Official FM09: Good Centre-Back Thread

arsenal_2111

Quite obviously, this thread is for you to post about good central defenders you have found on FM09. If possible please use the following template.

Name:

Club:

Value:

Sale Value:

Work permit:

Hopefully this can become a good guide, which helps people to find good defender's in FM09.

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Name: Aquivaldo Mosquera

Club: Sevilla

Value: £4.8m

Sale Value: Season long loan No fee upfront

Work Permit: Yes and will get it!

My coaches/scouts at Blackburn rated him 4 stars. 7 games in 3 goals and average rating of 7.57. Not too shabby.

Name: Giorgio Chiellini

Club: Juventus

Value: £8.5 mil

Sale Value: Don't know as I have him from the start

Work permit: Not Needed

In FM 09 he is a natural DC unlike FM 08. The DL and WBL are Accomplished positions. He is great as a DC... one of the best in FM 09 I'm sure

• 2 weeks later...

Name: Fazio

Value: Unsure

Sale Value: 5- 10 mil pounds varies

Work permit : Not Needed

Very good value for money. ALthough he may seem pricey but he has awesome stats and will grow to be , at the very least a competent defender

Name: Fazio

Value: Unsure

Sale Value: 5- 10 mil pounds varies

Work permit : Not Needed

Very good value for money. ALthough he may seem pricey but he has awesome stats and will grow to be , at the very least a competent defender

ya this good player

mentioned before but deigo lugano has been great in my first season with milan. paid around £5m, not the youngest but more than solid for any top european club.

He's done pretty well for me at Spurs. Started immense and scored a few goals, but faded away towards the end and has finished with a 6.99 average rating, which is worse than Woodgate's 7.14 and King's 7.02.

Name: Domenico Criscito

Club: Juventus

Value:

Sale Value: £3 Million

Work permit: Not Needed

Great young defender, out on loan in the first season, but if you buy it as soon as you start the game, you should be able to pick him up for 3 million.

Zapata seems to be highly rated on this forum... is he that good?

I need a CB that will replace Mellberg for my Juve side... I have Chiellini and Fazio as starting CB's and Legrottaglie and Mellberg as backups... Since I rotate a lot Mellberg hasn't been up to the challenge... he's pretty much crap...

So any suggestions for a quality CB?

My Centre Backs at Chelsea are Dmytro Chygrynskyi, Nicolas N'Koulou, Mamadou Sakho, John Terry and John Heitinga! they are ALL world class.... i signed Chygrynskyi for £7.5 million, N'Koulou for £350k, Sakho for £18mill, JT - already here, Heitinga - free signing!

Sold Zapata for £20 million to Man City as he was not as good as these youngsters!!

My Back 4 at the mo:

RB: Srna/ Chygrynskyi

CB: Terry/ N'koulou

CB: Sakho/ Heitinga

LB: Guardado (retrained)/ Thimothée Kolodziecziak

Working like a charm with Mandanda solid between the sticks....

the thing that stands out for zapata is that his physical stats (namely his pace/jumping/acc) are all 17+ which is pretty much incredible really when added to his 18/19/16 for tackling/marking/heading, even if his mental stats give way a bit.

Yes infact my scout (20,20) tells me that he lacks intelligence

Surprised to see that noone added:

Name: Martín Cáceres

Club: Barcelona

Value: €16M?

Sale Value: Barcelona have put him on transfer list and I saw in his history that Roma bought him for €13.75M but you could probably get him for less.

Work permit: He is from Uruguay but in season 2 he has Spain as second nationality so I think you don't need to get it anymore. You could probably get it by appeal if needed.

Good heading/tackling stats, marking is a bit low but it will get better as the years go by, good pace/acceleration/anticipation/strength stats and will only get better.

Name: Mark Beevers

Club: Sheffield Wednesday

Value: €6m (6/2010)

Sale Value: Wednesday sold him for €1,6m in july 2009 to Spurs

Work permit: not needed

Promising youngster at the start, few years later a leading D C in the Prem.

Archived