Friday Release

The game is technically already available for download, just in the BETA form. If you purchase on Friday or after (when you get paid), you will get the full release, which I presume will come with a release day patch to resolve as many of the issues as they can by then.

The game is technically already available for download, just in the BETA form. If you purchase on Friday or after (when you get paid), you will get the full release, which I presume will come with a release day patch to resolve as many of the issues as they can by then.

I'll be buying Friday. Can I log on to steam at midnight to purchase do you know? Thanks in advance.

I'll be buying Friday. Can I log on to steam at midnight to purchase do you know? Thanks in advance.

There is no reason why you wouldn't be able to log in at midnight and purchase. The great thing about online stores is that there are no opening or closing hours.

Most people will already have downloaded it in the form of the BETA. It will be the patch if anything that affects this.

I have always found the Steam servers to be fairly reliable during releases, and they usually hold a fairly decent speed.

Yes you can do that but it might be wise to wait a bit, due to the amount of users also downloading it.
Most people will already have downloaded it in the form of the BETA. It will be the patch if anything that affects this.

I have always found the Steam servers to be fairly reliable during releases, and they usually hold a fairly decent speed.

Steam deals with much, much larger releases than Football Manager. It's still remarkably niche compared to something like Fallout 4 or Black Ops 3.

So substitute any other game in there with a much larger audience than FM has. Shouldn't be hard.

FM is only really beaten by valves games on steam, pretty much any day of the year DOTA2, Counter-Strike, TF2 and FM make up the top four most played games on Steam, even today with FM16 sort of out FM15 is still in the top 10 and is only just beaten by Black Ops 3 ~50,000 v ~40,000 users, though yes Fallout4 has blown it away with over 300,000 users.

Archived