[FM2009] Headhunter's Lair

Pretended

Welcome to the hideout of database crawlers.

First and most of all, this is no place for strangers who say "buy Diarra and Zapata. put Agüero upfront. They're very good" as a word of advice. It's like saying "buy a Mercedes" when someone asks for your suggestion of a car. Please, go away if that is the case.

Secondly, you need to be running the Huge database option so that we have more heads to hunt.

This is the place for your gem that you dug out of, say, local Ghanaian league, or, say, Mexican 2nd league.

Of course, depending on which league(s) you may have started out with, the presence/availability of players may vary, yet this is an attempt to praise each other's headhunting skills and also a pool of players you'll be likely to get for cheaper amounts of money compared to other players already standing under the spotlight.

For a starter, on my Hoffenheim adventure, only German league loaded (with Huge DB of course), here are 10 random gems that I hope their skills won't show up too random in your game:

Kagisa Dikgacoi (23, DM/MC)

Wissam El Bekri (24, D/WBL)

Michael Morton (19, D/WBR,DM/MC)

Gambo Muhammad (20, ST)

Irenee Kouakou (20, DM/MC)

Tawrick Jibril (16, DM/MC)

Habib Mohammed (24, D/WBL)

Yuval Shpungin (21, D/WBR)

Israel Zaguri (18, MC)

Nicolas Domingo (23, DM/MC)

So why not join the Headhunter's Lair with your very own contributions ?

More to come if shown the interest.

Regards.

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, that was a random pick, Purefun. I'll be happy to add a list that only consists of the other half of the pitch, if you'd like to be convinced.

arsenal_2111, that's why I said "this is no place for you". I'm no giant team player, it's pure boring having helluva money with an already established reputation. What's there to be done ? Splash cash to wonderkids and enjoy FM ? Hell no.

If you recommend/need to be recommended about Agüero, "you need mental training", that's all about it.

On my Parma game i was looking for a backup attacking midfielder when Corinthians offered me Dinelson, a young player on their reserves. Too my surprise his stats were actually nice(especially for a serie B side). He started on like 10-15 games for me and actually performed well enough. However when i got promoted and managed to attract some real talent he found himself on the bench and i had to let him go. Still, a very good pick for a non-Top team, imo.

juan manuel torres

dmc

argentinian

i payed 250k for him for serie A teams....

work permit will be turned down i imagine.. maybe on appeal though

stats are incredible.... like a mini mascherano... check him out ...

over 18's for marking, passing, tackling, pace, acceleration and great mental stats too

ok, thanks guys, i just remember on 08, large and huge were different.

I'm sorry for the vagueness of this post but there's a strikerr who plays internationally for the Saudi Arabia team, decent league 1/championship striker.

Dayro Moreno of Steaua(sp) is an absolute monster and priced quite well

Kabous of Murcia is also a solid midfielder for about £1m

Cicero of Tombense(sp) starts off on loan at Figuerense is also a brillant AMC, not quite as good as he was on last game though

Sergio Marclay and Jan Blazek can team up to be good strikers.

Name: Joaquin Botero

Club: Bolivar

Position: AM/F

Cost: £220K

An experienced attacker who has play 40 games for Bolivia. Good stats in the right places and handy for all Championship teams

boterohh2.th.png

Name: Tsvetomir Todorov

Club: Ascoli

Position: LM/RM/AM/F

Cost: £65K

An excellent signing for smaller clubs who have tight budgets. Proberly a starter at league 1 level, but with the right training should become a lower EPL player. Good set peice taker and very versatile

todorovki5.th.png

Nice thread, thought id add a couple.

I am Everton and I sent my best scout to the deepest, darkest rainforests in and around South America and North America looking for young potential stars (under 21), he came back listing 4 players who had enough potetial to be a Premiership player and 2 good enough to be a leading Premiership star! Here are the 2 leading stars:

Name: Ever Guzman

Position: Striker

Club: Morelia

Nationality: Mexican

Value at start of game: £16k

Cost me: £16k in 1st transfer window of 1st season (1 Sept 2008)

Wages: £2,600 per week

WP: Required and passed 1st time

Scouts quote: Potential to be leading Premiership striker

SS of his current Blackpool loan stats:

qat8ekt0vrq1sk4fy7sk_thumb.jpg

SS of his games played for Everton:

oh2q9c9htxzndd837gb_thumb.jpg

I have real high hopes for Guzman in the future. Learnt English very quickly, average a goal every 2 games for me. He is also Mexicos Under 20's Captain.

