Long term games are rubbish

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So why continue to take a dump on the forum then?

It is a forum for people who play the game a certain way. Not just for playing in the lower leagues. Plenty of people have come to the forum with an open mind. Such people are warmly welcomed. However, people who come there with an axe to grind, on a wind-up trip and whatnot, are met with suspicion and unfriendly comments. Just as you'd expect.

Read the header and understand the ethos of the place, and you'll be warmly welcomed. I was.

No you won't.

You'll be warmly welcomed if the mods are in a good mood. If you put a comma out of place though you'll be hounded out and given an infraction.

It is a forum for people who play the game a certain way. Not just for playing in the lower leagues. Plenty of people have come to the forum with an open mind. Such people are warmly welcomed. However, people who come there with an axe to grind, on a wind-up trip and whatnot, are met with suspicion and unfriendly comments. Just as you'd expect.

Read the header and understand the ethos of the place, and you'll be warmly welcomed. I was.

We have nothing against the forum per se. We simply don't like the attitude the forum users display.

I like Whirlwind's idea of a load of us going over there and "bragging". That would annoy them! :D
I wouldnt if I was you. Even if you are being genuine you will get a bad reception, so this wont end happy.

They will have read this thread anyway.

Willingly or not they will have learnt something then. If any of them even come into these forums don't they get tainted? Do they have to go through some cleansing ceremony when they go back to LLM?

Why post there, or even go there, if you don't like the place?

I absolutely detest GPG etc, so I never go there. Simple.

I said I had nothing against the forum. Don't you listen?

I said we have problems with the user's attitudes. And, trust me, you're not making us feel any better.

:thdn:

please improve your sentence structure before you post in the 'general discussion' forum

Good players and team guide. = GPG methinks.

End of the day each to their own, just let the LLM how they run it and stick to the forums you want to. Then everyones happy, everyone jumping the forum would be a bit silly.

I may sound like a hypocrite as one poster mentioned a post I made there, but it was tongue in cheek, I haven't broken any rules!

However horrible the LLM forum and its denizens may be, Vic, you're not helping matters with this.

Pangaea of course is showing the usual maturity that you would expect to see in GD. He can't leave well enough alone. Maybe GD and LLM have some things in common?

However horrible the LLM forum and its denizens may be, Vic, you're not helping matters with this.

Uhuh... Unbelievable really. Everyone eggs me on to create the topic and yet, when it comes time to support me for it, you all run like rabbits.

???

This is an internet forum. Not a battlefield. You are not Napoleon. Trying to lead invasions between sub-forums is a sure fire way to get yourself infracted/banned, however correct your feelings may be.

*blinks*

I'm not leading an invasion... I merely posted over there to see what reaction I would get.

And while I was doing it, everyone was thinking how funny it was. Now, when one LLM user has come over here, you all suddenly don't know a thing about it.

Does this seem fair at all? :confused:

Pangaea of course is showing the usual maturity that you would expect to see in GD. He can't leave well enough alone. Maybe GD and LLM have some things in common?

in all seriousness, i do think the mods in that forum need taking down a peg or two

not by forum users but i think someone from SI should have a word

id always imagined that my experience of the llm mod pedants was just an isolated incident, but it seems like theyre generally rude to everyone and are pretty poor ambassadors for the game

when you think how much the game gets abused on this forum and people who are actually employed by SI stay cool and helpful, theres really no excuse

Point out who actually said "gee, that's a good idea".

I bet it was one person, if that.

Whirlwind

said this:

Could we arrange for like 500 of us at the same time to go over and "brag" about leading Dover Athletic to the League Cup 3rd round beating Huddersfield in the process? :D Would be amusing.

baker.simon

said this:

Doubtful' date=' chocolate may stimulate the senses leading to a brain activity overload. Such things are frowned upon in the LLM forum and can be construed as 'cheating' by gaining an advantage.

The only way to tempt them is with WoW or Dungeons & Dragons.[/quote']

As well as this:

Perhaps we should start a war with them? :D

Whirlwind and Born2killzone

Also supported me by giving me ideas.

Like I said above, if you read the forum header and sticky and actually play the game that way, you'll be warmly welcomed. Plenty of people have joined and found the forum to be a great place to be.

But if the only purpose it to see what kind of reaction you get, hoping it will confirm to your impressions, then you are unlikely to get a warm welcome. Pretty natural really.

Like I said above, if you read the forum header and sticky and actually play the game that way, you'll be warmly welcomed. Plenty of people have joined and found the forum to be a great place to be.

But if the only purpose it to see what kind of reaction you get, hoping it will confirm to your impressions, then you are unlikely to get a warm welcome. Pretty natural really.

i think a lot of people have entered the forum with the best intentions and get shot down for pretty trivial things

i was met with snide and contrived condescension after being completely pleasant

who really reads the sticky thread in every forum they ever post on?

50,000,000 elvis fans cant be wrong

Yea great, this is blatantly not true though.

I've seen people complain about the LLM forum before, quite often. They go in there with the right intentions, but because they've dared to spell something wrong, or asked for some advice, they've been abused by members or the mods.

be cool vic, its not the chilcot inquiry

He asked. I merely provided the information he asked for. :)

i think a lot of people have entered the forum with the best intentions and get shot down for pretty trivial things

i was met with snide and contrived condescension after being completely pleasant

who really reads the sticky thread in every forum they ever post on?

50,000,000 elvis fans cant be wrong

Agree with this. There are so many of us, don't you think you could be doing something wrong over there, Pangaea?

If the people in this thread are representative of the kind of people that go into LLM with so-called best intentions, I think this thread speaks for itself.

The main thing to understand about the LLM forum is that it's not just about starting at a club at the bottom level. It's simply a different way of playing the game than the vast majority of users probably play it. So the forum itself is very different from most others. Which is why it's important to read the forum header and stickies to understand what the forum is actually about. Those that do that are generally welcomed with open arms.

The thread you posted is just one of a long line of examples of people that do not come into the forum with the best intentions. That said, if I hadn't seen this here, there would have been no reason to not believe what you posted. It is however blatantly obvious that you have little, if any, interest in the LLM forum and the way we play the game. Which is why I posted a link back to this place. Some of the things people have said in this forum is far worse than what people have experienced in the LLM forum. I've been there enough to tell.

If the people in this thread are representative of the kind of people that go into LLM with so-called best intentions, I think this thread speaks for itself.

The main thing to understand about the LLM forum is that it's not just about starting at a club at the bottom level. It's simply a different way of playing the game than the vast majority of users probably play it. So the forum itself is very different from most others. Which is why it's important to read the forum header and stickies to understand what the forum is actually about. Those that do that are generally welcomed with open arms.

The thread you posted is just one of a long line of examples of people that do not come into the forum with the best intentions. That said, if I hadn't seen this here, there would have been no reason to not believe what you posted. It is however blatantly obvious that you have little, if any, interest in the LLM forum and the way we play the game. Which is why I posted a link back to this place. Some of the things people have said in this forum is far worse than what people have experienced in the LLM forum. I've been there enough to tell.

We don't tell people to GTFO of threads, now do we?

And, as I have stated several times, I do play in the lower leagues. Quite sucessfully, I might add.

Archived