FM10 Official Olympique Lyonnais Thread - Allez L'OL

Lisandro Lopez

You should have accepted. That way when you get the French job you could call him up.

Just couldn't see him rot in their reserves.

That be the newgen. What you all think?

Good for a 16 year old. :thup:

Just a quick one, have any of you guys tried out Payet from St. Etienne?

He looks like a pretty solid winger, so I'm thinking of buying him for one of my other saves.

Also, do you have any other suggestions for Left Wingers (AML)?

Thanks

Payet is decent, but it depends what team you are? Have you looked at Traoré? Malonga? Marveaux? Djamel Bakar? Aït-Fana? Ryad Boudebouz? Yohan Mollo? Sorry, I've named French players, er? :D

hopey wat tactic r u using?

My own.

Great OP by Hopey btw. One of the best guides going around.

As well as Di Maria (4.1m) and Vukcevic (6m) I've brought in:

Sergiy Kryvtsov 2.5m

David Beckham 500k (Great Tutor)

Eduardo Salvio 3m

Nicolas Otamendi 2.8m

Ronaldo 2.5m (Great Tutor)

Alphonse Areola 250k

Marouane Fellaini 27m

Would love to get a more experience AMR in as I'm quite keen to ship off Govou (Only Arsenal are bidding for him and he's rejecting them). Tempted to get rid of Pjanic as he doesn't really fit into my system.

Thanks, good In's. Keep Pjanić, he can play AMR as-well. ;)

Just started a league with Lyon and so far bought Gignac for 6m looking for a defender aswel

any tips on good French youngsters no most of the main ones like Sakho Saivet Feghouli ?

If you want I'll give you a French based shortlist, it's only missing Ecuele Manga due to me forgetting him, it's not get everyone but it covers most French players who are good-very good.

The sods won't offer past 35mil man united are interested aswell now time to start a bidding war. Bloody hell man city are tight for billionaires only offered 4 million upfront in a deal worth 25 mil.(told them to do one). Not one bid over 35mil there all tighter than a ducks arse.

EDIT:My damn computer just crashed booted it back up only to find (yep you guesed it) my Lyon save corrupt Having to start over.

:(

• Replies 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not to worry though havent got an unhappy cisso any more. Having just as good a start as last time. Gignac hadn't scored in 3 games then he goes and scores against his old club in a 2-0 win. Di maria is amazing 10 games 6 goals 6 assts 2mom and an Av R of 7.70.

Cani is doing fairly well on the other wing 9 games 2 goals 5 assts 2mom and an Av R of 7.36 and I've also managed to sell Govou this time :D

RM? Ridiculous. :D

Ha ha, i have a couple of "should win games" coming up might let gignac start them to hopefully score a few and boost his confidence.

EDIT:I officaly love di maria scored a lovely little freekick to set me on to a 3-0 win against AC milan

Coming into the end of October have opened up a 4pt lead at the top (7-2-0 f19/a5). Undefeated so far, but the 2 games I haven't won were 1-1 home draws against poor teams, which is somewhat concerning. On both times I led 1-0 at HT and used the encourage teamtalk. I think that using encourage is just asking for trouble. Have yet to really play any tough games, bar PSG who I beat 3-0 away. They are in the relegation zone at present though so not sure it counts as being all that tough. Grenoble are 0-0-9 in my game so I certainly hope I don't lose to them (I have them coming up in November too).

Absolutely amazed by Lopez so far. He's missed a few too many 1 on 1s lately which he wasn't at the start (I public praised him and he's dropped off a bit since, could be a correlation there). Has 16 goals in 14 games, including two hat-tricks and an average rating of 7.67.

The man I intend to build my team around, Fellaini, has been strong but still well short of his potential. Still in the process of re-training him to a natural AMC and is yet to learn the PPMs I need of him. Still, he has 8 goals and 9 assists from 13 games with an average of 7.55. It's strong by most standards, but I feel its below what I'd expect of him in my formation.

Loving Lloris too. Seems like the perfect keeper and with him being so young is just a bonus. He's played all 14 games so far, with 8 clean sheets and 6 conceded.

On a potentially worrying note, my fullbacks are rating higher than my wingers and have just as many assists. Also, nobody in my team, other than Lopez and Fellaini, have scored more than 1 goal. Gomis hasn't even played a game for me yet, such has been Lopez's brilliance!

