FM10 Official Olympique Lyonnais Thread - Allez L'OL

Lisandro Lopez

Good to see Yatabare starting to make an impact for you joe.

Yeah he's brilliant. I got him to learn to run with the ball through the centre, and he just sprints past players like they're not there. It's given me a dilemma of who to drop when Pjanic comes back though - Moussa, Toulalan and Sambou are all playing really well.

And Joe marvellous goal but no proof so your lying of course. :p

I know. If I only I could rein in my outlandish behavior :(

Any ideas for centre backs? Had to sell Hangeland as he was disrupting things wanting to leave and Burdisso wants to go to "a bigger club" and contract runs out at the end of the season so might have to make sure I get money for him if I can get someone in. I've got £35m to spend as well. I'm training Lovren but don't feel he is ready yet.

David Luiz and Adil Rami are two of the best imo. Look at Sakho and Mexes as well, but they'll be expensive.

• Replies 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
David Luiz and Adil Rami are two of the best imo. Look at Sakho and Mexes as well, but they'll be expensive.

Cheers mate. Rami went to Bayern, Sakho chose Marseille over me and Mexes aint interested. Not tried David Luiz but will have a look at him tonight. Thought me winning the Super Cup would help attract players but I'm struggling to attract the big names.

Yeah he's brilliant. I got him to learn to run with the ball through the centre, and he just sprints past players like they're not there. It's given me a dilemma of who to drop when Pjanic comes back though - Moussa, Toulalan and Sambou are all playing really well.

No brainer imo - has to be Toulalan.

Lloris

Gassama Toulalan Agnaou Cissokho

Gonalons Pjanic Grenier/Mehamha

Lisandro

Belfodil Yannis

Serious flaw; Agnaou? What a cheat! Doesn't matter that you picked this up yourself, nobody has highlighted [again] it so I feel I must!

Don't listen to the dissenters suggy, I made no impression on the CL for the first three seasons - got knocked out before the QF each time. Changed things around abit by playing virtually a French U23 side (ok I did this after the 2nd season but you get the point) after getting rid of a number of players, Lisandro, Toulalan & Cissokho included, then won the CL two years in succession

Your still on my black list mr!

I like Suggy. Only because he made Hopey explode though.

Trolling. :(

Drop Sambou.

Convert. :cool:

\o/ won the CDLL 2-0 vs Bordeaux, Ishak and Mehdi Abeid (outperforming Pjanic right now, but Pjanic is going nowhere) the goalscorers, Mehdi scores the most fantastic goals.

I realllly want to break my transfer duct, Ryan Babel is available for £1.4m, while Schweinsteiger is available for £900k :(

I'm buying French players only, so will not be buying them. Add Gokhan Tore and Sercan Yildirim as well, for a combined £1.7m. :(

Nimani done well since his big money move to L'OL, my record signing over the last 3 seasons. I may though, look to change formation in the summer, bring in Gourcuff, while ditching both my right wingers, as both have been less affective this year, making my formation look something like this.

lyonformaion.jpg

Meanwhile, here's the impressive looking Mehdi Abeid. His missing attributes are Technique - 20, Work Rate - 15

abeid.jpg

League Champions \o/

A 2-0 win over L'OM, with 3 games remaining sealed the title, with Nimani and Mehdi with the goals.

My first Ligue 1 title, and a domestic double, my best season so far.

Also, St Etienne have been relegated, and Matuidi was transfer listed by request for £5.5m, so have bid that, which will signal the departure of Toulalan. There aren't any other players at Les Verts that I'm overly interested in, maybe Yoann Andreu or Loic Perrin, both RB's who I don't beleive are as good as my 2 current RB's, Gassama and Aurier (who has 1 French Cap at the age of 19), so Blaise is the only player I'll steal from them.

Actually, considering my potential new formation, I may need a back up AMC, and Frederic Bulot is also listed by St Etienne, so I may bid for him. Damn it I wish Kevin Mirallas would take up French nationality.

Busy transfer window so far. I've spent a fair bit of cash, but pretty much made it all back. I bought in 3 French regens, for a combined £7.3m, followed by Blaise Matuidi for £5.5m. Then as soon as the clock struck July 1st, it was business time. Yoann Gourcuff came in for £22.5m, followed by Sambou Yatabare for £16m, a total of £45.8m. Another big impact on the squad is the return of Lacazette from his loan spell.

