Franky's Wings of Fury Tactic (TOTAL DOMINATION VERSION) for FM16 (16.3)... plug and play!!!

Okay, I've finally decided to release TOTAL DOMINATION. For now, it's a 'home only' tactic, meaning it's to be used only in home games where your team are pre-match favourites. If anybody can figure out an effective away strategy by making a few changes, please let me know. I'll happily add those instructions in and credit you :)

This tactic is the same as Wings of Fury STEROID ABUSE except for a few changes that make it more potent attacking wise, without taking anything away defensively.

FORMATION

FORMATION.jpg

image hosting no account

TEAM INSTRUCTIONS

TEAM_INSTRUCTIONS.jpg

images upload

MAIN DIFFERENCES FROM WINGS OF FURY STEROID ABUSE

1. Play is more concentrated on the flanks than before. This stretches the opposition more and creates more space for the Roaming Playmaker to operate in.

2. The Complete Forward is now on support duty instead of attack, which means less balls wasted in trying to put him through on goal. He's now more inclined to receive the ball a bit deeper and either seek out the marauding wing backs or play in one of the inside forwards. Also makes late runs into the box, making him harder to mark.

3. Attacking free-kicks are now 'training ground routines', meaning each one will be different and take the opposition by surprise. All in all, they are very effective.

4. Defensive corner set up is designed to hit the opposition on the counter. Again, quite effective.

5. The team retains it's shape better, allowing for greater defensive solidity.

6. Tackling is not so reckless so less fouls committed, therefore much less chance of yellow and red cards.

TACTIC USAGE

My advice for previous versions of the tactic was that you should switch mentalities depending on pre-match odds and how each game develops. That advice can now be cast aside. This tactic is plug and play, meaning you change absolutely nothing throughout the course of the game. All you do is make your substitutions and that's it, the tactic takes care of the rest. Do remember though, it's a home tactic where your team are pre-match favourites.

PLAYER POSITIONS AND ROLES

My previous advice was to change the role for any player who is not at least 'accomplished' (i.e. 9/10 in the green suitability circle) in his role/position. That can now be ignored. However, every player must be highly competent so at least 8/10 in the green circle. Obviously, train them for their respective positions so they they get up to 9 or even 10/10. If a player is less than 8/10 then either train him up so he gets to 8/10 if he is a youngster with potential to improve or just sell him. Either way, do NOT change the role.

TYPE OF PLAYERS REQUIRED

If you've been using any of the previous versions of Wings of Fury, then you should be well acquainted with what type of players are needed but here it is anyway.......

Wing Backs – These guys are the key players in the team as the whole tactic revolves around their ability to get forward and whip in dangerous crosses for the attackers so good crossing ability is a must. High stamina and work rate will also increase their effectiveness, as will good dribbling ability. Set their training focus to 'crossing' unless it is already high, in which case set it to 'dribbling'..... the better their dribbling and crossing ability, the more effective the tactic!

Set their PPM to 'gets forward whenever possible'.

Centre Backs - Just your regular centre backs, although one must be quick so he can recover in case an attacker breaks the offside trap. The best header of the two should be in the DCR position to take advantage of attacking set pieces.

CM right – Defensively sitting in front of the back four to break up play and offensively sitting deep to pick up the loose balls and recycle possession so your typical defensive midfielder is needed. Must have a high work rate as he will be doing a lot of pressing to win the ball back in the middle of the park.

Set his PPM to 'stays back at all times'. If he has a PPM of 'gets forward whenever possible', make sure to untrain/discourage that first.

Roaming Playmaker - This guy drifts around between the defence and the attack looking to receive the ball at every opportunity and turn defence into attack in an instant so good vision and passing ability is very important. Also needs to have a high work rate as he'll be tracking back a lot to help his midfield partner keep things tight in front of the back four. Must be defensively sound as he is one of only two midfielders in the centre of the park.

Set his training focus to dribbling as that'll make him far more effective for the role.

Attacking Midfielder – Your typical creative/goalscoring attacking midfielder is needed here so someone like Juan Mata would be perfect.

Inside Forwards – There's two of these guys and they'll be looking to get on the end of attacking moves and especially to take advantage of crosses fired in from the wing back on the opposite flank so good finishing and 'off the ball' ability is important. Also need to be creative as they will look to fashion chances for their team mates. Left footer on the right flank and right footer on the left works best.

Complete Forward – Must be strong, as he'll be holding the ball up a lot when waiting for runners (wing backs and inside forwards) to get forward before trying to play them in. If he lacks strength, he'll get muscled off the ball a lot, lose possession cheaply and put the team under pressure. Pace is a real bonus as it will enable him to burst clear when he's in a race with a centre back. Jumping reach and heading ability would also be helpful as he'll look to get on the end of crosses from both flanks. Ultimately though, whatever else he has, strength is going to be his most important physical asset. The whole set up relies on him having the strength to hold up play while waiting for support.

