FM10 Official Olympique Lyonnais Thread - Allez L'OL

Lisandro Lopez

• Replies 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I would've thought the fact that he's **** would bring his downfall :D

HAHAHAHA!

I've actually physically just burst out laughing. Scared the bairn haha but thanks for that, highlight of my day so far. (Yes I have a sad life)

He actually looks like a pretty decent manager if you ask me, are non-playing attributes random for people that start out as players? And do they have anything to do with their playing careers? I see Pavel Srnicek can't coach goalkeepers for toffee :S

Oh yes, some players (usually players further on in their career) have preferences as to their role set, I know that for sure. I just thought that maybe some players are guaranteed to be be a good coach once they retire as players. I want a heap of ex-team players as my coaches once they retire, such as Nicky Butt, Alan Smith, etc. who make good tutors. I thought that may have had some effect on their non-playing attributes, but I'll just have to wait and see.

Patrick Vieira often becomes France manager after the the 2012 Euro Championship from what I've seen. His stats are usually quite good too.

Its worth pointing out that managers, coaches, scouts, etc have PA/CA just like the players so a coach who looks average just after he's packed in his playing career can often improve quite a bit as he gets older.

Silvestre looks like a good coach there tbh. Getting appointed as France manager at 34 is a nonsense of course but he almost certainly has a very high PA - otherwise I'm at a loss to understand why the AI would appoint him to that job.

Patrick Vieira often becomes France manager after the the 2012 Euro Championship from what I've seen. His stats are usually quite good too.

Its worth pointing out that managers, coaches, scouts, etc have PA/CA just like the players so a coach who looks average just after he's packed in his playing career can often improve quite a bit as he gets older.

Silvestre looks like a good coach there tbh. Getting appointed as France manager at 34 is a nonsense of course but he almost certainly has a very high PA - otherwise I'm at a loss to understand why the AI would appoint him to that job.

Yeah, I understand, I was just wanting to know if this non-playing CA/PA is random or predefined. If Viera's stats are consistently decent then I'm guessing it's the latter.

And I've noticed that they have a PA like players as Pablo Longoria (scout at Newcastle) starts off looking rather unimpressive but can become a fantastic scout, I'm guessing he has a very decent PA but not the best of starting CAs.

I would say Kana-Biyik Suggy, not too much in it though. Also I'm only basing that on how they've developed in my game - might be different in yours.

Shiraz I found the same with Bodmer, and I think it was at the end of the third season I sold. He's a great backup to have though, so I wouldn't rush to sell him. I guess it depends how much you could get for him.

Hey Guys,

Would you recommend keeping Bodmer or selling him?

He just does not light up the world at either DC or MC for me so far. Will he improve?

Bodmer versatility is the real plus, I use him in midfield as a box to box man, well in theory it is anyway. He's useful as a backup at CB as-well though. :thup:

I think I'll bring in both Koscielny and Kana-Biyik, while letting Lovren go, for a healthy price and sell on clause. I am also looking at Frederic Nimani, as he is on terrific form for Caen, and a tall goalscorer next to Ishak should do nicely, but I'm not 100% on that yet.

Another move I may make soon, is to bring in Yann M'Vila or Blaise Matuidi, and sell Toulalan. Or bring in both players, while selling Toulalan and Gonalons, but I think I'd prefer to keep Maxime.

Areola is looking quite promising as well, and as PSG have not offered him a new contract, I may be able to pick him up on a free at the end of the season.

:D I'm sure he won't mind.

I just spotted that Luc Castaignos has French as a second nationality, making him a very realistic future target for me. Just approaching January 2012, and it is very close at the top, I'm 3rd on 36, Sochaux have 37 and L'OM (who just beat me 1-0) have 39.

I started a game as Lyon recently and it's proving quite difficult so far. I'm finding the French league a tough one to master, having never managed there before! My job is currently insecure as I am sitting 7th in the league after roughly 13 games, a lot of points behind the current leaders Le Mans (somewhat surprisingly). However, I am doing well in the champions league, winning all my four games so far, including beating Chelsea home and away.

