*official* 2008 us election thread

Daaaaave

• Replies 15.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tbh I don't think 2 years ago I would have believed that a black man would become President in my own lifetime. This is truly a momentous day in history. There probably isn't going to be an event of this sort (in terms of sheer change, scale, and grandeur) in the World until the Queen dies and Charles is crowned King (not that i'm comparing the monumentality of that with this, that would be ridiculous ffs). I guess the last time something like this happened was when Pope John Paul II died and Ratzi became the new one, but that was unique simply because John Paul had reigned for so long and been so widely loved.

I've not really followed this that closely to be honest but watching him now, you realise what a fantastic speaker he is. In front of all those people on such a massive occasion in history, he's in full flow and it's brilliant to watch. How long has he rehearsed this for?

Tuesday, January 20th, 2009 at 12:01 pm

Change has come to WhiteHouse.gov

Welcome to the new WhiteHouse.gov. I'm Macon Phillips, the Director of New Media for the White House and one of the people who will be contributing to the blog.

A short time ago, Barack Obama was sworn in as the 44th president of the United States and his new administration officially came to life. One of the first changes is the White House's new website, which will serve as a place

Starting off with lies!

Tuesday, January 20th, 2009 at 12:01 pm

Change has come to WhiteHouse.gov

Welcome to the new WhiteHouse.gov. I'm Macon Phillips, the Director of New Media for the White House and one of the people who will be contributing to the blog.

A short time ago, Barack Obama was sworn in as the 44th president of the United States and his new administration officially came to life. One of the first changes is the White House's new website, which will serve as a place

Starting off with lies!

it won't serve as a place?

Archived