My Europe Package Project

Leto2626

Hi there,

I've been working on my dream FM project to have all European leagues playable in FM (as in : all nations that have qualifying teams for European competitions). I started this in 10.1, I was halfway when 10.2 came out and ruined a lot of my stuff I had done. Had to refill a lot of leagues, teams just disappeared etc, but after some swearing I found the courage to continue.

Worked of and on for about a month on this (a LOT of long term testing), carefully selecting stuff others had made (why do too much work, I'm giving them credit of course !), but I wanted balanced leagues as in comparable prize and TV money. I made calculations including reputation of the highest league and the total amount of teams in the game to become a number that would not unbalance the game. Of course I didn't want to remake leagues if it wasn't necessary so I couldn't edit all of them.

Turned out I remade 10 leagues that were already in the game :

- Iceland and Finland (medium leagues which I knew had like no prize money at all)

- Poland, someone already had remade it, handy !

- Ukraine, Russia, Belarus, Romania, Slovenia, Croatia and Serbia because SI doesn't want to resolve the problem of teams buying full squads of foreigners, ending up using gray players and keepers on the outfield.

I wanted to remake Hungary as well, but it has a special League Cup that can't be remade so I left it alone. I added a file where Croatia and Serbia are EU-states, that removes a lot of foreigner problems, you can choose if you want that or not.

Bulgaria and Belarus seemed fine, strangely enough.

I added these rules in the nations that were made or remade :

- U21 team (with main club division groups), no other reserve teams unless they have a real 2nd team.

- Removed all 3rd teams from teams in these nations so every team has a U21 team.

- TV matches : 1 in small nations, 2 in medium.

- TV money : about 50% of the League winning prize money.

- FA Cup prize money : about 50% of the League winning prize money.

- No league prize money/TV money for leagues other than the highest.

- Transfer windows for leagues crossing new year : 1 July until 31 August and 1 January until 31 January

- Transfer windows for leagues starting after new year : 1 January until 28 February and 1 July until 31 July.

- Discipline rules : yellow -> 3,6,9, red -> 2 matches after 2 red.

- Season breaks added according to real life (as close as possible, sometimes I had to take the maximum length editor allowed).

- Highest league : 3 Homegrown players + 1 U21 in match squad, 5 Homegrown in squad total.

- 2nd division : 5 Homegrown players + 2 U21 in match squad, 7 Homegrown in squad total.

- 3rd division : 7 Homegrown players + 3 U21 in match squad, 9 Homegrown in squad total.

- 4th division : 9 Homegrown players + 3 U21 in match squad, 11 Homegrown in squad total and so on.

I know maybe the Homegrown rules look lame, I wanted to make them harder but then again we might get the problem again that I wanted to avoid. More testing could be done and suggestions are welcome ! As long SI doesn't change the AI of the teams concerning transfers there is nothing much we can do to keep it close to reality.

In smaller nations and leagues there were a lot of teams just having the blue/white color. I looked a lot of them up but many of them didn't gave away their real life colors, so I added some random, just to prevent leagues looking entirely the same :p

The list of nations and what I changed :

Albania : New, 3 Tiers (based on file of The Kraig)

Andorra : New, 2 Tiers (based on file of Worcester City Researcher)

Armenia : New, 1 Tiers (2 Tiers was bugged, second was full of reserve teams and after 10 seasons all teams played in both leagues at once :s)

Austria : No changes

Azerbaijan : New 2 Tiers

Belarus : Remake, 3 Tiers

Belgium : No changes

Bosnia & Herzegovina : New, 3 Tiers (based on file of Nota Bene)

Bulgaria : 1 Tier added (3 total) (based on file of Salillas)

Croatia : Remake, 3 Tiers

Cyprus : New, 4 Tiers (based on file of Hershie)

Czech Republic : 2 Tiers added (4 total)

Denmark : 1 Tier added (based on file of Salillas)

England : No changes

Estonia : New, 2 Tiers

Faroer Islands : New, 3 Tiers

Finland : Remake, 3 Tiers, added a fictive League Cup and Lower League Cup (Iceland style)

France : No changes

FYR Macedonia : New, 3 Tiers (based on file of Nota Bene)

Georgia : New, 3 Tiers

Germany : No changes

Greece : No changes

Holland : No changes

Hungary : No changes

Iceland : Remake, 4 Tiers (based on file of Salillas)

Ireland : No changes

Israel : No changes

Italy : No changes

Kazakhstan : New, 2 Tiers

Latvia : New, 2 Tiers

Lithuania : New, 2 Tiers, added League Cup

Luxembourg : New, 3 Tiers (based on file of Giziar)

