FM10 Official Olympique Lyonnais Thread - Allez L'OL

Lisandro Lopez

• Replies 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah I think everyone doing the French thing kept Pjanic tbh. Such a player.

I returned to my Lyon save yesterday to work on my tactic, my god it's easy! The first six games of testing out the new tactic got me two 4-0s, two 5-0s, one 6-0 and one 8-0. Think I'm gonna need a tougher challenge to test it with haha.

Gomis will only be third choice when Briand returns to fitness, plus it would give Tafer and Belfodli more game time. Any suggestions on where to strenghten?

Defence mate. Spend everything there and maybe another atticking midfielder.

When you's are building up all-French squads do you's include players who have French as a second nationally or players who become French citizens over time such as Pjanic?

Yep on second nat. and Pjanic is a no selll.

Here's a round-up of my first season, and transfers for the start of Season 2, to come. (hoping these screenies work)

http://i980.photobucket.com/albums/ae281/Keith_Kohlman/Ligue1.png

That's quite disappointing, quite possibly the worst 1st season I've seen posted here. I felt that my major weakness was in defense. (everything else was poor too though) So my reaction was to just about beggar the club, and spend big. I don't know if 'Automatic' Past experience affects how the AI deals/reacts to you, but I just cannot successfully negotiate anything to do with Transfers. Cannot bargain down for purchases, or get decent money for sales. So this looks quite drastic really. BTW, all the big-money deals IN are by monthly installments.

http://i980.photobucket.com/albums/ae281/Keith_Kohlman/OlympiqueLyonnais.png (Transfers)

As I posted earlier, it was a season of 'not quite'. Champions League Semi Finals, and Runner-up in both of the Domestic Cups.

I'm still fiddling with tactics, trying to find something that works for more than one game, am hopeful that I'm getting closer.

Pied is as good as Quaresma, bad couple of deals there. Also selling Mehamha :thdn: he was a quality player for me for six seasons.

And yeah you're right it seems like you could have got a lot more for your sold players - Bodmer, Gomis, Konko, Piquionne particularly. Purchases seem good though, Moussa, Gourcuff and Bocchetti are all quality.

If Pjanic is disappointing you're either not playing him right or looking at him from the wrongangle. Never his fault, always the managers' :p

Honestly though I never really liked him in an advanced position, that was Gourcuff's job, Pjanic played much better deep in midfield for me.

No its his fault definitely :p thinking of changing to a aysmetric kinda 4-2-3-1 / 4-4-2 diamond with the front 6 looking like this:

..............Toulalan

......Sissoko.........Pjanic

..............Gourcuff.............Grenier/Kallstorm

..............Lopez

Gourcuff was a slow starter, but his last 8 or so games have been sensational.

As for Pied and Mehamha leaving, and Quaresma coming in, I needed (or felt I did) an instant impact, and I guess I kinda panicked. Oh well, what's done is done. Results have turned for me, and we're playing really well, even though I just just just can't beat OM. Bastards.

Current formation:

FC FC

AML AMC AMR

DMC

DL DC DC DR

Karim Ait Fana and Mario Balotelli have been banging them in, as has Gourcuff, with two Hat-tricks and a brace so far.

Starting a new game again after my long Man Utd save. Going to play using a 4-5-1. I am using a DB update so I definitely need to bring in a CB or two. Thinking of Rami or can you guys recommend someone else? Maybe a young prospect?

Also, I think a need an AMR, any recommendations?

Where else do you think I should strengthen?

I have sold Delgado, Hartcock and Anderson.

My budget is 15M GBP

Played 7 seasons (currently midway in my 8th season) so far on my Lyon game, and still having great fun with this team. The fact that it is the longest save game I`ve had since FM 06 says alot I think. :)

In these 7 seasons I`ve won:

Ligue 1................................7 times

The Cup..............................3 times

The League Cup...................4 times

Champions Trophy................6 times

Champions League................5 times

European Super Cup.............4 times

Club World Championship.......5 times

As I usually sell players when they turn 30 (except GK`s and DC`s) I`ve got to start renewing the squad in the next couple of seasons.

Really looking forward to the future of "The new Lyon"! :D

EDIT: By the way.. I`m currently on a 154 match unbeaten run in the league!! :D

Played 7 seasons (currently midway in my 8th season) so far on my Lyon game, and still having great fun with this team. The fact that it is the longest save game I`ve had since FM 06 says alot I think.

In these 7 seasons I`ve won:

Ligue 1................................7 times

The Cup..............................3 times

The League Cup...................4 times

Champions Trophy................6 times

Champions League................5 times

European Super Cup.............4 times

Club World Championship.......5 times

As I usually sell players when they turn 30 (except GK`s and DC`s) I`ve got to start renewing the squad in the next couple of seasons.

Really looking forward to the future of "The new Lyon"!

EDIT: By the way.. I`m currently on a 154 match unbeaten run in the league!!

Just started my 9th season. Last season brought in trophies in all competitions i took part in!

Also currently on 184 league games without a defeat!

Anyway.. As I said I have started renewing my team.

Sold:

Lamine Gassama to Real Madrid (£13.25 mill.)

Nicolas Otamiendi to Man City (£27 mill)

Eden Hazard to AC Milan (£27 mill)

Aly Cissokho to Palermo (£18.75 mill)

Bought:

Gael Kakuta from Chelsea (£15 mill) (Replaced Hazard. Developed better AND he is french!)

Also bought a couple of regens.

Gustavo Gimenez from Cruzeiro (£11.75 mill)

725981.jpeg

Moncef Abbes from Spartak Moscow (£6 mill)

725982.jpeg

I also promoted these two from my youth team.

Martin Toledo (Came from my own youth academy)

725984.jpeg

Patrice Guillet (Picked him up from Marseilles youth team at the age of 15)

725985.jpeg

Next season I`m probably giong to sell Alexis Sanchez,Dejan Lovren (already found his replacement) and Moussa Sissokho.

Cheers!

• 7 years later...

Some one has  training schedules for any positions , plz . i playing CM 0304 and i have problem with strikers and AMC , the striker alway missed when they one on one with goalkeeper and AMD shoot to much and less thrill ball also they have many space in front of them .

Here this my training schedules :

Striker 

monday : shoot , cross country , techique .

tuesday : shoot , overload attacking , weight training .

wednesday : shoot , techique , rest .

Thursday : shoot , training match , techique .

Friday : shoot , agility , agility .

Satuday : panelties sprince , rest .

SUnday : rest , rest , rest .

Some have advice for this , thank

Archived