El Ricardo's FIFA World Football League (v1.0)

El_Ricardo

• Replies 348
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hands up who wants Cardiff City to be the Welsh representative side, instead of the glamorous Rhyl?

I've already got the likes of Toronto FC and Wellington Phoenix representing their respective countries despite playing in a different national system than their own, so was wondering whether Cardiff should also be given a shout?

Is that enough for preventing the matches clash?

Other question...

I wanted to put the teams in each division selected by reputation, not by representing some region. Is there anyway to sort clubs by reputation in the editor?

I tried to do it but after I have all the competitions filled up with teams I go to search and there are many teams with higher reputation thant those selected before, thats annoying...

Arrrgh!!

I'm in crash dump hell!

I have a brand new restructured version ready to go - only I can't load the database up. I'm not sure where I've gone wrong either... :S

Any ideas on what I should look to rectify? What are the usual symptoms of a crash dump?

It's either one of a few things:

* The awards I've added

* The 80+ crap FIFA players I added

* Something to do with deleting the B teams after I transferred players across to the senior team.

The nation rules are all fine, and things look to be where they should be. Is there something glaringly obvious I've missed?

Arrrgh!!

I'm in crash dump hell!

I have a brand new restructured version ready to go - only I can't load the database up. I'm not sure where I've gone wrong either... :S

Any ideas on what I should look to rectify? What are the usual symptoms of a crash dump?

It's either one of a few things:

* The awards I've added

* The 80+ crap FIFA players I added

* Something to do with deleting the B teams after I transferred players across to the senior team.

The nation rules are all fine, and things look to be where they should be. Is there something glaringly obvious I've missed?

Can you send it to me?

Maybe I can help you, don't know if I can but we could give it a try... :)

I cant find what you have done wrong. Probably regarding B teams...

As far as I have tried, B teams (Spain) and II teams (Germany) dont need to be deleted, they only need to be taken from the competition where they are assigned to. And this is only needed to allow all teams (including those with B and II teams) having reserves. Theres no need to change all player contracts...

Hope you dont mind but i have edited this a bit, added another four divisions with another 130+ teams, changed the cups around as well for more prize money and more prestige, put all biggest rep clubs in order too. :)

Anybody want it message me, massive respect to the OP, its such an amazing database thank you so much!

Hope you dont mind but i have edited this a bit, added another four divisions with another 130+ teams, changed the cups around as well for more prize money and more prestige, put all biggest rep clubs in order too. :)

Anybody want it message me, massive respect to the OP, its such an amazing database thank you so much!

Send it to me. ;)

Send it to me. ;)

All credit to Ricardo :thup:

http://www.mediafire.com/?zm4mxjmk2mm

Not tested it yet, but it should be fine, just put two more divisions on, the Regional Premier and Championship, the Championship is split into 3 subs, each has 33 teams in but they only play once, the FIFA cup contains a group stage now, divisions Gold to 2 or 3 cant remember, winner gets 100 mill, the other cups have just been changed on the divisions side, one cups been removed as it was pointless with the new cup setup.

Added a lot of Brazillian teams, the rest of the English Premiership teams and a few Championship teams, as well as most of the Seria A and German, French and Spanish First tier.

;)

I'm going to give this one last try. This time, I'm merging the recent Japanese players and African Mega database before I start, so as to update teams. Credit will be due to the creators of those files.

I will not be touching the B teams until after I've finished! In fact, I think I may well create B and youth team divisions in their own right within the FIFA nation, but do it on a regional basis.

I think I may have discovered another issue..I have replaced Aston Villa, with Tottenham in the Bronze League B..

However when it comes to register players for the competition, I must have at least 8 players trained at Tottenham in order to progress. There is however only 4 players that I have trained.

Not sure if this is a case of me having replaced Villa with Tottenham, or purely Tottenham not having enough Homegrown players..

I think I may have discovered another issue..I have replaced Aston Villa, with Tottenham in the Bronze League B..

However when it comes to register players for the competition, I must have at least 8 players trained at Tottenham in order to progress. There is however only 4 players that I have trained.

Not sure if this is a case of me having replaced Villa with Tottenham, or purely Tottenham not having enough Homegrown players..

I think that only happens on the first season...

Simple trick to solve that, when it comes the day to register players go on holidays for one day. When you return from holidays you are ready to go. ;)

Oh... so it uses my re-worked league system?

