FM10 Official Olympique Lyonnais Thread - Allez L'OL

Lisandro Lopez

I kept govou as hes Been outstanding for me, Managed to lower his wages to £45k for 2 years which i think is reasonable.

I think i have too many leagues loaded as im progressing so slowly, As for you question Hopey OM are doing the best by december. They are on top 4 points ahead of me now :thdn:

Good job so far Batty :thup: Good luck against Barca.

Lost both games to barca by the scoreline of 2-0 :thdn: But not to worry got through to the first ko round where i face real lost the first leg to them at home 2-0 so need to score at least 3 at the bernabeau

May just throw the kitchen sink at em I'll stick a screenie up in a minute

EDIT:Thank christ beat em 4-1 through to the quater finals :D

• Replies 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just beat liverool 3-1 at home but unfortunatly lost the first leg 2-0 so i have gone out of the;. ecc at the quater finals on away goals :mad:

EDIT:What makes it even worse is the fact OM are in the semis of the ecc :confused: I've also had a March and April slump 7 games i've faild to win my lead of 10pts at the halfway mark has been cut to 2 hope we can hold out. Need 3 pts against bordeaux.

That is unlucky batty1, but getting to the quarters in the first season is still good, considering the squad is abit hit and miss. So chin up. :)

Apparently Bodmer is finding it hard to motivate himself when we play against lesser opponents, added to the fact my Assistant Manager reckons he has a personal problem with me. Of which, I don't know what it could be. Considering he plays most games and I've never been harsh or negative to him in a team talk.

In fact, I have noticed my squad morale is poor at the moment (well my Assistant Manager says so, only four players have poor for moral so that is abit strange) that is despite us leading the league and being in the KO stages of the Champions League. Really not quite sure what is going on with some players morale, Makoun's [for example] morale has gone from good to very poor and that only happened once he broke his foot. So I’m being punished in morale terms when my players get injured for x amount of weeks, how does that work? :D

Pirès scored on his debut by the way. :cool:

I think i have too many leagues loaded as im progressing so slowly, As for you question Hopey OM are doing the best by december. They are on top 4 points ahead of me now

Thanks for the answer Gilly777, certainly interesting to see how the AI teams develop in everyone's save. OM also signed Rosicky for £1Million in the January window, what a bargain!

At the end of my first season and the only thing to show for it is the league.

Championes.jpg

And a pretty decent defence

Mydefence.jpg

Lost in the french cup final 2-1 to Bordeaux

Lost in the Quaters of the Coupe de la Ligue 3-0 to OM

Lost in the Quaters of the Champions League 3-3(away goals)

Now I need to try and strenghten the squad to make it champions league class and another striker is probably a must.

True that would have been very humiliating. Liverpool also went on (after knocking me out)to win the champions league so even though i hate them i lost to the eventual winners.

Edit:Just come across a newgen AML who has the ability to become a leading ligue 1 winger only problem is Independiente would want at least £16.25m. Sunderland have made an offer of £6.25m for Mensah accept?

Thought I'd play as Lyon for my european save this year will update at the end of the first transfer window

INS: Van Der Vaart,Vukcevic,Otamendi,Moussa Sissoko

OUTS: Lacazette,Clerc,Delgado

Played 6 games winning all 6, Scored 12 conceded 3

Also I've given the backroom staff a complete overhaul none of my coaches are below 4 star my best being Gian Nicola Bisciotti(5 star Fitness)

How is Vukcevic doing?

Welcome and good luck btw. :)

Just signed Marouane Chamakh on a free, he will join up with OL at the end of the season. :*) Kim Källström is being awkward in contract negotiations though, his demands are ridiculous.

Unlucky batty1. :(

Oh and Lisandro came second in Europe's best striker award at the end of Dec, Ibra won, despite having less goals but a much higher average rating. :D

Nice one.

I just gave Kallstrom the same he had and he signed his contract.

True that would have been very humiliating. Liverpool also went on (after knocking me out)to win the champions league so even though i hate them i lost to the eventual winners.

Edit:Just come across a newgen AML who has the ability to become a leading ligue 1 winger only problem is Independiente would want at least £16.25m. Sunderland have made an offer of £6.25m for Mensah accept?

