[FM10] Champions of Asia? No Fukien chance!

Raware

Well done again, Blew them away in the league.

Obviously its a high prestige competition but Is the ACL a big money competition like the Champions league for europe?

Ta WH :thup: Yeah, we dominated the league thanks to Bae Chun-Suk who ripped everyone apart, bagging 25 in 17! I think what also helped us was South China losing a few key players, namely Leandro Carrijo, who they're missing badly up front.

Yeah, the Asian Confederation Cup (ACC or AFC Cup as it's known) is like the UEFA Cup/Europa League and the ACL (Asian Champions League) is similar to the UEFA Champions League. I don't think they offer as much prize money as the UEFA equivalents but it's still a decent prize kitty IIRC.

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Another fantastic season Raware :thup: What are your aims for the ACL?

Thanks hamilton :thup: My aim is to first, qualify from the preliminary rounds to the group stage and then not get tanked in the ACL groups! :D As long as we keep it respectable and make the groups, i'll be more than happy.

You'll be pleased to know I plan to manage in Asia in my career Raware!

Got Hong Kong, China, South Korea and Japan loaded.

And on your game... :D

Domination as usual.

Good to hear Sax. Look forward to reading it :thup:

As for my save, I wouldn't say domination...not just yet anyway! ;):D

Fukien - Hong Kong First Division - 2015/16

Media Prediction : 2nd

Board Expectations : Title challenge

After claiming back to back titles in the last couple of years, everyone was expecting us to claim our 3rd in succession this year.

League Table/League Progress/League Fixtures : We flew out of the blocks and won our first 7 games which set us up nicely for the second half of the season. However, we struggled during the middle of the season and at one point looked as if we were going to give up our dominant position at the top after some poor performances, lack of form and unfortunate injuries. Thankfully though, the players showed they were made of sterner stuff and finished the season strongly as we managed to go on and retain the league title for the 3rd successive year. :D

FA Cup : This cup still eludes us we went all the way this year only for us to fall at the last hurdle. We put up a spirited fight but ultimately lost to a better side on the day, even if they did score their winner 3 minutes from time. :(

League Cup : A shocking performance in this cup which left me seething as I wanted to make up for last years disappointment in the final.

Senior Shield : Our performance in this cup made it a clean sweep of disappointment in the cups this year. I was very disappointed in the way we went out against fierce rivals Rangers (HKG) as we had more than enough chances to win the game.

Asian Champions League : All I wanted from this competition was to qualify for the group stage and to gain some invaluable experience and we managed to do that. I’m pleased with how our debut season in the ACL went and despite a 4-0 drubbing at the hands of Suwon at home, we managed to keep the score lines respectable. We even managed to win a game! :D

Transfers : Transfer budget : £118k/ Wage budget : £6.6k p/w. In comparison to previous seasons, we had a ‘massive’ transfer budget this year of £118k. Unfortunately though, my scouts failed to find any players of real worth to sign during the season, just the one who looks a decent prospect for the future. However, they did manage to find 2 players at the end of the season who look like good finds. Lakic is a veteran in the HK leagues and has been here for 7 years, plying his trade with Happy Valley previously, so already has HK citizenship and once again I raided Citizen of their star Brazilian as Felipe looks a very exciting prospect indeed and £50k looks like a snip. The exit door was a lot busier for us as 7 players left the club, raking in a total of £77k.

Squad : The squad hasn’t changed at all from last year and at times we were stretched in fielding a competitive side. While it seemed strong last year, I think a mix of complacency and lack of competition was our downfall in the long run this year. We definitely need to look at strengthening the side next year as our apparent lack of depth and quality showed as we failed to make any kind of impact in the cups. Whether we can find the players needed is another matter! It was Bae Chun-Suk and Choi Jin-Su who stood out for us this season as the former continued his impressive scoring rate, knocking in 23 goals in 34 games and the latter claiming the Hong Kong Fans Player of the Year.

Again, I claimed the Hong Kong Manager of the Year award which now makes it 3 in a row. Still no sign of turning professional though and while I’d like to stay at Fukien, it’s difficult to make any kind of progression while we’re still a semi-pro club.