Name: Miguel Angel Fraga

Position: Goalkeeper

Club: Morelia

Nationality: Mexican

Value at start of game: £6k

Cost me: £6k in 1st transfer window of 1st season (1 Sept 2008)

Wages: £900 per week

WP: Required and passed 1st time

Scouts quote: Potential to be leading Premiership goalkeeper

SS of his personal stats:

su0r9l5hlx6ncpbmdwk_thumb.jpg

He too, has been on loan at Blackpool earlier in the season and here are his stats for back then:

6nx6gwv0iy9613ix296_thumb.jpg

Im a little concerned with Fraga, I really hope he matches his potential but so far, his average rating in competitive football for me is only 4.90 in an FA cup game against Leeds (drew 2-2) But if he doesnt make it, I only lost £6k transfer!

These players (especially Guzman) are playing for a side fighting for a Champions League place, so any Championship sides would be good to get him (if they can)

Edit:

I forgot to add using 9.2 patch database

Name: Diego Valeri

Position: AMRL

Club: Lanus

Nationality: Argentine

Value at start of game: 1.4M (I think)

Cost me: 2.4M (30th of August 2008)

Wages: 6.5K p/w

WP: Not required iirc because he's half Italian

Scouts quote: has the potential to be as good as Theo Walcott, leading Premiership Midfielder in future. However he's already good in the first season and brilliant back-up for both your left and right wings. He's played 30 times for me in the first season (inc 12 subs) scored twice, got 3 assists and 2 MOM's. with an AVG rating of 6.92

Welcome to the hideout of database crawlers.

First and most of all, this is no place for strangers who say "buy Diarra and Zapata. put Agüero upfront. They're very good" as a word of advice. It's like saying "buy a Mercedes" when someone asks for your suggestion of a car. Please, go away if that is the case.

Secondly, you need to be running the Huge database option so that we have more heads to hunt.

This is the place for your gem that you dug out of, say, local Ghanaian league, or, say, Mexican 2nd league.

Of course, depending on which league(s) you may have started out with, the presence/availability of players may vary, yet this is an attempt to praise each other's headhunting skills and also a pool of players you'll be likely to get for cheaper amounts of money compared to other players already standing under the spotlight.

For a starter, on my Hoffenheim adventure, only German league loaded (with Huge DB of course), here are 10 random gems that I hope their skills won't show up too random in your game:

Kagisa Dikgacoi (23, DM/MC)

Wissam El Bekri (24, D/WBL)

Michael Morton (19, D/WBR,DM/MC)

Gambo Muhammad (20, ST)

Irenee Kouakou (20, DM/MC)

Tawrick Jibril (16, DM/MC)

Habib Mohammed (24, D/WBL)

Yuval Shpungin (21, D/WBR)

Israel Zaguri (18, MC)

Nicolas Domingo (23, DM/MC)

So why not join the Headhunter's Lair with your very own contributions ?

More to come if shown the interest.

Regards.

Nice thread, but i would suggest posting screenshots so we can all see what these players are like :D.

Wow, here I go to sleep and wake up to a bunch of headhunters enjoying the hideout. Welcome !

On behalf of Purefun's request, here is an offense-oriented headhunt list: (Whole list is composed of comparably cheap players whose sell values would range from $100k to ~$3m)

Denis Glushakov (21 / AMC)

Fikru Tefera (22 / ST)

Markus Neumayr (22 / AMRC)

Celso Borges (20 / AMC)

Bennett Chenene (24 / WB/AML)

Pedro Leon (21 / AMRC)

Jose Vizcarra (23 / ST)

Mario Ticinovic (16 / AMRLC)

Robert Lewandowski (19 / FC)

Lammouri Djediat (27 / AMLC)

And here are what I think of the recommendations brought here:

Airton: (unavailable)

Juan Manuel Torres :Obviously a good interceptor with solid attributes except for attacking ones. However the reason I wouldn't buy him is his very low Decisions rating of 9. I'm very well convinced that if one can not decide to do what and when, his abilities don't count much.

