FM10 Official Olympique Lyonnais Thread - Allez L'OL

Lisandro Lopez

• Replies 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good things come to those who wait.

Just been drawn against Atlético Madrid in the Champions League Q/F after defeating Fiorentina 4-3 [on agg] in the first round knock out stage. Quite confident I should be able to beat them. Tough few games now though, just played ASSE at home in the league and I have them again (in the space of three days!) in the quarter finals of the French cup followed by OM on Sunday. Argh, hectic schedule which I can’t afford to rest too many players.

Oh, I forgot to mention Bastos is out for nine months with cruciate ligament damage. Which he sustained in a 4-1 win over PSG around two months ago. He was just hitting top form for me as-well. :(

Hi guys im currently half way through my second now with the mighty Lyon, and i am pleased to say i am flying through the league, 10 points clear in febuary, and in the 1st knock out round stage of the champions league, although i need to play real madrid to progress to the quarters!

im using a 4,1,2,2,1 formation, aka defensive midfieleder, two center mids, and two atacking wingers, 1 striker.

Team is as follows:

GK: LORIS

RB: REVEIRRE

CB:CRIS

CB:GALLAS

LB:ARMAND TRAORE

DM:MAKOUN

CM:MONTOLIVO

CM:TOULALAN

AMR:WALCOTT

AML:ALEXIS SANCHEZ

ST:LOPEZ

As you can tell i love my explosive wingers, these two are on fire, both setting up lopez time after time, after time, he has scored loads this season, currently has 22 goals in 19 league games, 28 in all competitions! awesome striker. Montolivo is a player i have always admired on football manager, but never had the chance to get him, but i splashed out 18 million on him, and after a slow start, he is finally showing his true colours and generating a formidable partnership with Toulalan in the center of the field, feeding the two speed demons on the wings, he really is pulling all the strings.

My greatest fear is my defence, who are getting on a bit now, William Gallas was my 1st signing for Lyon, and he is now captain, so good at the back with Cris who has also pleased me, but they are both getting into their mid thirties and i dont think that next season they will be fit enough for the league and champions league, so could you give me any good center backs and right back players to fill the void next season please!

Just wondering if anybody can also reccomend some top French youngsters does anyone know if Gael Kakuta from Chelsea gets good?

Thanks in advance!

Good things come to those who wait.

Just been drawn against Atlético Madrid in the Champions League Q/F after defeating Fiorentina 4-3 [on agg] in the first round knock out stage. Quite confident I should be able to beat them. Tough few games now though, just played ASSE at home in the league and I have them again (in the space of three days!) in the quarter finals of the French cup followed by OM on Sunday. Argh, hectic schedule which I can’t afford to rest too many players.

Oh, I forgot to mention Bastos is out for nine months with cruciate ligament damage. Which he sustained in a 4-1 win over PSG around two months ago. He was just hitting top form for me as-well. :(

Bastos :(

Are you still in your first season mate?

Can't believe you turned down Dzeko, although I suppose if you only use one striker then that's fair enough.

Haven't had much playing time with Lyon recently due to trying to keep things going in my Bayern thread :(

Once i've reached the end of my second season i'm switching to a new tactic using two strikers (it's currently working wonders for my Bayern team). This will mean offloading a couple of midfielders to balance the squad a bit. I've already got four strikers in Lopez, Chamakh, Gomis (on loan at OM) & Tafer (want to start involving him a bit more, he's out on loan at the moment and banging them in for fun :cool:)

Just started my 3rd season i'm doing well domestically won the champions trophy 1-0 against Rennais. And won my two league games 2-0 and 2-0. But my stint as belgium manager hasn't started so well only played 1 which was against the czech republic i lost it 2-0 but im putting that to the squad adjusting to my tactics. A very easy game next against Andorra.

EDIT: Put a bid in for Zarate (to cover Gourcuff on the right flank) got negotiated to £25million plus Otamendi told them to get lost. So still on the look out for a right winger.

Atletico also offered me £12million for lisandro so asked for silly money and hes staying :)

Tafer just got a hat-trick in a 4-1 spanking of OM

They only had 3 shots 1 long shot and 0 ccc's. And posession 56-44 to me :D

Hi guys im currently half way through my second now with the mighty Lyon, and i am pleased to say i am flying through the league, 10 points clear in febuary, and in the 1st knock out round stage of the champions league, although i need to play real madrid to progress to the quarters!

im using a 4,1,2,2,1 formation, aka defensive midfieleder, two center mids, and two atacking wingers, 1 striker.