I do however have a £20m transfer budget for January (thanks board!) and I am in desperate need of a central defender as I have used about 6 different players there & no-one seems to be consistent! Hoping the board stick with me until the January transfer window!

As a general rule you should play your first 15 league games a bit more conservatively than usual, the game seems to apply some sort of malus to your team since you would have just joined them, and would presumably have some new players, and be playing a new system.

With Lloris in goal, you should not be shipping too many, Bodmer and Cris in DC with Toulalan in DMC should be more than enough to have you winning plenty of games 1-0. Try play a 4-5-1 with your Bosnian AMC uberkid supporting Lisandro or Gomis. Make sure you put a DMC in front of your 2 DCs though, it really helps in you first few months. Once your squad gels, consider letting them play a bit more freely.

Ratsivoson scores 2 on his debut in a 4-1 win over fellow Ligue 1 side Sedan in the French Cup, new CB pairing of Koscielny and Kana-Biyik did well, and were only beaten by a late 35 yard screamer.

As a general rule you should play your first 15 league games a bit more conservatively than usual, the game seems to apply some sort of malus to your team since you would have just joined them, and would presumably have some new players, and be playing a new system.

With Lloris in goal, you should not be shipping too many, Bodmer and Cris in DC with Toulalan in DMC should be more than enough to have you winning plenty of games 1-0. Try play a 4-5-1 with your Bosnian AMC uberkid supporting Lisandro or Gomis. Make sure you put a DMC in front of your 2 DCs though, it really helps in you first few months. Once your squad gels, consider letting them play a bit more freely.

Hi, yea I do play a DMC, usually Toulalan, sometimes Makoun, and on the rare occasion, Alfred Ndiaye for some experience. I don't concede too many goals, average of 1 per game so far in the league. Yea, I was playing with a lot of creative freedom to begin with, which was probably a mistake. I have now started to play a more rigid game, and it seems to be working at the moment.

Oh, and thanks Purefun!

I started a game as Lyon recently and it's proving quite difficult so far. I'm finding the French league a tough one to master, having never managed there before! My job is currently insecure as I am sitting 7th in the league after roughly 13 games, a lot of points behind the current leaders Le Mans (somewhat surprisingly). However, I am doing well in the champions league, winning all my four games so far, including beating Chelsea home and away.

I do however have a £20m transfer budget for January (thanks board!) and I am in desperate need of a central defender as I have used about 6 different players there & no-one seems to be consistent! Hoping the board stick with me until the January transfer window!

Welcome and good luck mark b.

Sold Lovren for £10m + 30% of next sale. Only 1 foreigner left now, the unimpressive Lisandro, and he is subjest of a £13m bid from Lille, which I have accepted, I have then progressed into negotiations for Nimani, with £17m enough to be accepted.

Cissokho was subject to interest from Chelsea and Inter, and I was wondering whether to sell, with Digne progressing nicely as back up, I could bring in M'Bengue or Dabo, though Dabo will cost double M'Bengue.

People were also showing interest in Gouffran, and him along with Monnet-Paquet have been solid, but I don't know if Obertan, Monrose or Khazri would be good enough as back up.

I think in the Summer, I'll take the plunge, sell Toulalan and bring in M'Vila/Matuidi.

People were also showing interest in Gouffran, and him along with Monnet-Paquet have been solid, but I don't know if Obertan, Monrose or Khazri would be good enough as back up.

Dunno about Monrose but Obertan is better than just being back-up and Khazri (if he's developed) is a very able back-up. But then I'm biased toward both those players.

Now sit back and wait for HoPeY to explode about your Lisandro to Lille transfer :D.

Sell Lisandro, sell Cissokho, sell Toulalan? You're crazy. You'll be selling Lloris, Tafer and Pjanic next.

Btw, with Pjanic out injured for the last few months, Lisandro has been my best and most consistant performer.

He's already let Tafer go I think... on a free too.