Career Summary

Season   Team		League			Position  Achievements
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2010/11  Fukien		Hong Kong 1st Division    4th     -       
2011/12  Fukien		Hong Kong 1st Division    5th     -     
2012/13  Fukien		Hong Kong 1st Division    2nd     1st Div runners-up
2013/14  Fukien		Hong Kong 1st Division    1st     [b]1st Div winners[/b]
				   		  [b]League Cup winners[/b]
				                  [b]Senior Shield winners[/b] 
2014/15  Fukien		Hong Kong 1st Division    1st     [b]1st Div winners[/b]
		                   		  League Cup runners-up
		                   		  [b]Senior Sheild winners[/b]
		                   		  [b]Asian Confederation Cup winners[/b]
2015/16  Fukien		Hong Kong 1st Division    1st     [b]1st Div winners[/b]
		                   		  FA Cup runners-up

Well done. Any possibility of you moving on to a fully professional club, or are you staying until you finally win the FA Cup? :D

Thanks JTY :thup:. My original plan was to stay with Fukien until I completed rancer's challenge but i'm not sure i'll be able to complete it as it's just too difficult with a semi pro Hong Kong team. I'm also, surprisingly, starting to get itchy feet but I'll keep trying to finish the challenge. If a big club comes in for me though, i'm not sure if i'll be able to turn it down :D Hopefully I can win the damn FA Cup before/if I leave!

Great season (and career to date) and congratulations on going pro, hopefully it will allow you to push on and improve further. :thup:

I've never managed this far afield but all these threads make me want to give it a try at some point.

That colour really suits you.

:confused: You mean the pink? If so...they say, only real men can wear pink! ;)

Great season (and career to date) and congratulations on going pro, hopefully it will allow you to push on and improve further. :thup:

I've never managed this far afield but all these threads make me want to give it a try at some point.

Cheers LCFC. I hope you're right, it's definitely the next step we need.

You should try a game out of your comfort zone. It's good fun and you get to know the rules about different leagues.

Congrats on yet another title Raware. :thup: My trophy cabinet is looking pretty spacious by comparison!

How have you found the domestic players and regens so far? One disappointment for me has been the local players as I've signed a few who are regulars in the national team or were previously at South China and when they join the club, the coaches rate them at just 1 or 2 stars! :( The supply of Chinese players has dried up as most of their clubs set high asking prices..

Have you had your facilites improved yet? What level are they at?

Oh and one more thing: in your game does the pitch get in a terrible state halfway through every season? Mine has been relaid 4 times already and I'm only in my 4th season!

Congrats on yet another title Raware. :thup: My trophy cabinet is looking pretty spacious by comparison!

How have you found the domestic players and regens so far? One disappointment for me has been the local players as I've signed a few who are regulars in the national team or were previously at South China and when they join the club, the coaches rate them at just 1 or 2 stars! :( The supply of Chinese players has dried up as most of their clubs set high asking prices..

Have you had your facilites improved yet? What level are they at?

Oh and one more thing: in your game does the pitch get in a terrible state halfway through every season? Mine has been relaid 4 times already and I'm only in my 4th season!

Thanks DodgeeD. We're starting to put our stamp on the league now but we're still struggling with the cups, in particularly the FA Cup. Still, 7 trophies in 6 years isn't too bad so I can't complain ;).

There are a lack of good HK regens coming through in my save too, maybe because of the poor league ranking the HK First division has, i'm not sure. My scouts have only found 3 or 4 young HK regens worth signing and they're only rated at 2 stars max. I'm currently swiping players from teams who have been relegated, namely Kitchee, Citizen and Happy Valley who have a much broader scouting scope than us (Brazil, Spain, Argentina) so they're doing all the hard work and then we stroll in and nab them when they go down :D. They also have players who are near to gaining citizenship so that helps us out with the foreigner rule.

I've not found a problem with Chinese regens and find there are quite a good few decent players out there...they just wouldn't sign for us though as we were only part time. Maybe that'll change now we've turned pro.

