FM2016 - TheMinsterman's Egyptian Treasure Trove

TheMinsterman

Join me as I uncover some of the hidden gems of Football Manager in a country a few of you may not have though about looking in for cheap but top quality talent. Egyptian players tend to be very easy to purchase for very reasonable prices, but you can get some top talent for your cash, it's gold mine if you take the time to scour it.

Defenders

fm16ahmedhegazistats.png

Great defender for free, well worth a gamble.

fm16saadsamir.png

Pretty good little defender, again, cheap and worth a gamble.

Midfielders

fm16salehgomaastats.png

Got some potential to be quite a handy little player.

fm16ramirabiastats.png

Rabia develops into a good solid fairly versatile midfielder, worth have in the squad if not as a star player.

fm16ramadansobhystats.png

Sobhy is a brilliant player and is being chased by the big guns early on, it's well worth getting him in for cheap and developing him with you club.

fm16husseinalsayedstats.png

I know his role starts as a LB, but his stats are screaming out for some retraining as a left winger, he could be fantastic in that role.

Strikers

fm16amrgamalstats.png

My love for Gamal is unlimited, in FM2015 he scored 30+ goals every season for three years straight at Basel, testing him on this one his goal ratio isn't looking like it's on the slide. I highly recommend you join the #Gamalution, he's easily my favourite FM player.

Great thread. This is what FM is all about for me - scouring the database for obscure gems. I've commented on a different thread that Sobhi looks ace (pretty handy IRL, by all accounts) but Gomaa too looks very handy. Vaguely remember him being hawked around Europe IRL a couple of years back, with moves to Dortmund and Man Utd mooted, before he ended up in Portugal.

WPs look to be an issue for most (or all) of them

Hegazi does not get it

looks like Gamal doesn't

my scout reports suggested that the whole national team on a large DB would fail to get a permit (other than those already established in the UK, and Salah)

I remember Gamal having basically the exact same stats in the last FM, but was right only, so he looks a much more enticing prospect in 16

He was a monster in the previous game, at least in "smaller clubs". He was a talisman for my Basel side (in Europe too, he bagged goals in the CL against big teams like Barca and others), ironically the reason I discovered Egypt was actually a treasure trove waiting to be unearthed was I wanted to see if I could make the next Mohamed Salah to sell on for big bucks. It seems this year there's a few more jewels to bring in.

Signed Sobhy for 550k on deadline day at Spurs. Since he didn't get a WP I loaned him out to APOEL the very same day, who were happy to pay a 450k loan fee. :D

Only in December and he's already valued at 4.2M and seems to be APOEL's star player. Got 3 goals and 2 assists in their EL group, good going considering APOEL only managed 4 points and 6 goals in their group. Also got 4 caps since joining so should get a WP soon enough.

Also got 4 caps since joining so should get a WP soon enough.

appeal the decision (as you can every 4 months) and see if he gets the WP

it might be like Tariq, in that they intially fail the WP, but then get them in October/November time after playing enough international fixtures (ready to be registered as a 'new' player in Jan)

i've done an AC Milan game in the beta and can't find any of these. is there a particular setting or whatever to allow all these players to be about?

i'm wondering this too, i have a large database and the major European leagues up and running. Obviously i cant find a Egyptian league to run otherwise i would do that.

So what do i need to do to find these players?

i'm wondering this too, i have a large database and the major European leagues up and running. Obviously i cant find a Egyptian league to run otherwise i would do that.

So what do i need to do to find these players?

maybe load the Egyptian-based players?

under advanced settings when you pick the leagues (click where it says 'database size' and select advanced)

Archived