £3.2m)

The board have agreed on improvement of youth and training facilities as well as ......

An upgrade of 2971 seats which will take 7 months, and we will move to Comunale "Alfiero Moretti", Cesenatico!!!

Freaky or what! So similar careers icon_eek.gif

Spooky that thats the exact same amount of seats being added! And it should be because that takes it to the max, since I got my tiny 151 seats before so we'll end up on different capacities.

I'm almost done my season and will make for an interesting report... Napoli have just gone bankrupt, its a shame theres no points deduction for Italy. No wonder theyve run out of money though, half their team are earning more per week than my entire wage bill!

So, so close, but in the end we just couldnt quite do it.

The season started rather poorly, as with our million-pound goalkeeper Fábio out to a chest injury, the responsibility of guarding our goal was left to our backup signing Gunnar Nielson, who had impressed on trial. Unfortunately, he lived up to his nationality rather than ability, letting in 7 in a disastrous loss away to Padova.

However, with our number 1 back things started to look up, and the defence tightened up once Esmir Sabic managed to get himself fit and into the team. Slowly but surely towards Christmas, we climbed the table with a series of respectable results, but surely anything more was simply too much to ask?

With my birthday today I was hoping for some sort of in-game acknowledgment on the 21st of January, but none came like it used to in 07. However, away at Andria, we secured a 3-2 win. Then next week, 4-1 at Pisa. 3-2 at home to Triestina. With momentum on our side, things snowballed and we didnt lose a single game for the rest of the regular season, managing to sneak into second spot for a week, but just failing to hold it permanantly as we could only draw away at Siena. On the final game of the season, we needed Napoli to take points off of Siena to give us a chance, but they lost thier first in 13 to take us to a playoff, with our team back in the Olimpico and seeded highest. All we needed to do was not lose, and we had it.

First game against Bologna finished 2-2, when we should probably have killed it off easily. The return leg ended in a goalless draw, but disaster struck as key men Fillo and Canini, our San Marinese wonderkid both picked up knocks. Napoli recovered from a 3-1 loss to hammer Catania 4-0 at home, and we were faced with a daunting trip to the shadow of Vesuvius, minus our star attacking threats.

The first leg at their dodgy narrow pitch resulted in our first loss in 23 games - a Serie B record, but not quite good enough. We threatened at home, but sorely missed our two stars and after Napoli scored, threw everything forward to no avail as they grabbed another and took a comfortable 3-0 aggregate win into the Serie A.

Looking to the future now and I'm confident in a repeat performance now that the team are settled, hopefully we can keep it up for the length of the season instead of just the second half. Roma finally settled and learned some Italian to manage an astounding 89% pass completion rate, and Martin Fillo finally backed up his game with some goals - 28 of them, to take joint second for the season. The funds for our new keeper were provided by selling half of our San Marinese left wing superstar Marco Canini to Lazio in a £1.6m co-ownership deal, and at the last minute I decided to put down £275k for a promising backup attacking midfielder from Aldo Atige named Roberto Giacobbe. As his stats show, he turned out more than worth it, being called up for Italy U21s and setting up a huge 16 goals for the team, taking 11 himself. With several big clubs including Lazio trailing him he could prove hard to keep hold of, but if he's going anywhere it'll be for big money to be used for investing elsewhere.

We're now in the curious position of having an average attendance for the season higher than our stadium capacity, as we managed to sell our our temporary home in Cesenatico regularly. The passport problems did sort themselves out as soon as we were back in the Olimpico, but we could well end up finding ourselves needing to move yet again as yet more work should take place relatively soon. Our link with Cadiz was disastrous as they failed to send us a single player, so having cancelled it earlier our board then arranged one with the Premiership's Derby County. With a full reserve team I'll be hoping that this link can at least bear some fruit, even if it is only backup for my settled first 11.

Oh, and for next season... the Bossman is coming.

I have just read this thread all the way from the start to finish yesterday and have spent all day today trying to get a good game as San Marino going and i dont seem to be able to get it going. So i was wandering if there is anybody that has got a saved game after the first season with San Marino having got promoted. Thanks and keep up the good work.

Just wanted to ask something to the other players?

Your DMC or MC

How many yellow/ red cards do they get?

In my game, every match at least one has to get a yellow card! Surely its a bug? Sometimes both MCs get sent off.

Ive tried easy tackling, less closing down, doesnt seem to work.

Anyone else?

Another thing- the condition of my MC is always less than any other position, usually down to below 70% by 50-60mins. The players all have over 12 stamina, yet it keeps happing. My instructions are not one where they are running around all over the place. Closing down is normal, tackling is normal, forward runs, run with ball is rarely/ normal. I dont see why they get tired so quickly?

Anyone else experience these problems? Or is it just me!

Archived