FM10 Official Olympique Lyonnais Thread - Allez L'OL

Lisandro Lopez

• Replies 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm getting all jealous reading about how you are all doing in your full saves with Lyon, whereas I'm still just on't demo :(

Anyway, I see in the squad analysis on page one that it is recommended that another leftback be signed to be back-up for Aly Cissokho.......................I instead would recommend retraining Anthony Reveillere to be a LB. He is of course first choice RB, but has a rating of "competent" at LB, and while Cissokho has been injured has has played really played well for me. (Clerc has of ciurse been put at RB duing this time)

------------------------------------------------

Could I just ask HoPeY, how has Miralem Pjanic been amended in your update?

I can’t believe it but I’m already half way through the first season, so I thought I’d give a quick update.

I went into pre-season with the intention to buy French, and I managed to succeed. The only problem is the French players I wanted don’t come cheap, so I spent quite a bit (all over 48 months). I have also just added Gourcuff to the squad as I needed a bit more quality on the wings. Pjanic and Bastos are doing ok but not weighing in with enough goals.

OlympiqueLyonnais-2-6.png

Hopefully if the clubs take up the option on my loan players (Boumsong, Mensah & Piquionne) then that will generate around £15m to offset some of the spend. I also decided to mutually terminate Govou’s contract. I wasn’t using him and couldn’t sell him, so with his £82k a week contract expiring in 6 months it was considerably cheaper to do it this way (saved around £1.5m in wages).

Things are going well in Ligue 1 after a shaky start (only 3 goals in the first 6 games), and I’ve also qualified for the Champions League knockout stages. Unfortunately as we finished second behind Arsenal that meant we would get a group winner, and who did we draw…..Barcelona :(.

Ligue1.png

The squad are coming together. Mexes, Toulalan, Van der Vaart & Lopez have all been outstanding.

OlympiqueLyonnais-7.png

Hopefully we can continue this form until the end of the season.

Only using one striker & Lopez has been awesome. Gomis will get his chance as the season goes on.

I did spend a lot, but I don't intend to spend anymore for a few seasons (other than maybe a quality DR). Got a good young squad now, with plenty of French players.

Eventually got my copy of the game in the UK post and started a game as Toulouse in preparation for my online Ligue 1 game. As a Hearts fan the first thing I did was to scout Andrew Driver (AML) and Lee Wallce (FBL) and was pleasantly surprised.

Driver is an England U21 international who is better than Mansare my current left winger and can be bought for £1.5m - bargain as my scouts say he will be a top Ligue 1 player.

Wallace is now a Scotland international but Hearts want £3m for him which would blow my Toulouse budget so I need to sell first. My scouts rate him higher than M'Bengue who is also injured at the moment.

If you are looking for a left back for Lyon I would scout Wallace and I would also scout Rangers CB Bougherra who looks a quality CB and can be had for around £4m

Need some help please.

Liverpool made a £6.75m bid for Kallstrom, which I have negotiated to £13m (£2.5m up front & £10.5m over 30 months). Should I sell?

I'm thinking yes in view of the amount I've spent, as this will go some way to help balance the books.

I've got Bastos & Ederson to play AML. The other place I would use him is in a 3 man midfield but I've got Toulalan, VDV, Makoun, Moussa Sissoko & Pjanic (although I use Bodmer mainly as a DC he can also cover CM).

Could I just ask HoPeY, how has Miralem Pjanic been amended in your update?

I corrected Pjanić's birth place, that was all. You can see this post for the factual information I have corrected/youth players added.

Only Lisandro and Cissokho have had CA/PA alterations, only slightly which I have mentioned further up. :thup:

I can’t believe it but I’m already half way through the first season, so I thought I’d give a quick update.

I went into pre-season with the intention to buy French, and I managed to succeed. The only problem is the French players I wanted don’t come cheap, so I spent quite a bit (all over 48 months). I have also just added Gourcuff to the squad as I needed a bit more quality on the wings. Pjanic and Bastos are doing ok but not weighing in with enough goals.

