Genie Scout Beta

SJJ01

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tried this last night, everything worked fine. However the shortlist function is not working. What i mean is that you can add players to your shortlist, save the shortlist, import it into your game but the players you saved are all different.

Guess it's one of the bugs & why the full version is not released.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by wilshaw54:

i keep gettin the error

error loading entity number 3831

file position 12671618

database version 1143

person data seem to be currupt

any ideas of what to do??? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Think its to do with the number of leagues running

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by jpamboris:

Tried this last night, everything worked fine. However the shortlist function is not working. What i mean is that you can add players to your shortlist, save the shortlist, import it into your game but the players you saved are all different.

Guess it's one of the bugs & why the full version is not released. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

This worked fine for me. WWSM boxed version, 8.0.1 patch ( new game ), no pre-game editing.

It appeared to work fine for me after I started a new game and played for a while. Unfortunately after it is closed and I try to open it again and load my saved game, it comes up with the error that XML data appears to be corrupt.

Can only wait now until the full version is out. Great work so far anyway.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by sheff:

It appeared to work fine for me after I started a new game and played for a while. Unfortunately after it is closed and I try to open it again and load my saved game, it comes up with the error that XML data appears to be corrupt.

Can only wait now until the full version is out. Great work so far anyway. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Same here.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by CopaX:

i've waiting all this time, and it don't work with savegame at beta time !!

Wonderful !! THX GENIE icon13.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

rofl he releases and gets dissed ....

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by CopaX:

this wasn't meant to be released, it got leaked out. He has already said it has got loads of bugs on it but if it works for some people then thats good. You are an idiot

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by dabest:

this wasn't meant to be released, it got leaked out. He has already said it has got loads of bugs on it but if it works for some people then thats good. You are an idiot </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

lol, it's only not work to me !! Why i'm an idiot ? Because it not work for me ?

Child...

@copax u are really asking for it now m8 icon_smile.gif This version is like stolen from Genie. Like Dabest said it was never ment to be released. It is an unfished product, so saying stuff like: "THX GENIE icon13.gif " is just really stupid

This info may be of use for some:

I have had a development with regards to making the Beta Beta work - I was one of the few who was lucky enough to have a working savegame with Genie Scout, as I had started a new game just as it was leaked.

However, I usually keep two savegames (named after my 2 kittens lol!), and save to one, then the other in turn. However, yesterday afternoon, I noticed that Genie threw up one of the many errors detailed at the start of Page 1 of this thread; but my second (earlier) save game didn't throw up the same error. So obviously, something had gone wrong in the meantime.

So: I guess a temporary solution if you can't be without the squad-picking or searching tools genie Scout offers is to set the three rolling-autosave feature in options, and have it save on a weekly basis (gametime, not realtime!) and keep on reloading your savegames in Genie every three weeks of gametime.

Then, hopefully, if your system does generate savegame data that Genie Scout has problems with, you can revert to an older savegame, and only lose a couple of weeks' worth of data, not the month I have just lost!

I hope that this is taken in the spirit it is intended in; I appreciate that there will be people out there whose savegames are far more important than the use of Genie. This is just a workaround for those of us who feel that without Genie (Michael Nygreen's work; Jattsave - who here remembers that editor for CM3 & 98/99?!?; Mind Compression's CM 1 Saved Game Editor; CM 2 Saved Game Editor Gold; Mind Compression's CM X-plorer; CM Agent; Search CM 03/04 etc etc), the game is missing something!

-- Lucky

I cant get it working yet. I'm not complaining though, just hope Genie can get the full version out soon. I've never used Genie scout before. Does anyone know which program it is that shows you ca and pa ingame, i've seen it on a screenshot on here somewhere.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by krisp:

I cant get it working yet. I'm not complaining though, just hope Genie can get the full version out soon. I've never used Genie scout before. Does anyone know which program it is that shows you ca and pa ingame, i've seen it on a screenshot on here somewhere. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Mini Scout SE

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by dabest:

this wasn't meant to be released, it got leaked out. He has already said it has got loads of bugs on it but if it works for some people then thats good. You are an idiot </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

lol, it's only not work to me !! Why i'm an idiot ? Because it not work for me ?

