[FM2009] Headhunter's Lair

Pretended

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Having used a lot of the players listed in this topic it's time I give something back. I have just completed my second game (5 seasons) in patch 9.03 and these are some of the players I used during that time that can be recommended. Most, if not all, of these players are willing to go to the championship.

The ss aren't from the 1st transfer window though, most of them are from the beginning of 2010.

Name: Bogdan Shust

Position: GK

Club: Shaktar

Nationality: Ukraine

Cost: €525k in the 1st transfer window

Description: Good young goalkeeper at a reasonable price, even in the beginning can be a starter at most lower prem/cship teams.

Headhunter rating: ****

Name: Asmir Begovic

Club: Portsmouth Reserves

Nationality: Canada

Cost: €375k in the 1st transfer window

Description: Not quite at Shust's level but he's cheaper and younger and doesn't ask for much.

Headhunter rating: ***

Name: Silviu Lung jr

Club: U Craiova

Nationality: Romania

Cost: €40k in the 1st transfer window

Description: Cheaper and younger than the previous 2 GKs this is one for the future. Cheap wages.

Name: Josh Lambo

Club: FC Dallas

Nationality: USA/Greece

Cost: €8k in the 1st transfer window

Description: For obvious reasons in the beginning of the game he's terrible, but grows into one fine goalkeeper provided he doesn't get injured a lot.

Name: Peter Masilela

Position: DL/WBL

Club: M. Haifa

Nationality: South Africa

Cost: €300k in the 1st transfer window

Description: Well known player that hasn't been mentioned here yet. Doesn't cost much initially though there is a lot of competition so you should try offering a bit more than the other clubs to have a good shot at signing him. His ambitious nature makes it hard to hold him, but in the worst case scenario he's still a decent fullback for the first season and a bag full of money for the second.

Name: Sergey Parshivlyuk

Position: DR/WBR/MR

Club: Spartak Moscow

Nationality: Russia

Cost: €200k in the 1st transfer window

Description: A gem of a youngster that stays happy with low wages and develops into a great player. I normally deploy him as a DR, but he's just as good as a MR.

Name: Michael Morton

Position: DR/WBR/DM

Club: Orlando Pirates

Description: Cheap, young versatile player with good potential in every position up to the midfield except GK, from my experience works best as DR. Just check his stats if you don't believe me.

Name: Dorian Andronic

Position: DC

Club: FC Vaslui

Cost: €100k in the 1st transfer window

Description: He's not great I'll give you that, but he's young tall and cheap. He'll also be content with low wages, so after a few seasons you can sell him for a tidy profit (after 2 seasons I sold him for 6.2m +20% of the next sale).

Headhunter rating: **

Name: Cristián Suárez

Position: DC/DM

Club: Unión San Felipe

Nationality: Chile

Cost: €9k in the 1st transfer window

Description: An improved version of Andronic, with stats in all the right places and with high jumping and heading this guy is already decent in the beginning but 2 seasons into the game you'll have a good premiership level DC in this guy.

Name: Jan Rajnoch

Club: Mlada Boleslav

Nationality: Czech Republic

Cost: Got him in July 2009 for €600k he was transfer listed for that price. Started from an earlier save and he also got transfer listed for the same price so I'm, guessing that always happens

Description: A great central defender at his peak for €600k? This guy is solid as a rock and he only asked me for €20k/month. After 1 season I had to deal with major offers from major clubs. But i should let the stats do the talking.

Name: Jonathan McKain

Club: Wellington Phoenix

Nationality: Australia

Description: Good developed DC with an equally good price tag. A welcome addition to most sides, even if just for the profit you can make after just half a season

Name: Anas Sharbini

Position: ML/AML/AMC

Club: Rijeka

Nationality: Croatia

Cost: €800k in the 1st transfer window, or about half that in the 2nd

Description: Good prospect that starts as a decent player and evolves to a good creative one, plays best as a AMC but is almost as good as a AML/ML.