Malta : New, 4 Tiers (based on file of Alan A Wadge)

Moldova : New, 3 Tiers

Montenegro : New, 3 Tiers (based on file of Nota Bene)

N.Ireland : No changes

Norway : Added fictive League Cup

Poland : Remake, 4 Tiers (based on file of an unknown person !) (Added Ekstraklasa Cup, which is not held anymore in real life)

Portugal : No changes

Romania : Remake, 3 Tiers

Russia : Remake, 3 Tiers

San Marino : New, 1 Tier (based on file of Worcester City Researcher)

Scotland : No changes

Serbia : Remake, 3 Tiers

Slovakia : No changes

Slovenia : Remake, 3 Tiers

Spain : No changes

Sweden : No changes

Switzerland : 2 Tiers added

Turkey : No changes

Ukraine : Remake, 3 Tiers

Wales: No changes

So that makes 52 nations, all the ones that play in the real European competitions. Liechtenstein has no league, they play in Switzerland.

For the people that don't like fictive extra league cups, you can ask me for the versions without or just delete them yourselves. I added them because I found the league was pretty short, but realised only the ones in Finland were a great addition, and the one in Poland (that was held for real for a few times). The League cups in Poland, Norway and Denmark have these rules : 5 subs out of 7 and at least 5 U21 players in match squad.

I added a relegation spot to Ukrainian 3rd Tier although in real life there is none.

Things that I had to change because editor limited me from making the real thing :

Finland : FA cup was limited to 256 teams (was 295 in 10.1 but I just can't change the number in 10.2, automatically comes back to 256, this wasted a lot of my time as I had calculated the whole thing for 295 teams).

Moldova : Had to make the 3rd Tier 2 divisions of 16 teams (bugged when I wanted to make real model, 2nd teams cause many problems)

Romania : Couldn't make the season as long as it is in real life. Liga II and III set to original 18 teams (although in real life some teams went weren't allowed to play in the Liga).

Croatia : Filled 2nd and 3rd division to original amount of teams (same reason as Romania).

Luxembourg : Had to remove relegation playoffs to 3rd Tier because of bug, tested this for days, couldn't find a solution.

Russia and Ukraine : had to move the Cup schedule because teh editor doesn't allow cross-season cups.

I want to thank all people where I used the files from, that saved me a lot of unnecessary work, I hope mentioning your name is enough :p

The nations where I just added some tiers could easily be expanded, I didn't spend much time in those, not even in my own nation (because it's a terrible league to play in anyways).

I know that playing with ALL of them on maximum detail can't be handled by any normal computer, so don't try it :D I have a AMD Phenom II X4 (quad core), Vista 64-bit and 4GB of RAM. With around 125 leagues loaded out of these it takes almost 8 hours to complete a season on holiday. This is just a reference. Funny thing is my laptop (some intel dual core with XP 32-bit and 3GB of RAM as almost as fast, but then again that one wasn't loading anything else besides FM2010). FM2010 is really fast compared to FM2009, I'm really thankful for this as many people will be able to load like 60 leagues here and run it in 4-5 hours per season holiday. Without this knowledge I would have never made this, as it's my own FM dream !

I have 3 decent pc's and tested a lot. I tested most leagues separate until at least 2025 for crashes and big obvious flaws (Albania made it until 2120 because I didn't have time for like 2 days lol). I'm running a full game now with the 125 leagues I mentioned, I'm in season 5, planning to try at least 15 seasons (which is almost 5 days non-stop) to check if the game gets memory problems or not, also to look for stuff I could have missed before. So I'm posting it now so maybe some people feel the urge to help testing/checking things. And if you have any remarks or suggestions, I'm always listening ! I hope to finally start my own FM2010 adventure next week.

FileFactory link

Mediafire link

53 nations, i only count 48 in your list....where is holland in your list

Looks like I forgot 4 standard leagues around G-H (Germany, Greece, Hungary and Holland), sorry for that :) Liechtenstein was also included so it's 52.

Faroer Problem solved.

Problem in Russian league, some teams suddenly play in 2 leagues at the same time, and some of the lowest leageus stopped working. Pretty sure the regions have something to to with it, looking into it now.

Test game is in 2021 now, besides the above problem I can't find anything strange, so very close to release :p

Released playable version !

Removed last problems and finally started my own game :p I made the Russian second league inactive as it was probably a regional problem that can't be solved, and was also hard to check.

great work...

