Play the real (well almost) FIFA World Cup with FM 2010

Gogotte

I was recently thinking: well it could be nice to play the real 2010 FIFA World cup with the 32 qualified teams and the 8 real groups but is it possible to do it with FM 2010? Well almost!

img-185055a4wew.jpg

How did I do it? :

Well, basically, I have load, reload a hundred times a save game to obtain the real 32 qualified teams. For the draw, it was more complicated as I have to change the FIFA coefficient for almost each team (with FMRTE) to obtain the real 8 groups with the right 4 teams. However, there are still some problems that I can’t manage. (1) The groups themselves like South Africa, France, Uruguay and Mexico in group A. I am not sure what are the rules in FM but I am pretty sure for example that Italy is always drawn in group A because Italy is the current world champion. I did not succeed also to put Chili and Algeria in the right group. Sorry about that. So it is not perfect but I hope that you will enjoy this V1 and hope to provide one day a perfect V2.

What is inside ? :

A save game patch 10.3 compatible that will allow you to play the FIFA World Cup almost like the real one.

72000 loaded players for the 32 qualified teams.

The season starts the first of may 2010.

How to play ? :

Download the saved game World Cup V1.Zip

Unzip the file and put the World Cup V1.fm file in C:\Users\Your Name\Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2010\games

Load the save game World Cup V1, create a new manager and chose a nation to play the World Cup !

Download the World Cup !

• 1 month later...
Can you edit the past winners of World Cups with FMRTE? If so you could change it to south africa so they get drawn in group A, and once you've got the exact draw change it back to Italy.

Tried this, and seems to work ok...then S. Africa it's drawn into group A.

On the other hand some North Korea teams should be loaded via ddt so they get any real player, and Germany fixed, as they only have grey players.

• 2 weeks later...

Hopefully we can start FM11 just before the start of the World Cup. Then all groups and teams and staff can be hardcoded and programmed correctly so that everyone has the chance to win the cup with their desired teams.

• 3 weeks later...

if this starts in May 2010, what has happened to all the clubs with their transfers. Have you just simmed the game to that date so clubs have been transfering players? If all the clubs are the same as when the game starts then this is great

What are the clubs teams like when you start at the world cup. Are all players at the original teams (no transfers at all until that date) or have you let the game sim so the AI have been making transfers?

I have let the game sim until that date so transfers have been done.

I can hel pyou with wathever you need, Gogotte!

Thanks. I'll keep you informed

When you were making this mod how did you deal with fifa turning a blind eye to the cheating f*cker named henry?

You can probably tell im irish :)

yes agus leis an cluiche a shábháil, de ghnáth, an Fhrainc i gcónaí tacú domhain !!!!!!!

Archived