FM09: Official Good Goalkeepers Thread

whitecube

This thread is for the discussion of the best goalkeepers in FM2009. Previous favourites like Ustari aren't as good this time, while others like Hugo Lloris have moved onto new clubs and aren't quite as attainable. It'll be interesting to see what gems there are in the new database.

The usual format:

Name:

Club:

Value:

Sale Value:

Work Permit Required:

---

For example:

Name: Sergio Asenjo

Club: Vallalodid

Value: £3.2 million

Sale Value: £7 million

Work Permit Required: No

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am Manchester City and have not been able to find a decent GK.

Manchester City has a great squad, but certainly lacks a good goalie. I've signed Enyeama as a backup-keeper, but he isn't especially good anymore.

I feel there are less good GK's available in Football Manager 2009. My friend bought a French keeper for 24 million euro's, but I certainly feel that I should be able to sign a keeper for 10 million euro's.

I am Manchester City and have not been able to find a decent GK.

Manchester City has a great squad, but certainly lacks a good goalie. I've signed Enyeama as a backup-keeper, but he isn't especially good anymore.

I feel there are less good GK's available in Football Manager 2009. My friend bought a French keeper for 24 million euro's, but I certainly feel that I should be able to sign a keeper for 10 million euro's.

Try Ochoa, only cost me £3.4m.

It does seem tough finding good GKs. There are lots of very decent keepers (Ruffier, Mandanda, Riou, Carrizo, Ochoa) but none of them really stand out like, say, Akinfeev or Ustari did in FM08.

Name: Andres Gallo

Club: Banfield

Value: under £1 million

Sale Value: Betis bought him for free on my game but not entirely sure.

Work Permit Required: Yes

Great young Argentinian keeper with PA at either -9 or -10, has incredible stats for a 16 yr old and can only get better.

• 2 weeks later...
Dag and Red, first season, 30k (don't like to dip into it) transfer budget. Any suggestions for a goalkeeper?

Marek Stech on loan from West Ham, he played 46 games for me at Leeds in League 1, conceded 30 and kept 26 clean sheets. Added bonus, he has the super 'keeper kick :D 3 goals 4 assists

Name: Bogdan Lobont

Club: Dinamo Bucharest

Value: Currently 5m (In 2011)

Sale Value: 3.3m

Work Permit: No

Absolutely class. Bought him as Leeds in my first Premiership season and his goalkeeping attributes are fantastic for his value. A must-buy for a Wigan, West Ham, Bolton.

In one of my saves Shay Given was willing to move practically anywhere in the Championship or the Prem after NUFC got relegated for fee of 1.9m - He had handed a transfer request also...

I still couldn't afford him lol.

I have also sent my scouts to look at Asenjo whilst in the Championship with Millwall and been told he would be extremely interested in joining our club. He was transfer listed by request and would be available for around 3m. He had a continental rep aswell.

I wouldn't recommend Fiorillo. I brought him to Everton for 6m + Clauses and he was poor. back up keeper for 2 seasons first choice for 3 and he was very week. Not playing that save atm so don't no how good he would eventually get but he didn't look much like improving.

What about....

Name: Manuel Neuer

Club: Shalke

Value: 2.8m

Sale Value: ?? (cant remember what i paid in last save and not got money to check this season)

Work Permit Required: no

Is he playing well for you? Have been scouting him for a few months and all reports say is he is a quality player!

Name: Lee Woon-Jae

Club: Suwon

Value: 4 million $ (i paid 12 million $, i think i over paid)

Sale Value: ??

Work Permit Required: Yes but always accepted

pretty old, but my scouts say he's a decent Premiership backup, similar to Roy Carroll of Derby (who i bought him for) in talent, only better. Great mentor for a prospect.

13LeeWoon-Jae.png

An additional note: he usually is unwilling to come to a different club, but will if enough money is thrown his way.

You 'THINK' you overpaid?!

He's 35y/o and you paid $12mil for him?! Thats ridiculous, and he doesn't even look too good!

lol i agree, thats mad. What team are you using him in? Because for prem standards i have to say he's one of the worse and surely only got a couple of years left in him! Overpaid is an understatement!

first of all, i was using DERBY! AS MENTIONED IN MY POST!

Second of all if you don't think i should be able to post what i want then i'll leave!

Haha dont be childish, all that i did was agreed with you, you mentioned you overpaid not me:thup: wasnt having a dig, just thought you might have been using him for a mid-league team

Archived