Hopefully if the clubs take up the option on my loan players (Boumsong, Mensah & Piquionne) then that will generate around £15m to offset some of the spend. I also decided to mutually terminate Govou’s contract. I wasn’t using him and couldn’t sell him, so with his £82k a week contract expiring in 6 months it was considerably cheaper to do it this way (saved around £1.5m in wages).

Things are going well in Ligue 1 after a shaky start (only 3 goals in the first 6 games), and I’ve also qualified for the Champions League knockout stages. Unfortunately as we finished second behind Arsenal that meant we would get a group winner, and who did we draw…..Barcelona.

The squad are coming together. Mexes, Toulalan, Van der Vaart & Lopez have all been outstanding.

Hopefully we can continue this form until the end of the season.

When did you manage to get Gourcuff? Find that strange Bordeaux would sell him at this stage. Releasing Govou on a free, haha. :D Anyway, keep up the good work!

Need some help please.

Liverpool made a £6.75m bid for Kallstrom, which I have negotiated to £13m (£2.5m up front & £10.5m over 30 months). Should I sell?

I'm thinking yes in view of the amount I've spent, as this will go some way to help balance the books.

I've got Bastos & Ederson to play AML. The other place I would use him is in a 3 man midfield but I've got Toulalan, VDV, Makoun, Moussa Sissoko & Pjanic (although I use Bodmer mainly as a DC he can also cover CM).

Not quite enough for me with regards to Källström. If you can sneak out an extra £2Million than that would be more acceptable. I guess it depends how often you use him? If he's not playing then maybe you should cash in now.

Thanks for the advice Hopey & Purefun, but I will probably sell him (more to balance the books than anything).

Can't remember how I came to sign Gourcuff? I think I was looking for French players that were realistic targets and he appeared on the list, so I scouted him and was pleased to find out he would come. I tried to get him at the start of the season but couldn't. A nice quick £4m profit was probably the reason Bordeaux were prepared to let him go.

Game got delivered yesterday, installed and patched up.

Lyon here I come. :cool:

Stop it, you're making me jealous. :(

--------------------------

On the demo still, and although Bafetimbi Gomis hasn't played much, (just 4 starts 2 sub apps), he has bagged 5 goals. It's a real shame that the formation I have found most successful only has room for one striker.

Like I've said in other posts, I'm off on holiday on Saturday morning, so no point buying it now for just a tiny bit of use. Will be getting it once I come back though. :thup:

Ok mate, have a good one :thup:

And then my brilliant rein as OL manager will begin. :D

Starting to get a bit depressed playing on the demo. I'm going along really well, (minus 2 defeat to Manchester United in the Champs League), but I know it can't last as will be patching up once I get the full game and will have to start a new save. :(

Decided to sell Kallstrom for £13m to offset some of my rather large transfer spend.

I have brought in Adrien from Sporting for £3m as a replacement. Despite playing for Portugal he was actually born in France :cool:

I have also just been offered Pato for £18.25m, and despite being a very tempting offer I declined :(

Finally, welcome ChewyFun and enjoy your Lyon save :thup:

Evening all.

Finally got around to playing FM10 and decided to restart my love affair with Lyon, those of you who remember my updates in the last 2 additions will be aware of my success with OL, so hoping to do the same again.

Only managed to play the first month so far, and despite not scoring enough, things are going well. Qualified for the group stages of the Champions League knocking out Stuttgart in the qualifier. In Ligue 1 I am joint top, winning all 4 opening games 1-0. Which is in fact the same scoreline of my Champions League games.

Only 2 signings so far, those being Canales for £1.3m and the loan signing of Otamendi, and Anderson has left on loan, being the only player to leave the club.

I will update further once I have had a decent play.

Can I just say the quality of the OP alone has inspired me to start Lyon save.

Thanks HoPeY

Your welcome? Anyway good luck and enjoy ChewyFun.

