San Marino "double" Challenge 2008

Ter

• Replies 597
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've had quite a few yellows and a LOT of penalties, wondering if its down to referee quality at lower league levels...

I'd think getting to Serie A will not be easy. Serie B remains, if I remember right, the only league I've ever been relegated from in my entire FM career - twice. Once with San Marino, and once with Brindisi.

(Actually I just remembered I did once with Vaduz when they were semi-pro in a full time league, but oh well)

In fact, if memory serves, I dont think I've ever spent more than a season in Serie B, with San Marino I squeaked through in the playoffs last year... or possibly even in 06.

Big update coming soon, very interesting season indeed that could yet take some more turns...

I'm certainly mired in Serie B at the minute, and just can't find the formula to get out.

Although I'll admit that my Tolmin game in Gundo's challenge has my interest at the minute, I'm sure I'll be back into this at some point.

Will watch on with interest at the rest of you folks though. I don't think anyone's completed this challenge yet on any version of FM.

Final table.

Things were looking nervy throughout January as we lost our unbeaten record just past the halfway stage, but a 2-0 win against chasing Sambenenedettese at the start of March opened up some real daylight, and we never looked back from there. A comfortable win without breaking too much sweat, really, mainly thanks to our outstanding defence.

Lorenzo Prisco will be delighted with his repeated clean sheet bonuses, and mainly has Abraham Alechenwu to thank for making his job so easy. My fears about Thierry Audel's concentration levels proved correct as two back to back mistakes cost us 5 points and the pole spot very briefly, but despite the fans baying for his blood he recovered to stay fairly solid for the rest of the season. Pit will be a loss in the summer after the chairman accepted a £250k bid for him from Treviso, although with an average 7.00 rating I cant help but feel he was capable of slightly more.

In attack, a calf tear limited Tomas Jablonsky to only the opening and closing stages of the season, so I hope if he keeps fit he'll be able to improve next year. Gerben Kole was my best rated player for the season, although I was slightly surprised by his lack of assists. His all-round play was top notch though, and maybe has more to do with the low conversion rate of the strikers. David Solari (who I posted earlier in the thread, I believe) got just under a 7 average rating, and was my top scorer with 17 - I was hoping for slightly more. Mickael Antoine-Curier didnt prove particularly popular with the fans and was fairly dull in the league, although he did pop up with several vital goals late in cup games to warm me to him slightly.

Speaking of the cup, we shocked everyone and called my bluff with the increased cup bonus by reaching the Serie C Cup final against Pescara. We basically strolled past every C1 team put in front of us 1-0 in both legs (Novara, Lecce, Arezzo), before scraping through the semi final on penalties at home after two one-all draws with Lucchese. Sadly our luck ran out against Pescara, although the full house at Adriatico for a 2-1 loss in the final helped our flagging bank balance a lot. The full £200k bonus payout for beating Vigor Lamezia and Pro Vercelli in the C2 Super Cup, however, undid that.

Still, League and Super Cup champions going into Serie C1 and looking particularly strong for it. Raúl Gorostegui uses up our one non-EU slot on a free transfer to add some quality at left-back, but we'll now need to hunt down a replacement anchorman to replace the departing Pit. Plenty wages should be available though, and thankfully I've had my contract renewed this time around, the board recognised my promotion as having blitzed all expectations. Funnily enough, I'm already 75% secure for long-term to "establish ourselves in Serie C1" due to my promotion - that was easy!

Even on the lowest ambition for C1, I could still divert enough from the wage budget to have £500k to spend, so if I said I was going to win it I could get a fair amount. probably only going to spend about £100k though, the extra unused wages = more job security.

god damm this team is great after an amazing league performance for the 2nd season it saw us going in as the candidits for relegation but somehow we managed to finish in the top half of the table and in that wasnt enough success for the team we made the playoffs won the

semi finals then top things off for the team in the finals we won and gain promotion for the 2nd consecutive season wooooooooooooooo so now the serie B how will we fair in that will conquer wat to most managers is the most elusive promotion in any italian leagues is it possible we will be 1 of the top teams next season only time will tell

Just finished my first season, after finishing 2nd in the league i lost to Gubbio in the play-offs after my keeper Ceccoli got injured leaving me with my very dodgy silver rated reserve.