Child... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Because you are one!

Many ppl has problems with the tool, but that is their problem. The program is still in test version, so stop flaming over its creator.

You are not center of the world, so stop acting like one. "child"

it worked fine for me for two times when i tried to load it.third time i got the messageicon_redface.gifut of memory while loading Entity Number:36425 from:TFMPersonContainer.now it wont work.

i started new game with 8.0.1,unticked compress save,didnt edit anything and it wont work..

Help anyone??

i found out it only work with certain leauges loaded.

for example when i start up an 10 leauge game it worked. this night i tryed make an handsoffgame with only 3 leauges loaded and then it didnt work.

seeems to be pretty random.if someone realy wanna play with it try load up differnt settings in new game and try genie right after start.if it dont work just restart with other settings.

i cant use it for my lazio game. but when i was gonna try how easy it was to manage in epl as arsenal it worked.

I was so happy about it and i've forgotten it's a beta version,so i could not expect more out of it really icon_smile.gif

I've unticked the "compression" thing,but i've came out with a clue,that Beta reads olny saved games,which are no more than 44473861 bytes sized...

So if you're plaing with a very huge database ( like me ) do not expect the fact it will work,cause it doesn't :/

Yeah I also think its something to do with the size but I have no idea were you got that number from. Thats around 44MB and if thats true then I am screwed soon since mine is 43MB and thats on a large DB in England. I will have to enjoy it while it lasts if it is true.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by tlx:

I was so happy about it and i've forgotten it's a beta version,so i could not expect more out of it really icon_smile.gif

I've unticked the "compression" thing,but i've came out with a clue,that Beta reads olny saved games,which are no more than 44473861 bytes sized...

So if you're plaing with a very huge database ( like me ) do not expect the fact it will work,cause it doesn't :/ </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It is happily loading my save games, and the most recent one is 272,703,687 bytes, somewhat bigger than the 44,473,861 bytes you say!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ranson52:

I got this message :

"Out Of Memory While Loading Entity Number: 146333 From: TFMPersonContainer"

Using new game, patched up to latest. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Still trying to find out if anyone has any idea what this might mean ??

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Lucky DJB:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by tlx:

So if you're plaing with a very huge database ( like me ) do not expect the fact it will work,cause it doesn't :/ </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It is happily loading my save games, and the most recent one is 272,703,687 bytes, somewhat bigger than the 44,473,861 bytes you say! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well than,prove it or tell every little deatail about your FM and Genie version icon_biggrin.gif.I just cannot believe what ur saying bro,just can't icon_razz.gif

I shouldn't really rise to this sort of bait, but what the hell - it's nearly the weekend:

Desktop Snapshot (showing Genie loaded successfully, number of players etc and game date

Explorer Window (showing size of files)

FM 2008 Loaded Screen (showing linked game date, number of leagues and linked game date)

So please don't call me for just making things up!

Note the explorer window - I've got it set on 10 fortnightly rolling saves, so if I try Genie and it doesn't work (happened once with this game) I can roll back for 2 weeks at a time to find the last save that does work, and restart from there. I really only enjoy playing the game with Genie (or past equivalents - see my previous post) so this doesn't cause me too much inconvenience.

-- Lucky

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Lucky DJB:

I shouldn't really rise to this sort of bait, but what the hell - it's nearly the weekend:

Desktop Snapshot (showing Genie loaded successfully, number of players etc and game date

FM 2008 Loaded Screen (showing linked game date, number of leagues and linked game date) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm more concerned about the names of your cats.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by apyretic:

FM 2008 Loaded Screen (showing linked game date, number of leagues and linked game date) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm more concerned about the names of your cats. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I tend to name them all after Eastern Europeans - I've got Nikita (Khrushchev/Khrushchyov), Lolita (from the novel by Vladimir Vladimirovich Nabokov); Pasha (from Pavel Petrovich/Paul I of Russia) and Ceauseie (from Nicolae CeauÅŸescu).