Team is as follows:

GK: LORIS

RB: REVEIRRE

CB:CRIS

CB:GALLAS

LB:ARMAND TRAORE

DM:MAKOUN

CM:MONTOLIVO

CM:TOULALAN

AMR:WALCOTT

AML:ALEXIS SANCHEZ

ST:LOPEZ

As you can tell i love my explosive wingers, these two are on fire, both setting up lopez time after time, after time, he has scored loads this season, currently has 22 goals in 19 league games, 28 in all competitions! awesome striker. Montolivo is a player i have always admired on football manager, but never had the chance to get him, but i splashed out 18 million on him, and after a slow start, he is finally showing his true colours and generating a formidable partnership with Toulalan in the center of the field, feeding the two speed demons on the wings, he really is pulling all the strings.

My greatest fear is my defence, who are getting on a bit now, William Gallas was my 1st signing for Lyon, and he is now captain, so good at the back with Cris who has also pleased me, but they are both getting into their mid thirties and i dont think that next season they will be fit enough for the league and champions league, so could you give me any good center backs and right back players to fill the void next season please!

Just wondering if anybody can also reccomend some top French youngsters does anyone know if Gael Kakuta from Chelsea gets good?

Thanks in advance!

Gaël Kakuta turns into a very good player, at worst a good player. Look at David Luiz for the CB position and Diego Renan for the right back spot. :thup:

Bastos

Are you still in your first season mate?

Yeah I am, only in March. I only get the weekend to really play FM and I don't rush as I spend ages doing things, I should have finished my first season come this weekend.

Can't believe you turned down Dzeko, although I suppose if you only use one striker then that's fair enough.

Haven't had much playing time with Lyon recently due to trying to keep things going in my Bayern thread

Once i've reached the end of my second season i'm switching to a new tactic using two strikers (it's currently working wonders for my Bayern team). This will mean offloading a couple of midfielders to balance the squad a bit. I've already got four strikers in Lopez, Chamakh, Gomis (on loan at OM) & Tafer (want to start involving him a bit more, he's out on loan at the moment and banging them in for fun

Tafer is already coming on nicely for me, had Lisandro tutor him and he's got more goals than Gomis ffs. :D

Just started my 3rd season i'm doing well domestically won the champions trophy 1-0 against Rennais. And won my two league games 2-0 and 2-0. But my stint as belgium manager hasn't started so well only played 1 which was against the czech republic i lost it 2-0 but im putting that to the squad adjusting to my tactics. A very easy game next against Andorra.

EDIT: Put a bid in for Zarate (to cover Gourcuff on the right flank) got negotiated to £25million plus Otamendi told them to get lost. So still on the look out for a right winger.

Atletico also offered me £12million for lisandro so asked for silly money and hes staying

Tafer just got a hat-trick in a 4-1 spanking of OM

They only had 3 shots 1 long shot and 0 ccc's. And posession 56-44 to me

£12Million for Lisandro? What a joke offer. :D

Gaël Kakuta turns into a very good player, at worst a good player. Look at David Luiz for the CB position and Diego Renan for the right back spot. :thup:

Yeah I am, only in March. I only get the weekend to really play FM and I don't rush as I spend ages doing things, I should have finished my first season come this weekend.

Tafer is already coming on nicely for me, had Lisandro tutor him and he's got more goals than Gomis ffs. :D

£12Million for Lisandro? What a joke offer. :D

I know might get Lisandro to tutor Tafer myself even though tafer's been banging goals left right and center so has Dzeko actually. And after calling Lukalku(spelling) up to the belgium squad he started and scored 2 against Estonia and im in his favoured personell so i'm going to try and sign him. Then i have a strike force for the future. (Tafer,Lukalku,and Muniain) I also found Lukalku being touted as the next mpenza quite funny. :D Everyone seems to be asking me for stupid amounts of money for players.So told atletico they could have Lisandro for £40million they turned it down.

I think im going to start again.

A number of things i think i have messed up on my lyon save, Biggest being i didnt load the lowest league and my reserves dont play.

Also the amount of leagues i have loaded is making my game take too long and i havent got the time (and patience) to get through it.

So im afraid im going to restart tonight for an hour and hopefully get through seasons a lot quicker and become more active in this thread.

Started a game with Lyon, as this thread attracted me very much.

I am going to take the mentality of trying to bring in mainly French players, although as you may see from my signings (more in a second), it hasn't quite worked out so far.

I have just finished all of my friendlies, with 5 wins from 5 - no goals conceded.

As for my signings, most have taken inspiration from the thread with Nicolas Otamendi (£10m, £2.5m upfront and £7.5m over 48 months), Adrien (£5m, £3m upfront and £2m over 48 months), Tranquillo Barnetta (£7m, £3m upfront and £4m over 48 months), Rafael Van Der Vaart (Loan, £1.3m fee, 50% wages and a view of a £7.5m deal) all coming in. All, bar, Barnetta were taken from here. The reason for Barnetta was that, I wanted a winger who could play on both sides and was pretty quick. So I made bids for Arda Turan and Barnetta, both were accepted, but Arda went to Barcelona, leaving me with the cheaper Barnetta.

