FM09: Official Good Goalkeepers Thread

whitecube

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Coming up to the end of 1st season with Man Utd, VDS has really only got one more season left in him and that would really be as second choice to Foster (who is playing well). I have sold Kusack (£5.5M) so need another keeper to be joint 1st choice with Foster. I usually (in previous versions FM) go for Akinfeev but I have already had a £15M bid turned down and I'm starting to think that it's getting too expensive. Any ideas on someone at least as good?

Gomes is unrealisticlly good... Asenjo is a favourite of mine so I bought him for my Liverpool team. Still young, so I'll use Reina for a good 2 or 3 more seasons

or until I get a mad offer for him then Asenjo come on down!!!

Rene Alder? Neuer(sp)?

Sorry HoPeY, I got Akinfeev for £17.5M over 24 months in the end, whilst I know that's expensive he's a favourite of mine and I shouldn't have to buy another keeper for years as long as I can keep Foster happy (he can be a little tempermental).

Sorry HoPeY, I got Akinfeev for £17.5M over 24 months in the end, whilst I know that's expensive he's a favourite of mine and I shouldn't have to buy another keeper for years as long as I can keep Foster happy (he can be a little tempermental).

Why are you apologising? £17.5M for Akinfeev is quite cheap considering I've seen him go for £25M+ a lot of the time. He'll serve you well. :thup:

Why are you apologising? £17.5M for Akinfeev is quite cheap considering I've seen him go for £25M+ a lot of the time. He'll serve you well. :thup:

Because I asked for advice and then went ahead and got Akinfeev anyway. So is Alder better than Foster in your opinion? How old is he at the start?

Really depends, can be around £6-7Million, however it is usually more like £10Million plus.

That's quite a bit but then I should get about £6M for Foster so hopefully it won't actually cost me too much. Thanks for the advice HoPeY.

I'm in August of the first season with Aston Villa on 9.3.0 and need a GK who is better quality than Friedel. The big problem is that I only have £1.6m left to spend.

I tried Enyeama but failed, so i'm wondering if there are any other little gems around like him.

That's quite a bit but then I should get about £6M for Foster so hopefully it won't actually cost me too much. Thanks for the advice HoPeY.

No problem.

I'm in August of the first season with Aston Villa on 9.3.0 and need a GK who is better quality than Friedel. The big problem is that I only have £1.6m left to spend.

I tried Enyeama but failed, so i'm wondering if there are any other little gems around like him.

Ochoa? Maarten Stekelenburg? Piet Velthuizen? Emiliano Viviano? Diego Alves? João Carlos? Joris Delle? Antonio Adán? Just banding about names, doubt you can get much for so little.

Fredrico Vilar!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Oscar Ustari, Costel Pantilimon, Giorgi Makaridze, Luís Guilherme, Josh Lambo, João Carlos, Miguel Ángel Fraga, Joris Delle, David De Gea, Zakarie Boucher, Alfonso Blanco, Sergio Asenjo, José Rafael Almo, Antonio Adán, Francisco Ochoa, Eros Corradini, Juan Pablo Carrizo, Emiliano Viviano, Diego Alves, Vicent Enyeama, Maarten Stekelenburg, Piet Velthuizen?

• 2 weeks later...

I am Crystal Palace, 2nd season, patch 9.0.3. I just sold Speroni for 5 mill thinking I oculd buy more players. I ended up getting like 2 mill of the sale, maybe less. What good keeper could I sign for 2 million at the most. De Sanctis went esle where so did Butelle. They were the two I was looking at. Enyeama is at chelsea. I've had a look around but can't find amazing gk's. Help would be appreciated.

How about Delgado from Partizan on 9.0.3?

Peruvian international and can be had for £1.8m.

Signed him for Albacete after getting them into La Liga and he is the reason I am currently sitting in 4th place!!

Stats to rival Van Der Sar - well worth a look

Had a look for him but couldn't find him in Partizan's team at the start of the game (9.3.0.)???

Found a Peruvian GK called Erick Delgado who looks good and plays for Sporting Cristal. Is that him? Good find if so... If not well done me for finding him haha!

Try Federico Vilar - quality, plays for Atlante in Mexico. Argentine but has Italian nationality. At most would cost £1.5 Million, Chelsea normally go for him early though...

Edit: i should of kept reading lol

Im already at the start of 5th season. Akinfeev will cost me 25.5m euros while Mandanda will cost 40m euros. They wanted about the same salary.

Heres the screenshot:

9arc4o.jpg

2uiwvgo.jpg

I dont know who to choose as both looks superb. Mandanda looks a better shot stopper but Akinfeev is also quite as good but his distribution is brilliant.

akinfeev is the best one on it

Its hard to buy a good keeper on it as the regens are she-ite. I think the game knows this so every really good one is bloody expensive!

having said that i got Sebastien Viera for 90k, which is a bit of a corker!

Its hard to buy a good keeper on it as the regens are she-ite. I think the game knows this so every really good one is bloody expensive!

Not all of them, but they are certainly few and far between.

The cost of keepers is all relative though. I'm happy to pay a high price for a player who will play in 90% of my games every season and maintain quality attributes well into their 30's. I'm certainly more inclined to spend excessive cash on a top keeper than a top striker.

Guys i have Man city now and im playing with some friends in a network game in england.

won uefa cup 1st season , bloody surprise it was.

so now i have Given, Hart and Smeichel and I want to get rid with all of them and buy a top GK and one backup-hot prospect.

Hugo Lloris wont come in Man City , even with a UEFA CUP trophy.

So , it leaves me with some choices in my mind and the 2 smartest i think are :

S. Frey and J.P. Carrizo.

The problem with Frey is that he has 15 eccentricity , too much of a risk in a top GK.

The problem with the Agrentinian one is that he has 14 on the one-on-ones stat.

Who do you think i should prefer over those 2 and most important why?

Thanks in advance.

PS:I m not even thinking of Igor Akinfeev , cause of the 10 aerial ability stat. Maybe Im wrong?

Archived