Our training facilities are classed as basic and youth facilities are minimal but we've just had our first training ground improvements which cost us £180k, so hopefully that'll make a difference.

My pitch hasn't been relayed once yet but it's stated as being just ok so may need to be relayed soon. Maybe yours is being relayed so often because you play on your own ground and don't ground share? Our home ground is MongKok stadium and is shared by others so maybe that has something to do with it? Not sure.

After he completes Rancer's challenge ;)

If Raware wants to manage HK national team as well, it might take a while to finish... :D

Great work on reaching the Champions League. Just a little problem for next season...I think you're going back to the Confederations Cup..since the two finalists from the the previous year will be taken your spot. The other countries are hardcoded into the game for Champions League qualifying round. :(

Nice job Raware :thup: Your trophy cabinet must be massive! When do you reckon you're going to move away from Fukien, if you do decide to move at all?

Cheers hamilton. Hopefully i'll need to expand it further in the next few years! :D

I'm hoping I can stay at Fukien for a while, hopefully finishing rancer's challenge, but I won't rule out a move to a big club should one come along.

After he completes Rancer's challenge

:thup:

If Raware wants to manage HK national team as well, it might take a while to finish...

Great work on reaching the Champions League. Just a little problem for next season...I think you're going back to the Confederations Cup..since the two finalists from the the previous year will be taken your spot. The other countries are hardcoded into the game for Champions League qualifying round.

Erm, yeah, I think i'll never complete the international part of your challenge! Not unless I start from the bottom again in a stronger country - China/Australia.

I was wondering about this, the draws for the ACC and the ACL haven't been made yet but on my home page on the competitions summary, it says i'm in the ACL preliminary round. I too thought i'd being going back into the ACC due to last years finalists taking my ACL place.

(South China lost in the semi's of the ACC again for the 2nd year :D)

As we originally thought rancer, i've been entered back into the Confederations Cup this year due to last years Confederation Cup finalists taking my ACL place. Oh well, i'll just have to win the Confederations Cup again to qualify for the ACL :D;).

As we originally thought rancer, i've been entered back into the Confederations Cup this year due to last years Confederation Cup finalists taking my ACL place. Oh well, i'll just have to win the Confederations Cup again to qualify for the ACL :D;).

It looks like a good result for your first win in the ACL groups considering you were beaten three nil away :thup:

So does this mean you will only be able to play in the ACL every 2 seasons on the assumption that you win the Confederations Cup? Or will the Hong Kong rating improve to give you the automatic place in the ACL?

It looks like a good result for your first win in the ACL groups considering you were beaten three nil away :thup:

So does this mean you will only be able to play in the ACL every 2 seasons on the assumption that you win the Confederations Cup? Or will the Hong Kong rating improve to give you the automatic place in the ACL?

I was surprised we managed to win that game in the ACL to be honest. At least with that result we wasn't white washed in the competition! :)

I presume that'll be the case, in which case I don't think i'll be playing in the ACL again any time soon :(. It was luck more than anything that won us the ACC the first time around and I can't see us winning it again this season. I know there was a thread in GD some time ago about dynamic league reputations but I don't think just us and South China appearing in the ACC every year will be enough to boost the Hong Kong league's reputation into the top 10 Asian leagues :(. (The qualifiers for the ACL are determined by the AFC's rating of nations and only teams from the top 10 countries in Asia qualify...and the ACC finalists of course).

Fukien - Hong Kong First Division - 2016/17

Media Prediction : 1st

Board Expectations : Win the league

League titles are now becoming synonymous with us and both the board and the media were expecting nothing less than a 4th consecutive title this year…just a bit of pressure then!

League Table/League Progress/League Fixtures : We made a good start to the league campaign and picked up 4 wins in the first 5 games, but it wasn’t enough to go top as South China showed their intentions this year as they destroyed anyone who came their way, including ourselves as they dispensed of us in our first meeting of the season, 3-1. We had a couple of disappointing results throughout the rest of the season but we picked it back up and by the end of the season it had turned into a 2 horse race. At one point South China didn’t look as if they were going to lose to anyone and we trailed behind them for much of the season…until the last 2 games that is. Whether nerves got the better of them I don’t know, but what I do know is that we took full advantage of that and sneaked into top spot with 2 games to go which led to us claiming our 4th consecutive title. :D

FA Cup : We finally managed to claim this cup this year, with a little help in the draw which saw us avoid South China. We faced a scare in the semis but I’m delighted to have finally captured this trophy which completes my ‘collection’ of Hong Kong silverware. :D.