What the ***************************

Jesus Christ, I'm about to have a heart attack. Only £13M? To a fellow French club? Not even a top French club either?

:D:D, I had a crash dump, so I'll try again, actually my last save was the day it crash dumped, and now Lisandro has rejected Lille :D

His value is £7m, I offered out for £20m, no one bid £20m, no one bid £15m, Lille bid £13m, and that was it!! Probably down to his poor form and tbf, Lille won the league season 1, and were second season 2.

Sell Lisandro, sell Cissokho, sell Toulalan? You're crazy. You'll be selling Lloris, Tafer and Pjanic next.

Btw, with Pjanic out injured for the last few months, Lisandro has been my best and most consistant performer.

Lloris will never, ever leave. Tafer has gone already, I forgot to renew his contract and he left on a free, but I have made contact to bring him back, and Pjanic too wil never leave. Lisandro has just been awful from day 1. 25 goals in 3 seasons. This year, he has 1 goal in 13 appearances, I need better consistency than that. I have tried him in numerous roles the last 3 years, but none have worked.

Dunno about Monrose but Obertan is better than just being back-up and Khazri (if he's developed) is a very able back-up. But then I'm biased toward both those players.

Now sit back and wait for HoPeY to explode about your Lisandro to Lille transfer .

Khazri is looking nice, while Obertan is looking OK, but not being played at Man Utd. Monrose is at Bordeaux and doing well, whether he could repeat that form for me is a different question.

I'll take it that you don't beleive I should sell Cissokho or Toulalan then? :D

OK, so I bought in Nimani from Caen, he makes debut against them in the CDLL Final, then scores the opening goal in a 4-0 destruction.

I was unable to sell Lisandro, so he gets one last chance to prove his worth, then after July 1st, I'll be offering him out, when clubs actually have a budget left.

I don't know why Lisandro isn't working for you, he's scored 172 goals in 254 games for me, and I've changed his role so many times (deep lying forward/poacher/attacking midfielder/inside forward/complete forward being the most common ones). I'll be unconsolable when he leaves/retires :(

Also, I've just realised that in October 2014, I can make an XI of first team players that I started out with:

Lloris

Gassama Toulalan Agnaou Cissokho

Gonalons Pjanic Grenier/Mehamha

Lisandro

Belfodil Yannis

Although I'm cheating slightly by including Agnaou, but he did come through from the academy, so I feel justified.

Don't listen to the dissenters suggy, I made no impression on the CL for the first three seasons - got knocked out before the QF each time. Changed things around abit by playing virtually a French U23 side (ok I did this after the 2nd season but you get the point :)) after getting rid of a number of players, Lisandro, Toulalan & Cissokho included, then won the CL two years in succession.

Keep wielding that axe I say :thup::D.

Welcome and good luck mark b.

Thanks HoPeY. I'm doing ok again, qualified for the CL knockout stage with a very impressive 100% record in a group containing Chelsea, AZ and Unirea Urziceni. Can face either Liverpool, Inter, Wolfsburg, Sporting Lisbon, Standard or Red Bull Salzburg in the next round. Would rather avoid Inter, & Liverpool and Wolfsburg preferably too, I'd be extremely happy with any of the rest!

Has anyone got a screenshot of Lacazette about three seasons in (2012), he's developing well for me so far, doing well as an inside forward at AMR when he gets in the 1st team, scored and got man of the match against AZ in the CL too...

My Lacazette looks a tiny bit better than yours, and a couple of years younger, he's out on loan to Porto at the moment, and performing well, so he should integrate into my squad next season.

lazzzzzy.jpg

October Results Update (2014)

Ligue 1:

Olympique Lyonnais 5-0 OGC Nice

1' Belfodil - - - - - - - - - 77' Sung-Min s/o

10', 58' Lisandro L.

17' Moussa S.

90+1' Soumare

Olympique Lyonnais 2-1 Olympique Marseille

26'(p), 81' Lisandro L. -- 4' Huntelaar

Stade Malherbe Caen 0-2 Olympique Lyonnais

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 45' Agnaou

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 55' Lisandro L.