There have been a few outgoings. Jean-Alain Boumsong was the first to go, a £4m move to Marseillie (fans weren't too happy). Second was Anderson in a £3m move to Auxerre. The final permanent departure was Cesar Delgado who left for Wolves for £4.3m. I have also loaned out Yannis Tafer to Monaco, but after accepting the loan move it came to my attention, I had stupidly given Monaco the option of purchasing Tafer for £2.1m at any point!

I have gone with the formation that served me so well with Liverpool, 4-2-3-1. This is my first XI.

Lloris

Reveillere--Cris--Bodmer--Cissokho

Toulalan--Makoun/Adrien

Barnetta--Van Der Vaart--Bastos

Lopez

I am still looking for improvements, or back-up (mainly young french players) so any suggestions on players would be ideal.

Allez L'OL!

A number of things i think i have messed up on my lyon save, Biggest being i didnt load the lowest league and my reserves dont play.

Also the amount of leagues i have loaded is making my game take too long and i havent got the time (and patience) to get through it.

So im afraid im going to restart tonight for an hour and hopefully get through seasons a lot quicker and become more active in this thread.

Most people make the mistake of not loading all the way down when playing in the French league.

:blush: ;)

Anyway very nice inn's and really nice outs, except Tafer the poor sod.

I'd prefer Ederson on the left though. And see that you use Pjanic and also Kallstrom at least in rotation.

I have taken the massive gamble of changing formation and tactic half way through the season (now playing a variation of 4-4-2 rather than 4-3-2-1) as it's working so well on my Bayern save. It was an even bigger risk considering my first game was away at OM, but it seemed to go pretty well.

OMvOlympiqueLyonnais.png

OMvOlympiqueLyonnais-2.png

These are my results so far with the new tactic, the Ligue 1 results have been pretty decent. Having won our first 4 Champions League group game we were already guaranteed top spot, so I played my back-up's against Sevilla & Rubin. Those two results weren't therefore as bad as they look. We were unlucky in the Rubin game having hit the woodwork tiwce, with our goal coming from a 30 yard screamer from Moussa Sissokho.

OlympiqueLyonnais-9.png

I have just snapped up this very promising 16 year old from Real Madrid, although he was quite expensive at £5.5m (if he wasn't a regen I'd swear he was Xabi Alonso's younger brother judging by his stats).

JavierAlonso.png

JavierAlonso-2.png

I also found this really promising keeper at Barcelona and was really happy when they accepted my £90k bid. When it came to the contract negotiations I couldn't believe it when he asked for £85,000 per week wages, then I saw his wages at Barcelona :eek:. This is probably the most stupid thing I have ever seen on an FM game!!!

JuanAntonio.png

Anyone else seen anything like this before?

I didn't load the lowest league either but i'll be damned if i start over as im halfway through my third season.

Anyone got a bogey team mines Grenoble Foot lost to them again :sigh:

Well luckily i was only half a season in, Ive got through my friendlies and am very pleased.

Spent a fair bit on new players, but hopefully worth it in the end.

Not too many players out though just anderson and Grenier (loan). Almost loaned Tafer out to get some first team action but he scored a fantastic hatrick which made me actually stop and look at the situation. With just lisandro and Gomis left if one got injured i would have no cover, Also i felt he would get better training facilities and some tutoring if he stayed.

I know in my last save i praised Govou for his form but ive had a change of heart. His high wage demands are stupid and i think i will be looking to move him on, But with no transfer budget left i will not be able to find a replacement so may just hold out till january for that.

Will update a little later on in my season.

Good luck, enjoy, again. ;)

I am going to take the mentality of trying to bring in mainly French players, although as you may see from my signings (more in a second), it hasn't quite worked out so far.

I have just finished all of my friendlies, with 5 wins from 5 - no goals conceded.

As for my signings, most have taken inspiration from the thread with Nicolas Otamendi (£10m, £2.5m upfront and £7.5m over 48 months), Adrien (£5m, £3m upfront and £2m over 48 months), Tranquillo Barnetta (£7m, £3m upfront and £4m over 48 months), Rafael Van Der Vaart (Loan, £1.3m fee, 50% wages and a view of a £7.5m deal) all coming in. All, bar, Barnetta were taken from here. The reason for Barnetta was that, I wanted a winger who could play on both sides and was pretty quick. So I made bids for Arda Turan and Barnetta, both were accepted, but Arda went to Barcelona, leaving me with the cheaper Barnetta.

There have been a few outgoings. Jean-Alain Boumsong was the first to go, a £4m move to Marseillie (fans weren't too happy). Second was Anderson in a £3m move to Auxerre. The final permanent departure was Cesar Delgado who left for Wolves for £4.3m. I have also loaned out Yannis Tafer to Monaco, but after accepting the loan move it came to my attention, I had stupidly given Monaco the option of purchasing Tafer for £2.1m at any point!