Start perfomers for me were Alberto Giuliatteo and my loan siginings Cristea, Diaw & Osvaldo.

Originally posted by willster07:

oktober i have a question now i know that ur not aloud to cheek but is it ok to sack the san marino national manage retire then apply for that job

It's entirely up to you. So long as you let us know that is what you did, I don't see it as a problem.

And given what that test chap said about the national team manager never retiring or being sacked (at least until 2020), you may need to.

I shall declare here that this is exactly what I did, and that is how I am NT manager on my save. Hate me if you must icon_frown.gif

Not first season, but my contract wasnt renewed in dodgy circumstances after two.

I think theres an issue in countries where there's more than one regional division. In Italy for coach reports for example, once youre in Serie B it will only ever report "decent Serie B" at lowest, same as in England the lowest is Blue Square Premier. I think because there are two divisions theres some sort of issue with that... It only recognises the one youre in. For example, if youre told to establish yourself in the Serie C2B, it really means in C1, but there is no C1 league, only C1A or B... which you might not get into.

Complicated but I'm getting more convinced of it, does seem to be slight issues with regional tiers, and particularly in Serie C2 since you go from one regional to another.

Serie B here we come!!!!

Won playoffs!! Woohooo!!

Alex Fernandez 28 in 31! Unbelievable player. Luckily I didnt sell him to Getafe who offered 500k plus clauses! Tempting! Holding out for a £1m.

Got a whooping £1.5m TV money!

Value of club gone up to £2.5m, the balance is in the green at nearly a million.

Yet the stingy b****d of a chairman doesnt improve training or stadium (got 4498 in the playoff final, capacity is 4500! 2 people didnt turn up!!)

Also Cesena link cancelled due to playing in the same league, chairman doesnt believe we need a parent club. COME ON!!!!

If anyone is going to mess up things at San Marino its going to be the chairman. ARRGGHH icon_mad.gif

Anyone in Serie A? If so what year did you make it in?

Got to Serie A Via Play-off Final win against...

Cesena! icon_cool.gif

That was the end of 2012/2013 season

Now am in 2017/18 and still being ridiculusly inconsistant and losing and drawing soo many games that I dominate and am now struggling to live up to my own record, currently 11th in the league and board want top 5 icon_frown.gif

Knocked out of Coppa Italia in first round (against Roma) board wanted 2nd round

One redeeming thing is Second Round of UEFA Cup I'm up against Braga so should make the 3rd which is beyond exp's.

Starting to get worried about the sack icon_frown.gif

Finances are also dreadful 'Mon the Big Excutive take over! or better yet Champions League Football!!

http://img142.imageshack.us/my.php?image=c1adec09cg4.jpg

Halfway stage in my first season in C1, and things are looking promising, if tight. We've looked strong at the back throughout, although I'm not entirely convinced that David Solari has what it takes to be a star at this level. He's been decent, but not setting the league alight. Antoine-Courier's off to Brest for £80k after complaining, so a new striker is high on the list of priorities. However, should things unfold fortunately we could well end up in Serie B in 6 months, so no point bringing in a star at this level who'll only play 15 games.

Serie C cup went disappointingly as despite being unbeaten, 3 draws left us in 3rd place in a very tight group and failing to progress to the next round, in what could be our last chance to win the trophy.

Jablonsky has managed to stay injury-free and is starting to fulfil his potential after last season's disappointment. Gorostegui has lived up to his stats and reputation, but has only featured in about half the games due to a fairly serious hip injury. When fit, he's a wall at left back. New Slovenian signing David Tomazic Seruga is a very natural replacement after Pit left in the summer, tenacious and creative in the heart of midfield. Fabio Lauria from Arezzo was my other major signing, a solid all-round right winger who's helped with his overall play, but mystifyingly like Kole has a very low assist rate.

Overall there's no single team in the league that I fear, and the very close situation at the top is beneficial for just now as they all take points off each other. However, it also leaves very little room for error, as even a single lost goal or draw could potentially make the difference between glory and playoff heartache. With no funds at all to strengthen and my non-EU slot used up, I'm pretty much locked into my current lineup until July, so it'll come more down to my man management and tactical skills than playing the transfer market in the short-term. Still, any sort of decent placing would be an unexpected victory in only our first season up.

Archived