League Cup : We made up for last year’s dismal performance in this competition as we won this cup for the 2nd time in the clubs history thanks to a great win against South China.

Senior Shield : The only piece of domestic silverware that was missing this year as we just failed to turn up against a very strong South China side.

Asian Confederation Cup : After our brief stint in the ACL, we were back in this cup this year and looking to claim our 2nd ACC trophy. The board just wanted to learn from the experience but I felt we had more than enough quality to at least make the knockout out stages. We produced some great performances which surprisingly carried us all the way to the final where we faced…yep, South China. The final was pretty much a one sided affair and I was surprised at how poor our fellow Hong Kongers were. It goes to show though just how far Hong Kong football has come and can now boast 2 top continental teams who can mix it with the biggest of Asian teams.

Transfers : Transfer budget : £30k/ Wage budget : £12.8k p/w. I sacrificed a lot of the transfer budget into the wage budget this year due to us turning professional at the end of last season. This had to be done because all of our players needed to go on to full time contracts, therefore expecting better pay deals. I was still pleased at the players we managed to bring in though, namely Indonesian Heru Budiman and Namibian Kyle Dlamini who came in on frees from Indonesian clubs, Cheng Kwok Wai who has duel Japanese and HK nationality, Spaniard Josu Otero who was released by Kitchee at the end of last year and veteran Ma Shuai who’s been around the HK scene for a while now, picking up HK citizenship along the way. Out of the door saw a lot of the youth players go as none were deemed good enough to remain at the club. I’m not sure why some players appear on the list though (Baslev, Brix, Stadsgaard, Dalgaard, Drost). None of them were at the club. I think it maybe a bug.

Squad : The squad is looking very strong now and if it wasn’t for South China strengthening their squad this year, we would have run away with the league. Lim Jong-Eun, Yoon Bit-Garam, Choi Jin-Su, Yoo Wook-Jin, Bae Chun-Suk and Seo Young-Duk are all close to gaining citizenship which should makes things a bit easier for us next year. Bae Chun-Suk was once again the stand out performer for us this year as he bagged 16 goals in 28 games, quite poor for his standards, but still a decent return.

One more award which came our way was the Hong Kong Manager of the Year award which was awarded to me for the 4th time. I could get used to all of these managerial awards! :D

Career Summary

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

League Cup runners-up
		                   		  FA Cup runners-up
2016/17  Fukien		Hong Kong 1st Division    1st     [b]1st Div winners[/b]
		                   		  [b]FA Cup winners[/b]

While I still want to try and complete rancer's challenge (as difficult as it's going to be), as I said in my opening post, I won't rule out a move to another club before the challenge is complete should an offer turn up which is too good to turn down. So, having won every trophy in Hong Kong and the Asian Confederation Cup now, when the Beijing job became available, I thought i'd hand in my application :). Unfortunately, this is the response I got. My board reaction was that they hoped I would stay at Fukien but understood my decision to want to move to a bigger club. I guess i'll still be aiming to complete rancer's challenge in the foreseeable future...unless another job opens up that I like the look of :).

11 trophies in 7 season is one hell of a good haul.

I assume with the recent unsuccessful job aplication your feet are as itchy as ever ;)

Thanks WH. I'm surprised at how quickly the trophies have come to be honest. Considering how poor Fukien were when I took over, it was pleasing that it only took 3 years for us to claim our first trophy. I'm just glad that the trophies have continued to come our way :).

Yep, my feet are starting to itch a little :). I really want to try and complete rancer's challenge though but if a job comes up that I like the look of, i'll definitley have to think about moving. Talking about itchy feet, I just received this offer from Gwangju but decided to rejected it as they have no transfer money, a relatively small wage budget and I feel Fukien are in a better position, so it would be a step back. Nice to know that i'm being considered for jobs though :).