I haven't touched PPMs for either player. Lopez's shoots with power seems to be the source of all his goals in my game. Have considered asking him to take first time shots but haven't seen too many highlights where I thought it would have benefited.

As for Gomis, I can't even remember clicking on his profile, let alone doing anything with him. He'll probably be on his way out next transfer window.

Speaking of which, has anyone had any success with Bastos? I had too many Non EU players so he was the one that missed out. Considering selling him because of this. It's slightly annoying as Sissoko just got a ban and the game after it starts is against OM. Looks like it will be Kolodziecak's debut game. Not too ideal.

Just made it to November to see that the board has given me an extra 6.5m in transfer spending, bringing my budget up to 6.5m :) Any suggestions? I am thinking of going for Diego Renan because I like the idea of having an attacking fullback who can play both sides on the bench. He's Non EU though so he'd probably just sit out the way that Michel Bastos does now (you would think with a name like Michel you'd have a french passport!). I've already arranged for Koke to come in the next window and he'll be my long term project for when Toulalan retires. Anyone got any suggestions? Aside from someone who can play both RB/LB I don't really think I need anyone that will come...

Currently just starting 1st season with Lyon palying a 4-2-2-2 formation with AMR/AML

Players In:

Gignac 7.5m - 2.5m upfront rest payed over 36 month

Nicolas Otamendi 4.5m

Van Nistelrooy 1.5m

Players Out:

Delgado 2m

also looking to bring in some good French youth

Currently just starting 1st season with Lyon palying a 4-2-2-2 formation with AMR/AML

Players In:

Nicolas Otamendi 4.5m

Van Nistelrooy 1.5m

Players Out:

Delgado 2m

Some good signings there. If you find out the best role for Gignac please let me know i've got him but cant get him performing for the life of me. :(

hey guys in my second season now and was wondering if anyone had any experience with yohan mollo got a 3.5mill bid accepted which seems a bargain?

Never had him, can't help.

Just topped my Champions league group 3 points ahead of Ac milan.Hopefuly barca didnt finish second. I'm praying for a nice easy first ko round. Got what i wanted sporting lisbon.

:thup:

Yeah, youth was my thinking too. Considering making a move for this regen. He's french too boot. What do you guys think?

http://img34.imageshack.us/img34/9103/lartigue.png

Just signed him. 7.5m over 42 months (I want all my long term deals to finish at the same time). Expensive but he seems to fit the mould of what I am after as Lopez's replacement. Plus, I'm already listed under his favoured personnel. It was either him or Babacar and I don't like Africans (not racists, just hate the African Cup of Nations :D). Not too sure how the younger strikers I already have will turn out. Does anyone know how good they become? (Tafer and Belfodil).

Hopefully Lopez will stay around for a while yet though. Heading into the November International period and he has 22 goals already! Everyone is tired as hell though, particularly Fellaini, who has been doing a heavy training schedule, new position training (+10%) and PPM training (+20%). And to think I make the poor guy play 90mins in every game :eek:

I just drew 3-3 with Grenoble. Absolutely ridiculous. I had a player sent off too (Milito). To make matters worse, all 3 of their goals came from at least 30 yards out. 2 from corners where Lloris made an error, the second of which came well after the alloted injury time was up.

But the worst part of it was that they dictated the game. They dominated possession and were getting good free kick chances even though I had toned down my pressing and tackle aggression. This from a team who have won one game all season. I don't mind drawing, but the way that this result has just manifested itself is just stupid. My team, undefeated all season, is uncapable of dictating the pace and tempo of the game against the worst Ligue 1 team? Fail to take their chances against them, sure. Concede goals on the counter, sure. But to be dominated, even though I was constantly tweaking to change what was happening? It's just taken a lot of the enjoyment out of this game :(

I just drew 3-3 with Grenoble. Absolutely ridiculous. I had a player sent off too (Milito). To make matters worse, all 3 of their goals came from at least 30 yards out. 2 from corners where Lloris made an error, the second of which came well after the alloted injury time was up.

But the worst part of it was that they dictated the game. They dominated possession and were getting good free kick chances even though I had toned down my pressing and tackle aggression. This from a team who have won one game all season. I don't mind drawing, but the way that this result has just manifested itself is just stupid. My team, undefeated all season, is uncapable of dictating the pace and tempo of the game against the worst Ligue 1 team? Fail to take their chances against them, sure. Concede goals on the counter, sure. But to be dominated, even though I was constantly tweaking to change what was happening? It's just taken a lot of the enjoyment out of this game :(

I'm getting a bit annoyed about the number of goals from long shots, particularly the opposition.

