FM10 Official Olympique Lyonnais Thread - Allez L'OL

Lisandro Lopez

I'm into the final third of my second season and i'm already planning my transfer strategy.

I need to bring in a quality DR as Reveillere is declining & Clerc isn't good enough. I would like to bring in Sagna, but will probably need to win the Champions League for him to consider joining.

I need to bring in another DL to either start or back-up Cissoko as Kolo isn't ready yet. Alternatively I could use Bocchetti there and bring in another DC (maybe Sakho).

May also bring in another striker but haven't decided yet.

Does anyone have any suggestions for the DR & DL positions?

I am also in March of my second season and my transfer strategy is the same. Cris, Reveillere and Boumsong are all leaving this summer as they're quite old and not amazing, and my strikers (Lisandro, Chamakh and Welliton) are all really good but not top-drawer like some of the positions in my team (e.g. midfield couldn't be bettered without improbable raids on Barca et al).

My main need is at right back (I would have only Rafinha left) and my no1 target is probably Cristian Zapata. He is an awesome defender and unhappy at Udinese. I might try for Lahm, Maicon or Johnson but not clear any of them will come!

If I have the funds I will try to get Fazio or Felipe for DC cover but I have good players there already - Chiellini, Mexes and Radoi, plus if Cissokho plays then Bocchetti can do well at DC. Think I've just talked myself out of buying a DC actually.

Up front (and unless I sell I can't see myself having the money to get any of these guys) the obvious target is Dzeko although Cavani looks interesting and Aguero is on the wishlist too.

The best DLs in the game (that might come) are Bocchetti, Chiellini, Criscito and Lahm IMO.

• Replies 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just to let all the regulars know from previous Lyon threads, (you know who you are), I will finally be getting the game on Wednesday, (it's when I'm going to have a little free time), and will be probably be getting a Lyon save underway. :thup:

I know you've all missed me. :D

Just to let all the regulars know from previous Lyon threads, (you know who you are), I will finally be getting the game on Wednesday, (it's when I'm going to have a little free time), and will be probably be getting a Lyon save underway. :thup:

Tucker \o/

It's about bloody time ;):D

Any staff advice?

Staff stats vary so much in each game, best to just filter search based on the needed attributes.

And what do you think about Lucas, Jo, Kompany? All set on transfer list.

No to all three.

Anyone with any intelligence knows what I mean

Excluding yourself from that statement then I guess? :D

My god now about to play Saint-Etienne and their formation is 3-4-2-1

They play 4-5-1 on my game, everyone in their own half except one forward left upfront all on his own. :D

You will find against lesser sides in the league that sometimes the team doesn't turn up. Your formation looks fine from that screenshot, although I don't play fluid I either play rigid or balanced.

I think your right. Especially against grenoble foot (my side anyway). Just actually managed to beat them 2-0 first win against them. :cool:

Glad to see you are back tucker. :)

How was the holiday?

Grr damn injuries and suspensions and people away on international duty are taking a big affect at the minute.

Had more then enough injuried myself, Pjanic 8 weeks, sexy 5 weeks, Makoun 5 weeks, Clerc 4 weeks, Di Maria 6 weeks ...

----

Finally reached January. :thup:

Everyone selling Gomis :(

Even though I'm still only on't demo, (not for long now), he has been performing really well. I certainly won't be selling him if he performs half as well for me on the full game. :thup:

He is performing good mate but I'm confident Chamakh will do better. And I only play with one striker upfront so...

Wes Brown?

Michael Dawson?

I think Huddlestone can play CB.

Will look into them.

Everyone selling Gomis :(

Even though I'm still only on't demo, (not for long now), he has been performing really well. I certainly won't be selling him if he performs half as well for me on the full game. :thup:

He was transfer listed by request

Corluka looks pretty good and I might turn to him, again if I can afford him. Spent so much in summers 2009 and 2010 that I'm well in the red at the moment! Such a shame you can't expand the stadium.