I have gone with the formation that served me so well with Liverpool, 4-2-3-1. This is my first XI.

Lloris

Reveillere--Cris--Bodmer--Cissokho

Toulalan--Makoun/Adrien

Barnetta--Van Der Vaart--Bastos

Lopez

I am still looking for improvements, or back-up (mainly young french players) so any suggestions on players would be ideal.

Allez L'OL!

Maybe you should pick up Di María? Anyway, good luck!

I didn't load the lowest league either but i'll be damned if i start over as im halfway through my third season.

Anyone got a bogey team mines Grenoble Foot lost to them again :sigh:

AS Nancy, they don't usually beat me but always turn up and I'll usually draw with them. They did dump me out of the minor French cup, but I played my youngsters so I wasn't too fussed.

Well luckily i was only half a season in, Ive got through my friendlies and am very pleased.

Spent a fair bit on new players, but hopefully worth it in the end.

Not too many players out though just anderson and Grenier (loan). Almost loaned Tafer out to get some first team action but he scored a fantastic hatrick which made me actually stop and look at the situation. With just lisandro and Gomis left if one got injured i would have no cover, Also i felt he would get better training facilities and some tutoring if he stayed.

I know in my last save i praised Govou for his form but ive had a change of heart. His high wage demands are stupid and i think i will be looking to move him on, But with no transfer budget left i will not be able to find a replacement so may just hold out till january for that.

Will update a little later on in my season.

Haha, welcome to my side of the Govou debate. :D

Thats good bounced back from that loss against grenoble with a 5-0 white wash of Cska Moscow

EDIT: My european championship 2012 group is Poland, Russia and slovakia.

I drew Shakhtar in the champions league first ko round

Ffs just lost dzeko for 6 to 7 weeks to strained knee ligaments (Lucky for me Lisandro has been scoring lots lately)

there is growing friction between Toulalan and Pjanic.

I tried a united save on fm10 ages ago couldnt get into it.

Talking of Man U, the cheeky gits have just made an offer of £21.5m for Toulalan :mad:. I turned it down obviously.

There's also interest in the following players:

Bocchetti - Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool, Man U, Bayern, Roma, Inter & Udinese

Mexes - Real Madrid

Bodmer - Arsenal, Liverpool, AC Milan, Roma & Sevilla

Gourcuff - Roma

I hate the transfer windows :(

I love the transferwindows. :)

How much did you pay for Bocchetti?

About £16m from memory.

Brought him to retrain at DL initially. But now in the second season he's forming a great partnership with Mexes in the centre :cool:

Just hope I can keep hold of both of them through January :o

Just reached the end of my third season won all the french cups, romped to the ligue 1 title won it with 5 games to spare. Won the champions league. Got a few regens joining at the end of july along with Ajax's Luis Suarez and Kacar(spelling) both on frees :D

Lost to Italy in the Europen Championship semis 2-1.

I've just started a Lyon save. Planning to buy Vagner Love, Bocchetti *was class on my juve save*, Salihamidzic and possibly the youngster Kramaric.

Going with a 4-2-3-1 formation as well.

EDIT:

£1.5m for Salihamidzic *Should I buy or not?*

£10.25m for Toulalan from Chelsea lol.

£5.25m for Milito *Should I buy or not?*

£14.5m for Vagner Love *Should I buy or not?*

I've just started a Lyon save. Planning to buy Vagner Love, Bocchetti *was class on my juve save*, Salihamidzic and possibly the youngster Kramaric.

Going with a 4-2-3-1 formation as well.

EDIT:

£1.5m for Salihamidzic *Should I buy or not?* no

£10.25m for Toulalan from Chelsea lol. hell no

£5.25m for Milito *Should I buy or not?* he is good but ask for high wages

£14.5m for Vagner Love *Should I buy or not?*

no, look at Gignac

Genoa want £14.75m for Bocchetti.

EDIT: Toulouse want £10.1m plus Anthony Lopes for Gignac.

Bocchetti is good they say, spread the payment over 48 months.

Sounds about right, give them Lopez and about 8 mil.

what team and players instruction? for lyon players
i have buy Trochowski
an buy Gallas. what team instructions to this and others players? and team instructions?

No need to post this all the time, wait till tonight more tactical players are around then.

Well luckily I got the deal for £13mil over 48months, I also got Gignac too :)

Now just time to look for who to sell to raise the funds back up.

EDIT: Porto offer £3.5m upfront for Anderson.

Bocchetti is awesome for me, partnering Mexes :cool:

Take the money for Anderson :thup:

Personally I would try and offload Govou. Not only should you get around £5m, but it also reduces the wage budget considerably. He is not worth the money he is being paid.

Archived