Razor Tactic: a very consistent diamond tactic.

Are you struggling to build a solid tactic?

I've built a tactic, or better 2 tactics based on a 4 4 2 diamond that have been very successful for me.

One is more offensive, the other one is more balanced.

2814580890103394562S500x500Q85.jpg

I used them with Plymouth and Dundee United.

Some achievements I reached:

Plymouth: I won the treble with Plymouth ( premiership, champions league, fa cup) in my third year with them.:eek:

Dundee United: won scottish premiership two times in my first two years plus two league cup and a scottish cup.

In my second year I lost in the champions cup semifinals to Real Madrid.

I'm not saying to you this is a super tactic, but if you use it in the right manner with the right players (however you don't need a team full of world class players, cause such players are not going to come to Plymouth or Dundee United! :D) you could reach some achievements.

If you like to download them or read some info about how to use them you need to go to my blog:

THE WAY I PLAY

If you have some comments or some questions, you could leave them on my blog.

You could also leave your comments in this thread but I'm not here so often so you'll need to wait some days for an answer.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

higgins: those are some very impressive results mate! Well done.

As a Scot, I know how difficult it is to dislodge the Old Firm dominance, but I've never done it in my first season!!!

I've got a Partick Thistle game going that I've been struggling with since the 9.2 patch. I might give your tactics a go to see if they can do for me what they did for you.

One thing I have noticed is how busy you were in the transfer market, what main attributes did you look for in each player?

Ok guys, I see many questions, I'll try to give you some answers.

You can download my tactic from here: The way I play

So I'm not going to post any player instructions screen here, I think it's easier to download it and have a look to my settings. ;)

Regarding the strikers setup: the right one should be a strong one (strenght 15 or more, depending on the level you're playing), better if he has some heading ability, plus finishing and passing.

The left striker is your poacher striker, finishing, composure and dribbling, if he's fast it's better but the tactic works also with a striker not so quick.

The Amc plays in his natural position, in the hole, he's your creative man, passing, decision and creativity are required, I gave him free role

The dmc is your holding player, he often plays as your fith defender but should also be able to restart the action, position, tackling, aggression, teamwork, work rate and passing are the required skills.

Your right back and left back touch a lot of balls, so they need passing, position, tackling anticipation plus some pace and heading, they don't have to go forward very often.

Your wingers must run often with the ball, so pace, dribbling, balance and cross are preferred.

If they have some finishing (at least one of them, left or right is the same) they could shoot when they cut in.

Crossing is obviously welcome.

The dc's need pace (12 or more), heading (15 or more) marking (13 or more) tackling (13 or more) composure & concentration (10 or more) and passing (10 or more)

Pay attention that your players have at least an 10-11 in teamwork.

2814580890103394562S500x500Q85.jpg

thanks buddy, again, you mentioned that that Tempo, Defensive Line, Time wasting and sometimes Width can change the game? If I am correct, by playing slower and more time wasting will have better clear chances. Is that right? What others are there?

Been to your blog, don't know really how to ask you questions...but love your blog! You have done it! Without spending much, you have won it all!!!

thanks buddy, again, you mentioned that that Tempo, Defensive Line, Time wasting and sometimes Width can change the game? If I am correct, by playing slower and more time wasting will have better clear chances. Is that right? What others are there?

Been to your blog, don't know really how to ask you questions...but love your blog! You have done it! Without spending much, you have won it all!!!

You can ask me what you want clicking on comments!

What you said about tempo and time wasting is correct, but pay attention cause if you have not the right player (ex. if they can't defend the ball when they're under pressure) your opponents could steal you lots of balls.

The defensive line is a powerful tool:if you raise that you could put some pressure to your opponents, starting to defend higher on the pitch but you could be exposed to quick counter attacks, so be careful and remember to employ fast defenders.

Otherwise if you lower your line you could invite your opponent to you and you'll be ready to launch a counter attack, but if you're too low you will be put under too much pressure.

As you see every setting has pro & cons, you have to find the right balance.

In my tactics I set my def line quite in the middle (from 8 to 13-14).

Let me know how my tactic works for you: start using the balanced one away from home and the more aggressive for your home matches; then if you're the weaker side you could use the first also for your home games.

Absolute quality !

I started a season with At Madrid with my own tactic, we played pretty well, beat Barca 2:0, haven't lost a single game... And then came Champions League game against Arsenal.. Like many other times, we were destroyed 5:3 at home.

Then I decided to try your tactic but I didn't have no amc players so I changed position of amc to mc with attacking arrow... It was a good decision. My mc's Toulalan and Raul Garcia destroyed other teams with goals and assists..

Anyway, with just some tweaking in away games I am now still unbeaten in December, won Real away, won Arsenal away...

Probably the best tactic out there. Btw I play with a new patch.

Thanks for this wonderful tactic mate.

atletish1.th.jpg

formationvm8.th.jpg

I'm going to try this tactic with my beloved hearts it sounds amazing! :)

Good choice Gee, if you need for some cheap players to fit this tactic have a look at the players I bought for my Dundee side on my blog!

Let me know how this works for you.

Absolute quality !

I started a season with At Madrid with my own tactic, we played pretty well, beat Barca 2:0, haven't lost a single game... And then came Champions League game against Arsenal.. Like many other times, we were destroyed 5:3 at home.

Then I decided to try your tactic but I didn't have no amc players so I changed position of amc to mc with attacking arrow... It was a good decision. My mc's Toulalan and Raul Garcia destroyed other teams with goals and assists..

Anyway, with just some tweaking in away games I am now still unbeaten in December, won Real away, won Arsenal away...

Probably the best tactic out there. Btw I play with a new patch.