I wonder why you're so against the B teams and 3rd youth teams or 2 youth leagues usually most in europe there is 2 youth leagues already ;) Also if 3rd teams are playing in the leagues this is reality...

I understand, but in FM it doesn't work like IRL. I looked at how teams set up their B team or 3rd team after some seasons, and mostly they only fill 1, that's why I chose for a single U21-team, at least they play matches. A 2nd team I left as it was, although even those are barely filled with B-players as there are not enough of them mostly so they use A-team players that play double amount of matches many times so to speak. A 3rd normal team never gets filled in FM, so it's better to replace that with a U21 team, at least the young players get play time then. If SI made the 3rd teams like they would act a bit IRL I would have let them in, but it's pretty pointles now. I even hate the 2nd teams, they mess up leagues but I didn't want to remove those of course as there would be gaps in leagues to be filled.

You can fix the problem with large FA cup entrant numbers by editing the xml directly.

Open the xml file in Notepad, and search for '256'. One of the earlier entries will be the number of teams entered in the FA Cup; it should be fairly obvious. Edit it, and save the change. Make sure to keep the file as an xml file, and not a txt file, or even an xml.txt file!

Then, load up the editor again and load the db and your file. The number of entrants should now be correct! Don't touch it, or it will revert to 256 again... sort out the entrants and rounds etc manually, and bob's your mother's brother. :)

You can fix the problem with large FA cup entrant numbers by editing the xml directly.

Open the xml file in Notepad, and search for '256'. One of the earlier entries will be the number of teams entered in the FA Cup; it should be fairly obvious. Edit it, and save the change. Make sure to keep the file as an xml file, and not a txt file, or even an xml.txt file!

Then, load up the editor again and load the db and your file. The number of entrants should now be correct! Don't touch it, or it will revert to 256 again... sort out the entrants and rounds etc manually, and bob's your mother's brother. :)

Well I actually tried that back then, but when loading the XML afterwards crashed the editor. So I'm pretty sure it's some wrongly assigned type of variable (8 bit integer I think, I used to know this kind of stuff :p). Also pretty sure it would be solved if I remade it, but didn't feel like it ;)

Started season 4 (as in finally managing a club)with most nations having 2 leagues (some exceptions like England where I plan on starting with a lower league club in future), no problems at all, the speed is very tolerable on my machine. European competitions looking more realistic now, as every nation has real qualifiers now, the biggest reason I made this for ! And of course scouting gets more interesting, more clubs evolve, more youth academies get upgraded ... this will be my save for quite some time :D I hope some others will enjoy it as well.

about to start a new game with just the english leagues playable,large database and players from top division clubs in europe,with every other top eurpoean league on view only,looks fantastic and only took 3 mintues to load up.cheers for this mate.btw the game speed is saying 2 stars which is the same if only use the english leagues without all the other leagues

about to start a new game with just the english leagues playable,large database and players from top division clubs in europe,with every other top eurpoean league on view only,looks fantastic and only took 3 mintues to load up.cheers for this mate.btw the game speed is saying 2 stars which is the same if only use the english leagues without all the other leagues

Thanks for using it ! I never play with leagues just on view, clubs then tend to act weird, but haven't tried it in FM10, it could be improved.

leto2626-did you make ukraine and other eastern european countries part of the EU as i`m able to sign players that i couldnt before

I only made Croatia and Serbia EU (separate XML), but I remade a lot of those countries removing foreign rules (now added homegrown rules and U21), because the AI kept signing foreigners, and then gray players were used for matches etc... I call that a major gameplay flaw, but SI obviously doesn't feel that way. I made a bug report in the official Russian league topic if you want details.

Anyway I just did it for the gameplay, at least the teams now can play the players they bought, and leagues aren't ruined.

EDIT : oh, I actually got a response from SI there and they are looking into it, about time ! Too bad I won't be starting a new game though, I'll continue with the stuff I made :)

- Highest league : 3 Homegrown players + 1 U21 in match squad, 5 Homegrown in squad total.

- 2nd division : 5 Homegrown players + 2 U21 in match squad, 7 Homegrown in squad total.

- 3rd division : 7 Homegrown players + 3 U21 in match squad, 9 Homegrown in squad total.

- 4th division : 9 Homegrown players + 3 U21 in match squad, 11 Homegrown in squad total and so on.

When you have the 3 u21 players in match squad if you want to sub one, then he has to be replaced by another u21 player. have you found this to be an issue?

When you have the 3 u21 players in match squad if you want to sub one, then he has to be replaced by another u21 player. have you found this to be an issue?

