El Ricardo's FIFA World Football League (v1.0)

El_Ricardo

• Replies 348
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Resorting the nation's competitions would take a very long time to do! I personally don't want to do that - though if somebody else feels brave enough... ;)

The U23 rule is there so as to emphasise youth development within clubs themselves. It's a personal fancy really. If the rule weren't there, I envisage a stage in time whereby it will be so easy to just splash out money on the best players, while ignoring the youth development. The lowest clubs within the structure start with a 10 youth setup - in time, with the money the leagues generate for the teams, thy will be able to build on these facilities and hopefully produce better players for their club and nation.

A Super Cup will be in the next release. FIFA Cup winners vs. Gold League winners.

Ok, maybe i'll pick up the other leagues. I'll gona base my update on the new version then.

I'm going to use the club with the most reputation on the lowest league f the country.

EDIT:

Last Nation Updated - Hong Kong (China PR)

I'll try to upload it tomorrow

Ok, maybe i'll pick up the other leagues. I'll gona base my update on the new version then.

I'm going to use the club with the most reputation on the lowest league f the country.

EDIT:

Last Nation Updated - Hong Kong (China PR)

I'll try to upload it tomorrow

Can you upload it to Filefront please? I'll put the new link on the OP when you upload it.

The Diamond Cup always clashes with the international matches for my game, does anyone face the same problem. I had to use the reserve and youth players that were not called up for international duties to play in the Diamond Cup.

Yup same here

El_Ricardo,

just to check with u, is there a reason why u set up a long winter break? (23 Dec 2009 - 7 Feb 2010).

my opinion is that the fixture to Dec is very congested and after that we have such a long break. Is it possible to spread the fixtures through Jan instead?

I notice the goal of the month only has the winner only (Normally there should be 1st, 2nd and 3rd)

Cheers

i am playing now and, i think that the 'you have to have 5 players trained by man utd in the team at all times' rule is abit pants

i wanna make some changes to my team yet if i do i will have to bring on a youth player who just isn't good enough

maybe you can review this rule thanks

GOOD JOB

but what about the reserves team and young team

some team have second team in level 2 0r 3 in their original country

can you editing competion for reserves and young?

i try but i failed

thanks

good idea with team from every corn of world;every body chances

Mate I dread to think how long it took you to produce this, but big thanks. Nice one!!

I went in to the Editor and tinkered with a few of the home grown and U23 restrictions, as in binned them. Easy to do.

how did you do this jibby as i think it is quite annoying?

Ricardo, been testing your super league and it's been great so far.

The only concerns I want to address is:

- The international schedule with the cup schedules, as mentioned before. Reducing the winter break should allow better schedules for cup matches. Or simply reduc

- Japanese teams are full of Computer Generated players (with regen faces), it would be nice to include the J-League Patch (I think some1 already did it), or just point out the right direction.

- I tell my scouts to scout the Bronze League, one for each league, but they both watch the same games (from the A and the B league), and both give the same player recommendation.

- This is sort of a suggestion, if you could include a mandatory relegation clause and release clause for all the players (like it happens in Spain with the release clause). It would simplify the transfer process. What I mean is, even if my stadium is always full and I get promoted to the Gold League my transfer budget will never be above 30M€ and by the looks of what my scouts say, most of the "Good players" and "Good signing for the Silver League" are always in the region of the 12,5M€ even if they only cost like 2,9M€. Both release and relegation clause should ease up and make the money flow.

This is an observation:

- I'm getting loads of loan offers for my younger players from lower division clubs (in the superleague) which is awesome for their development.

rbf: I'm not sure how I'd include mandatory clauses without having to go through every player individually. I'm not doing that! If there's a way to do it in just a few clicks however...

The winter break is on a par with Germany...The reason why I have January free is to alleviate matches taking place in Scandinavia and Russia at stupidly cold temperatures. If freezing temperatures don't effect the match engine in any way, then I may well consider reducing the winter break. The problem with the scheduling is primarily because there are eight group games. If there were to be an ability to include a pre-knockout tournament before the groups, then I would have done that. Unfortunately, I also cannot individually select the group dates like I can with the cup rounds. The other way to get around this would be to simply have every team playing the other once, like the old UEFA Cup group format.