Thanks for this wonderful tactic mate.

atletish1.th.jpg

formationvm8.th.jpg

Can you give us the tweaked away tactic you made??

so version 1.0 for home games, version 1.1 for away games?

Well, I don't know the settings tweaked by Kalwados, but version 1.1 of my tactic never gave me any problems away, if it doesn't work for you, try to play with tempo & def. line, of course the perfect setting is linked to the way your opponent is playing.

I repeat that I never touched players instructions.

Well, I don't know the settings tweaked by Kalwados, but version 1.1 of my tactic never gave me any problems away, if it doesn't work for you, try to play with tempo & def. line, of course the perfect setting is linked to the way your opponent is playing.

I repeat that I never touched players instructions.

I want to give your tactics a try with Feyenoord

Which tactic you use in away games? and in home games?

Thanks

hello higgins!!

i'm french and my english is not good!!

i just want know how see you if you must change the tempo or the defensive line..etc?

you can answer me with simple words please?

thanks

If the tactic is working you don't need to change anything!

If you have some problems the try some little tweaks to tempo and defensive line, but don't change too much.

This looks sensational. Well done.

Just one or two questions.

1. Do you use opponent instructions ?

2. Would you please describe one or two situations where you would tweak Tempo / Defensive Line / Width etc ?

3. What do you do when AI goes for a 4-2-4 ?

Thanks, and again well done !

http://www.foto-uploaden.nl/upload/f0916a64bacb9eecc2514838ea9c0ba3.jpg

This is your away tactic, as u can see u using onto to foot/feet ;p without a target man, Can u please explain that. ty

Yes sir, there's a reason for that, during away games I need my stronger striker to act as a target man to let the team go forward on the pitch, so I set him ( my right striker) as my target man, without having target man box ticked in the team settings (this let my system of play to be less flat!)

You may think this is controversial :D but it's not.

You will see that often your gk (if he has good passing stat) look for a direct pass to the striker set as your target man.

Yes sir, there's a reason for that, during away games I need my stronger striker to act as a target man to let the team go forward on the pitch, so I set him ( my right striker) as my target man, without having target man box ticked in the team settings (this let my system of play to be less flat!)

You may think this is controversial :D but it's not.

You will see that often your gk (if he has good passing stat) look for a direct pass to the striker set as your target man.

So you always choose a target man in away games, right? And supplying to feet do you leave, although he's strong?

This looks sensational. Well done.

Just one or two questions.

1. Do you use opponent instructions ?

2. Would you please describe one or two situations where you would tweak Tempo / Defensive Line / Width etc ?

3. What do you do when AI goes for a 4-2-4 ?

Thanks, and again well done !

1 Seldom, but some times could be useful, but try to target only few opponent players, to be more effective.

2 For example when you play home and your favourite versus a weker side but you're not able to create chances cause your opponent has built a solid defensive game: so you should try to open up your play (raise your tempo and go wider, trying to disrupt their defense, your amc will become more dangerous!

I don't mean a major change, only 3-4 clicks on the right in this case.

3 Absolutely nothing, I think that AI 424 is largely overrated, if you see some issues from this just raise your team wasting in the last 15 min.

Are we supposed to drag a target man into the place whre you can put players like one "box" you put target man players and one place you put playmakers. But without ticking?

Also i wonder one thing. Do you ever use Oppositions instruction?

Look at Senturk response for target man, no playmaker anyway.

Ok, thanks.

So if i was to say create 4 tactics from your two i might...

1.0 for home

1.1 for away / slightly tougher opponents

1.2 (with slightly wider and higher tempo - 3,4 Clicks) for a bit more attacking

1.3 (with slightly narrower and lower tempo - 3-4 Clicks) for a bit more defensive

For 4-2-4 if struggling might go flat 4-4-2 with forward runs taken off full backs and higher time wasting ?

Target man in list applied in 1.1 & 1.3

Basically i'm being a bit lazy and trying to get a few presets to switch between rather than tweaking !

Would be great to get your thoughts...

i've played 5 games with this tactic on my hudderfield team in season 1 on the 9.0.2 patch.

i'm 30 games in and currently 2nd in league 1.

i won 4 out of 5 games using the razor1 1.0 tactic i haven't made any changes and the only quality i've got really in my team in the loan signing's i've made

i'm very happy the way this tactic plays thanks for sharing Razor

i've played 5 games with this tactic on my hudderfield team in season 1 on the 9.0.2 patch.

i'm 30 games in and currently 2nd in league 1.

i won 4 out of 5 games using the razor1 1.0 tactic i haven't made any changes and the only quality i've got really in my team in the loan signing's i've made

i'm very happy the way this tactic plays thanks for sharing Razor

I'm happy for you.

Hey Higgins

Is both tactics after the 9.20 patch or ??

As he mentioned about 10 times before, it was created with 9.1 but still works fine with 9.2. Also for me. Class of tactics Higgins, I love the football my team plays with it. Both thumbs up

Ok, thanks.

So if i was to say create 4 tactics from your two i might...

1.0 for home

1.1 for away / slightly tougher opponents

1.2 (with slightly wider and higher tempo - 3,4 Clicks) for a bit more attacking

1.3 (with slightly narrower and lower tempo - 3-4 Clicks) for a bit more defensive

For 4-2-4 if struggling might go flat 4-4-2 with forward runs taken off full backs and higher time wasting ?

Target man in list applied in 1.1 & 1.3

Basically i'm being a bit lazy and trying to get a few presets to switch between rather than tweaking !

Would be great to get your thoughts...

I see your point, I don't know if this could work, just try and let me know!

I prefer starting with 2 preset tactics and then fix them depending on what I see on the pitch, I think it's more flexible.

Archived