It's totally unrealistic. I've had games where we've had 15 long shots (with good players who have a decent long shot attribute) and not scored, and the opposition have had one long shot and scored (with a player with a poor long shot attribute) :mad:

I'm getting a bit annoyed about the number of goals from long shots, particularly the opposition.

It's totally unrealistic. I've had games where we've had 15 long shots (with good players who have a decent long shot attribute) and not scored, and the opposition have had one long shot and scored (with a player with a poor long shot attribute) :mad:

Tell me about it, Even from players like toulalan who id expect to be getting at least 1 or 2 goals like that seems to be completely wasting chances by constantly firing from long range and never scoring.

Same with free kicks, Havent seen a highlight of any free kick from my team all season yet.

Most annoying thing is played chelsea in group stages of CL and lost 1-0 both times despite playing well and controling the game up until 90 minutes both times, where ballack scores a scorcher from miles out at stamford bridge and lampard scores a free kick in the 3rd minute of added time at home.

Lopez hasnt scored a single goal all season in just over 1000 minutes, Gomis' form has started to decline and Govou seems to be the only player that is scoring goals in my team.

Dropped down to 4th in the table at mid december (Definately too many leagues loaded)

and if i keep drawing games despite being the better team i may well get the sack :thdn:

Sorry to hear about your corrupt save Batty, I always do a 3 rolling save just incase.

Welcome Ari gold mate and good luck with your save :thup:

Cheers Gilly. Hope things turn around for you.

Actually got a couple of questions about France in general. Is it possible for a reserve team to be promoted to National? If so, how far are they able to be promoted? Similarly, what would happen if my Reserve team got relegated? CFA is the lowest league available.

About to face Arsenal @ Emirates in the final CL group stage match. Have already qualified so there's no real pressure, but have a horrible feeling this could be my first loss as manager.

EDIT: Won 3-1. Can definitely attribute one goal to a PPM which is nice.

Meh, drawing to many games in the league. :( Thankfully I have Lloris.

Maybe need a new tactic. Interested in the one that Spike is using.

Same here, Just drew again at lille away from home.

Was looking good until they equalized from a free kick. Thinking about going 4-2-2-2 for a bit see if gomis and lopez can score when i play them together.

Not sure about the french reserves Ari, Am a newcomer to the french leagues.

Just lost my first game at home to Bordeuax, thanks to a 30 yard screamer from Alou Diarra very late in the game. Gourcuff maybe, but Alou effing Diarra? The extremely unrealistic nature of long shots is killing this game.

How is Aly Cissokho rated in the game this year? Last year he was quite average but i can imagine him having quite a boost this time around.

Is he good enough to cut it at a top 4 EPL team?

His stats aren't all that impressive (at least to start with) but his performances have been good.

Looking for a decent winger to provide back up/competition for Cani any suggestions?

EDIT: Just signed Gourcuff and he's scored on his debut, Great the vultures are circling di maria both Madrids are interested. I think he's trying to impress them because he had gone 10 + games without scoring then goes and gets a brace after real and atletico declared their interest.

Is there a PPM I should be learning Lopez? And for that matter Gomis?

Tell Bafé to stop trying to break the offside trap, I also got Lisandro (stop calling him López :mad:) to stop shooting with power, but you don't have this in a PPM for him as I removed it in the database, remember so ignore that last comment!

Speaking of which, has anyone had any success with Bastos? I had too many Non EU players so he was the one that missed out. Considering selling him because of this. It's slightly annoying as Sissoko just got a ban and the game after it starts is against OM. Looks like it will be Kolodziecak's debut game. Not too ideal.

Bastos takes a while to adjust, but he's decent-good. He's abit under-rated in FM10 though, admittedly.

Players In:

Nicolas Otamendi 4.5m

Van Nistelrooy 1.5m

Players Out:

Delgado 2m

Too many French youth to name to be fair, none the less welcome and good luck ELITE.

Actually got a couple of questions about France in general. Is it possible for a reserve team to be promoted to National? If so, how far are they able to be promoted? Similarly, what would happen if my Reserve team got relegated? CFA is the lowest league available.

No team can be promoted from CFA to national, especially not any reserve teams. Ligue 2 is the lowest league in FM10 at the moment.