ABSOLUTE MUST HAVES

The advice above should suffice but I will reiterate some of it below as it is an absolute must if you want this tactic to work for you.........

1. Both full backs and centre mids must have a high work rate.

2. Both full backs must have good crossing ability.

3. Striker must be strong

3. Every player must have at least 8/10 in the green suitability circle.

FURTHER ADVICE

Inswinging corners only and make sure your striker and both centre backs do NOT take them.

If you have a player sent off, sacrifice the AMC.

As always, please leave feedback as it's really appreciated and has actually helped me develop this tactic :) I know I've said it's plug and play but I'm sure there's a way of deploying it better when your team is the underdog, so I'm open to suggestion as far as that is concerned.

Franky's Wings of Fury Tactic (TOTAL DOMINATION VERSION) for FM16 (16.3) PLUG & PLAY_93EB57C8-91F6-4B30-B617-CB898C69035E.fmf

Franky it's great to see you back in action on the FM scene! Will give this a proper test, though I've not been a fan of match engine this year (I won everything crossing everything...). I had high hopes for new patch but it is what it is, hopefully this tactic can bring back some excitement for me! If I score and/or concede another goal from crosses I could cry :lol:

Franky it's great to see you back in action on the FM scene! Will give this a proper test, though I've not been a fan of match engine this year (I won everything crossing everything...). I had high hopes for new patch but it is what it is, hopefully this tactic can bring back some excitement for me! If I score and/or concede another goal from crosses I could cry :lol:

Thanks for the kind words. As for crossing, indeed it's a very profitable avenue of attack to get players out wide who get plenty of crosses in. As for defending against crosses, I have my wing backs on maximum closing down and also the inside forwards on support duty to help out defensively when the opposition attack down the flanks...... but I'm afraid this tactic does profit heavily from crosses so might not be your cup of tea :)

Do you mind posting the changes for FM touch users. Thanks

I'm also an FM Touch user. Just download the tactic. I can't disclose all the changes as need to keep a bit of mystery for the users :D If you mean mobile user and tactic is not downloadable then send me a private message and I'll give you the changes.

Hi Franky, for the strikers can i change the role to fit my player's (ex; from CF to F9) without touching the individual instructions? Thanks

Yes, you'll need to change the role if your player(s) don't have a minimum of 8 segments out of 10 lit up in the green role/duty suitability circle. I wouldn't use an F9 though as you need a striker leading the line when you play with an Enganche. A false nine will work better with an attacking midfielder on attack duty. Can also use a shadow striker but I'm not a fan of that role because he offers far less defensively, which can be a problem when you only have two players in the central midfield positions. It's also why I wouldn't recommend a Trequartista for either position. If you don't have a CF then next best option is AF. If you don't have one of them either then I would change the Enganche to attacking midfielder (attack duty) and then you can use your striker in a deeper role that suits him better (i.e. F9, DLF or DF)....... and there's no need to touch any individual instructions for anyone.

yeah i am finding that the tactic went downhill from patch 16.2 even though there was no 'ME' changes

What's gone wrong? I can't say I've noticed any change since patch 16.3.

Hi mate, getting an awful lot of bookings here using this and the previous tactic on the new patch. Anyone else finding this?

If you manually you set the the booked player to 'ease off tackles', that should prevent a second yellow. Personally, I've not noticed any more bookings than before.

Thanks for this upload Franky. I stumbled across your last tactic, with mixed results (basically been sacked as Newcastle boss and now managing Rotherham) however I'm going to persevere and as it's the start of a new season, I'll be making sure that the players have at least 8/10 in the green disc. I'll get the players to suit the tactic, not the other way round.

I'll try and remember to give you feedback.

Regarding bookings I found with my Newcastle save Coloccini and Heidara were getting booked every game but my other players weren't. I'm putting it down to them being terrible defenders!

CarlosEsDios

had a good start with San marino in serie D (slightly tweaked a couple of roles and changed set pieces + anti-crosses OI), battling with a strong Parma side for 1st place at half season. Tactic looked pretty solid, obviously scored A LOT from far post crosses, and of course if I concede it's always a cross... I think it's a very good effort under current ME.

Franky do the miracle and come up with a tactic where through balls and central play are kings :lol:

I'm at a loss now wondering whether to continue tweaking this tactic pre season or waiting for the new version!

tbh it looked like a good base, playing in lower leagues I had to get rid of the fancy roles (RPM, EG and CF) and play around with team mentality (mostly control, counter and contain) but the tactic seemed pretty solid.

thanks franky appreciate your hard work!