Decided to sell Kallstrom for £13m to offset some of my rather large transfer spend.

I have brought in Adrien from Sporting for £3m as a replacement. Despite playing for Portugal he was actually born in France

I have also just been offered Pato for £18.25m, and despite being a very tempting offer I declined

Ah yes Adrien, I got him on FM09 and FM08 for my all French side, lovely little bonus him having France as his birth place. :D

Evening all.

Finally got around to playing FM10 and decided to restart my love affair with Lyon, those of you who remember my updates in the last 2 additions will be aware of my success with OL, so hoping to do the same again.

Only managed to play the first month so far, and despite not scoring enough, things are going well. Qualified for the group stages of the Champions League knocking out Stuttgart in the qualifier. In Ligue 1 I am joint top, winning all 4 opening games 1-0. Which is in fact the same scoreline of my Champions League games.

Only 2 signings so far, those being Canales for £1.3m and the loan signing of Otamendi, and Anderson has left on loan, being the only player to leave the club.

I will update further once I have had a decent play.

Welcome and good luck AJ (Manager). :thup: Good to see you again.

I can’t believe that I’ve already finished my first season in charge (having the week off work has helped). So it’s time for my first end of season report.

Transfers

I spent a bit more here than I planned to :o, but the reason for this is that the top French players (and youngsters for that matter) don’t come cheap. The main priority was a world class centre-back, and there was only one French player that fitted the bill, Philippe Mexes. I was surprised to get him for £17m considering how much he cost on FM09. The other French contingent brought in were all youngsters (Moussa Sissoko, Sofiane Feghouli & Yoann Gourcuff). The other priority was a left-back and my main French target here was Gael Clichy, and although he was prepared to come Arsenal wanted far too much. Therefore the Italian Salvatore Bocchetti was signed, and what a good signing he has proved to be.

Transfers

Ligue 1

The Ligue 1 title was wrapped up relatively early having gone 20 games unbeaten at the start of the season. This meant a run out for most of my back up players towards the end of the season, which is where most of the defeats came. Even in the games that we drew or lost we completely dominated, but just didn’t score enough goals overall.

Ligue 1 Table

Champions League

We qualified second in our group behind Arsenal, before getting the draw nobody wanted in the first KO round, the holders Barcelona. Despite putting up a brave fight over the two legs we went down 4-1 on aggregate.

Domestic Cups

The back-up players were used in both competitions and just weren’t good enough. We lost 1-0 to Monaco in the 11th round of the French Cup, and went out on penalties to Toulouse in the quarter final of the Coupe de la Ligue. It’s interesting to note that at no stage did we draw lower league opposition in either competition (it’s a fix)!

Lyon award winners

We featured very heavily in the end of season awards, and rightly so:

Players Player of the Season – Jeremy Toulalan

Star of the Competition – Rafael Van der Vaart

Most Promising Player – Yoann Gourcuff

Star Goalkeeper of the Competition – Hugo Lloris

Star Team of the Competition – Lloris, Reveillere, Bocchetti, Mexes, Toulalan, Van der Vaart, Bastos (Sub), Lopez (Sub)

Manager of the Season – Me

Ligue 1 XI of the Season – Reveillere, Bocchetti, Mexes, Toulalan, Lopez

Other details

Squad stats

Hopefully we can do a bit better in the Cup competitions next season.

Thanks for reading :thup:

I don't believe it :mad:

Sunderland took up the £7m option on Mensah & Portsmouth took up the £3.9m option on Piqiuonne, but they both rejected the contracts. Piqiuonne then had the nerve to say he was sad to leave Portsmouth.

I hope you're right as I need to offload them to balance the books.

Just been given £32.5m budget (£900k wages) for second season.

Will most of that be going towards last seasons signings? Congrats on your first season though.

Ive just started my lyon save and got past the friendlies, Lopez is injured for 4 weeks but other than that everything seems to be looking good.

