El Ricardo's FIFA World Football League (v1.0)

El_Ricardo

Well, seeing this i find it very interesting.

I have a few questions, why you so worried about scheduling? Normally a normal league club has to do a 20 to 22 clubs league, a super cup if qualified, a cup, a league cup, European competition if qualified... this is a lot more games than your system.

I think you structure is missing a substitute for the euro competition/League Cup. Maybe a Medals Cup as someone said before. I've done some leagues before, and a group Stage+cup league is not that hard to do. The other question is, did you substitute the clubs in their own leagues or are they are not working?

• Replies 348
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Here is another possible problem with not changing the nations of the clubs to that of the superleague - The teams in the superleague will take on the league standard of the nation they are based. It does not seem to take into account the league standard of he various leagues within the superleague. So for instance, I put the LA Galaxy into my 7th tier. The league standard of that tier is set to 9. The team seems to be ignoring this and using the MLS standard of 12. The values of the players reflect a league standard of 12 and the board then wants the team to be at a more acceptable level.

This does not sound very good.. But if that is true it means that they take count of both the MLS and the Tier 7 leaguestandard reputation? Otherwise the board would not complain? Could it not be the reputation of La Galaxy that is to great for a league standard of 9? That will be fixed with a few season in the game when the repuation has been changed accordning to the leaguestandard.

I hope this is the reason..

Thats good news El Ricardo regarding no FIFA pure regens.

My only gripe with this system/editor is having all teams set as one nation. It really messes up the 'real life' transfer system. You just get too random of a squads players nationality. Teams don't buy based on their region.

In real life, clubs buy from anywhere if they can afford it and they feel it will improve their squad. This is especially true of the bigger clubs of the world. The transfer preferences of the new nation have been set to look towards the bigger leagues first. Also, don't underestimate that managers have their own transfer tendencies attributes as well. There's also scouting knowledge within the club which restricts options.

In my view, if such a hypothetical league existed, it is by definition international. Therefore, wouldn't the transfer activities diversify as a result; as players clamour to play in the world's most prestigious league format? I've put much more emphasis on youth development within the rules (5 U23 in sqaud/5 Club Homegrown in first 11) which will address any perceived imbalance which may 'blight' the purists.

Please allow me time to sort out the refereeing issue. I wanted it released tomorrow, but this little nugget is annoying yet necessary to have as a realistic gaming experience as possible. It will be released some time in the next week, however.

If dual nationality players pop up won't this mean that the FIFA nation will be qualifying for the quarter or semi-finals of the World Cup in, say, 10 years time if the regens opt to play for FIFA?

No. Quite simply, they're not a member of FIFA (the organisation) on the editor. Therefore, no competitive matches. The FIFA players aren't all that great either... They're hit and miss like most nations.

I switched all my clubs over to the same nationality and I quite like the results. Loan activity is far more active, the youth and reserve cups run themselves and therefore teams are promoted/relegated with their senior counterpartsm I can run cup matches at neutral venues, etc. The only change I had to make is deleting the min number of home grown players from the country in my rules because newly established clubs ie the a-league clubs, the new mls clubs etc. did not have players trained in those clubs for a minimum 3 years so they would sign a bunch of UAE players (my league is based in the UAE). Same with teams that start with small squads.

Thanks for the quick reply.

I was thinking of managing them :D

Just as an afterthought, do many of them opt to play for FIFA?

I mean it could make a difference if the next Leo Messi decides to play for FIFA rather than Argentina...

Or can the regens not play for a country that isn't in FIFA (the organisation)?

Thanks for the quick reply.

I was thinking of managing them :D

Just as an afterthought, do many of them opt to play for FIFA?

I mean it could make a difference if the next Leo Messi decides to play for FIFA rather than Argentina...

Or can the regens not play for a country that isn't in FIFA (the organisation)?

Very important question!! they definately can choose to play for them, whether they will or not is the issue, and i fear that if some do, then most will.... thats why we need a long test....

No. Quite simply, they're not a member of FIFA (the organisation) on the editor. Therefore, no competitive matches. The FIFA players aren't all that great either... They're hit and miss like most nations.