I wasn't aware of the J-League patch... Does it have detailed player data?

Mate I dread to think how long it took you to produce this, but big thanks. Nice one!!

I went in to the Editor and tinkered with a few of the home grown and U23 restrictions, as in binned them. Easy to do.

Alright, I take it the match squad rules haven't been at all popular. For the next release, the U23 rule will revert to a simple squad rule. I'm determined to stick up for the youth, though! ;) Developing players is one of my favourite aspects of the game!

About J-League. Dunno for sure, as I haven't tried it before. For what it seems, SI doesn't have the rights to publish correct J-League players and clubs. You can create a J-League, but the players will still be generated, until someone releases a Japanese-DB. Forget the patch, what we really need is a Japanese DB file.

I never messed up with the editor, but I believe that, if in the Spanish league, every player needs to have a release clause, it can also be edited. Because you changed the nationality of the clubs all spanish clubs release clauses disappeared, which means it's a nation rule and not related to player contracts - ergo, there must be a button somewhere in the Spanish League :D

Anyway, I find the 8 Homegrown Player in the Match Squad to be very restrictive, and I'm playing with Sporting CP who has alot of HGs in the squad. Can you alter it to "XX HG in 50 squad" for example? And... trained in the country or trained in the club?

EDIT: My mistake, when I edited your previous HG rule, I put 8 HG in match squad... that's why I'm finding it very restrictive! I'm gonna correct it.

I'm doing fine with Sporting CP, although the odds and the Newspaper predictions seems not to be synched. vs. River, River got the better odds pre-game, and then in the analysis, said that it was a certain victory for me.

Eight home grown players isn't a match squad rule, it's an overall rule for when you register your players for the season. There's an unlimited amount of players you can have in your squad overall. Eight really isn't that high a number, when your squad could have 30+ players in it.

I'll have a noodle with the editor and see what I can get away with in relation to contracts.

rbf: I'm not sure how I'd include mandatory clauses without having to go through every player individually. I'm not doing that! If there's a way to do it in just a few clicks however...

The winter break is on a par with Germany...The reason why I have January free is to alleviate matches taking place in Scandinavia and Russia at stupidly cold temperatures. If freezing temperatures don't effect the match engine in any way, then I may well consider reducing the winter break. The problem with the scheduling is primarily because there are eight group games. If there were to be an ability to include a pre-knockout tournament before the groups, then I would have done that. Unfortunately, I also cannot individually select the group dates like I can with the cup rounds. The other way to get around this would be to simply have every team playing the other once, like the old UEFA Cup group format.

I wasn't aware of the J-League patch... Does it have detailed player data?

Because you changed the J-League it may be not possible to merge the 2 updates.

OK guys, I've done more tweaks. I want to make sure these are ok.

The winter break has been shortened by a couple of weeks, and the Diamond Cup starts a week earlier and ends a week later. Hopefully this sorts of the international clashes. HG player rule for whole squad has been reduced to four. U23 players for whole squad is at five.

The winter break has been shortened by a couple of weeks, and the Diamond Cup starts a week earlier and ends a week later. Hopefully this sorts of the international clashes. HG player rule for whole squad has been reduced to four. U23 players for whole squad is at five.

So where can we download these tweaks?

Is this one available Ric?

No, not just yet. I'm sorting out the bugs within the awards system too. There's a lot to do for v1.2.

Ok cheers.

I've downloaded both 1.0 and 1.1 but haven't played either yet because everytime I download them, I read this thread and the planned updates look better, and I want the newer version as it sounds so good! :thup: I'll just keep checking the thread! cheers

how did you do this jibby as i think it is quite annoying?

