Which Tablets can play FMT16 and how much do they cost.

I made a similar list last year, and I have done the same again this year, but i've broken them down into the different prices as shown because ultimately this is probably the most important thing for most of us!

Spot any errors? Let me know and i ll fix.

You can also see the same list of compatible tablets for FM Touch 2016 on my website, which is where I also published last years list too and it was very useful to lots of people.

Would be cool to expand this if anyone can share there experience with each compatible tablet?

Cheaper Range (for under £200)

Acer Iconia Tab 8 A1-840FHD £96.11 (used price)

Asus Memo Pad 8 ME581CL £116.00

Asus ZenPad S 8.0 Z580C £169.99

Lenovo Tab 2 A10-70 £171.75

Lenovo Tab S8 £129.99

Lenovo Yoga Tablet 2 10.1 £179.95

Lenovo Yoga Tablet 2 8.0£129.99

Mid Price Range Tablets (£200 – £400)

Acer Iconia Tab 10 A3-A30 £209.99

LG G Pad 8.3 £227.49

Nokia N1 £235.00

Nvidia Shield £250.00

Nvidia Shield LTE £370.00

Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 (2014 Edition) £319.99

Lenovo Yoga Tablet 10 HD+ £289.00

Lenovo Yoga Tablet 2 Pro £399.99

HP Slate 17 £395.96

Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 10.1 £344.99

Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4 £289.99

Sony Xperia Tablet Z LTE £369.99

Sony Xperia Tablet Z Wi-Fi £483.35 new, but much more affordable used (under £200) as its an older tablet

Sony Xperia Z3 Tablet Compact £356.53

Samsung Galaxy Tab S 8.4 £248.39

Samsung Galaxy Tab S 8.4 LTE £369.99

High Price Range Tablets (If you have the money to burn)

HTC Nexus 9 £599.99

HP Pro Slate 12 £530.00

HP Pro Slate 10 EE G1 £447.54

Asus Transformer Pad TF303CL £462.29

Samsung Galaxy Note Pro 12.2 £554.99

Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 10.1 LTE £499.99

Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 12.2 £554.99

Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 12.2 LTE £594.99

Samsung Galaxy Tab S 10.5 £554.99

Samsung Galaxy Tab S 10.5 LTE £429.00

Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 8.0 £577.16

Sony Xperia Z2 Tablet LTE £413.99

Sony Xperia Z2 Tablet Wi-Fi £438.99

Sony Xperia Z4 Tablet LTE £579.99

Sony Xperia Z4 Tablet WiFi £501.63

Requires Confirmation

NVIDIA SHIELD K1 £149.98 (this is a very high spec tablet (4K resolution + better performance for cheaper than previous models)) this is a bargain price, and if we can confirm that this is able to play FM Touch 16 then it would be very good to know. So please can someone confirm they have played this with an image as proof and tell us about performance etc.

From a Mod in replies below

"Re the NVIDIA SHIELD K1 - we don't have one in-house so I can't 100% confirm its compatibility, but I believe hardware wise it is similar to the original Nvidia Shield ."

I'm always bangin on about the Nvidia Shield tab on these forums :) but it's been re-released here for £149.

It's just a STEAL.

Worth noting that in order to achieve this new low price point they've had to remove both the charger & the stylus from the tablet - a shame but no dramas really.

I'm always bangin on about the Nvidia Shield tab on these forums :) but it's been re-released here for £149.

Is the Nvidia Shield tablet K1 to be considered the same as the Nvidia Shield in terms of game compatibility? Please answer only if you are 100% sure otherwise I'll have to find you to get my 200€ back...

Is the Nvidia Shield tablet K1 to be considered the same as the Nvidia Shield in terms of game compatibility? Please answer only if you are 100% sure otherwise I'll have to find you to get my 200€ back...

Im pretty sure it wouldnt work. The way i understand it, is that its a device only thing, rather than a spec thing.

They have to tweak the game one device at a time in order for it to work and be compatible with said device. So if its not on the list then its not compatible.. but dont take my word on this. Would be good to have confirmation

Indeed, we need someone who has bought both the K1 and FMT16 to be 100%.

That said, the 2 devices are identical in every other way, bar the missing stylus pen.

I'll eat my raumdeuter if it doesn't run on it.

It certainly should. The K1 is significantly more powerful than most of the tablets on the list, and can be bought for as little as £135 via cashback sites like Quidco / TCB then on to BT shop.

Incidentally, the link in the OP is probably the wrong one for the Nvidia Shield Tab as it goes through to the 5" one with the built in controller.

just curious the tablet I have was only 4.2.2 but with updates it is now 4.4.2 yet it still says i cant have the game ? I dont know much about tablets so any help would be appreciated.

its a lenovo a5500-h

That tablet isn't supported I'm afraid. You can see a full list of supported tablets here: http://www.footballmanager.com/games/football-manager-touch-2016#compatibility

I'm using a Teclast x98 Air 3G, should be a China Tablet. Bought it from aliexpress for about USD190. It worked really well with the FMC 15 android version and had a lot fun with it. Just downloaded the FMT 16. Seems like the 3D engine is a bit laggy. I guess its pretty memory intensive.