When you have the itch to move Raware, it probably means you're moving in the next couple seasons. :D

Hope you either find a better job in another country, or at least finish up what you started in HK. ;)

Cheers rancer. Hopefully I can finish the latter before moving on :D. It'll be tough though, especially as without winning the ACL I won't be entered into it, thus going back into the ACC. So really I only have a chance of completing your challenge every 2 years...providing I can win the ACC!

That South China just keep showing up all over the place, don't they? ;) Congrats on a great season and 'retaining' your ACC crown (seeing as it was your first chance to defend it). Best of luck for the ACL next year. :thup:

EDIT: I've just secured Ma Shaui's signature for next season in my game as well. :D

An extremely impressive season Raware, 4 out of 5 competitions won is very good going

Thanks hamilton. Shame we couldn't have had the clean sweep :D. But i'm not complaining at 4 :D

That South China just keep showing up all over the place, don't they? Congrats on a great season and 'retaining' your ACC crown (seeing as it was your first chance to defend it). Best of luck for the ACL next year.

EDIT: I've just secured Ma Shaui's signature for next season in my game as well.

I know, there's just no getting rid of them! ;)

Cheers DodgeeD, i'm surprised we managed to win this trophy again. There's seems to be a huge gap in quality between ACL teams and ACC teams; that was proven as we won the ACC yet struggled to win a game in the ACL :(. Hopefully we can do a bit better next time.

Ma Shuai is a great signing and is doing the business for me and he's 32 now! He should put away a few goals for you as he's still in his prime in 2013.

After handing in my application for the Beijing job and being rejected, it seems some chairman are starting to sit up and take note of my managerial 'skills' as I was approached by Gwangju of the South Korean K-League. I decided to turn it down though as I wasn't offered much in terms of transfer and wage budget and the squad looked quite poor. Nice to know i'm being considered though! :D

Fukien - Hong Kong First Division - 2017/18

While I expected us to be in amongst the silverware this year, I couldn’t rule out the threat South China posed and hoped the board would also see it this way. Unfortunately they didn’t and they expected success on all domestic fronts this season.

League Table/League Progress/League Fixtures : We made a solid start to the season but it wasn’t enough to keep up with early pace setters, South China and Kitchee. By the halfway mark though we picked it up a little and were sat in 2nd, just behind South China. From there, we climbed to the summit of the table briefly but some poor performances saw us drop back down into 2nd which is where we stayed until the last game of the season, where we faced…South China in a title decider! We were a point behind them on 40 points and anything less than a win would see Shaolin Temple halt our ambitions in claiming our 5th consecutive title. Luckily though, we managed to hold our nerve (or was it South China losing their nerve?! :D) as we grabbed the title with 4 minutes to go thanks to a goal from the spot from fans favourite and vice captain Choi Jin-Su which saw us win 1-0.

FA Cup : After struggling in this cup for years we’ve now managed to win it 2 years on the bounce as we saw off all of our opponents with minimum fuss.

League Cup : We managed back to back triumphs in this competition too which saw us claim our 3rd League Cup. It wasn’t as straight forward as last year though as it went all the way to penalties; fortunately we held our nerve and won 5-4, Felipe netting the winning spot kick.

Senior Shield : I wanted to make up for last years semi final disappointment, but again this trophy eluded us as we lost on pens to TM Progoal, which foiled our attempts in claiming all domestic trophies.

Asian Champions League : With us claiming our 2nd Confederation Cup last year, we were entered into the ACL for only the 2nd time ever. But it was a short lived journey as we lost in extra time to Indonesian outfit, Persik Kediri.

Asian Confederation Cup : With our loss in the ACL, we were placed in the ACC and out to defend our crown. We managed to qualify from a tricky group, which included fellow Hong Kongers, TM Progoal (there was actually 4 teams from Hong Kong competing in this years ACC! :eek: which hopefully means the reputation of the HK league is climbing). We were quite lucky in the knock out rounds as we were pitted against probably the weakest teams left in the competition and that showed as we brushed them all aside and made it to the final where we were drawn against Persik Kediri…the team that knocked us out of this year’s Asian Champions League! I feared the worse and had recurring nightmares of a repeat of our ACL clash…but it was a somehow poetic final as we comfortably beat them 3-0 to wash away any bad memories of our previous meeting and claim our 3rd Asian Confederation Cup title.