Yes accept.

How is Vukcevic doing?

Welcome and good luck btw. :)

Nice one.

I just gave Kallstrom the same he had and he signed his contract.

Cheers Purefun. Vukcevic has done fairly good he's scored 21 in 53 apps with 12 assts and an average rating of 7.19

EDIT:will accept when i get back to my desktop on my lappy at the moment

Cool, thanks for the answer. Another 48months man I see, Spike will be pleased. ;)

It's the way forward Hopey ;)

Just signed Marouane Chamakh on a free, he will join up with OL at the end of the season. :*)

You must have been lucky. Two days before I could approach him on a free he signed a new contract.

Had to splash out £12m for him instead :(

Nice 1st season mate, 16mil is a lot of money on someone who needs a bit of time to develop. It could be a bit of hit and miss as to how he turns out and im sure you could bring someone in thats proven to be top quality already for that amount.

But at the end of the day its your save and its all about if you think he could be worth it. Depending on how you play and develop him, he could be worth his weight in gold in a few years. :D

Nice 1st season mate, 16mil is a lot of money on someone who needs a bit of time to develop. It could be a bit of hit and miss as to how he turns out and im sure you could bring someone in thats proven to be top quality already for that amount.

But at the end of the day its your save and its all about if you think he could be worth it. Depending on how you play and develop him, he could be worth his weight in gold in a few years. :D

Accepted that bid for Mensah. Don't think i'll bid for the kid 16mil is alot and my tactic doesnt use wingers

Damn that idiot mensah he rejected sunderlands contract :(

It's the way forward Hopey

Be quiet you! :p

You must have been lucky. Two days before I could approach him on a free he signed a new contract.

Had to splash out £12m for him instead

Haha, I'm a big fan of Marouane in FM and in real life so it's great to be signing him at the end of the season, Barça also offered me £2Million upfront, 30% sell on clause and £22Million after one international cap for Grenier, I said no though. :cool:

Tempted to also sign Enke on a free contract, he'll be an excellent backup, finding it hard not to sign him on this free, especially after the tragic real life incident. :(

My ass man is being an ass he is refusing to accept my contract renewal because he feels the basic wage is unacceptable.And i cant offer him anymore than 12.25k pw. But just found out he'll accept a contract on 9.5k pw as a coach, wtf. Looks like im gonna need a new ass man

Be quiet you!

Hush your mouth ;)

Haha, I'm a big fan of Marouane in FM and in real life so it's great to be signing him at the end of the season, Barça also offered me £2Million upfront, 30% sell on clause and £22Million after one international cap for Grenier, I said no though.

You should have accepted. That way when you get the French job you could call him up.

Tempted to also sign Enke on a free contract, he'll be an excellent backup, finding it hard not to sign him on this free, especially after the tragic real life incident.

I'm tempted to sign him on my Bayern save. Just doesn't feel right though :(

Nice, pretty good second season budget. Not sure what Spike got on his save, but I'd gladly have that when I come round to the end of season one/start of season two. Which for me, won't be till next weekend. *sniffle*

£32.5m for me :cool:

Just a quick one, have any of you guys tried out Payet from St. Etienne?

He looks like a pretty solid winger, so I'm thinking of buying him for one of my other saves.

Also, do you have any other suggestions for Left Wingers (AML)?

Thanks ;)

Angel Di Maria is the best in terms of value IMO. You can get him at the start for just 4.1m and he's quite strong. I've just started a new Lyon game and have brought him in, along with Simon Vukcevic (6m), who can also play out there (he's great at set pieces too).

Great OP by Hopey btw. One of the best guides going around.

As well as Di Maria (4.1m) and Vukcevic (6m) I've brought in:

Sergiy Kryvtsov 2.5m

David Beckham 500k (Great Tutor)

Eduardo Salvio 3m

Nicolas Otamendi 2.8m

Ronaldo 2.5m (Great Tutor)

Alphonse Areola 250k

Marouane Fellaini 27m

Would love to get a more experience AMR in as I'm quite keen to ship off Govou (Only Arsenal are bidding for him and he's rejecting them). Tempted to get rid of Pjanic as he doesn't really fit into my system.

