dafuge's FM08 small club to big club challenge

What's the chances of getting teams with 900 or less rating? I have a list of teams I want to try but if I'm only 1% likely to get them I'll try Tiverton who I can get.

I'd like Bashley (geographic), Maidstone (had a soft spot for them when they were in the league and want to take them back), Swindon S or another smallish team. Taking someone like Lincoln Utd and surpassing Lincoln C seems like fun to me but haven't seen them in about 20 reloads.

Am I living in daydreams if I want teams like Bashley (600 or so)?

• Replies 11.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ok, so now i'm back up and running at 8.1Mbps, i've uploaded my images and i've got a couple of things to share.

first the screencap of my greatest victory

last time i checked the 8 goals in a match was a record, so i'll post in the record thread too icon_smile.gif

Bedford Town - Blue Square South - Season Review 09/10

After a truly odd start to the season, where at one point my record was something in the region of [P20 W6 D1 L13] and i was either losing 4 or 5 nil, or winning 4 nil, i managed to hit a good cup run. i reached the FA trophy 2nd round and the sultana shield 4th round, both exceeding expectations and at the same time found some league consistancy.

but again, for every 3 games i won, i lost the next one. at one point i was able to look at the playoffs as a possiblity, but that passed and i settled into mid table 'success'. with a media expectation of 19th i was pretty happy, but couldn't help but think what could have been. when i suffered an end of season drop in form, i was worried i'd finish lower than my first season, but a victory in my last game 4-3 [winning goal coming in the 95th minute...] kept me in 12th, 2 places up on last year

league table

progress chart

as you can see from the chart, i was never really in danger of finishing any higher.

my fans player of the year, and absolute star for me, for the second year

Andy Caton

Beginning of season 10/11 - the story so far

So for the second year running i offloaded about a dozen players who i'd only signed on a free the summer before, but this time i retained quite a few too. I also broke my self imposed wage structure to sign some prett good players. And i'm over wage budget for the first time too. Luckily, it seems to have paid off.

Its the beginning of october and i'm unbeaten in 10 games, 2nd in the league, and looking pretty good. Caton just won player of the month for september and i picked up my first manager of the month

sorry for the long update guys. i'll get in more regularly in future icon_smile.gif

Dafuge! Quick question.... What about loans?, I have my eyes on a bulgarian defender he´s on my player search list due to my bulgarian knowledge, they won´t let me have him on trial, but there willing to loan him to me?? I that allowed? And can I then by him, If i have him on loan?

Merthyr Tydfil Blue Square South Season 09/10 - PROMOTION!!

Fb season tbf. We always looked like getting a play off place.

We finished 4th in the end, got through the play off semis [mini update above], and here's how the final turned out.

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre"> Blue Square South PlayOff Final

Lewes 1-2 Merthyr Tydfil

Ben Hopkins, 71 Christian Ribiero O.G, 10

Joe Gatting [pen], 28</pre>

We also did relitively well in the cups.

We got to the first round of the FA Cup, losing 4-1 to Yeovil.

We got to the 6th round of the Setanta Shield losing to Margate 1-0 iirc.

We got to about the 3rd round of the FA Trophy losing to some crappy team.

Here's some player stats:

Top Goalscorer - Derek Asamoah - 23

Top Assisstee - Derek Asamoah - 13

Top MOtM - Kaid Mohamed + Derek Asamoah - 9

Yellow Cards - Colin Daniel - 11

Red Cards - Kaid Mohamed + Rob Nightingale - 1

Top AvG Rating - Kaid Mohamed - 7.24

Great season and I hope to stay in the BS Premier next season icon14.gif

Season 2012/13 Review - Chippenham Town in League Two

After my playoff win last season, I was expecting a season of struggle in the Football League.

Final League Table

League Positions Graph

A great season, I really wasn't expecting this. I lost a bit of form in the middle of the season, but managed to turn things around and finish strongly.

Squad

Transfers

The two Bulgarians that came in were good, but didn't really set the world alight. The top performers in my side were mostly players I had signed in my first season, in the BS South.

Board Confidence

Since my contract is up soon, I've been keeping an eye on this to see if there is a bug as some people have mentioned. So far, everything looks fine and although I haven't been offered a new contract yet, the board sound happy enough to offer me one at the end of the season.

