Genie Scout Beta

SJJ01

What? This is a product made by a community member for the community, gratis.

It took Michael Nygreen giving the code for Eugene to make his program, right? Like I said, I think it might be time for that to happen again.

It's pointless to argue over ownership and prerogative, just as it is irrelevant whether or not Michael Nygreen owned FM/CM Scout. It's about the future of this program. We went through this same issue when Nygreen joined SI and stopped making FM Scout.

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DS:

FFS! No matter what I do it wont load my save game from 2010. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I can never get past 2008. How many leagues are you running?

Just MLS with large database and all Canadian players loaded because I am managing Canda. Worked very well so far and into 2010 because I took a MLS job and it was working for the off season but now about 6 months on its world cup time and I need genie to help me pick my squad and it doesnt work.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DS:

Just MLS with large database and all Canadian players loaded because I am managing Canda. Worked very well so far and into 2010 because I took a MLS job and it was working for the off season but now about 6 months on its world cup time and I need genie to help me pick my squad and it doesnt work. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Do you have a RelType or a TransferType error?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by sd6310a:

Just MLS with large database and all Canadian players loaded because I am managing Canda. Worked very well so far and into 2010 because I took a MLS job and it was working for the off season but now about 6 months on its world cup time and I need genie to help me pick my squad and it doesnt work. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Do you have a RelType or a TransferType error? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I have the same error everyone else has with person data seems to be corrupt. RelType 102.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by stefan423:

not sure if this has been mentioned but i'm having problems with genie scout.

i get this error message,

http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q19/lost989/error.jpg

my suspect that its because i made some changes to the database and saved it with a different name, what do you think?

thanks </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Retiring yourself doesn't work? I suspect your's is the same as the one I had. Mine had to do with making in-game notes. I stopped and it never comes now. I understand you may not want to retire yourself as you want to accumulate achievements and maintain relationships with the board and players but so far it's the only remedy.

Also with these huge errors that stop Genie from loading I dont think anyone has noticed the minor bug where Genie Scout sometimes doesn't show the second nationality of a player. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You mean when a player has a second nationality and they play for a new country? That was in 2007's too.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jumbalumba:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by stefan423:

not sure if this has been mentioned but i'm having problems with genie scout.

i get this error message,

http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q19/lost989/error.jpg

my suspect that its because i made some changes to the database and saved it with a different name, what do you think?

thanks </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Retiring yourself doesn't work? I suspect your's is the same as the one I had. Mine had to do with making in-game notes. I stopped and it never comes now. I understand you may not want to retire yourself as you want to accumulate achievements and maintain relationships with the board and players but so far it's the only remedy. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You just save it as a new save game after you retire yourself and then use that to scout and load up your real save game to continue your career without retiring.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by sd6310a:

Also with these huge errors that stop Genie from loading I dont think anyone has noticed the minor bug where Genie Scout sometimes doesn't show the second nationality of a player. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You mean when a player has a second nationality and they play for a new country? That was in 2007's too. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah there was a player USA/Canada and then I played him for Canada and Genie wouldn't show he had USA nationality any more.

Nope, mine's gone. It stopped working, but I was able to get around that by using the retiring trick. However, that no longer works and even when I do retire I get a "Person Data Seems to be Corrupt" error when it's cycling through "People".

Shame because I was just getting into it, too.

Having read through a lot of this thread it seems that the "Beta" is working by degrees.

I have played the FM series since it was CM and my object in each version was to sign as many top youngsters to my youth team with the intention then of watching them mature over 5-7 seasons into a top class outfit with proper training etc. To this end I found the scout invaluable. It is also a great tool for weeding out the trash when you start a game.

My question is this. Is the present Beta version good enough for the purpose of using it upon starting a new game in order to make a shortlist of good youth players and also see just how good ones inherited players are in reality?.

The problem is, at some point the database will get corrupted (usually after a few months for me!). If the retiring-trick thing does in fact work then I guess you could use that and yeah your youth research thingie should be fine

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Having read through a lot of this thread it seems that the "Beta" is working by degrees.

I have played the FM series since it was CM and my object in each version was to sign as many top youngsters to my youth team with the intention then of watching them mature over 5-7 seasons into a top class outfit with proper training etc. To this end I found the scout invaluable. It is also a great tool for weeding out the trash when you start a game.

My question is this. Is the present Beta version good enough for the purpose of using it upon starting a new game in order to make a shortlist of good youth players and also see just how good ones inherited players are in reality?. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes!

It ALWAYS works for about 3 months, then it is hit and miss.

If you start a game you can find all the players that you want to sign, find who is absolute trash in your team etc

This will only work for the first season tho, after that it never seems to work for me (other people have reported success tho).

Solutions around this is to use either FMM or MiniScout to view the CA/PA of your players. Miniscout is also good as it allows you to search by age, position and CA/PA (be warned that is all though, you can't search via attributes, nationality etc).

Its not 3 or 4 months, it worked for me for 3 years. Its just the size of the file. I was running just MLS and there werent many players loaded so it was a smaller save game and so it was able to be scouted for longer. I tried deleting temporary files like the match files and even histories but it didnt work.

How can you look for a player that you can be sure will come to you?

Is it wholely based on reputation?

If it is, then I search for players that have a lower reputation than my club but none of them come.

Does anyone know what I have to do?

Archived