Just a quick one, have any of you guys tried out Payet from St. Etienne?

He looks like a pretty solid winger, so I'm thinking of buying him for one of my other saves.

Also, do you have any other suggestions for Left Wingers (AML)?

Thanks ;)

He is playing for your archrival though, won't go down with the fans.

Angel Di Maria is the best in terms of value IMO. You can get him at the start for just 4.1m and he's quite strong. I've just started a new Lyon game and have brought him in, along with Simon Vukcevic (6m), who can also play out there (he's great at set pieces too).
Great OP by Hopey btw. One of the best guides going around.

As well as Di Maria (4.1m) and Vukcevic (6m) I've brought in:

Sergiy Kryvtsov 2.5m

David Beckham 500k (Great Tutor)

Eduardo Salvio 3m

Nicolas Otamendi 2.8m

Ronaldo 2.5m (Great Tutor)

Alphonse Areola 250k

Marouane Fellaini 27m

Would love to get a more experience AMR in as I'm quite keen to ship off Govou (Only Arsenal are bidding for him and he's rejecting them). Tempted to get rid of Pjanic as he doesn't really fit into my system.

Welcome and good luck mate, nice transfers, but selling Pjanic isn't good (to say the least)!

Aren't you using an AMC or AMR?

The way I am trying to set up the team he can't play AMC and I wasn't impressed with his pace for an AMR. Having brought in Salvio, I thought there wasn't much use for him, but I've since realized that he has a place in my team as a right winger, particularly given Salvio starts off pretty poor and is better used as an impact sub. Have designed a special training program for him with high focus on aerobic so hopefully he can get his pace up to maybe 15-16.

Beat Le Mans away 2-1 after being down at HT so off to a nice start. Drew Anderlecht in the Qualies and have already beat them 3-0 at home so CL football is looking safe.

Have brought in Muniesa as a long term LCB prospect and am just trying to bring in Milito to there play there in the interim (and act as a tutor, he has determination of 19).

In terms of major sales, I got 3.2m for Delgado, 5m for Boumsong, 3.2m for Clerc, 3m for Anderson with Ederson out on long with a future fee of 10m. If only I could get rid of Govou then my overhaul would be complete.

The problem I had with Ederson was that I had no use for him as an AMC and he is a right footed AML. I like to use a lot of wing play and figured the 4.1m I could use to get Di Maria it's easier to just get rid of him.

On a somewhat strange note, my LB (Sissoko) has just put in a cross which my RB put into the net! Don't think I've ever had that happen before.

Diego Renan has a minimum release clause of 12.25m. He is only 19 and looks quite good, particularly going forward. If you use your fullbacks in attack I would consider selling and replacing with Renan. He will take up a non EU spot though, which is the reason why I haven't bought him. That and the young LB you have in your team looks promising.

Diego Renan has a minimum release clause of 12.25m. He is only 19 and looks quite good, particularly going forward. If you use your fullbacks in attack I would consider selling and replacing with Renan. He will take up a non EU spot though, which is the reason why I haven't bought him. That and the young LB you have in your team looks promising.

Doesn't want to come as he's at Metalist god knows how or why

Could get Leighton Baines for 14mil but think don't he would cut it

Not Baines no, keep Cisso then.

Keeping Cisso can't find any better full backs his age or cheaper. I should of anticipated that cisso would throw his toys out the pram after rejecting the offer.

EDIT:Just won the French Champions Trophy 3-0 against Bordeaux. The Vultures are about Real madrid want bodmer, Juve want Toulalan and Ederson and barce still want Cisso and have upped their offer by 5 mil.

See if they up it to 45 mil, buy Chiellini and take the 4 mil profit!! :D

The sods won't offer past 35mil man united are interested aswell now time to start a bidding war. Bloody hell man city are tight for billionaires only offered 4 million upfront in a deal worth 25 mil.(told them to do one). Not one bid over 35mil there all tighter than a ducks arse.

EDIT:My damn computer just crashed booted it back up only to find (yep you guesed it) my Lyon save corrupt :mad: Having to start over.:(

Archived