Can you send me it? I'll need to have a look at it, to see you've done all of the things I did. For example, prize money, TV money, stadiums, refs etc.

If it's identical to the one I sent you, but missing a few things, I'll add them in and release it. You'll get credit for the help of course!

Good news: All I really need to do now is to sort out the nation rules and I'm good to go. I will test soon, as there may well be some changes with regards to B teams and reserves. If I remove B sides from their national competition, do they then play in the reserve leagues I set up within the FIFA nation?

Edit: And one other thing - there are many clubs lower down who do not have chairmen/managers etc. set. Instead of leaving it for a 'FIFA Chairman' to take the reigns, I was wondering whether anybody would like the honour of putting their name down to be a chairman of one of the 'owner-less' clubs?

Good news: All I really need to do now is to sort out the nation rules and I'm good to go. I will test soon, as there may well be some changes with regards to B teams and reserves. If I remove B sides from their national competition, do they then play in the reserve leagues I set up within the FIFA nation?

Edit: And one other thing - there are many clubs lower down who do not have chairmen/managers etc. set. Instead of leaving it for a 'FIFA Chairman' to take the reigns, I was wondering whether anybody would like the honour of putting their name down to be a chairman of one of the 'owner-less' clubs?

In my version only 4 teams don't have reserve team working. On the other hand about 100 teams don't have U-18 teams working. Don't know why this happens having on consideration that i unticked all teams for not having reserve and youngsters teams.

El Ricardo, how does it work the TV settings? I would like all matches to have TV and I'm getting very little every matchday...

Yes, it's pretty simple. Open up the editor data in the editor itself and locate the league Villa are in and select 'add' and search for Tottenham. Then just remove Villa from the league and manually put them back in the Premier League.

NoDevil: Look at your TV Settings in the league rules. Make sure you have TV match days for all the amount of matches your league has each week.

Some noob question here.

I just noticed this league database and wanna give it a try. I tried to understand how it works at 1st post but i just can't. Can anyone give me details explanation? Does BPL/ UCL/ FA Cup/ etc. etc. still exist in this DB?

Thanks in advance guys :D

Yes, it's pretty simple. Open up the editor data in the editor itself and locate the league Villa are in and select 'add' and search for Tottenham. Then just remove Villa from the league and manually put them back in the Premier League.

NoDevil: Look at your TV Settings in the league rules. Make sure you have TV match days for all the amount of matches your league has each week.

Already had solved the problem. Thanks anyway... ;)

Do all your selected teams for the FIFA leagues have reserve and youth teams?

I think there are other items to be changed in order to a club own those teams, not only untick the respectives boxes and taking reserve/youth teams original divisions off...

I just wanted to say to El Ricardo and all others here helping him - KUTGW

I have downloaded 1.1 and tried as LA Galaxy but had the same HG players issue as they have none. I wish i'd thought to just holiday past the registration message as I binned that game after spending a while prepping for the season. I'm really looking foward to the 1.2 update.

El Ricardo:

I was thinking that for pre qualifying for the Diamond Cup you could create a seperate cup (Diamond Qualifying) with only the first one or two rounds and take the teams from that competition to the group stages - not sure if it would only take the winners or draw from the original pool though but perhaps worth a try after 1.2

Version 2 won't have the homegrown players rule - rest assured! There will be a squad limit of 30 players in your first team - 8 of which will need to be U23. That's the best compromise I can come to. I'm very happy with the work on this new version; my restructure of the leagues has the competition much more exciting.

I'm aiming for a weekend release now. I need to do the awards - after that it's pretty much ready to go.

The Diamond Cup (now called the Diamond League in the next release) has been restructured anyway - and there won't be any international match clashes at all. There's no need for a qualifying tournament now.

Version 2 won't have the homegrown players rule - rest assured! There will be a squad limit of 30 players in your first team - 8 of which will need to be U23. That's the best compromise I can come to. I'm very happy with the work on this new version; my restructure of the leagues has the competition much more exciting.

I'm aiming for a weekend release now. I need to do the awards - after that it's pretty much ready to go.

The Diamond Cup (now called the Diamond League in the next release) has been restructured anyway - and there won't be any international match clashes at all. There's no need for a qualifying tournament now.

Problem is awards are always buggy!

Archived