Name: Marek Sapara

Position: MC/AMC

Club: Rosenborg

Nationality: Slovakia

Cost: €1.1m in the 1st transfer window

Description: Great technique, passing, free kicks (scored 6 goals from freekicks in my first season) and mental stats. Developed. Doesn't make any trouble and the fans tend to like him. The best part? In 9.03 you can get get him for €1.1m. Compared to some of the other players it might seem expensive, but this guy is worth at least 5 times that, trust me. Or better yet, check the stats.

Headhunter rating: ****1/2

Name: Álvaro González

Position: DM/MR/MC

Club: Defensor Sporting

Nationality: Uruguay

Cost: €320k in the 1st transfer window, only joins in the second season

Description: A strong MR with a lot of room for improvement, when he joins you his value will have increased threefold, but his real strength is on the pitch. He's a work horse, and if properly trained will put in some good performances.

Name: Mario Bolatti

Position: DM/MC

Club: Porto

Nationality: Argentina

Cost: €600-700k in the 2nd summer, gets transfer listed as soon as he rejoins Porto (he's loaned out during the first).

Description: A monster of a DM, tall with great physical stats for a reasonable price. His mental stats aren't bad either. There's not much competition for his contract so you can play rough when negotiating the wages.

Headhunter rating: ***1/2

Name: Mario Vrancic

Position: AML/AMR/MC

Club: Mainz

Nationality: Bosnia/Germany/Croatia

Cost: €600k in the 1st transfer window

Description: Best used on the wings this kid gets good soon so don't be fooled by the stats (he's either footed) , after a couple of seasons he's able to play for almost every team.

Name: Nikola Kalinic

Position: ST

Club: Hajduk

Nationality:Croatia

Description: In 9.03 good old Kalinic apparently got quite a boost. In my game he's just as good as Lewandowski, bagging 20 a year by himself and after 2 seasons I was refusing offers of €15m and after 3 I sold him for €25m+ clauses. In the meantime he was scoring for fun even against big clubs.

Name: Aram Khalili

Club: Start

Nationality:Norway/Iraq

Cost: €180k in the 1st transfer window

Description: Even though he doesn't reach the mercurial heights of Lewandowski and Kalinic he still manages to be a good player. Starts young (and cheap), after a season or two he becomes mid prem quality .

Sorry for the huge post.

Having used a lot of the players listed in this topic it's time I give something back. I have just completed my second game (5 seasons) in patch 9.03 and these are some of the players I used during that time that can be recommended. Most, if not all, of these players are willing to go to the championship.

The ss aren't from the 1st transfer window though, most of them are from the beginning of 2010.

Name: Bogdan Shust

Club: Shaktar

Nationality: Ukraine

Cost: €525k in the 1st transfer window

Description: Good young goalkeeper at a reasonable price, even in the beginning can be a starter at most lower prem/cship teams.

Name: Asmir Begovic

Club: Portsmouth Reserves

Nationality: Canada

Description: Not quite at Shust's level but he's cheaper and younger and doesn't ask for much.

Name: Silviu Lung jr

Club: U Craiova

Description: Cheaper and younger than the previous 2 GKs this is one for the future. Cheap wages.

Name: Josh Lambo

Club: FC Dallas

Nationality: USA/Greece

Cost: €8k in the 1st transfer window

Description: For obvious reasons in the beginning of the game he's terrible, but grows into one fine goalkeeper provided he doesn't get injured a lot.

Name: Peter Masilela

Position: DL/WBL

Club: M. Haifa

Cost: €300k in the 1st transfer window

Description: Well known player that hasn't been mentioned here yet. Doesn't cost much initially though there is a lot of competition so you should try offering a bit more than the other clubs to have a good shot at signing him. His ambitious nature makes it hard to hold him, but in the worst case scenario he's still a decent fullback for the first season and a bag full of money for the second.

Name: Sergey Parshivlyuk

Position: DR/WBR/MR

Club: Spartak Moscow

Nationality: Russia

Cost: €200k in the 1st transfer window

Description: A gem of a youngster that stays happy with low wages and develops into a great player. I normally deploy him as a DR, but he's just as good as a MR.

