Legends 2009

Helpless

Hello Everyone

I am at the moment comprising together a Legends Database for FM 09 with a twist to what has previously been done.

Instead of being the world renown players they became the legends on this database will start as raw un-nurtured talent.

All I am doing is putting in their positions and setting their PA to -10. They all start off where they began their life as footballers with a two year contract and are all down as being born in 1991.

It will be upto you to nurture them and make them into the world superstars they became.

I have started adding players tonight and will be adding more as I go along over the course of the next week or two, hoping to have something together to release (if anyone is intrested) in about a fortnights time

So far players in are.

Goalkeepers

Neville Southall

Gordon Banks

Dino Zoff

Lev Yashin

Claudio Taffarel

Peter Shilton

Peter Schmeichel

Pat Jennings

Rene Higuita

Hans van Breukelen

Jean-Marie Pfaff

Sepp Maier

Andoni Zubizarreta

Walter Zenga

Jan Tomaszewski

Bruce Grobberlaar

Nery Pumpido

Felix

Player suggestions for other positions or any major goalkeepers I have missed welcome. I will update almost every day once I have done a batch of players as to who has been added.

Eusébio, Pelé, Falcão, Maradona, Marco Van Basten, Ruud Gullit, Zinedine Zidane, George Weah, Jürgen Klinsmann, Romário, Hristo Stoichkov, Roberto Baggio, Gary Lineker, Lothar Matthäus, Jean-Pierre Papin, Eric Cantona, Salvatore Schillaci, Frank Rijkaard, Franco Baresi, Emilio Butragueño, Bernd Schuster, Michel Platini, Paolo Rossi, Karl-Heinz Rummenigge, etc...

Just take a look at the Ballon D'Or awards, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ballon_d%27Or

Roy Keane, George Best, Gunnar Nordahl (possibly all 3 of the Grenoli), Franz Beckenbauer, Antonio De Stefano, Ferenc Puskas, Duncan Edwards (widely acknowledged as the best prospect ever, died young in the Man Utd plane crash in '58), Gerd Muller, Zico, Zinedine Zidane, Bobby Charlton, Johan Cruyff, "Dixie" Dean, Paul Gascoigne, Ruud Gullit, Paolo Maldini (unless he still plays), Stanley Matthews, Bobby Moore, Ian Wright, Tony Adams, Gianfranco Zola..

Sorry if I doubled a name someone already mentioned, just took it out of my head and remembered a few in earlier posts which I left out. :-p

Roy Keane, Alan Shearer, Dennis Bergkamp, Henrik Larsson, Roberto Baggio, Liam Brady, Paul Gasgoine, Paul McGrath, Vinny Jones, Eric Cantona, George Best, Steve Highway, Ole Gunnar Solskjaer, Stanley Matthews, Kevin Keegan, Ian Rush, John Barnes

Just a few off the top of my head.

I'm not sure when he was Sired, but I'd only use the name Bobby Charlton for him as a player in a legends database personally. Oh, and speaking of which, I think we should leave out players that are still active like Shearer (I think he plays still, no?) and Henrik Larsson for instance, even though they'd fit more than well in such a DB.

And now for the names I forgot and dug up from the internet while taking a break from FM Live:

John Charles, Tom Finney, Garrincha, Jairzinho, Roberto Rivelino, Billy Wright, Dino Zoff, Ossie Ardiles, Mark Hughes, Nobby Stiles, Ian Rush

Archived