I have far too much thinking time on my hands.

-- Lucky

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I'm more concerned about the names of your cats. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

LoL

And nice screenies---there is hope for me icon_smile.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ObaMartins09:

I don't think it is mate. Anyone else know what it is? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i think the name of that skin is Black in 2 or something along those lines icon14.gif

--Lucky??...

-=Sucky!!

Oh,just one thing.If U are so Easter-European,why one of your cats isn't called Lech(Lech Walesa/Lech Kaczyński),douche? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

**Whilst studiously avoiding the temptation to feed the trolls, Lucky feels the need to acknowledge that he'd never thought of Lechie as a name...damn**

Also, the skin iin the screenshots is Black-In-2 v1.3 skin with the optional panels included from sortitoutsi.net (currently down as of writing this) - I love the optional panels, as on the squad selection view screen, it automatically includes a column showing your assistant manager's 1-7 star rating of the players, and also a column showing the players' best positions...(ie a D RC, DM, M R player may be listed in that column as a DM only)

As a last nod to tlx, I feel the need to point out that if you are going to attempt to start a flame war with someone, make sure that your first post doesn't refer to Easter Europeans as opposed to Eastern Europeans. But I'll take that back, as I know I'm not infallible when it comes to spelling, and I'll probably make just as silly an error down the line, and get hoisted by my own petard! Or something.

However, it has been some time since I was called a douche. Quite proud of that, in an odd way...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mansfieldfc:

Im still laffing my t*tts off at all the,

(This was never ment to be released & it was stolen) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Touché!

--Lucky??...

-=Sucky!!

Oh,just one thing.If U are so Easter-European,why one of your cats isn't called Lech(Lech Walesa/Lech Kaczyński),douche? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

**Whilst studiously avoiding the temptation to feed the trolls, Lucky feels the need to acknowledge that he'd never thought of Lechie as a name...damn**

Also, the skin iin the screenshots is Black-In-2 v1.3 skin with the optional panels included from sortitoutsi.net (currently down as of writing this) - I love the optional panels, as on the squad selection view screen, it automatically includes a column showing your assistant manager's 1-7 star rating of the players, and also a column showing the players' best positions...(ie a D RC, DM, M R player may be listed in that column as a DM only)

As a last nod to tlx, I feel the need to point out that if you are going to attempt to start a flame war with someone, make sure that your first post doesn't refer to Easter Europeans as opposed to Eastern Europeans. But I'll take that back, as I know I'm not infallible when it comes to spelling, and I'll probably make just as silly an error down the line, and get hoisted by my own petard! Or something.

However, it has been some time since I was called a douche. Quite proud of that, in an odd way... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Look man,i just don't understand how is it possible to load an over 200 MB savegame,while me and others are stopping on 43-44 MB's...

You gaved a proof with some pics,cool.But every single game is over 200 MB,so i still don't khow what is going on.

And to end with this whole stupid riot : I hadn't have any meanings to feed the troll,no sir.And I'm not making a new war.

Seems to look like tahn it's good to be a douche.Go to talk-show with it or something icon_razz.gif

Sorry 4 the OT

OK, thanks for that, all cool...

Just an idea, I'm constantly saving my games and reloading them into genie, could that have anything to do with it? I'm thinking that maybe because there isn't a lot of new information with every new savegame, maybe there isn't a lot to go wrong every time.

Remember that I have already encountered an error early on with my current game, where I got an error after about 5 months gametime, so I backtracked and continued, and I'm still ok with it...

My setup isn't anything special - Laptop, 2x1.6gHz, 2GiB RAM, is your setup a lot different?

As I speak, I've just taken over Portsmouth in my game, re-saved it under *another* new name (Lechie, in case you're interested lol!) and it is now 316MB...

I'm using Vista x64 if you think that may have something to do with it?

Archived