It's back to those damn playoffs again...

Originally posted by Tyler_Durden:

Dafuge! Quick question.... What about loans?, I have my eyes on a bulgarian defender he´s on my player search list due to my bulgarian knowledge, they won´t let me have him on trial, but there willing to loan him to me?? I that allowed? And can I then by him, If i have him on loan?

That sounds fine, since you can get a coach report on a player who is on loan with you.

Originally posted by dafuge:

Season 2012/13 Review - Chippenham Town in League Two

After my playoff win last season, I was expecting a season of struggle in the Football League.

Final League Table

League Positions Graph

A great season, I really wasn't expecting this. I lost a bit of form in the middle of the season, but managed to turn things around and finish strongly.

Squad

Transfers

The two Bulgarians that came in were good, but didn't really set the world alight. The top performers in my side were mostly players I had signed in my first season, in the BS South.

Board Confidence

Since my contract is up soon, I've been keeping an eye on this to see if there is a bug as some people have mentioned. So far, everything looks fine and although I haven't been offered a new contract yet, the board sound happy enough to offer me one at the end of the season.

It's back to those damn playoffs again...

Nice work pal, hopefully ill be able to hold my position around there.

Originally posted by RockLobster:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by anagain:

Fraid its nigh on impossible to get anything less than 900. The lowest i've seen is Mangotsfield(850) so the chances of finding Basley are pretty much non-existent im afraid icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

In previous versions it seemed like if you were willing to spend some time you could get just about anyone. I've reloaded well over 250 times this version though and have yet to see absolutely anyone below 800. Even getting 900/1000 rep teams this year is only a 1/10 or so chance. Unless you get plain lucky, expect to be reloading LOTS if you want a specific team icon_frown.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by anagain:

Fraid its nigh on impossible to get anything less than 900. The lowest i've seen is Mangotsfield(850) so the chances of finding Basley are pretty much non-existent im afraid icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The lowest in the challenge at the moment is PoypleMonkeys with Harrow Borough with a rep of 750. There are some saves floating around of Banbury and Gloucester that are rep 800.

Personally I havent managed to get anything lower than Mangostfield at 850 to appear in over 300 reloads.

Thanks Rocklobster (great name btw - B52s fan?). I think I may go with Tiverton then.

I did also find Mangotsfield, and Banbury too. The clubs don't really interest me though.

Incidentally most people may have realised this but a quick way to find out which clubs are new is to go to your home screen and all but the really big clubs will be looking for a manager.

Anyone else have fans that are supercritical of your signings?

I've barely managed to put together a full team in time for the start of the season this year and the fans have been all over half my signings.

I can understand that in league football, but common, surely the fans can understand they arn't gonna see world class players in the BSS.

Originally posted by anagain:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by RockLobster:

Thanks Rocklobster (great name btw - B52s fan?). I think I may go with Tiverton then.

I did also find Mangotsfield, and Banbury too. The clubs don't really interest me though.

Incidentally most people may have realised this but a quick way to find out which clubs are new is to go to your home screen and all but the really big clubs will be looking for a manager. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

King's Lynn, AFC Wimbledon, Methyr Tydfill, Whitby and Halesowen (900 rep) all start with a manager. The rest of the clubs that I have seen don't, as far as I remember.

Originally posted by Quavis:

Anyone else have fans that are supercritical of your signings?

I've barely managed to put together a full team in time for the start of the season this year and the fans have been all over half my signings.

I can understand that in league football, but common, surely the fans can understand they arn't gonna see world class players in the BSS.

I found that quite often, usually when you signed a lot of players. They tend to pick on players who have made the odd few sub appearances so have low ratings.

Dafuge, my screen looked exactly like that when i didnt get a new contract.. Their was even media attention that i certenly would get a new contract .. but you now the rest!

Maybee youll live seeing that you have had a great season, fingers crossed

Originally posted by hee163:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Aario:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by NepentheZ:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Aario:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by NepentheZ:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by dafuge:

UN BE LIEVABLE..!!

Proof I didnt 'photoshop' that bad boy...

Really.... Unreal....

That's mental, how did it happen? Were they short of players? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Match Stats </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Wow - thats some game!