Slakey -I think short passing, fluid philosophy, pressing and a relatively compact formation might put too much pressure on your players. Lyon are good but not quite at Arsenal's level IMO. 4-1-3-2 also puts a lot of pressure on the wingbacks and yours aren't quite top-drawer. Also, your strikers are good in the air. Suggest trying 4-4-2 with normal or direct passing. Also, Pjanic is much better at AMC - if you don't want to play with wingers then perhaps try 4-3-1-2 except away against top-drawer opposition.

Perosnally I am playing 4-2-3-1 and it's going very well, though I may change things around this close season to keep things interesting (not sure what to though as my players suit this formation...).

Corluka looks pretty good and I might turn to him, again if I can afford him. Spent so much in summers 2009 and 2010 that I'm well in the red at the moment! Such a shame you can't expand the stadium.

Slakey -I think short passing, fluid philosophy, pressing and a relatively compact formation might put too much pressure on your players. Lyon are good but not quite at Arsenal's level IMO. 4-1-3-2 also puts a lot of pressure on the wingbacks and yours aren't quite top-drawer. Also, your strikers are good in the air. Suggest trying 4-4-2 with normal or direct passing. Also, Pjanic is much better at AMC - if you don't want to play with wingers then perhaps try 4-3-1-2 except away against top-drawer opposition.

Perosnally I am playing 4-2-3-1 and it's going very well, though I may change things around this close season to keep things interesting (not sure what to though as my players suit this formation...).

At least you haven't got long to wait before moving into the new stadium :thup:

What the bloody hell is going on :mad:

It's the Coupe de la Ligue final & I've got 8 players away on international duty :confused: (Lloris, Bocchetti, Mexes, Bodmer, Clerc, Toulalan, Gourcuff & Pjanic).

How can things like this happen?

EDIT: FFS lost 3-1 to FC Lorient :mad:

Okay I've got some decisions to make.

I'll be going with this formation:

1259421016244382.jpg

Right I have scouted and enquired a few RM's. The likes of Aaron Lennon, Gai Assulin, Pedro.

So far I can get Pedro for 4.6m EURO which is his valuation still young at 22, can use either foot (y).

Assulin they want 9m EURO, he's 19 so unsure if he may be too young

Also I can get Henry for 5m EURO if needs be, he had a good first season

League - Apps: 24, Goals: 17, Asts: 4, MoM: 2, Avg R: 8.16

In total - Apps: 35, Goals: 19, Asts: 6, MoM: 3, Avg R: 7.95

I beat Juve, HSV and then Man Utd on the way to my imminent CL Final vs Barca. I don't really expect to win, but I did manage to beat Man Utd 3-1 at Old Trafford so anything seems possible! Gourcoff and Chamakh scored the goals. When I got the second I was SO chuffed, having drawn 1-1 at home in the first leg.

On the right wing I would suggest checking out Obasi, who's got great stats for a winger and is relatively cheap. Affeley and Renato Augusto are very good too!

Good luck Spike!

Good one!

I just won the Champs League! 1-1 with me winning 4-1 on pens. Lloris and Modric once again proved they're my most essential players, with Modders scoring the goal. My defence had a torrid time against their front 3 but somehow no-one got sent off and my managing to retain possession allowed me to see out the draw.

Get in......

I'm being offered Shawcross for 5,980,000EURO. Should I take it?

Only if you need a CB? He's quite decent though.

Okay I've got some decisions to make.

I'll be going with this formation

Right I have scouted and enquired a few RM's. The likes of Aaron Lennon, Gai Assulin, Pedro.

So far I can get Pedro for 4.6m EURO which is his valuation still young at 22, can use either foot (y).

Assulin they want 9m EURO, he's 19 so unsure if he may be too young

Also I can get Henry for 5m EURO if needs be, he had a good first season

League - Apps: 24, Goals: 17, Asts: 4, MoM: 2, Avg R: 8.16

In total - Apps: 35, Goals: 19, Asts: 6, MoM: 3, Avg R: 7.95

I quite like Pedro being two footed, but I haven't had him so I couldn't give you a clear answer. Don't pay 9Million for Gai though.

I have achieved my goal to get to the Semi Finals of the Champions League, where I have been drawn against Barça so I'll probably get knocked out.

