Crash Burns at 24th July

Yes, i read that SI are well aware of this, hence i posted on this forum room, but what i couldn't find anywhere to read was:

1.Are they going to release a patch to fix it anytime soon or we should wait till like January?

2.If i just don't select Serie C, will it be fixed for sure? Any other solutions?

Thanks

Well, without knowing the exact details it may be possible it doesn't always happen, but I'd say there's a fairly good chance it will, since it's already happened to me and two of my mates. (Out of the three who bought the game and have played through the first season already, the guy who didn't have a crash happening isn't running Serie C.)

I've had no problems and im running Serie C...finished 2 seasons, so gone past 24th twice.

Maybe its something to do with steam vs. unilock as only some are getting this?

I got mine via unilock

Me too! I have got mine through unilock and I am playing 10 nations with Serie C2 and above. The game did not crash.

this is the worst kind of bug to fix, one that doesn't even appear to happen the same to 2 people doing the exact same thing. SI will probably need to do a LOT of testing to make sure they haven't just been lucky and have it not happen, like some people in this thread.

I've deselected Serie C in my game so that it won't happen, but obviously that is not ideal, I really wanted to play as Pro Vercelli again.

why doesnt 1 person save their game the day before and upload it and send it to Sports Interactive so they can run it and check it out ? Surely that's the thing to do. Maybe I am wrong, I don't know

SI will probably need to do a LOT of testing to make sure they haven't just been lucky and have it not happen, like some people in this thread..

Post it into the bugs forum and upload your saved game via ftp, that way the SI testers can look into it.

why doesnt 1 person save their game the day before and upload it and send it to Sports Interactive so they can run it and check it out ? Surely that's the thing to do. Maybe I am wrong, I don't know

They have, and SI fixed what was happening in that case. Hopefully thats it and we can get a 9.1.1 soon, but the game still needs testing. The team will be reluctant to add patches constantly as it means supporting more versions of the game. They will do a lot of testing and will probably need to discuss whether to make the next patch a quick one next week or a large one in 3 weeks. A large one in 3 weeks allows them to get quite a few fixes in there in one go, whereas releasing lots of little patches can mean instability as they dont get tested as much.

this is the worst kind of bug to fix, one that doesn't even appear to happen the same to 2 people doing the exact same thing. SI will probably need to do a LOT of testing to make sure they haven't just been lucky and have it not happen, like some people in this thread.

I've deselected Serie C in my game so that it won't happen, but obviously that is not ideal, I really wanted to play as Pro Vercelli again.

They have fixed it but we have to wait for the next patch.

I quote Gavin at 100%, as it appears as a "random" crash, this kind of bug is dangerous and difficult to fix :thup:

The Italian fmita community is (unofficially, only "playing" of course... :D) "testing" this one and I can tell you only a few guys found it in their games and ALL of them selected serie C... I read the post sirgiorgio linked, but it happened to none of us, so every "tester" is welcome, waiting for SI's fix/patch :thup:

I quote Gavin at 100%, as it appears as a "random" crash, this kind of bug is dangerous and difficult to fix :thup:

The Italian fmita community is (unofficially, only "playing" of course... :D) "testing" this one and I can tell you only a few guys found it in their games and ALL of them selected serie C... I read the post sirgiorgio linked, but it happened to none of us, so every "tester" is welcome, waiting for SI's fix/patch :thup:

Hmm, weird.. Certainly would help if we could narrow the cause of the bug a bit more, since it has happened to all my friends so far who did run Serie C. All of us have the digitally downloaded Steam version of the game, but I honestly don't see how this would affect the game in any way. :confused:

Perhaps someone from SI or testing team could shed some more light into this? I'm a bit worried it might happen even in my new game as well as the first one, since this seems to be more random than I assumed previously..

Actually.. I think I'll just save up, go on holiday and see what happens just to be sure.

Why can't they just upload the fixed file som people can come forward! :O

Now I paid 320 kr for the game, I want a game that WORK!!!!!!!!!!!!! :(

Embarrassing SI ...

Ehi, mate, let's try not to live again the psycho drama :D of last year's registration bug in Spain/Portugal...

I think SI is working hard to fix every problem we found, the patch will come as soon as possible :thup:

Meantime, guys, remember there's a whole world you can play in.... and it's an Italian player talking here :D

Hi... i am new and totally not informatic expert so forgive if my first message will sound stupid. I got the same problem of 24th july managing C1 italian team (third division). I read from user SMELLFIRE u can unclick the serie c cup on the database, but i am not sure i know which is the database file where to search the serie c cup and unclick it. So i ask if someone can explain this method for "beginners" and if someone (Sirgiorgio?) have tried it also and works 100%. Thanks in advance and sorry also for my english... i hope i have been clear.

1) Open the data editor (if you activated via Uniloc it's in start---programs---sports interactive---football manager 2009---tools)

2) file---load database. Choose the updated database (if you have installed the patch, otherwise, I recommend you do so).

3) search for competition "Italian Serie C Cup".

4) Uncheck the two options: Nation, Continent. They both should be "No Selection".

5) Save the database AS... choose a name.

It doesn't work with your saved game, only with a new one that you start loading the new database you just created.

Also, I'm not 100% sure this will work because I decided to go both ways: no cup, no serie C. Anyway, it will be very easy to check: when you create the game, wait until July 24 2008 (2008!) and see whether the Serie C cup fixtures (groups) are generated. If they are, then this trick doesn't work, otherwise everything has gone as planned.

Thanks a lot sirgiorgio!!!!

But if it doesnt work with my saved game what i can do with it?? I knew of the chance of this bug so i saved my game at 24 july and it's ok... i can load it. But if what u say it's correct the only thing i can do with my saved game at 24 july 2009 is to wait an official fix/new patch from SI games. Or it's already sure i will never be able to continue that one?

but it's possible that i give my saved file on 24 july 2009 to someone who didnt have the bug and he just re-give my saved game on 26 july 2009 so i can continue? If there is someone open to help me that way please send me a PM so we can exchange MSN or ICQ contacts. THANS IN ADVANCE!!!

Well Andy you havent got a choice if you get the bug, cant be got past.

The Unclicking of the C Cup does not produce fixtures as its no longer a valid competition so un-clicking the boxes works, well at least on my game.

I honestly think i will cry if this happens

Why is everyone assuming it will definitely happen to them? My game didn't crash and I'm playing in Serie C (I think I said that already).

My suggestion would be to save the game on July 23rd and then try and get past the date. If you can't get past it, start yourself a new game somewhere else and come back to that save once SI have released the patch that fixes it...

Yeeeeyyy i managed to get to 25th July, got all leagues running before anyone asks

Hi there, since you are not experiencing the VERY FRUSTRATING bug, will it be possible for me to send you my save file and you progress it a day, save again, and send it back to me?

Many thanks.

Archived