FM10 Official Olympique Lyonnais Thread - Allez L'OL

Lisandro Lopez

• Replies 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just finished my first seasn. I seem to remember that imageshack had a program that you downloaded and then presses cntrl+u or something and it took the screen shot and gave you your link all at once. Anyone heard of such a thing? Dont have it anymore:(

How did it go?

That's pretty cool. I've never heard of it, but if you find it post it on here plese :)

Won the League, Europa League and League Cup. Pretty pleased but ill need to buy new players soon. Real update coming up in a bit.

I am 2 games a way from an unbeaten season! (Penalty shoot out losses don't count right ;)). I can honestly never remember doing that in any CM/FM game - Lorient at home in a meaningless league game and a slighty trickier task against Real in the CL Final.

dz47 - this is my 5th season so will maybe give you an indication that the game does get easier the further you get into it and Lovren is the only non French national I have, the first couple of seasons are a good challenge though and the CL still is. You'll find that the AI French clubs get pillaged of their top talent within 2-3 years making your job that bit easier i.e. Sakho, Gignac, Sissoko, Hoarou, Remy, Gourcuff, etc will move on. Still a very enjoyable game and one I'd certainly recommend but, like joe, I think I'll be looking to start a new game after this season.

Hi guys,

I’m seriously thinking about starting a save with Lyon. This would be my first in the French league, and I would like it to be a pretty long one. I’m just interested to know if it becomes too easy to win Ligue 1, and therefore a bit boring with the Champions League the only real challenge? Cheers.

Depends how hard you make your challenge it can become easy, but it differs on each save. It's enjoyable none the less. Welcome and good luck if you do decide to give it a go.

I'll still read this thread etc btw, you've not lost me completely

Damn. :(

Good luck with your other saves

Just finished my first seasn. I seem to remember that imageshack had a program that you downloaded and then presses cntrl+u or something and it took the screen shot and gave you your link all at once. Anyone heard of such a thing? Dont have it anymore

Congrats with your season by the way. Where's this update eh?

I'm getting the impression that Obertan is a bit of a flat track bully, he scored 4 against Lorient in my last League game but often goes missing in the really big matches. His form against lesser clubs, especially at home, is absolutely imperious though. Dodgy 'Important Game' and 'Consistency' stats perhaps?

Ok, Champions League Final to come when I get home later then I'll post a final season review (sob :().

so far in my game its going well in the champions league qualifier, Im 5-1 up from the first leg over celtic but league form is a bit dodgy, after 3 games Im 9th drew 2-2 with le mans then I beat my new affilate club valenciennes 6-1 then lost 4-2 to auxerre, celtic up next.

transfers in so far

abou diaby 5m

adrien 2.5m

serge aurier 1.6m

lucas digne 2.5m

all over 48months

players out

sold eric tie bi to bologna for 200k

loic abenzoar to metz for 325k plus 50% sell on

anthony lopez to nice for 95k plus 50%

sidney govou to west ham for 5m plus 50%

cesar delgado to spartak moscow for 5m plus 50%

plus i released a bunch of the kids are they are crap

beat celtic 6-0 so 11-1 on agg to qualify and was given this group

season1clgroup.jpg

decided to have a break from my arsenal game and started a Lyon game question Govou Kallstrom and Cris all got 1 yr left on there contracts who is worth keeping ?

Welcome and good luck. As joe says, should sell Govou!

Hey guys, here's my Pjanic, what do you guys think about him??

Er, rubbish at long throws? ;)

I'm getting the impression that Obertan is a bit of a flat track bully, he scored 4 against Lorient in my last League game but often goes missing in the really big matches. His form against lesser clubs, especially at home, is absolutely imperious though. Dodgy 'Important Game' and 'Consistency' stats perhaps?

Ok, Champions League Final to come when I get home later then I'll post a final season review (sob).

Typical French eh?

Champions League Final 2014

2ijnfd5.png

Great way to end the season and a very dramatic game too with a Lyonnaise boy getting both goals. Thought we were sunk until Lloris thumped forward a goal kick, Casillas raced out to intercept for no apparent reason only for Lacazette to nip in first and tap into the unguarded net. Into extra time Obertan (how did I doubt him!) produced a marvellous assist, skinning two defenders and giving Lacazette a tap in for his second. Lloris then made 3 great saves towards the end as we scrambled over the line.

Final Ligue 1 Table

161aihv.png

A very dominant season, was fun watching this team play - the amount of management involved was pretty minimal. I think because the squad had gelled so well and morale being permanently high played a major role in the success. We also picked up the Super Cup, French Cup and the World Club Cup.