Have all day to play tomorrow so hopefully will get a fair bit done and an update will follow :)

Thanks Purefun :thup:

Despite having a £32.5m transfer budget for my second season I didn’t see the need to spend big again, and have only brought in two new faces:

Goalkeeper: Joe hart (£2.6m from Manchester City) – I had already decided last season that I wanted a younger back-up for Hugo Lloris sooner rather than later. It wasn’t a huge priority though and I decided to stick with Vercoutre for the first season at least. However after he missed virtually the entire first season with three separate injuries I decided it was time. The reason I chose Hart is because he was transfer listed and therefore came cheap, but is very solid and happy to play second fiddle to Lloris. I also looked at the French option of Remy Riou but he was too expensive for a back-up.

Striker: Marouane Chamakh (£12m from Bordeaux) – As I’m only playing with one striker I only really need two in the squad. Lopez was absolutely awesome in his first season, but unfortunately when he got his chances Bafetimbi Gomis was nothing short of awful. In the event that Lopez goes down with a long term injury I don’t have faith that he can fill in, and to be honest he was my worst player in the first season. I therefore needed a second powerful striker to rotate with Lopez, and set my sights on Andre-Pierre Gignac, who in turn set his sights on Liverpool :(. My second choice was Artem Milevskyi who immediately chose Aston Villa ahead of my mighty Lyon :confused:. This left me with the third choice of Chamakh who despite offers from Inter and Manchester City chose Lyon, probably because they are one of his favoured teams and I was on his favoured personnel list.

This left me with a number of players to offload, and unfortunately that hasn’t quite gone to plan:

Vercoutre – On loan at Manchester City (£375k fee with an agreed price of £2.1m)

Mensah – Catania (£5m)

Piquionne – On loan at Toulouse (no fee with an agreed price of £3.8m)

Gomis – On loan at OM (£1.1m fee with an agreed price of £6.5m)

Boumsong – Unable to offload (his contract expires in 12 months so may use him as back-up and send Otamendi out on loan for a season)

This leaves the squad looking as follows:

GK – Lloris / Hart

DR – Reveillere / Clerc

DC – Mexes (capt) / Boumsong / Otamendi

DC – Cris (vice capt) / Bodmer / Otamendi

DL – Bocchetti / Cissokho

MC – Toulalan / Pjanic

MC – Makoun / Sissoko

MC – Van der Vaart / Adrien

AMR – Gourcuff / Feghouli

AML – Bastos / Ederson

ST – Lopez / Chamakh

I can’t believe that I’ve already finished my first season in charge (having the week off work has helped). So it’s time for my first end of season report.

Transfers

I spent a bit more here than I planned to :o, but the reason for this is that the top French players (and youngsters for that matter) don’t come cheap. The main priority was a world class centre-back, and there was only one French player that fitted the bill, Philippe Mexes. I was surprised to get him for £17m considering how much he cost on FM09. The other French contingent brought in were all youngsters (Moussa Sissoko, Sofiane Feghouli & Yoann Gourcuff). The other priority was a left-back and my main French target here was Gael Clichy, and although he was prepared to come Arsenal wanted far too much. Therefore the Italian Salvatore Bocchetti was signed, and what a good signing he has proved to be.

Transfers

Ligue 1

The Ligue 1 title was wrapped up relatively early having gone 20 games unbeaten at the start of the season. This meant a run out for most of my back up players towards the end of the season, which is where most of the defeats came. Even in the games that we drew or lost we completely dominated, but just didn’t score enough goals overall.

Ligue 1 Table

Champions League

We qualified second in our group behind Arsenal, before getting the draw nobody wanted in the first KO round, the holders Barcelona. Despite putting up a brave fight over the two legs we went down 4-1 on aggregate.

Domestic Cups

The back-up players were used in both competitions and just weren’t good enough. We lost 1-0 to Monaco in the 11th round of the French Cup, and went out on penalties to Toulouse in the quarter final of the Coupe de la Ligue. It’s interesting to note that at no stage did we draw lower league opposition in either competition (it’s a fix)!

