FM10 Media Updates

Colorado

From tomorrow I'll be uploading accurate media updates for the following countries:

Argentina

Brazil

Colombia

Italy

Portugal

Spain

Am open to some requests if anyone wants a particular nation covered. If anyone wants the files before I upload them, PM me an email address.

Sorry, I haven't made it clear.

Yes, their XML files you literally paste them into the editor file. There should already be an XML config file in there.

As for the network game, I'm unsure as to how it would work sorry.

It appears you actually don't have to cut/paste/edit the file -- just stick them in the same folder (i.e. Documents/Sports Interactive/Football Manager 2010/editor data/) as any other custom XMLs you have and they are all recognised when you start a new game. You just have to make sure they're checked.

Since the XML files seem to act like EDT files (i.e. they get integrated into the database when the game starts), I'm pretty sure you do have to start a new game for these to work.

That's not the experience I have with the xml files.

Fx changing club/competition/award names do not show up on saved games.

EDIT: Ohh, you do say you have to start a new game. Sorry, read your post wrong :)

They are completely seperate although EDT files from FM09 should work fine with FM10.

With the new XML docs there are no real journalists unfortunately. It is just too difficult (and time consuming) for me to research them in enough detail. All journalists in my media packs are generated by the game.

Hope this answers your question!

• 1 month later...

This is xml (dbc) files and currently we have a limit for xml's (at least it seems so) and I don't want the precious limit ruin for different media packs. Colorado or someone else why we don't make a world media pack and with just 1 xml (dbc) used... I think separate files were needed for FM2009 because edt's uncapability for understand of not played leagues... And there is no need for same is 2010... A "World Media Pack" serve for all

I have created a media update that contains more than 300 media in total.

The links are in this topic on fmgreece (in the first post, where you also can see the new media sources in the spoiler) and all you have to do is to add the xml to the editor data and the "add_my..." documents in Program Files / Sports Interactive / Football Manager 2010 / updates / update-1020 / db / 1020 / edt.

In order to use them, you'll have to create a new game.

• 2 weeks later...
To follow this up, I will be making some tweaks to last year's England mega-file and releasing that some time in the next week or so.

any news on the english media pack waiting for this 2 start a new game

thnx superbladesman

• 1 month later...

i'm creating a scottish meadia update, i aint creating individual journalists, but i have created official web sites for every team, updated and added about 50 local newspapers, added links to fanzines and local radio stations. My question is this, if i was to d/load the other media packs on here, could i merge them into the file i have created?

• 2 weeks later...
i'm creating a scottish meadia update, i aint creating individual journalists, but i have created official web sites for every team, updated and added about 50 local newspapers, added links to fanzines and local radio stations. My question is this, if i was to d/load the other media packs on here, could i merge them into the file i have created?

yes tht should be possible all you need to is add your changes to the txt file

also will you be uploading the pack?

regards

hi, i spent all last night going through the old commands & new ones and have modified the version 4.1 or english media, just finishing it off atm...

included will be:

media sources have been edited & newly created for new local region command (where applicable, as it has restrictions still, we still really a new field (county or something simular) to properly simulate newspapers ranges

a few extra journalists

instructions at the top

reordered the club websites and included the newly promoted clubs to the blue square north/south level (dover, ilkeston etc)

am going to make a extended version with teams lower than BSN/S as well

which could be posted on SuperBladesmans & Uncle Rons updates as im sure ur leagues could do with more than the Non league Paper idea i Pm'ed

I was wondering could any of the people on this thread who know a bit more about editing media than me help me out with a problem I am having?

I have added a number of media sources in Ireland using the data editor. some of these are TV shows and websites etc rather than just newspapers. However, the only sources that seem to be showing up in game are the local and regional newspapers. Any ideas on what I might be doing wrong with the national media? Do I need to set all these up to cover every competition specifically or something?

I was wondering could any of the people on this thread who know a bit more about editing media than me help me out with a problem I am having?

I have added a number of media sources in Ireland using the data editor. some of these are TV shows and websites etc rather than just newspapers. However, the only sources that seem to be showing up in game are the local and regional newspapers. Any ideas on what I might be doing wrong with the national media? Do I need to set all these up to cover every competition specifically or something?

they must be specificed as nation republic of ireland and scope national

Archived