I'm creating my own super league at the minute, and the main issue I've noticed is that a lot of players with dual nationality are called up for "FIFA" before their home nation. It might mean that a lot of talented youngsters are stuck playing for FIFA rather than their proper country.

I switched all my clubs over to the same nationality and I quite like the results. Loan activity is far more active, the youth and reserve cups run themselves and therefore teams are promoted/relegated with their senior counterpartsm I can run cup matches at neutral venues, etc. The only change I had to make is deleting the min number of home grown players from the country in my rules because newly established clubs ie the a-league clubs, the new mls clubs etc. did not have players trained in those clubs for a minimum 3 years so they would sign a bunch of UAE players (my league is based in the UAE). Same with teams that start with small squads.

Well, on my test with the San Marino team Murata, it seems the game waivers the rule if neither team can meet it in the first year or so.

I'm creating my own super league at the minute, and the main issue I've noticed is that a lot of players with dual nationality are called up for "FIFA" before their home nation. It might mean that a lot of talented youngsters are stuck playing for FIFA rather than their proper country.

oh dear...Nightmare

A manager is created for the country (Sepp Blatter). The friendlies organise themselves, unfortunately. There's no way of getting around this.

There is a way of getting around the 'FIFA wonderkid' problem - and that's by changing the nationality with an in game editor. My experience is that very few of these dual nationality players come through anyway, and an even smaller percentage will be as good as Messi.

I can announce that there will be three cup competitions to run alongside the 'catch-all' FIFA Cup. These are:

DIAMOND CUP

80 teams - all of the teams from Gold League, Silver League, Bronze League A and B. Sixteen groups of five which play each other twice - top two qualify for two-legged knockout stage.

EMERALD TROPHY

120 teams - A two legged knockout tournament involving all teams from Challenge Leagues 1A, 1B, 1C and Challenge Leagues 2A, 2B, 2C. The eight better performing clubs from Challenge League 1 gain a bye to the second round.

SAPPHIRE SHIELD

140 teams - A two legged knockout tournament involving all teams from Challenge League 3A, 3B, 3C and Challenge League 4A, 4B, 4C, 4D. There will be a two-legged qualifying round early on beforehand involving 24 of the lowest performing clubs from Challenge League 4.

A manager is created for the country (Sepp Blatter). The friendlies organise themselves, unfortunately. There's no way of getting around this.

Yea, but if you create 80 rubbish players in the editor then the team can be controlled by a human manager. Add a human manager, and don't do anything with the team which will stop the friendlies and unnecessary international call-ups...

before you get tons of messages saying "download link broken", edit your main tag in the OP. Its missing the 'h' from http at the start of the link. Just hope you manage to do this before the bitching starts coz it really annoys me when people start moaning when its so easy just to add a h. Thanks for this. Keep up the good work

I'm probably going to make changes to that anyway. What would you suggest be a better rule? Perhaps five in the squad and two or three in starting eleven?

Well, maybe instead of 5, having only 2 and make mandatory to have 8 or 10 from your club in your squad (just like Champions League)

This is incredible! Only thing I dislike are the very strict match rules. Wouldn't something similar to the Champions League rules be sufficient? 5 Players trained at the club in first 11 is tough..

Edit: Five and two like you suggested seems good to me.

Edit2: How does scouting work on this? Do you set scouts to regions like normal or to scout FIFA?

Scouting FIFA will just scout the league structure itself, while scouting regions works as normal.

After consideration, the match rules will be changed for version 1.1. I'll keep the five U23 in match squad rule, while having a minimum of eight home grown club players in your squad overall. Sound fair?

yep, sounds good... I have a question, why the u23 players rule? Any special reason? In my opinion, there's no reason to have a limit of this type in all competitions (Some clubs don't have that much quality players in their U23) but would make sence if it was in only one competition. (ex: make the "other cups" DIAMOND CUP/EMERALD TROPHY/SAPPHIRE SHIELD U23 friendly)

Also, i know your not a fan but, i think a Super Cup should be on your structure. At least i think it's important.

Another issue on your first release, i'm guessing that all the other leagues are unplayable because you take clubs form their leagues and didn't substitute it, right? Maybe substitute the clubs for others of the lower divisions wouldn't be a bad choice for one of your next releases. ;)

Thankz for the update! ;)

Scouting FIFA will just scout the league structure itself, while scouting regions works as normal.