Olympique Lyonnais 1-0 Toulouse FC

45+2' Remy - - - - - - -- 34' Capoue s/o

66' Toulalan s/o

Four wins, happy Joe. Toulouse and Marseille games were tough ones, but I enjoyed the thrashing of Nice. Decent enough month extending my lead of the league, not really any more to say.

Ligue 1 table

Champions League, Group H:

Olympique Lyonnais 0-0 Metalist Kharkiv

Surprisingly tough game against stubborn opposition. I should still have won the game by a mile, but it just wasn't to be.

Group H standings

My Player of the Month:

1st: Lisandro Lopez. Back to his brutal best after a slow start to the season. I'm mainly playing him as an attacking midfielder these days, as he's lost a bit of pace, but he's fantastic there.

2nd: Sambou Yatabare.

3rd: Aly Cissokho.

This is possibly the best goal any one of my players has ever scored. Unfortunately screenshots won't work though, you'll have to take my word for it :(

A short corner is taken and Gonzalo Higuain chips it towards the backpost, where Mohamed Agnaou is making a strong run. However the PSG keeper, Fernando Henrique comes out claims the ball cleanly, despite Agnaou throwing himself at it and apparently taking a knock in the process, as he goes down. Fernando Henrique waits before distributing the ball, and in the mean time Agnaou dusts himself off and starts to sprint back to his position. At that moment, the keeper attempts to launch a long ball forward, so naturally the ball ricochets of Agnaou's back and flies in. What a goal :cool:

To make it even better, it was an 87th minute match-winner against PSG.

Edit, nevermind, got a crash dump and it wiped the game. Only my second one ever as well :(

Edit 2, I now don't mind the crash dump so much, as I won the replayed game 0-5. All boring goals though, would rather have had the one crazy one than five normals ones haha.

Thanks everyone! I see he's become a French international in your game CPS... is he in your 1st team now?

Yeah he was an important part of my 1st team squad (I've taken a break from the save for a while), more as rotation than an automatic first teamer. Scored twice in my last game, a 2-1 win against Real Madrid in the CL Final... I love mentioning that ;).

Good to see Yatabare starting to make an impact for you joe.

Well thought I'd give an update from my game. Well holidayed the first season only to take over Lyon after coming 5th. Well managed to win the league back in the second season (my first with Lyon), won the Uefa Cup and beat Atletico Madrid for the Super Cup.

Team for my first season:

GK: Lloris/Vercoutre

DC: Hangeland/Burdisso

DC: Bodmer/Lovre/Bassong

DR: Srna/Gassama

DL: Cissokho/French fullback (forgot his name)

MC: Palombo/Gonalons

MC: Toulalan/Kallstrom/Mehamha

AMR: Gervinho/Arizmendi/Govou

AML: Di Maria/Bastos

AMC: Pjanic/Grenier

FC: Lopes/Tafer/Jo*/Gomis

Lopes has been amazing for me. Got the golden boot as well which happend to me for the first time!! Woo hoo!!

*Loan signings

Team for the start of the second season:

GK: Lloris/Vercoutre

DC:Burdisso/Bassong

DC: Bodmer/Lovre

DR: Srna/Gassama

DL: Cissokho/French fullback (forgot his name)

MC: Palombo/Gonalons/Sissoko

MC: Toulalan/Kallstrom/Mehamha

AMR: Gervinho/Arizmendi

AML: Di Maria/Bastos/Vela*

AMC: Pjanic/Grenier/Bresciano*

FC: Lopes/Tafer/Palyuchenko*

*Loan signings

Any ideas for centre backs? Had to sell Hangeland as he was disrupting things wanting to leave and Burdisso wants to go to "a bigger club" and contract runs out at the end of the season so might have to make sure I get money for him if I can get someone in. I've got £35m to spend as well. I'm training Lovren but don't feel he is ready yet.

Archived