[FM2016] European Cups 90s

1021166d1455390223-european-old-cups-90s-s289959324753393394_p8_i1_w640.png

Hi!

I've made Euro Cups from 90s years.

Champions League is only for champions (16 teams in groups stage) (53 teams in this competition);

Cup Winners' Cup - 54 teams - winners FA Cup;

UEFA Cup 104 teams - include 3 winners from InterToto Cup;

InterToto Cup - 53 teams; 3 winner teams qualify for 1st round UEFA Cup;

Euro SuperCup (start from next season) Champions League winner 'vs Cup Winners' Cup winner.

DOWNLOAD version '90

http://www.mediafire.com/download/bb6bnrv32pgidss/EC90s_v1.010_6B49E6D1-C505-46DB-9AF6-8486E2ACDAEF.fmf

DOWNLOAD version '80 NO CHAMPIONS LEAGUE

http://www.mediafire.com/download/7udkwy525w2d5rq/EOC80s_v1.000_55710B28-FB95-41C0-83D2-4FD24048810C.fmf

Great one! How did you do this? What I maybe want to try is to make it only 2 tournaments. The Championsleague only including the Champion and Cup Winner from a country and the Europaleague for the others (Don't want to use the name UEFA..maffia :) )

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Well, this has prompted me to purchase FM16! I have ran a test holiday save and it has ran without crashing for 3 and a half seasons. I'm very impressed. Well done mauvais.

One thing I am thinking about now is the financial implications upon the game world. Has anyone done a really long term save using 80s or 90s? With less teams being in European competition does this create a more stagnate financial world, or does it actually promote stability among clubs?

I am also wondering if the coding was changed regards to club chairmen's expectations of managers? For example, with only one European Cup place available (80s version), is that reflected by the expectations of the chairmen? Ie. my team West Ham for example, would be unlikely to win the league, but more of a (slim) chance of finishing 4th and thus Champions League football under the present rules. Now, if at the start of the season, the chairman demands Champions League football and West Ham finish 4th the chairman will be happy, but not so under the old 80s rules. Therefore the manager would probably be sacked for not finishing 1st and therefore not qualifying for the European Cup. This would be very harsh as finishing 4th would be no mean feat for a team not expected to be up there.

So, what I am trying to say (in a long winded way) is are the game's expectations altered to account for the fact that it is now harder to qualify for Europe? Or do you see more high profile sackings for not achieving European qualification? My guess is the latter as the only coding changed is the European qualifications and competition formats. Does this ruin the long term gameplay????

appy that is a valid question as this is a great piece of work and much appreciated but as you suggest could have implications if the board expectations are the same it would be very interesting haven't tested this yet as I am still doing other projects will give it a go in about a week

• 2 weeks later...

I believe the board expectation will be fine - at the code level they're probably set to be applicable to the whole of Europe especially as there's a theoretical possibility England's coefficient could tank and leave them with only one Champions League spot anyway. Boards most likely look at where they expect you to finish and translate that to a continental competition if applicable - so a team they wanted to be in or around the Top 4 they may set the expectation of Uefa Cup football instead.

The co-efficient seems to be disabled as you cannot view it. So possibly means that England stays with the 4 places for Europe. However as I type I realise that you don't really need the co-efficient as that's really to depict how many champions league places you will get. Using the 80s file means it's only the league champions that go into the European Cup. AS IT ALWAYS SHOULD BE :p

• 2 months later...

I saw that in the UEFA cup there are some leagues have 2 representatives and others alone. You made reference to a league is 2 classified and others only one.

It is just to know. I love these files, especially the cups 80 '.

Thanks and Grettings.

• 2 months later...

Sadly this file (the 80s one at least) messes up the Northern Irish league fixtures for the second season, whereby no fixtures are scheduled. After looking into it further, things go wrong after the Irish Premiership league splits in two after 33 games, like how Scotland does. However Scotland works ok. Unlike Scotland, N.Ireland has a European qualification Playoff Semi Final and Final between 3rd and 6th, according to the rules in the game. Whatever happens, only half the teams complete their remaining 5 matches but they are against non league sides and not sides from their half of the league? The other half don't play, keeping them on 33 games. Consequently the European Playoff matches are never played, consequently the next season's league fixtures never get scheduled. The European matches and Cup matches for the next season do get scheduled however!

I don't know if there is anyway this can be fixed mauvais?

• 2 months later...

I have a doubt, so, the files are ok, there's no aparent corrupt stuff BUT I do have UEFA CL, UEFA CUP and UEFA CWC but no Intertoto, I mean, a cup I don't recognize appears named Pre-Euro Cup with a red logo. It has teams like Porto and Leverkusen wich do not make sense since Porto was third in Portugal and finalist in the cup so they should ne in the UEFA Cup, no this "Pre-Euro cup" and Braga should be in the UEFA CWC since they won the portuguese cup. Sporting is in the UEFA CWC but they didn't even played the Portuguese cup final, they finished second though, so they should be in the UEFA Cup in Braga's Spot.

To sum it up:

- Pre-Euro Cup appears out of nowhere ( I believe it's the Intertoto but with a wrong name )

- Teams not places correctly in the competitions

• 4 weeks later...

Archived