Postal Strike (UK) - Will we get our game??

what mine one says so far;

Order status log

24/10/2009 Your credit/ debit card has been authorised and your order is now being released for packing.

Funds will not be debited until your order is shipped.

23/10/2009 Your order is waiting for authorisation and release for packing.

19/10/2009 Your order is currently held as a Preorder

from game.co.uk

but i choose to picked my copy from my local game store (pre-order Borderlands PC as well) just in case the strike went/goes ahead.

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Slightly off topic but meh.

For all those complaing about having to pay an extra 8-13 pounds for the game if you buy it from a shop, thank yourselves lucky you dont live over here in Australia. Every year i have to pay 90-100 dollars (AUS) for FM which generally equates to around 50 quid. This year it will be even worse with the stupid pound around 55 pence for every Aus dollar, so around 60 odd quid for my FM this year.

Count yourselves lucky and pay the 10 odd quid.

lol at the post above :D

another reply from zavvi

Thanks for contacting us at zavvi.

Please do not reply to us at this e-mail address as we will not receive your message. This is an automated response.

For your records, your original query was:

thank you for your reply but it sounds like i might get it on time or i might not, will you be planning on using any other form of delivery other than royal mail to ensure that you can get the orders that your customers have made to them?

thank you :)

One of our customer services advisors has reviewed your query and we are able to confirm the following:

Here at Zavvi.com we are committed to getting products to you as quickly as possible. Over the period of the Royal Mail strike we will be sending items out early where possible, to ensure you receive your orders as soon as possible.

We are dedicated to providing you with the best prices possible and while we are conscious that the Royal Mail strike may affect postal services in some areas, sending items out by courier would impact on the prices we can offer you. We thank you for your patience during this period.

We are dedicated to providing you with the best prices possible and while we are conscious that the Royal Mail strike may affect postal services in some areas, sending items out by courier would impact on the prices we can offer you. We thank you for your patience during this period.

Sounds like they'll be sticking with Royal Mail, then.

lol at the post above :D

another reply from zavvi

Thanks for contacting us at zavvi.

Please do not reply to us at this e-mail address as we will not receive your message. This is an automated response.

For your records, your original query was:

thank you for your reply but it sounds like i might get it on time or i might not, will you be planning on using any other form of delivery other than royal mail to ensure that you can get the orders that your customers have made to them?

thank you :)

One of our customer services advisors has reviewed your query and we are able to confirm the following:

Here at Zavvi.com we are committed to getting products to you as quickly as possible. Over the period of the Royal Mail strike we will be sending items out early where possible, to ensure you receive your orders as soon as possible.

It sounds like their customer service advisors are career politicians. I decided to pre-order with Game and i've been pretty pleased with what they have said. Here's the email I got today;

I am delighted to let you know that your Preorder for Football Manager 2010 is now being processed subject to successful payment being taken from your credit card when it is dispatched. The order will be despatched by your chosen delivery method in time to reach you for the day of release.

By using the GAME 1st To Play Preorder Service you have ensured that you will be among the first people to receive Football Manager 2010, and we are confident that you will be happy with the order, our service and our speedy delivery!

It sounds like their customer service advisors are career politicians. I decided to pre-order with Game and i've been pretty pleased with what they have said. Here's the email I got today;

Quote:

I am delighted to let you know that your Preorder for Football Manager 2010 is now being processed subject to successful payment being taken from your credit card when it is dispatched. The order will be despatched by your chosen delivery method in time to reach you for the day of release.

By using the GAME 1st To Play Preorder Service you have ensured that you will be among the first people to receive Football Manager 2010, and we are confident that you will be happy with the order, our service and our speedy delivery!

I noticed that they also have the game available to buy via download for the same price as in store and online. I wonder how fast they are to use for downloads?

For now I will stick will Zavvi but most likely will cancel by Wednesday if it hasn't been posted by then and buy instore at HMV on Friday.

well Zavvi are currently getting my order ready for posting, so im hoping it gets sent out today so it can arrive before the strikes hit again.

I do find it sad people are willing to pay upto 12 quid more or go thru the trouble of sending a game back after buying it in store despite a pre order coming from the internet rather than possibly waiting a couple of days extra for the game. Get a life fella's :p

well Zavvi are currently getting my order ready for posting, so im hoping it gets sent out today so it can arrive before the strikes hit again.

I do find it sad people are willing to pay upto 12 quid more or go thru the trouble of sending a game back after buying it in store despite a pre order coming from the internet rather than possibly waiting a couple of days extra for the game. Get a life fella's :p

what exactly does your order say? mine is still stuck on awaiting stock pick like it has been ever since i placed the order.

doesnt mean they cant do it this year and they will more than likely do it next year (if they survive) imo if they keep doing it they are digging thier own graves if it becomes a yearly tradition.

Since post is such an essential public service I think the government should think about bringing into force a law like the one that applies to police so that the are not allowed to strike. Probably a bit of an over reaction on my part because I wont get fm on release day from zavvi but I still think it would be a good idea for people that depend on the post for other reasons for example getting their benifits through the post.

Archived