Long term games are rubbish

Happens all the time in real life. Look at Anelka that should explain it all. He shines, he flops, he shines, he flops... Albert Luque is the most expensive guy everywhere and he never plays.

And so many others sheva, denilson all real life examples. Top players payed alot and always benched.

Sheva was still given chances at Chelsea. He wasn't benched after 3 games.

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sorry. What is LLM?

The most expensive signing in england was 32million, and he was a flop. But that is not the point. I have to break the british transfer record everytime I want to sign a player because the computer thinks 40 million is a realistic offer for a squad player.

I still cant believe I had to spend 12 million on a 18 year old prospect goal keeper. and 25 million on a back up left back. 32 million gets you a good championship player. How many players in the championship sell for more than 10 million? Only 1 I think at that was walcott.

Lower League Manager

There's a forum on here for it if you want to check it out. They play with all these rules and stuff.

I made the mistake of posting in there once without reading the rules. I thought it was just about managing in the lower divisions. They are a bit hostile to strangers.

I made the mistake of posting in there once without reading the rules. I thought it was just about managing in the lower divisions. They are a bit hostile to strangers.

I did the same. After being shot down and insulted, I just decided to cut my losses, and talk about my lower league games elsewhere.

Thanks. Went through a few posts and the guidelines. An... amusing forum. I don't quite get it. The "play without the need for bragging" bit is funny though. :D

Don't mean to be insulting, just saying it brought a smile to my face.

One guy made a thread asking about how starting at the lower leagues would effect performance later on in his game. Because I had been there and had the same problem I offered some friendly advice. I said you have to be careful because after a few seasons it can get slow. That was a mistake. One guy told me to GTFO because I had already posted in the tactics forum which is against the rules.

He must have been checking on me.

You mean... if you post in any other forum you are tainted and cannot be allowed to enter and corrupt the purity of that forum? :p

I think it's because the rules of the LLM forum state that you can't offer advice on any part of the game. WTH?

And by posting in the tactics forum, Born2killzone had offered advice.

Personally I think the LLM users are a little loopy. :p

You mean... if you post in any other forum you are tainted and cannot be allowed to enter and corrupt the purity of that forum? :p

I think if you are one of those LLMs you cant sometimes pick a bigger club for a change either. Because in one post I had mentioned starting with Hibs once and they picked up on that and I got told never to post in their again. Not quite as polite as that.

Very protective about the rules.

I think it's because the rules of the LLM forum state that you can't offer advice on any part of the game. WTH?

And by posting in the tactics forum, Born2killzone had offered advice.

Personally I think the LLM users are a little loopy. :p

Supposedly real managers cant offer or recieve advice. You have to play like real life. I didnt get chance to say that Sir Alex often gives advice to other managers including his son because the thread got closed for getting a little heated.

I never went back after that.

Supposedly real managers cant offer or recieve advice. You have to play like real life. I didnt get chance to say that Sir Alex often gives advice to other managers including his son because the thread got closed for getting a little heated.

I never went back after that.

I just had a quick browse through the threads on the 1st page of the LLM forum. Not sure if I got this right (because, quite honestly, it's unbelievable) but one user got a yellow card infraction simply for saying he would never manage Cardiff City. :eek:

That was even the reason the mod gave!

I cant find the one your talking about but this was my first experiance of LLM

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=138636

They are abit OTT.

They all seem extremely stuck up.

This is the link to the thread I was talking about. The infraction was given to the 2nd post. Click on the yellow card and you'll see the reason.

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=186802

I still cant believe I had to spend 12 million on a 18 year old prospect goal keeper. and 25 million on a back up left back. 32 million gets you a good championship player. How many players in the championship sell for more than 10 million? Only 1 I think at that was walcott.

How much time do they have left on their contract? I find that directly relates to the price of the player.

In my long term save I have so much money from transfer that I just offer 25+ million to lower league teams for their prospects I want, just to spread the wealth a bit.

This is the link to the thread I was talking about. The infraction was given to the 2nd post. Click on the yellow card and you'll see the reason.

How come the mods havent sorted this out?? I didnt know there was a special club that you can only belong to if you're rude and believe that there is no such thing as ambition. Its insane, so many things in here make no sense whatsoever.

As for Beta testing, I put myself forward ages ago, for FM09 I believe and was promptly ignored. I met the requirements at the time and yet a few months later the game was released with continuous problems. So testing, if it happens is a very very strange affair.

How come the mods havent sorted this out?? I didnt know there was a special club that you can only belong to if you're rude and believe that there is no such thing as ambition. Its insane, so many things in here make no sense whatsoever.

As for Beta testing, I put myself forward ages ago, for FM09 I believe and was promptly ignored. I met the requirements at the time and yet a few months later the game was released with continuous problems. So testing, if it happens is a very very strange affair.