Not quite sure how I managed to draw the first leg 0-0 against Atlético Madrid but I did, but we got the deserved away result. Was going to be a perfect night as-well as I had a clean sheet until Bodmer had to go off and I had made all my subs meaning Toulalan had to play at CB and Reyes just had to pop up with a screamer to ruin the clean sheet. Still can't complain eh?

ChampionsLeagueQFSecondLeg.png

Diego was in the stands to asses Lisandro, Di María and Otamendi, I think he was impressed don't you? Seeing as he hasn't called him up yet even though Lisandro is the top Champions League goal scorer and he leads the charts in Ligue 1. :D

Almost finished season one. \o/

I don't need luck, I need a miracle. :D Just don't have the squad to compete, my plan is too pretty much park the bus and when that one chance comes to us in the game I need Lisandro to have it and bury it.

Once I have the funds to complete my defensive structure I'll expect to win the Champions League, for now in season one getting to the semi finals will do. :thup:

Just lost 3-2 in the Champions League SF to Marseille :(

Drew 1-1 at home in a fairly even game. Went to Marseille & destroyed them (60%-40% possession & 20-12 shots) but lost 2-1 :mad:

With four Ligue 1 games left we're 9 points clear. Got St. Etienne in the French Cup SF.

Doh, sorry...

I have now started the second season. Before I go on, I just want to highlight Modric's amazing performance as AML (inside forward attack) last season: 20 goals, 21 assists, Ligue 1 player of the year, Ligue 1 goal of the year, 5.79 dribbles per game. Sick! He was my second top-scorer after Chamakh (21).

Transfers in during the close season were Zapata (£20m), Aguero (£52m), Neymar (£5m). Transfers out Bastos (£5m), Abenzoar (£400k). Somehow I keep getting given loads of cash - certainly winning the Cl and Aulas investing £38m must have helped!

Aguero was MoM on his debut, one goal and one assist.

I am now playing 4-4-2 wide diamond, as follows:

GK (Sweeper defend): Lloris

DR (WB automatic): Zapata

DL (WB automatic): Bocchetti

DC (Stopper defend): Mexes

DC (Cover defend): Chiellini

DMC (DM defend): De Rossi

AMC (Att Playmaker attack): Gourcoff

MR (Winger attack): Arda Turan

MR (Winger attack): Modric

ST (Complete Forward support): Welliton

ST (Poacher attack): Aguero

Apart from Lloris, none of the original players is in the first team :-/ but Toulalan, Lisandro, Pjanic and Cissokho are all pretty much as good as the players in front of them.

Doh, sorry...

I have now started the second season. Before I go on, I just want to highlight Modric's amazing performance as AML (inside forward attack) last season: 20 goals, 21 assists, Ligue 1 player of the year, Ligue 1 goal of the year, 5.79 dribbles per game. Sick! He was my second top-scorer after Chamakh (21).

Transfers in during the close season were Zapata (£20m), Aguero (£52m), Neymar (£5m). Transfers out Bastos (£5m), Abenzoar (£400k). Somehow I keep getting given loads of cash - certainly winning the Cl and Aulas investing £38m must have helped!

Aguero was MoM on his debut, one goal and one assist.

I am now playing 4-4-2 wide diamond, as follows:

GK (Sweeper defend): Lloris

DR (WB automatic): Zapata

DL (WB automatic): Bocchetti

DC (Stopper defend): Mexes

DC (Cover defend): Chiellini

DMC (DM defend): De Rossi

AMC (Att Playmaker attack): Gourcoff

MR (Winger attack): Arda Turan

MR (Winger attack): Modric

ST (Complete Forward support): Welliton

ST (Poacher attack): Aguero

Apart from Lloris, none of the original players is in the first team :-/ but Toulalan, Lisandro, Pjanic and Cissokho are all pretty much as good as the players in front of them.

And I thought I was a big spender :eek:

Can't believe Toulalan isn't a first choice :(

Good luck, although looking at your squad I don't think you'll need it.

Thats harsh spike unlucky. I've won my champions league group with a game to spare. I think that I'll give the youngsters a run out.

It gets worse :(

Just lost 1-0 after extra time to St. Etienne in the French Cup SF. We had 56%-44% possession and 26 shots to 11, and they had 10 men for 67 minutes :mad:

Archived