Once you have downloaded El Ricardo's world edit and put it in your game, open the FM Editor up as normal..."Load Database" under file on the editor, then once it's loaded up, go back up under "File" and dropdown click "Load Editor Data"...then select the world league of El Ricardo's (that you should have d/l in to your editor files).

Once that database is live in the Editor you can edit it. Go to "Fixture Rules" for each of the competition El Ricardo has created and you have the "Min number of U23 in squad/match", and amend as you wish.

I've amended one of the Saudi Arabian teams in the lower global leagues to be my local team, and it's working a treat so far.

Can anyone recommend a team in the bronze league or one tier lower that has good resources and a good squad? I'm a novice at FM10 and fancy taking a team up to the top. But need a fairly easy game.

I was thinking fiorentina or A Villa, but not sure they are good enough. What about Lazio or Sporting? Benfica?

thanks

Can anyone recommend a team in the bronze league or one tier lower that has good resources and a good squad? I'm a novice at FM10 and fancy taking a team up to the top. But need a fairly easy game.

I was thinking fiorentina or A Villa, but not sure they are good enough. What about Lazio or Sporting? Benfica?

thanks

By memory (without checking) I am sure Fiorentina (sp?) have a reputation of 8000+ in the original database, though not sure about their financial resources and don't know if El Ricardo amended the rep for this d/l.

That puts them, in rep terms, in the upper echelons of European teams, so might be a good one to start on and I am doubting you will find a 'bigger' club in the Bronze Leagues able to attract better players than others in that league. Be aware though; the higher the rep, generally the higher the expectations of the fans and chairman!!

Failing that you can open the editor with El Ricardo's database loaded up and sort the teams in each league by reputation and available funds for transfers and wages and make your decisions based on that??

The Brazilian team Santos are in Challenge League 1... They're the standout team of that level.

...and yes, Fiorentina do indeed have a very high repuatation. I didn't sort these leagues on that alone, however. ;) Fiorentina have always done well on my tests.

Ok cheers.

I've downloaded both 1.0 and 1.1 but haven't played either yet because everytime I download them, I read this thread and the planned updates look better, and I want the newer version as it sounds so good! :thup: I'll just keep checking the thread! cheers

Yes, hopefully v1.2 will be a much more stable version than the others. I haven't even had this out a week yet and already I'm releasing two updates!

Thanks for those replies. I'm wary of editing the database because I'd like to do ti ona level playing field with everyone else on the same players etc.

and plus I havent got a clue to use the editor.

Those 2 above are looking like the tastiest option. Fiorentina and Santos. I've never managed a Brazilian team so that may be a winner. thanks

Another planned update is to 'recreate' the players unexpetedly edited out of the German/Ukrainian/Czech B teams. It seems by disaffiliating those sides from the senior team made the players go with them! It shouldn't take me too long... So long as file merging works ok.

I think you shouldn't change the registration rules too much. Rather only explain how to change them if someone really wants to. I feel that if you are too leinent with the home grown and trained at club rule you will get that teams from small country only have foreigners in their squad. That would ruin it in my opinion

Thanks for those replies. I'm wary of editing the database because I'd like to do ti ona level playing field with everyone else on the same players etc.

and plus I havent got a clue to use the editor.

Those 2 above are looking like the tastiest option. Fiorentina and Santos. I've never managed a Brazilian team so that may be a winner. thanks

Yeah Santos would be a good one imho.

I didn't mean edit any of the players or teams though, just by looking in the editor you can see at a glance all of the teams in each division listed with their related reputations and funds listed with them.

El Ricardo - I would recommend not rushing to get updates out, it's best to keep doing your tweaking and releasing a final version.

I'm currently on version 1.19 on mine, and still plenty to do before final release.

People will get impatient, but they will find it's worth the wait in the end.

El Ricardo - I would recommend not rushing to get updates out, it's best to keep doing your tweaking and releasing a final version.

I'm currently on version 1.19 on mine, and still plenty to do before final release.

People will get impatient, but they will find it's worth the wait in the end.

On the other hand the bugs is easier to clear out with people playing it..

Archived