This was recouped with the big money sales of Jeremy Toulalan for £14m, Lisandro for £10m, Yoann Gouffran for £11m, APG for £5m, Nolan Roux for £5m, Michel Bastos for £2.5m, Cheick Doukoure for £2.5m and 40% of next sale and Yven Moyo for £1m and 35% of next sale. a total of £50.5m.

Been destroying teams in pre-season, and am expecting some hefty sell-on clauses from Pied and Seguin pretty soon (roughly £2m each).

This now means I have a complete first teams squad of French nationals. Actually, I don't have a single player in any of the teams (First, Reserve or Youth) that isn't French, how awesome is that? :cool: Now I just need the France job, please?

Hit quite a large problem in Summer 2012, with 10 of my first team squad called into the France U23 squad for Olympic duty.

Belfodil, Mollo, Monnet-Paquet, Amine, Situ, Abeid, Mandanda, Digne, Tabanou and Aurier.

Hit quite a large problem in Summer 2012, with 10 of my first team squad called into the France U23 squad for Olympic duty.

Belfodil, Mollo, Monnet-Paquet, Amine, Situ, Abeid, Mandanda, Digne, Tabanou and Aurier.

Ouch!! You got decent backup?

Serious flaw; Agnaou? What a cheat! Doesn't matter that you picked this up yourself, nobody has highlighted [again] it so I feel I must!

Fine! If you're gonna be like that then drop Gonalons in at centre back instead. So not cheating though, he's Lyon through and through, born in Saint-Priest, 10km southeast of Lyon you know ;)

Convert. :cool:

I always liked him, shush :p

Busy transfer window so far. I've spent a fair bit of cash, but pretty much made it all back. I bought in 3 French regens, for a combined £7.3m, followed by Blaise Matuidi for £5.5m. Then as soon as the clock struck July 1st, it was business time. Yoann Gourcuff came in for £22.5m, followed by Sambou Yatabare for £16m, a total of £45.8m. Another big impact on the squad is the return of Lacazette from his loan spell.
This was recouped with the big money sales of Jeremy Toulalan for £14m, Lisandro for £10m, Yoann Gouffran for £11m, APG for £5m, Nolan Roux for £5m, Michel Bastos for £2.5m, Cheick Doukoure for £2.5m and 40% of next sale and Yven Moyo for £1m and 35% of next sale. a total of £50.5m.

Toulalan and Lisandro :( Also sold APG and Bastos for well under their true value.

Sigh.

I cannot believe this. PSG have just been relegated and I have had a 700K offer accepted for Chantome and a 2.2M offer accepted for Sakho! \o/

That's brilliant! I had to fork out £24m for Sakho and if I wanted Chantome it would cost £10m +.

Any chance of Sessegnon as well?

Ooh, some decent players could be available on free's at the end of this season, Ben Arfa, Diame, Soukouna, Sinama and Gnabayou. Decent compared to some of the French players who have been available on frees so far.

So I've finally completed my first season, it's been the most enjoyable I've ever had.

Lisandro was injured for more than half of the season so it really is amazing how well the team did in his absence.

seasonreview2.th.jpg

seasonreview1.th.jpg

seasonreview3.th.jpg

seasonreview4.th.jpg

I've agreed deals to sign Chantome - 700K, Sakho - 2.2M, Sessegnon - 5M due to PSG being relegated and Ruffier - 4M.

I hope to sell Govou, Cris, Boumsong, Mensah, Piquionne, Anderson and Vercoutre.

Any comments or suggestions?

My PC broke a month or so ago and my new one arrived yesterday. But I have decided a new PC calls for a fresh Lyon save as I didn't have the old one backed up on USB stick or anything.

So can anyone recomend a quick left footed right winger (prefrebaly French)

Mollo is right footed.

Wahbi Khazri is a left footed AMR, Tunisian but with French nationality, while Karim Ait Fana fits your description perfectly, as does Yann Jouffre. They're the only natural ones I can think of, otherwise, you've got Boudebouz, but he's a natural AML.

I cannot believe this. PSG have just been relegated and I have had a 700K offer accepted for Chantome and a 2.2M offer accepted for Sakho! \o/

I hate you. :(:D

So I've finally completed my first season, it's been the most enjoyable I've ever had.

Lisandro was injured for more than half of the season so it really is amazing how well the team did in his absence.