After consideration, the match rules will be changed for version 1.1. I'll keep the five U23 in match squad rule, while having a minimum of eight home grown club players in your squad overall. Sound fair?

But when scouting regions, doesn't it search for players thats clubs are based in the region instead of players based there? And if all the clubs are based in FIFA, it won't find players from any of the clubs if you search in england for example.. ??

I've always gone on the assumption that if you're scouting a region (let's say, Eastern Europe), then it scouts clubs within that region, rather than the nationality of the players. I'm fairly sure I've scouted in places such as Romania and had Nigerian players end up on my scouting reports. I could be wrong.

yep, sounds good... I have a question, why the u23 players rule? Any special reason? In my opinion, there's no reason to have a limit of this type in all competitions (Some clubs don't have that much quality players in their U23) but would make sence if it was in only one competition. (ex: make the "other cups" DIAMOND CUP/EMERALD TROPHY/SAPPHIRE SHIELD U23 friendly)

Also, i know your not a fan but, i think a Super Cup should be on your structure. At least i think it's important.

Another issue on your first release, i'm guessing that all the other leagues are unplayable because you take clubs form their leagues and didn't substitute it, right? Maybe substitute the clubs for others of the lower divisions wouldn't be a bad choice for one of your next releases. ;)

Thankz for the update! ;)

Resorting the nation's competitions would take a very long time to do! I personally don't want to do that - though if somebody else feels brave enough... ;)

The U23 rule is there so as to emphasise youth development within clubs themselves. It's a personal fancy really. If the rule weren't there, I envisage a stage in time whereby it will be so easy to just splash out money on the best players, while ignoring the youth development. The lowest clubs within the structure start with a 10 youth setup - in time, with the money the leagues generate for the teams, thy will be able to build on these facilities and hopefully produce better players for their club and nation.

A Super Cup will be in the next release. FIFA Cup winners vs. Gold League winners.

I've always gone on the assumption that if you're scouting a region (let's say, Eastern Europe), then it scouts clubs within that region, rather than the nationality of the players. I'm fairly sure I've scouted in places such as Romania and had Nigerian players end up on my scouting reports. I could be wrong.

Yes.. and if the clubs are now in FIFA nation, that would mean that they probably won't get scouted?

5xChampions - I advise not to start a new game yet; I'm going to release a small version update very soon. When you start a new game, make sure you check the 'change' box when the menu to select which database you are using pops up.

itago7 - yes, you're correct. However, the clubs still have their local regions set. Whether that makes any difference, I don't know.

BurnCM4x - I may have to scrap the idea of the Super Cup after all. It seems I cannot edit where it takes place. It will only go and play itself at the national stadium of 1000 spectators. The only way to get arund it is to have it over two legs.

It seems I cannot edit where it takes place. It will only go and play itself at the national stadium of 1000 spectators. The only way to get arund it is to have it over two legs.

Do you get this with all cup finals? In my project they are a bit odd, I have neutral venue set for one-off finals, and they always end up at a large stadium in the country of the 'home' team. For example, Chelsea v Barcelona, the final takes place at Wembley. But the next season it was Barcelona v Chelsea, final takes place in Valencia.

I don't get that, since I duplicated around 16 of the world's most notable stadiums and set them in the same duplicated cities. It was then a case of setting them within FIFA. My finals can be held anywhere from Sydney to Rio! :D

Ah right, and you changed all your teams nationality to FIFA didn't you? i haven't changed mine, which probably explains it.

It's actually ok for me, at least it means these finals are always at a big stadium.

good work el ricardo!

some awards are bugged though. Star GK is always given to least conceded, this means if a keeper played 4 and conceded 1 he will be the winner which was the case in the two seasons holidayed.

Another bugged trophy is the golden boot which is always given the most scoring defender and not player.

PLayer of the year award is not really fair aswell, ibra had above 8.3 average and the winner was vargas with 7.74

But I guess it would be difficult to solve these problems.

The database looks really enjoyable ;-) keet up the good work

Archived