Lyon award winners

We featured very heavily in the end of season awards, and rightly so:

Players Player of the Season – Jeremy Toulalan

Star of the Competition – Rafael Van der Vaart

Most Promising Player – Yoann Gourcuff

Star Goalkeeper of the Competition – Hugo Lloris

Star Team of the Competition – Lloris, Reveillere, Bocchetti, Mexes, Toulalan, Van der Vaart, Bastos (Sub), Lopez (Sub)

Manager of the Season – Me

Ligue 1 XI of the Season – Reveillere, Bocchetti, Mexes, Toulalan, Lopez

Other details

Squad stats

Hopefully we can do a bit better in the Cup competitions next season.

Thanks for reading

Congratulations with the season Spike, no shame in going out to Barça. Keep up the good work. :thup:

I hope you're right as I need to offload them to balance the books.

Just been given £32.5m budget (£900k wages) for second season.

£32.5M? :eek:

Will most of that be going towards last seasons signings? Congrats on your first season though.

Ive just started my lyon save and got past the friendlies, Lopez is injured for 4 weeks but other than that everything seems to be looking good.

Have all day to play tomorrow so hopefully will get a fair bit done and an update will follow

Welcome and good luck Gilly777.

Despite having a £32.5m transfer budget for my second season I didn’t see the need to spend big again, and have only brought in two new faces:

Goalkeeper: Joe hart (£2.6m from Manchester City) – I had already decided last season that I wanted a younger back-up for Hugo Lloris sooner rather than later. It wasn’t a huge priority though and I decided to stick with Vercoutre for the first season at least. However after he missed virtually the entire first season with three separate injuries I decided it was time. The reason I chose Hart is because he was transfer listed and therefore came cheap, but is very solid and happy to play second fiddle to Lloris. I also looked at the French option of Remy Riou but he was too expensive for a back-up.

Striker: Marouane Chamakh (£12m from Bordeaux) – As I’m only playing with one striker I only really need two in the squad. Lopez was absolutely awesome in his first season, but unfortunately when he got his chances Bafetimbi Gomis was nothing short of awful. In the event that Lopez goes down with a long term injury I don’t have faith that he can fill in, and to be honest he was my worst player in the first season. I therefore needed a second powerful striker to rotate with Lopez, and set my sights on Andre-Pierre Gignac, who in turn set his sights on Liverpool. My second choice was Artem Milevskyi who immediately chose Aston Villa ahead of my mighty Lyon. This left me with the third choice of Chamakh who despite offers from Inter and Manchester City chose Lyon, probably because they are one of his favoured teams and I was on his favoured personnel list.

This left me with a number of players to offload, and unfortunately that hasn’t quite gone to plan:

Vercoutre – On loan at Manchester City (£375k fee with an agreed price of £2.1m)

Mensah – Catania (£5m)

Piquionne – On loan at Toulouse (no fee with an agreed price of £3.8m)

Gomis – On loan at OM (£1.1m fee with an agreed price of £6.5m)

Boumsong – Unable to offload (his contract expires in 12 months so may use him as back-up and send Otamendi out on loan for a season)

This leaves the squad looking as follows:

GK – Lloris / Hart

DR – Reveillere / Clerc

DC – Mexes (capt) / Boumsong / Otamendi

DC – Cris (vice capt) / Bodmer / Otamendi

DL – Bocchetti / Cissokho

MC – Toulalan / Pjanic

MC – Makoun / Sissoko

MC – Van der Vaart / Adrien

AMR – Gourcuff / Feghouli

AML – Bastos / Ederson

ST – Lopez / Chamakh

Marouane. :cool: x99

Cheers Hopey :thup:

I was really happy with the signing of Chamakh, even though he was my third choice.

Just beat OM 2-1 in the Champions Trophy. Was shocked to see Pato playing up front for them (they paid £18.25m :eek:).

Bloody Boumsong just snubbed a contract from Monaco :mad:

Archived