Mascio: The new To Madeira of the game, no? :)

Moussa Guindo: Having hunted all through Ivory Coast, Ghana, Cameroon, Nigeria and Senegal, he was a very promising player, yet couldn't make it into my shortlist since he had a Dec of 6. Apart from that, he's a gem -but Decisions is an important one to me.

Yohan Cabaye: I had left very expensive players out of the list on purpose. Ligue 1 is full of solid young guns with dissuadingly mind-blowing values. However this doesn't mean that you may stand a chance to snap him on a free transfer when the time arrives. And Cabaye is one to get just in case.

Dayro Moreno: Although seems mediocre compared to his age that is nearing his full potential, the guy has a pair of skillful feet and distinctive preferred moves. He was great to watch in RL, btw (trashed the hell out of Galatasaray's defense :D).

Abderrahman Kabous: Flawlessly mediocre all over, but too old (with those stats) and too expensive, me thinks.

Cicero: Another great find there with a reasonable price.

Sergio Marclay: (Unavailable)

Jan Blazek: Pacey striker about whom I'm sure to be useful for your team.

Joaquin Botero: Well, uh, you'll get better players on the same price who are a lot younger, I guess.

Tsvetomir Todorov: Versatile yet out-of-any-ideas (Dec: 8) one again. Very young. Would like to see what mental coaching could do for him though.

Ever Guzman: $1.8m here -quite a huge difference compared to the fellow headhunter's. And I reckon his stats -although being the same here- do not promise much improvement.

Miguel Angel Fraga: $1.4m. Too expensive for his current overall status.

Diego Valeri: Although being quite costly ($3.6m here), I'm always fond of lightning wingers and players who are able to use both feet effectively.

Remember please that these are my personal views upon your findings. I've not intended to badmouth them, if done unintentionally, sorry, that was not my intent at all. I hope we'll get along with critics of each other here. :)

Btw, you need panels.fmf trick to get Huge DB in the game. And Huge DB and Large DB are different from each other. In case you need help with panels trick, let me know.

Edit: Typing the readily-found names to see iwhat they are is not the hardest thing to do in your life, no ? :)

Ever Guzman: $1.8m here -quite a huge difference compared to the fellow headhunter's. And I reckon his stats -although being the same here- do not promise much improvement.

Miguel Angel Fraga: $1.4m. Too expensive for his current overall status.

Wow, thanks for the feedback!

Ive got 2 games left this season and Guzman's and Fraga's value still hasnt changed from their purchase prices!

Which season are you in on your save? These prices are from day one of the game. My scouts advised me the price to make my bids at.

The OP is right about IRENEE KOUAKOU, great player right from the start who can be bought for peanuts and is good for championship at least. Another player from ASEC that looks quite good is HAMED DIOMANDE, a DC, who can be bought for less than £100k and looks decent.

Another player I found when I was playing as Cardiff was a Croatian ML called DEJAN SKOLNIK, who plays at Maribor. My scouts gave him a 5 star rating, and he also got a 5 star rating when I bought him for Napoli.

Note: These were all on the 9.1 update I think. Sorry about not providing all the info about the players and screenshots, but I haven't got an FM game running at the moment.

I like this idea for a thread but would be far more interested from a lower league Pov.

For example : English Div 2 and bellow. I always start in the BSN / BSS and nothing frustrates me more than the pure ammount of people who seemingly tirelessly wish to discuss the purchace of Messi and Bojan for thier world breaking (give yourself a bleeding challenge for crying out loud !! ) Chelsea squad.

I also love some of those obscure gems who come out of nowhere to become legends, for example IRL Eric Cantona.

On previous FM games ive landed people for not a lot who have gone onto greatness.

Check out

Ronny Konig, sitting in German obscurity, probably mid 20's at game start. I signed him into the Championship in 08 with my Blyth squad on a free when he was 28 and he was goal a game machine.

I checked his stats and i think he would be worth a punt in fm09.

Thanks, HoPeY.