How is Aly Cissokho rated in the game this year? Last year he was quite average but i can imagine him having quite a boost this time around.

Is he good enough to cut it at a top 4 EPL team?

He can, but he starts off under-rated, likely he's well rated physically.

Looking for a decent winger to provide back up/competition for Cani any suggestions?

EDIT: Just signed Gourcuff and he's scored on his debut, Great the vultures are circling di maria both Madrids are interested. I think he's trying to impress them because he had gone 10 + games without scoring then goes and gets a brace after real and atletico declared their interest.

Which Cani is this?

---

Edited the OP, at the very bottom I have added the link to the French based shortlist, it might be useful to some.

Just thought i'd see if i could get the whole of ribery for £40million not a chance. Buonanotte joining in june. Atletico came in with a bid of 5.25million for di maria not much more than i paid so i said 5.25mil plus aguero and got told to do one.

EDIT: Pjanic is still unhappy after i rejected a 7.25 mil bid from barca for him :(

Not good one bit just been hammered 3-1 at home by RC Lens my solitary goal was an o.g from their keeper :mad:

Yeah for £11Million I don't even think that gets you one of Ribéry's legs, so good luck with that. :D

I doubt it'd buy one of his feet tbh :D

Any of you lads a season or two in? If so, does Pjanic develop as he did on 09? Really a toss up between him and Gourcuff as to who I want to sign for my Man Utd side.

Well tbh Pjanic and the sexy bearded one are the only ones (together with Cris and Bodmer) that are top for me. I do use rotation but Pjanic six games, four goals and two assists. SB has five in five. What more can I want from them! I NEED more from the rest ffs. :(

I am 11 points clear of second-placed PSG at the end of November, mainly because I've conceded only 6 goals in 14 matches (and scored 29).

My transfers in have been (mostly over 48 months, heh):

Mexes £26m

Arda Turan £15m

Bocchetti £15m

Rafinha £11m

Welliton £10m

Obasi £10m

and transfers out:

Govou £5m

Michel Bastos £3.3m

Tafer £2.9m

Gassama £2.3m

Anderson £1.8m

Granier £1m.

Playing a 4-3-3 standard:

Sweeper Keeper: Lloris

Cover: Cris

Stopper: Mexes

FBR: Reveillere

FBL: Bocchetti

Ball-winning MC: Makoun

B2B MC: Toulalan

AMR Winger: Obasi

AML Inside Forward: Arda

AMC Trequartista: Ederson

FC Complete Forward: Welliton

Best player so far has easily been Welliton who has 12 in 12. I am properly impressed with him - great relevant physical and technical stats and his low composure hasn't been in evidence at all.

LL has been injured and not showed the form he did in the demo. When he or Gomis (who has done well) play then I drop Welliton back to the Trequartista position.

The other players averaging above 7.2 are Ederson, Mexes, Bocchetti and Arda. And the only person under 7 is Kallstrom. He has good stats, but was also rubbish in the demo so I think I'll sell. He just doesn't really *do* anything. Comparing him to Ederson, you notice that Kallstrom is much better except in flair, off the ball, technique and acceleration, but I guess these are all key stats for the positions they play.

I just got £16.5m (!!) extra transfer funds and I can't decide who to spend them on.

The candidates for recruitment are an AMC or AML to replace Kallstrom and rotate with Arda, and a DC to be Cris's long-term replacement. A lesser priority would be a DMC as Makoun's motivation is pretty suspect in lots of matches and he's hardly setting the world alight.

At DC I am monitoring Felipe, Radoi and Hummels as being good players who want to come and are affordable. The player I really want here is Zapata to make up for my other DCs' lack of pace, but I'm not sure I can afford him.

In a more attacking role I like the look of Hamsik, who I signed in the demo and was good. I'd love Modric, Gourcoff or Jovetic but I can't afford them and I don't think Ozil or Mata are interested.

Any feedback on the above or other suggestions?

Only in my first season but recently Tafer has been keeping gomis,gignac,Lisandro and Pongolle out of the team! And i've just drawn man united in the semis of the champions league tafer will start.

EDIT:just lost 3-2 at Old trafford 2 away goals both scored by that man tafer and i had Reveillere sent off on 18 mins at 0-0

The League is almost out of my reach i'm third played 36 on 73 points OM are first played 37 on 79 points.

Archived