Goalscorers

Here are all the players who found the net for me in all competitions:

21 - Ishak Belfodil

19 - Yaya Sanogo

17 - Gabriel Obertan

10 - Yohan Mollo

9 - Josua Guilavogui

8 - Magaye Gueye, Yannis Tafer, Damien Le Tallec

7 - Alexandre Lacazette, Wahbi Khazri, Miralem Pjanic, Kevin Gameiro

4 - Cheick Doukoure, Clement Grenier, Maxime Gonalons, Dejan Lovren

2 - Jean-Armel Kana-Biyik, Abdel El Kaoutari, Sebastien Corchia, Yann M'Vila

1 - Lucas Digne, Tripy Makonda, Amine, Lamine Gassama, Mathieu Bodmer

Key Players

1. Miralem Pjanic - 40 (1) games, 7 goals, 21 assists, 9 MOM, 8.09 average - Just a great player. Best midfielder in the game imo

2. Gabriel Obertan - 39 (3) games, 17 goals, 7 assists, 6 MOM, 7.56 average - Underrated winger. Definitely not a flat track bully ;)

3. Ishak Belfodil - 20 (13) games, 21 goals, 6 assists, 5 MOM, 7.55 average - Barely played in the early part of the season but great, prolific 2nd half

4. Yaya Sanogo - 31 (2) games, 19 goals, 7 assists, 2 MOM, 7.51 average - A young Drogba? In any case he's a very effective battering ram of a striker

5. Josua Guilavogui - 38 (1) games, 9 goals, 2 assists, 2 MOM, 7.45 average - Strong young CB with a knack for converting corners and free-kicks

That's it I think, I may come back to this save but, if not, its been a lot of fun.

Thanks Purefun, might try out a struggling team for a challenge but want to go take a break from playing FM for a while first. Will definitely keep taking a look in this thread though.

Champions League Final 2014

Great way to end the season and a very dramatic game too with a Lyonnaise boy getting both goals. Thought we were sunk until Lloris thumped forward a goal kick, Casillas raced out to intercept for no apparent reason only for Lacazette to nip in first and tap into the unguarded net. Into extra time Obertan (how did I doubt him!) produced a marvellous assist, skinning two defenders and giving Lacazette a tap in for his second. Lloris then made 3 great saves towards the end as we scrambled over the line.

Final Ligue 1 Table

A very dominant season, was fun watching this team play - the amount of management involved was pretty minimal. I think because the squad had gelled so well and morale being permanently high played a major role in the success. We also picked up the Super Cup, French Cup and the World Club Cup.

Goalscorers

Here are all the players who found the net for me in all competitions:

21 - Ishak Belfodil

19 - Yaya Sanogo

17 - Gabriel Obertan

10 - Yohan Mollo

9 - Josua Guilavogui

8 - Magaye Gueye, Yannis Tafer, Damien Le Tallec

7 - Alexandre Lacazette, Wahbi Khazri, Miralem Pjanic, Kevin Gameiro

4 - Cheick Doukoure, Clement Grenier, Maxime Gonalons, Dejan Lovren

2 - Jean-Armel Kana-Biyik, Abdel El Kaoutari, Sebastien Corchia, Yann M'Vila

1 - Lucas Digne, Tripy Makonda, Amine, Lamine Gassama, Mathieu Bodmer

Key Players

1. Miralem Pjanic - 40 (1) games, 7 goals, 21 assists, 9 MOM, 8.09 average - Just a great player. Best midfielder in the game imo

2. Gabriel Obertan - 39 (3) games, 17 goals, 7 assists, 6 MOM, 7.56 average - Underrated winger. Definitely not a flat track bully

3. Ishak Belfodil - 20 (13) games, 21 goals, 6 assists, 5 MOM, 7.55 average - Barely played in the early part of the season but great, prolific 2nd half

4. Yaya Sanogo - 31 (2) games, 19 goals, 7 assists, 2 MOM, 7.51 average - A young Drogba? In any case he's a very effective battering ram of a striker

5. Josua Guilavogui - 38 (1) games, 9 goals, 2 assists, 2 MOM, 7.45 average - Strong young CB with a knack for converting corners and free-kicks

That's it I think, I may come back to this save but, if not, its been a lot of fun.

Congrats with the season and the save CPS, all the best.

Lyon thread losing players?

what is the world coming to when the best team thread is going down the pan

While I know your joking, it's always been like this. People come and go, people usually come back. ;)

Alright guys, just started with Lyon 2nd season. Thought it be better to start the second season that way I aint buying the same players I usually do. So what kind of formations is everyone playing? I've been tinkering with a 4-2-3-1 at the moment but I'm still unsure. The team I have hasn't changed much so the regulars are there.

The team did pretty bad the first season so thought I had to go them to rectify that. Came 5th and Marseille won the league.

5th. :(

---

Who has left Lyon? And what kind of money do you have?

And 4-2-3-1 is the way to go. :thup:

Yip couldn't believe it myself.