It's the match squad, not the starting eleven ;)

• 2 weeks later...
Do you have any suggestions how to set it up to load enough players for everything to work fine, and do you plan to fix/remake this when 10.3 drops?

You could use this as reference :

I know that playing with ALL of them on maximum detail can't be handled by any normal computer, so don't try it :D I have a AMD Phenom II X4 (quad core), Vista 64-bit and 4GB of RAM. With around 125 leagues loaded out of these it takes almost 8 hours to complete a season on holiday. This is just a reference. Funny thing is my laptop (some intel dual core with XP 32-bit and 3GB of RAM as almost as fast, but then again that one wasn't loading anything else besides FM2010). FM2010 is really fast compared to FM2009.

I'm now playing with All leagues loaded to at least 2nd Tier, some deeper (England all, Italy C1, FYR Macedonia all, Cyprus all, Iceland all), Started with a 119.000 player database. I'm about to finish season 7 while fully managing a team, and it still works as good as the start. If your machine is significantly weaker than mine I wouldn't suggest you select the same amount.

Concerning 10.3 I hope they don't change stuff in the database like they did in 10.2, then there should not be any problems. I'll check it and if there is not a whole remake needed I'll put a 10.3 version up.

Can I double check you made no changes to Belgium? Need to check as for some reason I get an error everytime with Belgium (15 required for pro league - found 0)

Strange, as I didn't touch Belgian league, must be one of your own files :s

• 2 weeks later...

If it's not a problem, could the file be mirrored to MegaUpload, Mediafire or somewhere else? FileFactory is like RapidShare: 90% of the day it gives me the 'no more download slots for you' message.

Thanks.

If it's not a problem, could the file be mirrored to MegaUpload, Mediafire or somewhere else? FileFactory is like RapidShare: 90% of the day it gives me the 'no more download slots for you' message.

Thanks.

I'll do that this evening.

Could you do lower league France, Portugal and Belgium?

I had other people's databases working, but not anymore with patch 10.3. So I was hoping these countries could be your priority when you start working again.

I had never the intention to make lower leagues for these countries, I just left them alone, my initial idea was to get balanced European leagues.

Leto, is the Baltic Cup in any of these files? I've loaded all Baltic nations (Estonia, Latvia, Lituania) but couldn't find it.

No it's not :( As much as I like cross-nation cups it's mostly hard and a bunch of trouble to implemennt without causing harm to something else.

Thanks.

MegaUpload is useless, that's why I uploaded to FileFactory, works everytime for me though.

Uploaded it to Mediafire too : here

Sorry for double posting, but I wanted to ask you are these leagues well tested combined?

I'm starting a new game with loaded: Andorra, Azerbaijan, Estonia, Lithuania (2 leagues * 4 = 8 leagues), Luxembourg, Malta and Moldova (3 leagues * 3 = 9 leagues). That's 17 leagues with a medium database (around 8000 players loaded). I intend to play this for a long time. Is it smart for me; is it more possible to get crash dumps, no fixtures and other errors?

Thanks and good work ;)

No it's not :( As much as I like cross-nation cups it's mostly hard and a bunch of trouble to implemennt without causing harm to something else.

OK. I always like cups like the Royal League, Baltic Cup, CIS, etc., but playing without them is fine too.

Sorry for double posting, but I wanted to ask you are these leagues well tested combined?

I'm starting a new game with loaded: Andorra, Azerbaijan, Estonia, Lithuania (2 leagues * 4 = 8 leagues), Luxembourg, Malta and Moldova (3 leagues * 3 = 9 leagues). That's 17 leagues with a medium database (around 8000 players loaded). I intend to play this for a long time. Is it smart for me; is it more possible to get crash dumps, no fixtures and other errors?

Thanks and good work ;)

All those leagues are tested until at least 2021, Luxembourg even a lot longer, I'm sure there won't be any problems with the fixtures or anything. I'm in january 2020 with all the leagues loaded now myself. I spend weeks testing everything as I don't like starting over :D I had some test game running until 2242 and then it crashed, but I read somewhere there is actually a hardcoded limit or something, or maybe it's just more data the game can handle, but has nothing to do with XML's if it gets so far anyway. But I actually never seen anyone playing longer than 110 seasons, let alone 230+ hehehe.

8000 players loaded is not much actually, I would get some more if I were you, unless you know your pc can't handle it.

Leto, how long does it take you to finish one full season with these setup?

(Not holiday-ing, but really playing.)

I want to have a very big game setup myself, but am a bit worried that anything under 3 stars will be to slow. I think it is still ok, to play 1 full season in about 24-30 hours.

Archived