I'll be back with a bunch o' more players and have glanced at what you fellows have found so far in a couple of hours.

This thread loves gems- those who are affordable and have the potential to turn out to be very good players, if not already. No any other aim intended. Use at your own will -for Chelsea or FC Godforgotwhere Town .

They would/may. "Comparably cheap" is what I want to highlight. But I can assure you that you won't be splashing cash around.

You may find a buy that could cost you no more than $90k (Jose Vizcarra) there while one of them (Kagisa Dikgacoi) could cost you around $5m. The price range is quite vast, yet under a certain line.

Ladies and gents, huw1990 has some interesting finds.

Hamane Diomande: I'm def'ly buying that kid I have yet to see something missing that could damage his competetiveness for a rotation player, at its worst. Great job.

Dejan Skolnik: He has room to "expand". Imagining his physical stats rising for about 2 more points, we got another winner over there as well.

Ronny König: Towering striker who lacks decision (10). And $2m is too much for me for a player of his quality.

Sergey Volkov

Amkar

27 Year Old AMC/AMR/ST

Russian

£500k

Looks quite good especially for a championship or lower premiership team, he has 17 (Dribbling) 16 (Acceleration) 15 (Pace) other stats a bit weak and has a high aggression but he seems good.

Tsvetan Genkov

Dinamo Moscow

24 Years Old ST

Polish

£750k

Looks good with 15 (Finishing) but he did get unsettled easy but scored quite a few for me at Ipswitch

Liam Head

Plymouth Under 18's

16 Years Old ST

English

£775k

At Middlesbough his stats midway through the seasson, he has 14 (Finishing) and other stats looked good,for some reason his price went to 40k i got him for 80k so his price went a bit random at Jan 09 Window.

Maxim Shumailov

Amkar

18 Years Old GK

Russian

Free

His stats looks good for his age and for free he is better than most Championship keeper and may get alot better.

Alexandr Marenich

FC Moscow Reserves

19 Years Old ST

Russian

£925k

14 (Finishing) 14 (Heading) 15 (Composure) 17 (Flair) 13 (Pace) + more he looks quite a find and defently a good striker for the future, or a good striker now for championship sides.

David Ospina

OGC Nice Cote d'Azur

19 Years Old GK

Colombian

£1.6Million

This keepers stats is good and has plenty of potential with the right training.

Sherman Cardenas

Bacaramanga

18 Years Old AML/AMC

Colombian

£80k

16 (Long Shots) and other stats are ok a good championship player.

Charlison Benschop

RKC

18 Years Old ST

Dutch

£575k

15 (Finishing) looks a good player and defently a hard worker for the team as he has stat of (17).

Djordje Lazic

Partizan

25 Years Old AML/AMC

Serbian

£650k

16 (Long Shot) 17 (Passing) + other stats are good quite a good little player.

Yeah I wanted him for my Southport side but he wasnt willing to come, so I thought you could all benefit from him. By the way, I think I have all players from Holland loaded, not sure though so he might not come up on everyones game, you will have to check though.

I like this idea for a thread but would be far more interested from a lower league Pov.

For example : English Div 2 and bellow. I always start in the BSN / BSS and nothing frustrates me more than the pure ammount of people who seemingly tirelessly wish to discuss the purchace of Messi and Bojan for thier world breaking (give yourself a bleeding challenge for crying out loud !! ) Chelsea squad.

I also love some of those obscure gems who come out of nowhere to become legends, for example IRL Eric Cantona.

On previous FM games ive landed people for not a lot who have gone onto greatness.

Check out

Ronny Konig, sitting in German obscurity, probably mid 20's at game start. I signed him into the Championship in 08 with my Blyth squad on a free when he was 28 and he was goal a game machine.

I checked his stats and i think he would be worth a punt in fm09.

Check the Gateshead thread for your BSN/BSS obscure gems:

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=67900

Not extremely obscure, and I don't know why he isn't getting mentioned more.

Name: Christian Benitez

Position: ST

Club: Santos Laguna

Nationality: Ecuador

Value at start of game: 1.5m

Cost me: 1.5m

Wages: 18.5K p/w

WP: Granted on first try, has plenty of caps.

