Gokhan inler - world-class midfielder

I was just looking around in my game and saw this guy Gokhan Inler. He was playing for barcelona, year 2012, and he was stated as a world class midfielder. Searched the forum but did not find any posts for him so i figured i'll post about him. He starts the game at 23 years old so its a very good age for a MC. Check him out.

gokhaninler.jpg

w1680.png

gokhaninler1.jpg

w1680.png

Your welcome!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I bought him for £14million at the very start of my arsenal game. Has been an integral part of my midfield with fabregas ever since. Now in 2012. He has scored his fair share of goals... lots of screamers!! I have his mentality set just above defensive and creative freedom on little... have him closing down and long shots and through balls often. Used to instruct him to run with ball rarely but his dribbling went up a bit and he gets on just fine with it set at mixed. Here's a screenie of his stats at the moment for me... I have to say they havent improved much in a few years. His long shots used to be 20.

inler.jpg

He's a good midfielder no doubt about that, but i would never choose him in a world class side for a DMC role.

If he's being used in the DMC ball-winner role, he needs to be stronger, braver and and a much better tackler and theres better players in the game for that role.

Similarily, there's better MC's out there than him so i can't really see a role for him in a world-class side.

HELP ME WITH FM PLS

Srna is really really very good in real life. He was the Captain for Shakthar Donetsk and was ever present in the Shakthar and Croatia squad. the team success in the UEFA Cup and local League proves that. Im still very surprise that he isn't link with a top club especially hes almost at his prime already. one reason is prolly that Shakthar is a very rich club and they dont really need any kind of cash.

back to Inler i dont think hes as good as the game makes him.

personally i feel inler is a lot better irl then he is in game... im really not a fan of him in the game tbh...

but in real life he's been brilliant the past few seasons.... arsenal are chasing him like mad .. or were until melo came along ...

as for srna ... he is a world class wingback irl.. he hasnt left because he's happy as can be where he is... donesk is paying him top wages , he's captain, in his home country and they are competing in europe.... why would he move?

personally i feel inler is a lot better irl then he is in game... im really not a fan of him in the game tbh...

but in real life he's been brilliant the past few seasons.... arsenal are chasing him like mad .. or were until melo came along ...

as for srna ... he is a world class wingback irl.. he hasnt left because he's happy as can be where he is... donesk is paying him top wages , he's captain, in his home country and they are competing in europe.... why would he move?

For the glamour? Players with everything always want something. Ronaldo had everything at Utd, he wanted the glamour of playing for Real Madrid. I don't think theres much glamour in Ukraine :D

For the glamour? Players with everything always want something. Ronaldo had everything at Utd, he wanted the glamour of playing for Real Madrid. I don't think theres much glamour in Ukraine :D

well if you are the biggest super star in Ukraine, and it is one of the shadiest countries in the world with a very active nightlife and club scene, I'm sure Srna is getting all the glamour he can handle

then again-I still think he is overrated on FM. If he were truly hands down the best right back in the world more clubs would be interested him and he wouldnt be playing in Shaktar.

I'll put my weight behind Inler, he's been my man utd captain for 4 years, taking over from gary neville when he retired (I kept Rio as vice).

Scores some thumping long-shots and plays some gorgeous passes. Perfect foil for rooney as my CM pairing, with veloso and anderson rotating.

Highly reccomended

İt makes me cry to see a turkish descent player plays for switzerland,and being awesome at the same time :(

damn you turkish federation for missing these players

Back to game :) amazing player,a bit expensive but worths every penny,long shots,creativity,passing ....and its a great challenge to buy him in the first season with all the rich clubs are after him

• 6 months later...

anyone got advice on how to play him? i'm spurs, second season, aquilani other CM, with defensive mentality, fwd runs rarely, but run with ball often; guardado lam, jankovic/ dos santos RAM, modric CAM, balotelli ST

he is not performing like i know he can

Imo he performs best as a box2box midfielder. He's got good defensive stats, but is also creative, has great passing, stamina and workrate and a phenomenal shot. Because of his pretty poor first touch ( in game, not irl :eek: ) and dribbling I'd manually set Run with Ball to rarely, Long Shots to often obviously. Again because of his first touch I'd consider ticking the Holds up ball option.

I have also employed him as an anchorman successfully, but his potential in offense pretty much goes to waste there. Deep lying playmaker might be an option as well, didn't try that though.

well if you are the biggest super star in Ukraine, and it is one of the shadiest countries in the world with a very active nightlife and club scene, I'm sure Srna is getting all the glamour he can handle

then again-I still think he is overrated on FM. If he were truly hands down the best right back in the world more clubs would be interested him and he wouldnt be playing in Shaktar.

Well, I don't know if he's top RB in the world, but he's very, very good. Why he isn't in some big club? Well there are several reasons:

1. He's Croatian, which means non-EU. Some leagues keep a limit on non-EU players or have more complicated procedures to sign them.

2. He plays in Ukraine, pretty much out of the radar of most western European teams and fans. Who heard of Vidic before he joined Man Utd, and Russian league is stronger and more popular than Ukrainian.

3. Despite being unpopular league, there aren't that many teams in Europe stronger that Shakhtar. Besides top teams (Barca, Real, Man Utd, Inter etc...), I wouldn't put money on many more teams against Shakhtar.

4. Shakhtar would demand enormous amounts of money for him, Not many clubs besides the richest are able to afford his price. The down side is that he is not popular like Ronaldo, so his capture wouldn't sell many shirts.

5. Shakhtar are paying him very, very good wages. Again, not many clubs are prepared to pay better wages than that unless you're the star of the team. How many players Man Utd have with wages higher than 70,000 pounds a week?

6. He's 27, why should he move to a top team for a very small, if any, increase in salary and have real competition for a first team spot.

He's captain of Shakhtar and star of the team. He's a god in Donetsk. He plays in Europe every year, his first team place is guaranteed and he's earning insane amounts of money.

If I were in his place, some earth shattering offer would be needed to tempt me.

Sorry for the OT.

Archived