FM10 Official Olympique Lyonnais Thread - Allez L'OL

Lisandro Lopez

Yep works fine now. :)

Anyway I see with Tafer that his determination has a dark green arrow instead of a light green! Whats the difference?

I think the darker the arrow the closer the attribute is to moving up a level.

• Replies 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yep works fine now. :)

Anyway I see with Tafer that his determination has a dark green arrow instead of a light green! Whats the difference?

Good question. Maybe it means that particular attribute went up by 2 points instead of 1? He's currently in the process of being tutored by Ronaldo (it's his only servicable purpose) and he has a determination of 20, so that could well explain it.

right... finally gonna give FM10 one last try before i carefully put it away for a good while and it shall be with Lyon

looking to play a formation consisting of a DM & MC but still deciding on a 2 Winger + 2 Striker or 2 Winger + 1 Attacking Midfield + 1 Striker concept, won't be looking to sign many top notch players (aside from wingers, although may move Pjanic to a winger spot to allow Kallstrom to play)

Welcome again Ritchie. I'll be following your progress with joy and a little banter. ;)

Pjanic would fair well on the right yes.

Why on earth would you want to put the game away though after this magnificent save????????

because if my defenders don't defend and every attacking player decides to shoot for 40 yards when told not too then i shall gladly put the game away and continue with other games

Hey. How does Gassama turn out? I've just signed him as backup/prospect in my Toulouse game first season to try and keep the squad predominately French, just wondered if he'll ever make it to the top. Cheers.

So much more than a back up and well above just a prospect. Revilliere started the season for me but he certainly didn't finish it. Granted I didn't play Gassama too often in the big games because Revilliere was averaging around 7.2 but for season 2 he will be #2. I imagine the Toulouse RB is not as good as Revilliere and I would say Gassama can almost be first choice already.

This is him at the end of the first season for me:

gassama.png

Always, I like to buy.

If your after a french striker marouane chamakh played as a defensive foward amazing. Or if you have room for another non eu player and can afford him Dzeko is the dogs at the minute for me.

EDIT; Damn just lost away at porto then realised a draw would have seen me through to the ko rounds of the champions league should have shut up shop am in the europa league instead :( cant retain my crown.

I'm getting a bit annoyed about the number of goals from long shots, particularly the opposition.

It's totally unrealistic. I've had games where we've had 15 long shots (with good players who have a decent long shot attribute) and not scored, and the opposition have had one long shot and scored (with a player with a poor long shot attribute) :mad:

Just been beaten 2-1 by Cruzeiro in the world club championship final both their goals we 25 yarders and came in the first 16 mins. The second goal i havent got many complaints about as it came from bernardo who has 13 for longshots, but the first came from a guy with 10 for longshots for gods sake.

I can just about understand Lloris conceding 1 from 25 yards but 2. :mad:

Imo its a travesty that i lost.

travesty-2.jpg

If your after a french striker marouane chamakh played as a defensive foward amazing. Or if you have room for another non eu player and can afford him Dzeko is the dogs at the minute for me.

EDIT; Damn just lost away at porto then realised a draw would have seen me through to the ko rounds of the champions league should have shut up shop am in the europa league instead :( cant retain my crown.

Shame mate, but you could still win the Euro league. I'm actually aiming for that to happen once. ;)

Got Emanuelson(attaking back up for cisso), Feghouli, coming in at the end of the season on frees. Would it be wise to get owen or trezeguet in on a free maybe to tutor one of the young strikers?

EDIT:Barca just came to me with this bid 2.7 M over upfront 11.75 over 30 months for bodmer, theincerdiblehulk advised me to tell them to get on their bike. To avoid an unhappy bodmer i'll negotiate and ask for silly money.

I sold Bodmer for £8m up front. For that sort of money you can get someone better e.g. Annan, Vukojevic, Valdivia, Renato Augusto. Or you could do what I just did and sell him, Gomis and Clerc to raise money for the £47.5m transfer of De Rossi!

The amount of cash I've had is ridiculous and surely unrealistic. I was given £32.5m and that was after spending a net £111m in the first season! And I was then given another £16.5m, so I've been able to sign Chiellini (£30m) and Gourcoff (£20m) as well as De Rossi, and I still have £16m to spend. Wondering whether to get youngsters or save until January.

According to Genie Scout my team is now the second best in the world, after Real Madrid's. First team:

....................Lloris...................