I've agreed deals to sign Chantome - 700K, Sakho - 2.2M, Sessegnon - 5M due to PSG being relegated and Ruffier - 4M.

I hope to sell Govou, Cris, Boumsong, Mensah, Piquionne, Anderson and Vercoutre.

Any comments or suggestions?

Congrats with your season. :thup:

And yet you didn't think of him Purefun? :D

Where is everyone in their saves at the moment? I lose track :)

Well I only just got my internet back at home (we moved), so I'll be starting up my Lyon save again tonight. Somewhere in first season after x-mas break. Remember it well seeing that I lost Buonotte with that stupid injury and had to bring in Giovinco on loan as cover.

Just reached the end of Septermber so thought I'd give a small update.

09 Summer Transfers

INS

Mario Balotelli - Inter - Ln Fee £4.4M

Moussa Sissoko - Toulouse - £15M

J.A. Fanchone - Strasbourg - £3M

OUTS

Sidney Govou - Real Madrid - £9.5M

Nicolas Seguin - Toulouse - £1.2M

Thomas Fontaine - Spurs - £1M

Results

(A) Le Mans D 1-1 [bastos]

(H) Valenciennes W 1-0 [Kallstrom]

(A) Celtic W 2-1 [Lisandro, Balotelli]

(A) Auxerre D 0-0

(H) Celtic W 3-0 [Pjanic 2, Toulalan]

(H) Nancy Lorraine W 3-0 [Kallstrom, Sissoko, Lisandro]

(H) Lorient W 2-0 [sissoko, Bodmer]

(H) Arsenal W 2-1 [Kallstrom, Balotelli]

(A) PSG W 7-1 [Grenier, Boumsong, Balotelli, Pjanic 2, Lisandro 2]

(H) Toulouse W 4-0 [sissoko, Lisandro 2, Grenier]

(A) Slavia Prague W 4-0 [Kallstrom, Sissoko, Lacazette, Grenier]

KEY

Ligue 1

Champions League

As you can see we've done fairly well, gotta love the result at PSG :cool: I was missing Balotelli and Lisandro for the Prague game through injury so Lazzy started and got a goal.

Hey gones!

Looks like I'm going back to business after a long break. I restarted a 10.3 save and I decided to go for a narrow formation. As it is like my fifth save with Lyon, I wanted a challenge and I'll play with an edited database (Ricardo World League). I'm just at the end of october and there are my transfers, team and tactic:

transfertsol.png

tacticsol.png

We can also play 4-3-3 and 4-3-2-1. And Ishak Belfodil may be included to the first team when there is a lot of injuries.

And my current position in the league:

fifaworldgoldleague6.png

Sure it's not bad with that kind of opponents, but I think we could do much better if we can be more constant and start a winning streak. I'm currently trying to do so by tweaking the tactics. We have also at least one key player injured at anytime (currently Pjanic and Lisandro). Neymar and Hamsik just coming back from injury.

I'll make another report when mid-season 'll be reached!

PS: I'm glad this topic is still very active :)

Hey gones!

<snip>

I might start a save with such a database sometime :) How good is it? Does it have the reserve league and U-18s? Which country is it based on? And what about the Champions League qualification?

Yeah, a very good CB wouldn't be bad, but I haven't enough money left. It'll be for next season I guess. Anyway, as Boum and Cris contracts will end at the end of this season, I'll have to buy 2 CBs. Maybe I'll be lucky and I could find a good CB which contract ends soon.

Yeah, it is good. If you load all the leagues and add top division players from Europe and South America, you'll have a good database. It also haves the reserves and the young teams (U19 I think), yeah. Concerning the CL, there is not. Well, not really. You have the league, a cup (like French Cup, with all clubs of the database) and something who looks like CL. The groups are drawn among the first divisions of the db (the three first divisions I think). If you want further information, this is the topic ;)

As you'll see, this edited db was made for the original database and not the 10.3. As I just wanted to do a few seasons with Lyon, that wouldn't bother me if there is an early crash dump or something like that. I've played too much with my favourite club this year :)

But if you intend to do a long-term save, there is others db like this one. You can look there

No prob. BTW, do you know good CBs usually transfer listed or which contrct ends in June 2010? I know there is a lot of very good (or very promising) midfielders and attackers in the case (Gattuso I think, Riquelme, Joe Cole, Kakuta, etc) but I can't remember any defenders. Can you?

Archived