League finished like this:

1. Marseille

2. PSG

3. Bordeaux

4. Stade Rennais

5. Lyon

6. Nancy

Transfers for season 09/10 were as follows:

In:

Jean -Pascal Mignot - Auxerre

Habib Bamogo - Nice

Mauro Cetto - Toulouse

Thomas Lebon - Lille

Jeremy Morel - Lorient

Corona - Almeria

Javier Arizmendi - Zaragoza

Hedwiges Maduro - Valencia

Brede Hangeland - Fulham

Out:

Anthony Lopes - Tottenham

Nicolas Seguin - Schalke

Thomas Fontaine - Auxerre

Sebastien Faure - Arsenal

Anderson - Caen

The transfers now I have taken over are as follows:

Season 2010/11

In:

Angelo Palombo - Sampdoria (got relegated so couldn't resist getting him for 5m)

Rafael van der Vaart - Real Madrid (loan)

Angel Di Maria - Benfica

Out:

Corona - Wolves

Romain Miguet - Scunthorpe

Loic Abenzoar - Bristol City

Freddy Piquionne - Lazio

Ederson Stuttgart

Nicolas Seguin - Sheffield United

Jean Makoun - Leverkusen

Hedwiges Maduro - Napoli

Thomas Fontaine - Padova

I've got 30 million left and feel I need to get a new right winger/forward and a new right back.

Alright guys, just started with Lyon 2nd season. Thought it be better to start the second season that way I aint buying the same players I usually do. So what kind of formations is everyone playing? I've been tinkering with a 4-2-3-1 at the moment but I'm still unsure. The team I have hasn't changed much so the regulars are there.

The team did pretty bad the first season so thought I had to go them to rectify that. Came 5th and Marseille won the league.

Fifth? :(

Yip couldn't believe it myself.

League finished like this:

1. Marseille

2. PSG

3. Bordeaux

4. Stade Rennais

5. Lyon

6. Nancy

Transfers for season 09/10 were as follows:

In:

Jean -Pascal Mignot - Auxerre

Habib Bamogo - Nice

Mauro Cetto - Toulouse

Thomas Lebon - Lille

Jeremy Morel - Lorient

Corona - Almeria

Javier Arizmendi - Zaragoza

Hedwiges Maduro - Valencia

Brede Hangeland - Fulham

Out:

Anthony Lopes - Tottenham

Nicolas Seguin - Schalke

Thomas Fontaine - Auxerre

Sebastien Faure - Arsenal

Anderson - Caen

The transfers now I have taken over are as follows:

Season 2010/11

In:

Angelo Palombo - Sampdoria (got relegated so couldn't resist getting him for 5m)

Rafael van der Vaart - Real Madrid (loan)

Angel Di Maria - Benfica

Out:

Corona - Wolves

Romain Miguet - Scunthorpe

Loic Abenzoar - Bristol City

Freddy Piquionne - Lazio

Ederson Stuttgart

Nicolas Seguin - Sheffield United

Jean Makoun - Leverkusen

Hedwiges Maduro - Napoli

Thomas Fontaine - Padova

I've got 30 million left and feel I need to get a new right winger/forward and a new right back.

Lyon AI buying Habib Bamogo, haha. Nearly fell off my chair reading that! :D

Fifth? :(

Lyon AI buying Habib Bamogo, haha. Nearly fell off my chair reading that! :D

It's no wonder they ended up fifth. St Ettienne got relegated as well which was surprised about. Love it when you get random saves.

3rd at the moment in the league with new signings settling well just signed a scout found player Karim Ait Fana hopefully will put my strikers to scoring more lopez seem the only one doing any good lately, also so lacazette to barcelona for 2m plus 50% as he wasnt going to start and squad was getting alittle to big. Gomis been rubbish for me for some reason, I made a huge mistake I left out Reveillere of my CL squad what the heck was I thinking doh

ok so I just got to my 1st cl game against man utd and the scouting report comes up for Man Utd says

injured players van der sar, hargreaves, rafael, foster, obertan

then says unavailable scholes, de ceglie, nani, macheda and de laet

ok so who the heck is going to play lol interesting

oh well game went ok i guess lost 3-2 rooney double and ji sung park for them and lopez and vidic og for us

ManU hard team to play. Rooney is lethal.

Not against my Newcastle team, he wasn't. Him and Berbatov facing up to Steven Taylor and Gary Caldwell, my defence came out on top every time but one. (Which he did score, but hey, I scored 3)

Not against my Newcastle team, he wasn't. Him and Berbatov facing up to Steven Taylor and Gary Caldwell, my defence came out on top every time but one. (Which he did score, but hey, I scored 3)

Did I just read that right?

Yes :D He's doing very well for me. Sakho is a new arrival so I din't want to throw him in front of the Devil's attack on his first competitive game as he is still blending with the squad. One misplaced pass could have cost me the game. Curtis Davies had just returned from injury, and I didn't have anyone else.

Caldwell has been incredibly useful and of course he is home-grown at my club, which helps. I've yet to see him make a fool of himself and I've had him for just over a year. Best free signing I have ever made.

Archived