Name: Michael Morton

Position: DR/WBR/DM

Description: Cheap, young versatile player with good potential in every position up to the midfield except GK, from my experience works best as DR. Just check his stats if you don't believe me.

Name: Dorian Andronic

Cost: €100k in the 1st transfer window

Description: He's not great I'll give you that, but he's young tall and cheap. He'll also be content with low wages, so after a few seasons you can sell him for a tidy profit (after 2 seasons I sold him for 6.2m +20% of the next sale).

Headhunter rating: **

Name: Cristián Suárez

Club: Unión San Felipe

Nationality: Chile

Cost: €9k in the 1st transfer window

Description: An improved version of Andronic, with stats in all the right places and with high jumping and heading this guy is already decent in the beginning but 2 seasons into the game you'll have a good premiership level DC in this guy.

Name: Jan Rajnoch

Club: Mlada Boleslav

Nationality: Czech Republic

Cost: Got him in July 2009 for €600k he was transfer listed for that price. Started from an earlier save and he also got transfer listed for the same price so I'm, guessing that always happens

Description: A great central defender at his peak for €600k? This guy is solid as a rock and he only asked me for €20k/month. After 1 season I had to deal with major offers from major clubs. But i should let the stats do the talking.

Name: Jonathan McKain

Club: Wellington Phoenix

Nationality: Australia

Description: Good developed DC with an equally good price tag. A welcome addition to most sides, even if just for the profit you can make after just half a season

Name: Anas Sharbini

Position: ML/AML/AMC

Club: Rijeka

Nationality: Croatia

Cost: €800k in the 1st transfer window, or about half that in the 2nd

Description: Good prospect that starts as a decent player and evolves to a good creative one, plays best as a AMC but is almost as good as a AML/ML.

Name: Marek Sapara

Position: MC/AMC

Club: Rosenborg

Nationality: Slovakia

Description: Great technique, passing, free kicks (scored 6 goals from freekicks in my first season) and mental stats. Developed. Doesn't make any trouble and the fans tend to like him. The best part? In 9.03 you can get get him for €1.1m. Compared to some of the other players it might seem expensive, but this guy is worth at least 5 times that, trust me. Or better yet, check the stats.

Name: Álvaro González

Position: DM/MR/MC

Club: Defensor Sporting

Nationality: Uruguay

Cost: €320k in the 1st transfer window, only joins in the second season

Description: A strong MR with a lot of room for improvement, when he joins you his value will have increased threefold, but his real strength is on the pitch. He's a work horse, and if properly trained will put in some good performances.

Name: Mario Bolatti

Position: DM/MC

Club: Porto

Nationality: Argentina

Cost: €600-700k in the 2nd summer, gets transfer listed as soon as he rejoins Porto (he's loaned out during the first).

Description: A monster of a DM, tall with great physical stats for a reasonable price. His mental stats aren't bad either. There's not much competition for his contract so you can play rough when negotiating the wages.

Name: Mario Vrancic

Position: AML/AMR/MC

Club: Mainz

Nationality: Bosnia/Germany/Croatia

Cost: €600k in the 1st transfer window

Description: Best used on the wings this kid gets good soon so don't be fooled by the stats (he's either footed) , after a couple of seasons he's able to play for almost every team.

Name: Nikola Kalinic

Club: Hajduk

Nationality:Croatia

Description: In 9.03 good old Kalinic apparently got quite a boost. In my game he's just as good as Lewandowski, bagging 20 a year by himself and after 2 seasons I was refusing offers of €15m and after 3 I sold him for €25m+ clauses. In the meantime he was scoring for fun even against big clubs.

Name: Aram Khalili

Club: Start

Nationality:Norway/Iraq

Cost: €180k in the 1st transfer window

Description: Even though he doesn't reach the mercurial heights of Lewandowski and Kalinic he still manages to be a good player. Starts young (and cheap), after a season or two he becomes mid prem quality .