It's a mod that gave the infraction in the first place. I had to actually refresh the page several times, because I couldn't believe what I was seeing.

It's a mod that gave the infraction in the first place. I had to actually refresh the page several times, because I couldn't believe what I was seeing.

Totally insane! How can you improve a game if there is no discussion allowed? Maybe the guys on tat part of the forums live in pixieland :)

Totally insane! How can you improve a game if there is no discussion allowed? Maybe the guys on tat part of the forums live in pixieland :)

That's exactly what I thought!

I mean... if the guys who use this forum don't discuss tactics, players, staff, editing, and can't talk about their careers (incase they get accused of "bragging", which also isn't allowed) then what the hell do they talk about? :rolleyes:

That's exactly what I thought!

I mean... if the guys who use this forum don't discuss tactics, players, staff, editing, and can't talk about their careers (incase they get accused of "bragging", which also isn't allowed) then what the hell do they talk about? :rolleyes:

Knitting! :)

:D

We should try to infiltrate their natural habitat; see what really goes on over there. :p

Just let the little freaks be mate. Someone needs to sort them out though, that sort of abuse given out as regular as it is in the LLM forum would get an infraction in any other forum.

The way they hound people is tantamount to cyber-bullying!

They're grammer and spelling freaks. :eek:

I wonder... could we maybe tame them with chocolate? :D

Doubtful, chocolate may stimulate the senses leading to a brain activity overload. Such things are frowned upon in the LLM forum and can be construed as 'cheating' by gaining an advantage.

The only way to tempt them is with WoW or Dungeons & Dragons.

Another thread in the LLM forum where the mods insult and belittle people:

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=184751

This is a quote from one of the mods:

I don't have patience' date=' I moderate this board.

Thing is, some guys who played LLM the proper way before this bloody infernal editor made its appearance no longer post on here because they want to play lower.

Why on earth do you think that it'd be okay to post asking if two games were all right and how an LLM manager would play it, when an LLM manager most certainly wouldn't?

Play your game as you will, don't attempt to sully LLM with it.[/quote']

I find it astounding that this guy even became a mod!

How about "I'm going to edit Chelsea into Blue Square North and bring them to unprecedented glory!"

That mkus guy sounded reasonable in that thread. I think it was a trap.

Seriously, I mean SERIOUSLY, are these forums actually run by SI? Really doesn't seem like it. The SI guys just get given IDs and post when they feel like it, but... actually, come to think of it, they're so "big-time" and busy that they don't have time to look properly at who to appoint as mods. It's possible.

Do not be hasty. We must enter as 500.

Seriously, it would be great if we could get a few people (though 10 sounds more likely than 500 ;)) and storm the place.

I was thinking something along the lines of:

"I've heard great things about this forum from other users. I have been playing as Fisher from the BSS in FM10 and found it quite enjoyable. I would love to come onto this forum and discuss my save with people."

What kind of reaction do you think that would get? :p

LLM is best left alone. Full of complete arses and moderated by the worst from what I've seen.

They don't welcome new people at all and view everyone with an eye of suspicion, just waiting to pounce and humiliate them.

While this thread is taking an alarming detour, I'll jump in and second what Wakers said here.

Don't post there myself as it's not really my thing, but heard and seen nothing but belittling, unjust insults, stuck-up posters (mods included) who lack the ability to be impartial and/or subjective, and essentially just a cliquey dungeon of a sub-forum.

Anyway, without meaning to sound like I'm trying to moderate the place, perhaps this is best discussed elsewhere?

While this thread is taking an alarming detour, I'll jump in and second what Wakers said here.

Don't post there myself as it's not really my thing, but heard and seen nothing but belittling, stuck-up posters (mods included) who lack the ability to be impartial and/or subjective, and essentially just a cliquey dungeon of a sub-forum.

Anyway, without meaning to sound like I'm trying to moderate the place, perhaps this is best discussed elsewhere?

Aw, come on, Hersh. We're just having some fun!

I'll do that now then. :D

I'll post the link here when I'm done.

I wouldnt if I was you. Even if you are being genuine you will get a bad reception, so this wont end happy.

They will have read this thread anyway.

The thread's posted. I called it "1st llm post".

Here's what I said:

I have heard great things about this forum from other users. I have been playing as fisher from the bss in fm10 and have found it enjoyable. I would love to come onto this forum and discuss my save with people.

And here's the link:

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?p=4771067#post4771067

So why continue to take a dump on the forum then?

It is a forum for people who play the game a certain way. Not just for playing in the lower leagues. Plenty of people have come to the forum with an open mind. Such people are warmly welcomed. However, people who come there with an axe to grind, on a wind-up trip and whatnot, are met with suspicion and unfriendly comments. Just as you'd expect.

Read the header and understand the ethos of the place, and you'll be warmly welcomed. I was.

Archived