Could you post the player ratings?? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The Losing Team (17-0) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks for that - seven players get a "1" - never seen anyone get one before - guess they probably deserved! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Is that the first game of the season? Could be a long one for nuneaton! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Nuneatons first 8 games finished as follows...

Oxford 17 - 0 Nuneaton

Altrincham 6 - 0 Nuneaton

Crawley 5 - 1 Nuneaton (OG Crawley icon_biggrin.gif )

Salisbury 8 - 0 Nuneaton

Southport 5 - 0 Nuneaton

Exeter 7 - 1 Nuneaton

Chester 2 - 0 Nuneaton

Halifax 5 - 1 Nuneaton

Totals...

Games - 8

Wins - 0

Draws - 0

Losses - 8

Goals Scored - 3 (2 Of which were OG's)

Goals Conceeded - 55

Amazing.

Started my second season of the game in Blue square premiership now, I'm 6 games in & have won 3, drawn 3. Looking pretty solid but don't think I have enough just yet to go for promotion as my squad is very thin. If I get 1 or 2 injurys I will struggle so mid table is still my aim.

Brighton just bid 250k + 40% sell on fee for my centre back which I accepted only for him to reject saying his ability demanded a more luxurious wage. I'm happy in one sense because he is a top class centre back my assistant says would fit into a League one side but the deal was good for the club.

Onwards & upwards we go, more to follow .....

I've always meant to do this challenge and as my main PC is down for repairs and my old one struggles to run FM with the database I like here I am.

Failed to get the teams I really wanted to try so it's full steam ahead with Tivvy:

Tivvy manager

It's gonna be a harsh start with no staff or players. The Exeter and Plymouth links will help.

Expectations are nicely lax:

Tivvy expectations

Originally posted by dafuge:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by kaNovi:

Let me know how the contract works out dafuge icon14.gif

It's 23rd June and I've just signed a two year contract extension \o/ </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thats great.. my contract is also up for renewal now, i have 10 games left and im 1 point away from playoff.. hopefully i will get a new contract!!

Chippenham Town 13/14 End of Season Update

well as i posted before you know i am now in league 2, but thought now that i have a little time i would post a more in depth if only slightly so round up of the season

Over all had a pretty strong season, after game 5 not dropping below the top ten.

League graph

managed to finish in 5th place after a poor performance in the last 3 or 4 games of the season prevented me from making the top spot.

League Table

i went into the play offs as clear underdogs against a strong cheltenham side and only managed to pull of a draw in the Frist leg

but managed to sneak in a 2 goal lead in the Second Leg

This left me with a final against Burton a team in a game that the pundits said had a draw written all over it. and they where right with the game ending in a dreaded penalty shoot out, which i narrowly won.

Play Of Final

Kris got player of the year but despite his stas has still not manged to break Vicktor Illugasons all time top scoring record of 38 goals in one season.

Tyler also put in some stunning performances and was a contributed in no small way to the teams league position and eventual promotion.

Season Summary

Manager Overview

Manager of the Year

Board Confidence

Season Best 11

Expectations for the comming season

Originally posted by jsar:

Chippenham Town 13/14 End of Season Update

well as i posted before you know i am now in league 2, but thought now that i have a little time i would post a more in depth if only slightly so round up of the season

Over all had a pretty strong season, after game 5 not dropping below the top ten.

League graph

managed to finish in 5th place after a poor performance in the last 3 or 4 games of the season prevented me from making the top spot.

League Table

i went into the play offs as clear underdogs against a strong cheltenham side and only managed to pull of a draw in the Frist leg

but managed to sneak in a 2 goal lead in the Second Leg

This left me with a final against Burton a team in a game that the pundits said had a draw written all over it. and they where right with the game ending in a dreaded penalty shoot out, which i narrowly won.

Play Of Final

Kris got player of the year but despite his stas has still not manged to break Vicktor Illugasons all time top scoring record of 38 goals in one season.

Tyler also put in some stunning performances and was a contributed in no small way to the teams league position and eventual promotion.

Season Summary

Manager Overview

Manager of the Year

Board Confidence

Season Best 11

Expectations for the comming season

Beer + 14 hour working day + Tiredness = posts that are hard to understand

Hopefully you all managed to get the gist of what i was saying icon_biggrin.gif

Archived