Thank you Penza. Your kind words make putting the time in worthwhile :)

I'm at a loss now wondering whether to continue tweaking this tactic pre season or waiting for the new version!

If you can get something that works for your team, that would be great but the updated version is looking very promising..... consistently scoring heavily (just need to test it more to ensure consistency). This is an example......

7_0_vs_Man_City.jpg

host image online

I see Depay only got 7.1! But he came on I guess...

Yeah, he only came on for the last 10 minutes or so, so not enough time to build up a decent rating.

when will this be available to download

Hopefully before the weekend. The tactic is done, just need to test for consistency :)

any news about when u will upload the tactic mate

During the weekend some time hopefully. As I said, the tactic is done but due to it's high risk and reward nature, I need to figure out a usage formula. It'll be a fairly simple one such as adjust mentality or tempo depending on pre match odds....... just need to test it further to see what works best. Don't want to release a tactic that I don't know how to use :)

Release the tactic Franky please, we (your tactic fans) want testing the new tactic, release today please :)

Lol, I did say I was gonna upload it at the weekend but due to a few hiccups, I've not been able to. Also busy with work so that's another thing holding me back...... will release it some time this week but only after at least half a season's testing.

Lol, I did say I was gonna upload it at the weekend but due to a few hiccups, I've not been able to. Also busy with work so that's another thing holding me back...... will release it some time this week but only after at least half a season's testing.

Come on man, get your priorities right. That 'work' thing is overrated anyway!

Come on man, get your priorities right. That 'work' thing is overrated anyway!
Haha, tell me about it. I wish work had never been invented :lol:

Anyway, after much thought and testing I've decided not to release this new tactic. Reason being that after extensive testing and tinkering, despite some spectacular results, it's not better than STEROID ABUSE as I've not been able to achieve the same level of consistency that STEROID ABUSE provides. In my only full season using STEROID ABUSE (season 2015-16), I achieved the following........

PREMIER LEAGUE WINNERS - P-38 W-31 D-6 L-1 GF-93 GA-22 GD-71 PTS-99

FA CUP WINNERS

CAPITAL ONE CUP - lost 2-1 in the final to Chelsea

CHAMPIONS LEAGUE - lost on away goals rule to Real Madrid in the semi final after beating PSG in the first knockout round and Barcelona in the quarter final.

The players I used as my Roaming Playmakers were not natural or even accomplished in that role and I feel had they been, I could have won all 4 competitions.

The tactic is very, very consistent and I feel there's no point releasing an updated version that is inferior..... that would just be stupid so if anyone is waiting for that then don't..... just enjoy using STEROID ABUSE :)

• 3 weeks later...

Okay, well I've finally decided to release this tactic. From what I've seen so far, I can confidently say it's an upgrade on STEROID ABUSE. If you liked that, you will absolutely love this one. Best of all, it's totally plug and play. You change absolutely nothing throughout the course of the game. All you do is make your substitutions and that's it, the tactic takes care of the rest. Download link is in the original post. Please leave feedback.... it's always appreciated :)

Okay, well I've finally decided to release this tactic. From what I've seen so far, I can confidently say it's an upgrade on STEROID ABUSE. If you liked that, you will absolutely love this one. Best of all, it's totally plug and play. You change absolutely nothing throughout the course of the game. All you do is make your substitutions and that's it, the tactic takes care of the rest. Download link is in the original post. Please leave feedback.... it's always appreciated :)

Franky will this version work in championship? Or do the roles not fit the league?

ok, just plugged the tac in at HT. Game was 0-0 playing at home being fav. great deal of possession and shots and corners! 60th min 1-0... 65th min 2-0 .. ok it looks very promising... now the only Q is when your the underdog and or away games... ?

70th min ... 3-0

ok, just plugged the tac in at HT. Game was 0-0 playing at home being fav. great deal of possession and shots and corners! 60th min 1-0... 65th min 2-0 .. ok it looks very promising... now the only Q is when your the underdog and or away games... ?

70th min ... 3-0

Played a few games when underdog on standard mentality and it wasn't as effective so my hunch is that you should just leave it untouched. My advice is only advice, though. Doesn't necessarily mean there isn't a better way of using the tactic in underdog situations, therefore I'm open to user suggestion.

Franky will this version work in championship? Or do the roles not fit the league?

Yes, should work in any league. Just make sure each player has at least 8/10 in the green circle.

Played a few games when underdog on standard mentality and it wasn't as effective so my hunch is that you should just leave it untouched. My advice is only advice, though. Doesn't necessarily mean there isn't a better way of using the tactic in underdog situations, therefore I'm open to user suggestion.