Notes: Scored 10 goals in 12 matches so far for me at QPR. Has stats good enough for low level prem. He also has plenty of potential. A coach with 18/19 CA/PA judge says he would be a good premier player.

Yeah I wanted him for my Southport side but he wasnt willing to come, so I thought you could all benefit from him. By the way, I think I have all players from Holland loaded, not sure though so he might not come up on everyones game, you will have to check though.

First game he scored and got an 8.4. Thank you! :D

Day 3 in the Headhunter's Lair and here are some more of my recommendations. Below are my very recent transfers to Hoffe, so I'll be able to experience their performances :

Emmanuel Cerda (21 / AMR/ST)

Israel Chango (19 / MR)

Dwayne Miller (20 /GK)

Didi Torrico (20 DM/MC)

Luis Hernandez (27 / DM/MLC)

**Marvin Angulo Borbon (21 / D/WBR/MR)**

Mario Gomez (27 / D/ML)

Joel Galan (29 D/ML)

Keith Kelly (25 / AMRLC)

Gerson Chacon (27 / D/MR)

Luciano Civelli (21 / D/WB/ML)

Domagoj Vida (19 D/WBR/DM/MC)

..And here comes your suggestions:

Sergey Volkov: (Unavailable)

Tsveton Genkov: A bit more decision and he'd be a good choice. He's too pricey for his profile in my game though -$4.1m.

Liam Head: Definitely young and gigantic (191m - 95kg), however I'm unable to see his potential. He ain't got neat attributes despite his young age (too much attrib. under 10) and his determination of 9 may axe his possibilities of improvement.

Maxim Shumailov: Although he's contracted to Amkar, he doesn't have a value. That makes him an absolute target for lower league clubs indeed. Apart from his creeping decision stat of 5, he's young and able enough for his calibre of clubs.

Alexandr Marenich: (Unavailable)

David Ospina: Aah "good old" Ospina. No, no, not that he's old indeed, he's only 19. This is the third FM game that I'm aware of his presence and quality, that's why I called him "good old". Valued $3m contracted to Nice, he'll be hard (dear) to sign.

Sherman Cardenas: Another boy from the gem field called Colombia -where was obviously "nerfed" in this version. We were eager to his his performances in FM '07, because he was so young and skillful. However his performances had shown nothing special and he had ended up as a disappointment for us. He has low anticipation and decisions here (10-11 respectively) although overall he still seems promising.

Charlison Benschop: (Unavailable)

Djordje Lazic: (Unavailable)

Ugur Yildirim: In RL, he was a couple of times had been touted as an emerging master of football. He had won several freekick competitions, and being a Turkish he found himself in Gaziantepspor. IIRC, he had some concerning problems with his eyes and that's why he never made any slight intoduction of his presence and eventually he was released for free. He's one of the good ones among the uncontracted ones at the start of the game though.

Idir Ouali (R.E. Mouscron) Belgium team so make sure you have loaded up Belgium Leagues :D

Makes sure of that and load Huge Database too.

http://img228.imageshack.us/img228/971/ouali2ht0.png

Ok some stats are poor (Passing etc...) but for a player who plays like Agbonlahor with 18 pace but his finishing is alot better than Gabbie's, just get him to run and chance for the ball he will score alot for you

http://img70.imageshack.us/img70/9485/janblazekik2.png

I compaired this Guy to Fabregas, this guy has the same pace and stuff as him and near same passing (Fabregas has 1 more at 19) other stats are near the same or just a bit below for Ondrej but still for the price he could provide plenty of goals.

http://img139.imageshack.us/img139/5950/ondrejsy4.png

Has anyone found players that can be got on frees or less than £2K and are willing to come to Blue Square North? Im struggling now and need help, especially for RB's. Any help would be great :D

Its hard to get a gem thats free, but there is some good freebies.

* Nino (Brazil 22yr)

* Arkaitz Aguirre (Spainish 19yr) cannot see stats but hes in the Alves main section so shud be good for ure team.

* Chris Blackburn (Aldershot 25yr) if you can stretch to 16k lol

*Djibril Diawara (Franch 33yr) Free but great stats its just his age but can get a yr or too out of him.

Archived