Reveillere Mexes Chiellini Bocchetti

...........Toulalan De Rossi............

Gourcoff........Arda............Modric

................Welliton....................

Subs: Lisandro, Obasi, Pjanic, Makoun, Cissokho, Rafinha, Radoi

This is quite fun. I had better win the Champions League before the transfer payments bankrupt the club! Have got £25m in the bank.

Very impressive team you have there. I tried extremely hard to get Chiellini but he wouldn't sign for me. I'm guessing you only managed to get him after you won the CL?

With you signing De Rossi, I can't help think that maybe he would have been a better option that Veloso. Could probably sign Gourcoff but I have nowhere to even play him.

Bad luck losing to Cruziero. Those types of results really do detract from what is mostly quite a fun and enjoyable game.

I haven't won the CL, but I was able to offer him about £85,000/week.

De Rossi is playing better than Toulalan and Makoun, so his signing seems worthwhile so far, but my assman tells me that he has problems playing for such a low-rep manager. I have to monitor his motivation quite closely and team talk him carefully.

Lopez and Fellaini were clearly the stars of the team.

performances.png

That's an awesome result for Fellaini. You said he was target man, was it set 'to head' and crosses aimed at him? What role did he play - treq? attacking midfielder with attack duty? Welliton could play a similar role for me, I guess.

The tactic I am using I tested with Tim Cahill at both Barcelona and Celtic. In both games combined I'd say he'd have got a goal a game and an assist 2 every 3 games and a rating higher than Fellaini's. Playing long term this time though so obviously that's why I'm using him.

As for instructions, I play him as an AMC Trequartista with full attack mentality, set him as target man and have supply set to head. All players are instructed to cross to him and the cross type under team instructions is set to float.

I've also taught him the PPMs gets forward whenever possible (Cahill had this, and it's a key move IMO) and Shoots with Power. I tried using Welliton in the same role in a Sporting CP game I played for like 2-3 months and recall he was quite good at it. Being a natural striker though may mean he can't learn the gets forward PPM. I don't recall it effecting him too much, maybe his striker instincts will mean he does anyway.

What I like about Fellaini is his tireless midfielder rep and seemingly great fitness. He is yet to get injured for me, save for a 5-6 day injury! Have just brought in Ballack as cover anyway. He'll also make a good tutor for the younglings.

I hear discipline and determination but can't say for sure.

I let my assman take control of the friendlies because I wasn't trying to tweak anything and just wanted to get them done with so my squad gets some match fitness. Instead, it seems like he ****ed off half my squad and so I drew my first 4 matches of the season. Still undefeated for the season but I'm already 6 points behind OM and league is looking a little out of reach (they're 8-0-0 and only conceded 2 goals).

Tried like hell to get Torres in and improve my squad but he just wouldn't come. Lopez is going okay with 10 from 10 so far but getting the feeling that I need something more. Fellaini disappointing so far with only 6 goals and 2 assists.

I hear discipline and determination but can't say for sure

I think your right. Do you think i should sign owen or trezeguet on a free to tutor my young strikers.

I sold Bodmer for £8m up front. For that sort of money you can get someone better e.g. Annan, Vukojevic, Valdivia, Renato Augusto. Or you could do what I just did and sell him, Gomis and Clerc to raise money for the £47.5m transfer of De Rossi!

I might when hes thirty something but hes so versatile and there aren't any players that are as versatlie that spring to mind.

I sold Bodmer for 12.75m to Barca. I got Ballack in on a free who is simply so much better and he covers all of Bodmers positions bar defender.

I am pretty sure that Trezeguet has a higher determination stat than Owen so I'd be inclined to go for him. Maybe check their PPMs to see which are more desirable.

I sold Bodmer for 12.75m to Barca. I got Ballack in on a free who is simply so much better and he covers all of Bodmers positions bar defender.

I am pretty sure that Trezeguet has a higher determination stat than Owen so I'd be inclined to go for him. Maybe check their PPMs to see which are more desirable.

Both their determination stats are 11 not going in for them. Went to barca telling them they could have bodmer for 40million

EDIT:Thats unusual not the fact that i lost 2-0 to nancy lorraine(is bad though) Lloris actually made a mistake which they scored from.

