The last minute or so of matches

I'm guessing you are talking about the final "highlight" that is the match ending? I have this as well, most of the time it's only a short highlight, but I have had a couple that goes from the 85th minute into 5 minutes of stoppage time without any chances happening.

I'm pretty certain SI put this in by popular request from people on here because without it, the match just weirdly counts down and ends.

I like it, especially in close matches, just adds that bit of extra tension.

People used to complain the last minute would always have highlights when they were 1-0 up but skip right to the end with no highlights if they were 0-1 down. This method at least stops that complaint from materialising. You can always switch it to text-only before injury times comes up or put it on max speed to get through it.

One could argue that the last minute, despite not always eventful, is always key. Would we also do away with the kick off?

Yes

and do away with the highlight after the shot has passed the goalkeeper too (we all know it ends as a goal kick - unless it's the opposition and an obvious goal)

Key shows goals, good chances, good saves, sendings off, etc.

I thought it got changed when comprehensive was introduced a couple of years ago?

Comprehensive is what Extended used to be

Extended is what key used to be

Key is ?

How does key differ to extended now?

Anyway I guess thats off on a tangent, I don't know whether I would expect the ending included or not on key. I think I would as its the end of the match but then I'm used to comprehensive which maybe affects my opinion.

I thought it got changed when comprehensive was introduced a couple of years ago?

Comprehensive is what Extended used to be

Extended is what key used to be

Key is ?

How does key differ to extended now?

Anyway I guess thats off on a tangent, I don't know whether I would expect the ending included or not on key. I think I would as its the end of the match but then I'm used to comprehensive which maybe affects my opinion.

Yep, thought it was changed so Extended = old version of key etc.

I thought Key is just goals, CCC's and red cards ("notable instances").

Extended includes Half chances and the odd 'dead play' where a chance could arise but doesn't, Comprehensive is... pretty much everything, set pieces and so on. - One of the key differences from Extended and Comprehensive is that you get to watch a lot less corners on Extended!

Archived