Yes, should work in any league. Just make sure each player has at least 8/10 in the green circle.

So if I haven't got a roaming playmaker or a complete forward do u suggest changing them to their most favourable role?

So if I haven't got a roaming playmaker or a complete forward do u suggest changing them to their most favourable role?

If you don't have any player with at least 8/10 for any position then you have no choice but to play them in their favoured role. I'd do so only as a stop gap but look to offload them as soon as you can get in adequate replacements who fit the tactic specified role(s).

If you don't have any player with at least 8/10 for any position then you have no choice but to play them in their favoured role. I'd do so only as a stop gap but look to offload them as soon as you can get in adequate replacements who fit the tactic specified role(s).

Seems to be Roaming playmaker is a hard to find role in championship/league 1 etc

So this version relies more on wing play or not?

There is a little more wing play, yes.

Seems to be Roaming playmaker is a hard to find role in championship/league 1 etc

True but 8/10 Roaming Playmakers are a lot easier to find than the very few who are 9/10.

Franky - I left the previous wings of fury to try another tactic which worked well for my Stockport side in The Championship to a point. Having just missed out on the play offs I've targeted promotion and lost my first game 1-0 at home. Saw this, downloaded it and went away from home to win 6-0 in the first game using it! Definitely sticking with it for at least this season. Great effort again pal. Still can't get those screenshots to work!

Franky - I left the previous wings of fury to try another tactic which worked well for my Stockport side in The Championship to a point. Having just missed out on the play offs I've targeted promotion and lost my first game 1-0 at home. Saw this, downloaded it and went away from home to win 6-0 in the first game using it! Definitely sticking with it for at least this season. Great effort again pal. Still can't get those screenshots to work!

Sounds good. Let us know how you get on and any observations regarding the tactic.

After further observation, I feel I've got to add the following information as my big, strong striker is absolutely smashing it in my Wycombe game.................

Must be strong, as he'll be holding the ball up a lot when waiting for runners (wing backs and inside forwards) to get forward before trying to play them in. If he lacks strength, he'll get muscled off the ball a lot, lose possession cheaply and put the team under pressure. Pace is a real bonus as it will enable him to burst clear when he's in a race with a centre back. Jumping reach and heading ability would also be helpful as he'll look to get on the end of crosses from both flanks. Ultimately though, whatever else he has, strength is going to be his most important physical asset. The whole set up relies on him having the strength to hold up play while waiting for support.

Also, a bit of advice I forgot to add before..... set the Roaming Playmakers training focus to dribbling as that'll make him far more effective for the role.

And one more thing...... I know I've said it's plug and play but I'm sure there's a way of deploying it better when your team is the underdog, so I'm open to suggestion as far as that is concerned.

Unfortunately early signs aren't great for me. It's keeping me just outside the play offs liked the tactic I used last season. Winning every home game comfortably but after winning my first game with the tactic away 6-0 I've drawn 2 lost 3 away in there league and lost in the capital one cup away too. Was 3-1 up in a game against a side struggling against the drop but I knew I wouldn't win. Sure enough I draw 3-3. Fully fluid now so I'll see how it goes. Training on defensive positioning now fully fluid - then I concede 3 against a poor side immediately which is disappointing. I'll check in after the next 10 but feel if I'm to get to the premier league I need something that isn't compromised away. Two thirds possession every game home and away and at least double the attempts of opposition every game as well.

4-0 pasting at promotion rivals means I need to stop this experiment now sadly. Not knocking the tactic as it clearly works for many but definitely not for me. I've followed all instructions and even Re- jigged my squad to make sure all the players are right for the tactic. I'm off for something different which can get me in the play offs as I've lost all hope of automatic promotion now despite more than half a season remaining. Keep up the good work Franky I'll look out for other tactics without a doubt in the future pal.

Unfortunately early signs aren't great for me. It's keeping me just outside the play offs liked the tactic I used last season. Winning every home game comfortably but after winning my first game with the tactic away 6-0 I've drawn 2 lost 3 away in there league and lost in the capital one cup away too. Was 3-1 up in a game against a side struggling against the drop but I knew I wouldn't win. Sure enough I draw 3-3. Fully fluid now so I'll see how it goes. Training on defensive positioning now fully fluid - then I concede 3 against a poor side immediately which is disappointing. I'll check in after the next 10 but feel if I'm to get to the premier league I need something that isn't compromised away. Two thirds possession every game home and away and at least double the attempts of opposition every game as well.

If you are regularly dominating the game with possession and shots at goal but still losing, that would suggest your attackers just aren't clinical enough. Let me know if that's the case because I'm relying on feedback such as yours to see what can be done regarding tactic usage for away games or when your opponents are better than you.

Archived