Transfers : Transfer budget : £168k/ Wage budget : £16k p/w. We spent quite big this year (well, big for us ;)) as we brought in 9 players, those being : Japanese left back with duel Hong Kong nationality Chiu Ka Wai from South China and Argentine Lucas Trecarichi and Brazilian Claudinho from Kitchee, who are both only a year or so away from claiming HK citizenship. Our main coups this year though were our scouts in which we brought in 3 of, 1 from Nigeria, 1 from Paraguay and 1 from Japan and that helped us enormously in scouting further field which allowed us to bring in Japanese internationals Tomoya Kasahara from Niigata Unicorn and Ryo Odagiri from Okayama, Nigerian international Louis Babatunde from Heartland, Togan international Felix Valade from ASKO and Uzbeki youth player Aziz Hasanov from Neftchi Farg’ona. Although we’re £2k p/w over on the wage budget, I felt it was necessary as all of the new signings (so I’m told) have great potential.

Squad/Reserves: I’m very happy with the squad now especially after Lim Jong-Eun, Yoon Bit-Garam, Choi Jin-Su, Yoo Wook-Jin, Bae Chun-Suk and Seo Young-Duk claimed HK citizenship and international caps for HK (excluding Yoo Wook-Jin) as it made our home grown section of the team very strong, allowing us to bring in more quality foreigners. The foreigners are looking equally as strong and make up a squad capable of performing against everybody in the league. A few more players are a year or so away from claiming HK citizenship which will make things even easier for us in fielding a consistently strong side full of home nationals. As usual, Bae Chun-Suk was our star performer as he smashed in 37 goals in 35 games, claimed the Hong Kong First Division top scorer award, the Hong Kong Footballer of the Year award and broke his own record for number of goals in a season for us, which incidentally included his 100th league goal for us! :D (He now has 170 goals in 228 appearances for us).

Again, I claimed the Hong Kong Manager of the Year award but more promising news is the fact that our youth facilities are to be upgraded which will hopefully mean some quality youth players starting to come through the ranks (I hope anyway!).

Career Summary

League Cup runners-up
		                   		  FA Cup runners-up
		                   		  [b]FA Cup winners[/b]
2017/18  Fukien		Hong Kong 1st Division    1st     [b]1st Div winners[/b]
		                   		  [b]FA Cup winners[/b]
		                   		  Senior Sheild runners-up

It's hard to say its not complete domination now Raware :D

How does the season work in Hong Kong anyway? 18 games is a bit short.

Not quite yet Sax, but hopefully soon! ;):D. South China are still pretty strong and are signing great players left, right and centre. I just don't know where they're finding them! I'm still yet to have a season where we've won every competition we've entered into but the last 2 have been close. Hopefully it'll be 3rd time lucky next season!

The HK league is quite a short one with 10 teams playing each other twice, so yeah, 18 games. But then you've got 3 cup competitions (FA Cup, League Cup and Senior Shield) and then the continental cups. Still, you can whizz through seasons at a fair pace and that's one of the reasons why I like playing in this league. As much as I love England and English football, sometimes 46 games plus cups can seem to drag on forever!

Tell me about it :(

Prehaps you may see another Hong Kong manager? Or at least one with fewer games!

Get yourself to HK! :D It's always good to manage in a country you're not familiar with. I did it with Sarmiento de Junin on FM08 and learnt things I didn't even know about the Argentina leagues. IMO, playing a league with fewer games makes it easier to sustain the save as I don't find myself getting stale with the game. I always used to play the same old leagues (England/Spain/Italy, etc) and became a bit bored after a while as the season just seemed to drag...of course this is in FM; RL I love the length of the English season...what would we do without the football season?!