Any idea on how FMT performs on lenovo yoga 2 8.0"? It is a relatively affordable tablet with ver good reviews. My only concern is whether it will be compatible with FMT 17.

Yes Lenovo Yoga Tablet 2 8.0 £129.99 does seem like a good option for sure for the price. The full spec can be seen here. Id say the 1.3 GHz should be ok to deal with this game, the 2GB of RAM could be a little troublesome, but there isnt much more you can do at that price range except the NVIDIA SHIELD K1

It certainly should. The K1 is significantly more powerful than most of the tablets on the list, and can be bought for as little as £135 via cashback sites like Quidco / TCB then on to BT shop.

Incidentally, the link in the OP is probably the wrong one for the Nvidia Shield Tab as it goes through to the 5" one with the built in controller.

I have updated the list now, and it includes the correct NVIDIA tablets now.

Thanks for pointing that out! :)

Just a heads up that Quidco are offering 10% cashback on Currys this weekend which would bring the high end Galaxy S2 8" tablet down to just under £200. Having been to try them all out, this seemed to be the best option for me in terms of portability (it's incredibly light), screen (HD Amoled) and power (3gb ram, meaty processor).

Nvidia Shield is excellent for the price (£135 if you shop around) but much heavier than the Samsung. Ideal for sofa/bed gaming I'd say.

I'm using a Teclast x98 Air 3G, should be a China Tablet. Bought it from aliexpress for about USD190. It worked really well with the FMC 15 android version and had a lot fun with it. Just downloaded the FMT 16. Seems like the 3D engine is a bit laggy. I guess its pretty memory intensive.

Yeah I know this one, should be Intel Atom based Android Tablet. But it's not on the lists, I mean either FMC15 & FMT16, not on their lists? And running just fine? That say we may try our luck even some devices not on lists? :D

Yeah I know this one, should be Intel Atom based Android Tablet. But it's not on the lists, I mean either FMC15 & FMT16, not on their lists? And running just fine? That say we may try our luck even some devices not on lists? :D

well i would just test it on an adroid tablet as usually there is that refund option if the thing does not work well. :)

i'm quite happy with it so far. i do not have much time to play the game on the desktop/laptop, so this version works well so far. has its nibbles here and there, but for the price, its decent. but i think by FMT 2017, I would probably need to get a better tablet.

Re the Shield Tablet K1 - we don't have one in-house so I can't 100% confirm its compatibility, but I believe hardware wise it is similar to the original Shield Tablet.

I have a brand new K1 and can confirm that (for me at least) FMT works like a dream on it. For the first time ever my 2hr daily commute actually seems too short now...

I might start looking for a tablet soon to play FMT on my commute. Not good at this as never needed a tablet so would be appreciated if someone could briefly advice:

1) is 10" screen enough to play comfortably without tiring eyes quickly and see everything you need to see in the game (on the pitch as well as in menus)?

2) how much RAM and hard drive space is enough to play longer careers without major issues?

3) how those under 200 quid tablets cope with the game generally? and how likely are they to cope decently with FMT17 (question for SI people I guess)?

4) is it possible to switch between the game and other apps or websites etc?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Anyone know if Touch will play on a Tesco Hudl2?

Im curious because the Hudl specs are much better than the MeMo Pad 8 listed as compatible in the OP, yet the Play store lists the Hudl as incompatible

I might start looking for a tablet soon to play FMT on my commute. Not good at this as never needed a tablet so would be appreciated if someone could briefly advice:

1) is 10" screen enough to play comfortably without tiring eyes quickly and see everything you need to see in the game (on the pitch as well as in menus)?

2) how much RAM and hard drive space is enough to play longer careers without major issues?

3) how those under 200 quid tablets cope with the game generally? and how likely are they to cope decently with FMT17 (question for SI people I guess)?

4) is it possible to switch between the game and other apps or websites etc?

Thanks in advance for any help.

I got the nexus 9 its a near 9" screen so nice size but its a short quick android tablet one of the fastest and it will always be updated by Google which is a plus. They are pretty cheap in Argos at the moment

I got the nexus 9 its a near 9" screen so nice size but its a short quick android tablet one of the fastest and it will always be updated by Google which is a plus. They are pretty cheap in Argos at the moment

Ok, but which (if any) of my questions did you mean to answer? Have you actually played FMT on your tablet and want to add something to the topic? Sorry, I just don't get what you're trying to say :D

Ended up getting a Galaxy S2 when it worked out at just under £200. Samsung are doing £50 cashback on them at the moment but as the retail price has gone up to £299 it doesn't work out so well. However, if anyone can hang on until after Xmas then I'd expect a few good S2 deals which might work out very well with £50 cashback if you buy before 31st Dec.

Best bang for the buck is probably the Shield K1 going via Quidco to the BT shop for 10% extra cashback. So go to http://www.quidco.com/bt-shop then use the link there to the BT shop who are selling it for £150. Total cost £135(ish) after the cashback.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Archived