Cheers Hopey. Barca withdrew their interest after i told them i wanted 40million for him and he's not unhappy :D

Just signed Fellaini for £11million and btw Ari Gold how long did he take to settle.

Shame mate, but you could still win the Euro league. I'm actually aiming for that to happen once. ;)

Just playing around with my tactic against psg away drew 3-3 reduced them to 0 longshots but they had 4 ccc's so still playing with it.

Thats sods law aint it reduce st etienne to 0 longshots and 0 ccc's and lose 1-0

EDIT: I think i should eat my hat after all i have been saying Gignac is usless he goes and scores a hat-trick in a 6-0 demolition of Montpellier :D

Just signed Fellaini for £11million and btw Ari Gold how long did he take to settle.

After 10 games or so he was already rating at 7.4 so not too long at all. He's a contributor almost immediately but to get the maximum out of him takes a while. IMO, I am yet to get the most out of him, even though he has 6 goals, 2 assists and 4 MOMs in 10 games for me already. PPM Gets forward whenever possible is key. Shoots with power should come next.

Just lost Fellaini for 2-3 months to a torn hamstring. Going to need Ballack to really step up. Have won all my games since, cept for 0-3 home loss to Inter which we wont go into. The ridiculous thing is I'm still 6 points behind Marseille, who are 12-0-0. Unbelievable considering their first team squad has only 1 striker.

Anyone have any experience with Nasri? He is transfer listed in my game and being french I feel obligated to be interested. Truth is I couldn't possibly even fit him into my system and I have no need for him, but having spent 11m on promising regens I've still got 25m left to spend and nobody decent who really wants to come. Thinking maybe I can loan him out for profit?

Anyone have any experience with Nasri? He is transfer listed in my game and being french I feel obligated to be interested. Truth is I couldn't possibly even fit him into my system and I have no need for him, but having spent 11m on promising regens I've still got 25m left to spend and nobody decent who really wants to come. Thinking maybe I can loan him out for profit?

you would buy him then loan him out?

i would just loan him in as cover as he is a good player when fit

right finally started after chosing a name (another none my name aswell \o/)

not playing the 4-1-1-2-2 i was gonna play but now a simple (well it won't be) 4-2-3-1 with Pjanic the AMC mastermind (meaning he will probably fail)

I also found it difficult to choose a name this time. And when I did it failed tbh. You'll see when I start posting ss.

Yeah it's a long time, but I have 25m and literally nobody who is interested would improve my system (bar an aging Mexes). Figured I might as well stop being a football manager and start being a business one.

Keep your money.

just about to play my first friendly and seeing that i'm lacking quality defenders once again :(

Anderson is going to Sporting in a swap deal involving Vukcevic (granted if Anderson accepts their contract) Boumsong is well Boumsong, Cris is too poor at heading so that leaves Bodmer and the newly signed Reginiussen (my rock)

tough season ahead \o/

I sold Boumsong and Anderson in my first season and got along okay (think I conceded 25 in the league). My defence still needs improvements but sadly Chiellini seems to prefer pizzas to frogs (guess I can't blame him).

Try Sergiy Kryvstov. He's available for just 2.5m over 48 months at the start of the game. He averaged 7.21 as a back up (10 games) last season and is a regular this season with 7.34 from 13 games (currently out injured). He's also a great target man for set pieces if you don't have a Fellaini to aim for.

Personally not a fan of Cris. Barely averaged 7 last season and is 6.96 so far this season. Am keeping him around as a tutor but with one of the regens I picked up there is little chance of him being anything more than a bit bit part player.

If he doesn't fit, you don't get him. Regardless if he's French or not. ;)

Palombo as in the Italian from Sampdoria? He looks a monster DM. Though not sure how many years he will have left in your game as I know you are a few seasons in. Nothing to say about Pazzini really.

Barnet, Jorge Andrade is available on a free at the start of the game. You might want to try him.

Btw, here is the regen defender I was talking about.

http://img44.imageshack.us/img44/9994/88252675.png

I probably don't need Pazzini as i've got Dzeko(been banging them in), Gignac(started to score more often now),Lisandro and Gomis with the likes of tafer, Muniain and lacazette coming through.

Palombo as in the Italian from Sampdoria? He looks a monster DM. Though not sure how many years he will have left in your game as I know you are a few seasons in. Nothing to say about Pazzini really

Palombo is 29 now and yes he is the italian from sampdoria.

Archived