Since Fm09 I have always wanted to manage the Australian A-League but never quite had the reputation. Will think about Hong Kong though. Want to stayin Wales for the rest of this season at least, if not 2 seasons.

I propose a new forum exclusively for HK managers :D

Since Fm09 I have always wanted to manage the Australian A-League but never quite had the reputation. Will think about Hong Kong though. Want to stayin Wales for the rest of this season at least, if not 2 seasons.

I propose a new forum exclusively for HK managers

I have the Hyundai League loaded on this save so hopefully i'll make a move there in the future. I've never managed there so it'll be an interesting move for me (if I get one).

I've been following your save and have to say things have seemed to take a turn for the worse with a players revolt! Hope you can turn it around though :thup:

At the rate of new HK managers at the minute, we could well do with one! :D

Fukien - Hong Kong First Division - 2018/19

We were now clear favourites to win the league and the board expected a 6th straight league win.

League Table/League Progress/League Fixtures : We started really well and that’s how we carried on for pretty much the rest of the season as South China faded away to leave us to claim our 6th straight title with 2 games to go.

FA Cup : We had quite an easy route on our way to claiming our 3rd straight FA Cup. Although at times we came close to being our own worst enemy and almost crashed out due to complacency.

League Cup : Another cup win which makes it 3 in a row now. We had quite a tough route (on paper) but we surprisingly beat all of the opposing teams pretty comfortably, including South China in the final.

Senior Shield : After failing to win this trophy in the past 3 years, we finally made amends as we beat arch rivals HK Rangers in the final which completed the domestic quadruple for the first time ever.

Asian Champions League : I wanted us to make the group stages this year after our disappointment last year in the preliminary rounds, but when we drew Persik Kediri (again!) in the preliminary round final I thought our journey could be cut short again. We produced a breath taking display though and trounced them 5-0 at their place to set the record straight and make the groups for only the 2nd time. The group stage was all about experience and we got that which included 2 wins and 2 draws as we finished 3rd and narrowly missed out on qualification.

Transfers : Transfer budget : £128k/ Wage budget : £16.7k p/w. Not much really happened this year. We got rid of a few of the old legs to rake in £69k and brought in a couple of young prospects from China. Again, I don’t know why some players appear on the transfer list (Khalid Mohath Fabricius, Salvatory Rahbek, Wisdom Bendixen). None were at the club, it must be a bug.

Squad/Reserves: The squad stayed the same this year as I felt it didn’t really need strengthening, plus we were at our wage budget limit. A few more players (Bian Peng, William, Henrique and Claudinho) have taken Hong Kong citizenship and claimed caps for the HK national team which has helped us with our home grown player status. A couple more are due to claim citizenship in the next few months (Lucas Trecarichi and Juan Maria) which will help us even more and we could well look at getting a few more quality foreigners in next season. It goes without saying now that Bae Chun-Suk was our star player as he bagged 25 goals in 38 games to take him to 195 goals for the club now :D. One other stand out player was Felix Valade who netted 20 goals in 20 games in his first full season with us and if he continues like that then he’ll make a great partnership upfront with Bae Chun-Suk.

2 more awards which came our way were the Hong Kong Manager of the Year award which I claimed for the 6th successive year :D and the Hong Kong Fans Player of the Year award which was awarded to Felipe.

Career Summary

League Cup runners-up
		                   		  FA Cup runners-up
		                   		  [b]FA Cup winners[/b]
2017/18  Fukien		Hong Kong 1st Division    1st     [b]1st Div winners[/b]
		                   		  [b]FA Cup winners[/b]
		                   		  Senior Sheild runners-up
2018/19  Fukien		Hong Kong 1st Division    1st     [b]1st Div winners[/b]
				   		  [b]FA Cup winners[/b]

Great stuff Raware. :thup: The ACL knockout rounds must be the only target left for you now!

Speaking of short/long seasons, Hong Kong seasons have whizzed by for me after my seasons in Mexico on FM09 - one season there I had about 85 club games (after taking the Mexico job, it got nearer to 100!) :eek: I got up to 2023 in that save but had I played the same amount of time on a nother save, I would have been up to 2035 at least. :p

Archived