Top Class Youngsters

Originally posted by dafuge:

I've got a feeling this has been a problem for a while. I remember facing Messina in the CL with Braintree in FM06, they had a team full of world class looking grey players. They were a far better team than any of the other big European teams who had teams full of real players. I think they won the UEFA Cup without a real player in their team.

i've seen that before but that is usually for quality teams of leagues you haven't got running, eg barcelona having only valdes as a goalkeeper so regenerating a much better grey player who always plays. This is different becuase you are running the league and its in your team these players excist, you can also create and infinate number of them at your will.

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Blackcats:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by dafuge:

I've got a feeling this has been a problem for a while. I remember facing Messina in the CL with Braintree in FM06, they had a team full of world class looking grey players. They were a far better team than any of the other big European teams who had teams full of real players. I think they won the UEFA Cup without a real player in their team.

i've seen that before but that is usually for quality teams of leagues you haven't got running, eg barcelona having only valdes as a goalkeeper so regenerating a much better grey player who always plays. This is different becuase you are running the league and its in your team these players excist, you can also create and infinate number of them at your will. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

then keep them for a season then sell. Rinse, repeat. Keep generating new players. Sell the existing players. Wage bill minimal with unlimited resource of world class players. Yeah I think this is a little broken icon_frown.gif

Originally posted by Alurny:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Liam =D:

Has anyone tried it with a spanish team???

I'll try now.. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No dice. Did it as Barca. They are all terrible. (So realistic then icon_smile.gif )

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Liam =D:

I just tried it, no players seem to be generated at all.

Originally posted by Blackcats:

i think everyones having too much fun with there new inter or milan teams to bother, i know i am lol </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

lol, its great init.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Alurny:

No dice. Did it as Barca. They are all terrible. (So realistic then icon_smile.gif ) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

On further observation the Italian teams have generated good to top class greys. However this is probably due to the small database than a bug.

Originally posted by Liam =D:

Has anyone tried with a middling Italian team???

I would but I'm having too much fun being Inter!!!

I am assuming they generate based on facilities and reputation and therefore will not be world class. Fiorentina's greys fro example were as good (if not slightly better) than their first XI.

Originally posted by Liam =D:

I did just this to see what happened. I chose Genoa, and they produce loads of 'decent Serie B' players, but certainly not many, if any 'leading Serie A' players.

Originally posted by joshpmilton:

I did just this to see what happened. I chose Genoa, and they produce loads of 'decent Serie B' players, but certainly not many, if any 'leading Serie A' players. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Looks like its based on facilities and reputation then. Oh and a bit of luck.

Yeah you can when you sign them but you should just be able to.

Sorry misread your post. icon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ok, lol

Have been trying this with Juve. After doing two full "refreshes" of my reserve team, I already have two 19 year old forwards better than Trezeguet and Del Piero. Buffon will struggle to get in the team, Camoranesi and Nedved have been sold.....A great way to get around those irritating Champions League registration rules (when Juve qualify).

Originally posted by jonahno6:

I really hope this is fixed in the patch so it can shut you people up, well just 1 person really as he keeps posting about it everywhere

Come on mate, no need to be harsh. He found a bug that exploits the game and adds a little fun until the full game is released.

Originally posted by dn6603:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by jonahno6:

I really hope this is fixed in the patch so it can shut you people up, well just 1 person really as he keeps posting about it everywhere

Come on mate, no need to be harsh. He found a bug that exploits the game and adds a little fun until the full game is released. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

ok i admit its a little harsh but liam =D is posting it everywhere and its annoying, soz everyone else

Originally posted by jonahno6:

Cheer up charlie.

Was there any need?

He did a good thing raising the bug so it can be fixed. Try posting something constructive next time eh! icon_wink.gif

Originally posted by dafuge:

thats because in inactive leagues, "fake" players are generated at an average talent of the team itself... So if barca sell their keepers, they get a free world class grey keeper.

personally i think it should be capped at the talent of the ebst player who wouldnt have been loaded at any given database size...

Tbh courtesy of foxmad's a bit much.

I read it in one of Francis Cole's posts and then just posted it in the AC Milan thread.

Pretty cool bug really, I've replaced the whole of my AC Milan first 11, but now I've got like 50 world class players.

icon_smile.gif

Originally posted by Dreaded Walrus:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by duronal:

Hey this also works on the French quick start.

i'm trying others as i write this.

Really? It didn't work for me, with Lyon. I mean, I got players, but they were just the regular, useless greys, nowt special. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

When i tried it with Lyon i got 2 midfielders similar to a good youth / rotation for first team level. Admittedly not the next ronaldinho..... but it still seems odd.

Originally posted by Pope of Pot, King of Nothing:

Wouldn't doing something like this take a lot of fun out of the game?

It's like Quake with godmode.

But tbh, when I was getting killed over and over again in Doom I could do with going on godmode to try something fresh.

I don't think it takes too much fun out of the game, I think winning is fun icon14.gif

I've said it before, I'll say it again.

For active leagues, grey players should be CA 1/PA 1, period. No exceptions.

I absolutely hate coming up against, say, Liverpool in a "small DB" league match and seeing that, because their starting GK got hurt, they've instantiated a god-like grey backup.

Originally posted by Pipson:

Hopefully this wont lead to SI deciding that you cant sign grey players

As long as I can't sign the next Ronaldinho from my greys!!!

Archived