Sorry for the huge post.

Great post - some tasty finds there. Checking them out now!

There are some great finds in this thread. I give credit to everyone that puts their time and effort into finding great stars, that are hiding on FM.

A few more found recently, theses are all on 9.03 so stats may differ on other patches.

Name: Antonio Barragan

Position: D/WBR

Club: Deportivo B

Nationality: Spanish

Value: £275,000

Maybe not too unknown but looks a decent full back for his age and value.

http://i693.photobucket.com/albums/vv292/Liam_1one1/Barragan.jpg

Name: Dusan Kuciak

Nationality: Slovakian

Value: £825,000

Fairly decent goalkeeper, only found him at the end of the first season so maybe could be got for cheaper at the beginning.

http://i693.photobucket.com/albums/vv292/Liam_1one1/Kuciak.jpg

Name: Pavel Nekhaychik

Position: AMRL

Club: Bate

Nationality: Belarus

Value: £375,000

Young winger with good Pace and Determination. Again only found at the end of the first season, he can be bought for about £100,000 at the beginning.

http://i693.photobucket.com/albums/vv292/Liam_1one1/Nekhaychik.jpg

nice finds.... barragan though is hardly evr that cheap... end of season 1 on my game and he's worth 4 million... guess he didnt do too well on yours... good potential on him though..

especially if your liverpool as theres a buy back agreement

nice finds.... barragan though is hardly evr that cheap... end of season 1 on my game and he's worth 4 million... guess he didnt do too well on yours... good potential on him though..

especially if your liverpool as theres a buy back agreement

No its from my Barca game. Playing in Spain, he never broke into the first team last season, maybe thats why. Not bought him myself but he did look decent. maybe having the Spanish league up would help push the price down.

Name: Eghishe Melikyan

Position: Defender/Wing Back (Right, Left)

Club: Banants

Nationality: Armenia

Value: Can be signed for £9,000 in 1st season

Dangerous attacking full-back who can create goals galore. Quick, strong, technical player who can be signed for peanuts and already an experienced international.

Allrighty, beautiful thread and I'd like to make a contribution with a couple of decent players.

First of is John Goossens and a quick search here on the forumes showed that he was quite the player on '08, but there was no mention of him after '09 was released. He still go some amazing stats except for his physical and you could probably retrain to a winger for some decent cover. He seems to be a cheap option as the AI bought him from NEC for 400k between the first and second season.

My second player is growing to be one of my favourites. As Goossens, he hasn't been mentioned after the release of '09 but he certainly deserves it. He is in his 4th season in my team after I picked him up for 850k and he has averaged an impressive 7.15 up till now. Adding over 20 goals to that and I can safely say that he is a cracking MCa with some tasty attributes. Take notice of the anticipation, composure and finishing-combo that allows him to sneak into the box unmarked and calmly converts the cross into the net. Beautiful!

John Goossens & History

Semir Stilic & History

• 3 weeks later...

Name: Teko Modise

Position: AMC

Nationality: South African

Value: £375,000

A bargain for Championship teams, he's consistent and will get a few assists. He also speaks English so he should settle in quite quickly.

Don't know if I'm at a low enough club at NK Dinamo, considering they're one of the big two or three in Croatia, but considering their stature in European football compared with say, Man Utd, I figure it counts. (As a side note, I was 5 minutes away from knocking Benfica out of the UEFA Cup, having come back from 2-0 down in both legs to be 5-4 up before they scored 2 late goals at their place.)

I picked up a pretty reliable Mexican midfielder called Juan Pablo Rodríguez from Santos Laguna for £2m (can't remember his original valuation, but it wasn't far off the price I paid). Considering he's primarily a DM, I think a return of 16 goals in 26 appearances is pretty amazing! Admittedly, about half of those were penalties, but it's still good all the same. He's becoming one of my unreplaceable players, which considering I can only have 4 non-Croatian players on the pitch at once is no mean feat.

Archived