FM10: Pato

John Smith

Player profile

profilepato.jpg

Continues the tradition of Brazilians to play for AC Milan, he joins the likes of current manager Leonardo, Kaká, Cafu. Undoubtedly the new star of the team following the departure of Kaká.

Facts:

Pato (full name Alexandre Rodrigues da Silva) is a Brazilian forward playing for AC Milan. The nickname ‘Pato’ is in honour of his place of birth.

Pato finished the 2008/09 season as Milan's top goalscorer with 18 goals. With Brazil, he beat Pelé's record of scoring a goal within seconds of his full international debut.

Honours:

Recopa Sudamericana - 2007

FIFA Club World Cup - 2006

FIFA Confederations Cup - 2009

South American Youth Championship - 2007 South American U-20 Championship

Brazilian U-20 Championships Top-Scorer - 2006

Brazilian U-20 Championships Most Valuable Player - 2006

Got 2 goals against Madrid in the Champs League :) His second was a true goal scorers goal.

I can never raise the cash to buy him from AC Milan. But being Milan on the demo, I can say this year this guy is on fire. Got 21 goals before the demo ended, will try and get a screenshot up tonight :thup:

• 1 month later...

He was amazing for m in my fist season completly outshone my other two strikers who are noslouches in Dzeko and Gilardino

http://img258.imageshack.us/my.php?image=12292009171626.png

Linking code copied to clipboard

He won every individual award except the world player and european player of the year but thats at xmas and he cam runner up in both an i think he will win it next season he finished the Seire A season with 28 league strikes

wow hardly any talk on this guy.

I just bought him for 50M at Man City. Will he be worth the money? I have a strong team now, and I feel that Adebayor is not up to the standard of my team so the likes of Tevez and Pato and rotate with each other to net some goals.

Can anyone give me a screenshot of him a few years along the line. Thank you.

is anyone else finding milan struggle big time in the 1st season, they finished 13th, and half the team becomes unsettled...including this talented young man. They wanted £28millon for him (which i didnt have...) so i offered benayoun and aurelio plus 18mill....and they accepted!!! Hope this isnt a one off scenario...

is anyone else finding milan struggle big time in the 1st season, they finished 13th, and half the team becomes unsettled...including this talented young man. They wanted £28millon for him (which i didnt have...) so i offered benayoun and aurelio plus 18mill....and they accepted!!! Hope this isnt a one off scenario...

Nope, happens a lot it seems. Looks like Marseille often get him for around 20m.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I've bought Pato for £52m in 2014 for my team which is a top 6 in the English Premier League side. I've switched my tactics around to suit Pato (and the players sold to buy him!) and I'm now doing even better, top 3, but Pato himself isn't the one making the difference. In fact I've only won 7 of the 13 games he's played in, and he's had 30 shot attempts, 19 on target, 2 goals, 6 assists, 6.95 average rating. On the highlights he's hit good chances at the keeper.

I'm playing 4-3-1-2, with Pato as one of the two strikers. Pato is Advanced Forward, his partner is Poacher (great goalscorer, doesn't make assists). I thought this would suit Pato because his pace can break defences, and it gives him the freedom to create goals as well (and worked for Fraggle in this thread).

Snoop Robbie Rob's suggestion is a tweak I will try. Batty though suggests bringing him deeper collecting the ball possibly with his back to goal, which is a very different approach.

Christoff played him as in Inside Forward in a League Cup game, has anyone got more experience of this?

Please do reveal in this thread how to get the best out of Pato!

• 4 months later...

Got him on approach to sign, not a half bad freebie!

I play him as a poacher.

His attributes seem to always go up, down, up, down though...

I'm rather shocked at the lack of interest for Pato though, even if his attributes only look good, he does seem to outplay them though.

8pato2.png

Currently on his favoured personal list, his international manager and trying to unsettle him now for around 10 months; so when he becomes unhappy I WILL get him :p

When he comes in it'll probably be to replace Anelka as Drogba's backup; except Pato (by then) will probably be playing ahead of him. But can this guy excel as an AMR as Inside Forward? Has anyone had any success with him in that role?

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

surprise surprise.

AC Milan offered him out to clubs 2nd season before Jan transfer window. Currently besides myself, Man City and FC Bayern have been offered. I;m playing with Werder Bremen btw.

Pato is valued at 33.5 mil, and i counter offered at 5 mil upfront and 15 mil over 48 mths, with 50% next fee back to Milan.

They accepted double quick time and i'm now negotiating the contract terms.

Thing is, i used Pato in my other save and i had to pay 35 mil for him in season 4. i'm actually looking for a deep lying forward kinda player. I already have Hulk as the advanced forward, got him cheap at 16 mil.

should i go ahead and bid aggressively for Pato?

hiah. Man City outbid me so Pato is awaiting work permit to join them in Jan. haha... never looked likely that i could beat Man City to signing him.

Man City would be paying 33.5 mil upfront for him. wow, what a fee!

looks like i need to sign up more 'cost effective' players.. hahaha

Archived