Change asking prices

Hi

Is it possible to change the database and asking prices? I want to decrease (about 30-50%) ALL asking prices of players in the game, specially the young players (under 18 - decrease 100-300%). I dont want to discuss whether its realistic or not (i have given up). I know crazy asking prices is a clubs way to say "not fore sale" and i also know you can negotiate some sort, but i think its unrealistic and it will never happen that way in real life and it ruins the game. Please just answer my question (is it possible to change the database?), i dont want to discuss. Thanks.

Asking prices are not static, so not very likely that database editing will help much. A player that is not for sale can be available next month, or next year. Get the IGE (InGame Editor) and transfer players to your club for free. Since you're not bothered with playing by the rules anyway, I mean.

its all relevant to the players club, if he is their best player then it would take alot to sell him.

But the changes would only be for the first few seasons because regens would bring higher reps. you could mass edit players to have minimum release clauses but again would only work until they move clubs. there is no way to permanently alter this due to calculations under the hood so to speak. 'Genie scout' gives an idea of selling prices but they are not accurate due to them not knowing the calculation FM uses

I just want realistic asking prices... 100m for a 18 year old decent player (110PA) is'nt realistic.. This happens lot in the game.. I know its the clubs way to say "not for sale", but it will never happen in real life like this..

well maybe not to that extent. Everton have told chelsea that they want more money for Stones.

Basically, the club says he's not for sale but if you pay us x amount then you can talk to him, you can either test their resolve by increasing your bid, pay what they want or move on to a different player.

Newcastle most probably didn't want to sell Carroll, so they gave Liverpool what they thought was a high price thinking they wont give us that. So they kept Carroll happy buy not rejecting a bid from a better club, but saying if they meet our valuation then you can go. Liverpool gave them 50mil and the rest is history, but who knows perhaps newcastle said 70mil liverpool came back with 50mil.

But the be all end all of this is the fact that fm player complained when we just got told he's not for sale. They argued every player has a price. So now we have to live with this situation even if it frustrating at times.

I just want realistic asking prices... 100m for a 18 year old decent player (110PA) is'nt realistic.. This happens lot in the game.. I know its the clubs way to say "not for sale", but it will never happen in real life like this..

Three months on and you have learned nothing :(

Its pointless explaining it again as you never listen when people explain it to you.

Asking prices are realistic, if a club don't want to sell they don't have to and you don't have the right to sign anyone you like. Until you understand that you will never progress.

Reducing the values set in the nation transfer tables might help achieve something close to what you want however that means the prices clubs are willing to pay for your players could also drop.

You can build a world class team over time by searching for the right players willing to join your club without paying well over the odds.

However, this requires an element of patience and getting out the mindset that you should just be able to sign anyone you want. So, I'm spotting the flaw here.

On my latest save I've become less annoyed at this feature, and realised it's probably not as unrealistic as I thought previously (and was my main moan about the game).

I find if you continue to monitor these players, declare interest as transfer, and wait until the player has 1/2 years left on contract you can eventually get them for a decent price.

Example: Found a DMC at Dortmund, enquire, they want 50+ million and not really budging on negotiation. A year or so later managed to get him for about 15M plus some add ons, as he'd been unsettled and had 2 years left on contract.

Morale of the story, find the players you want, persevere and you can get them!

If you reduce all asking prices, then you'll lose your own players too. And it'll mess up the financial model of the game, as prize money and TV money will still be huge but clubs will be spending less. It's too big an issue to change using the editor. If it really frustrates you, just transfer the player using the editor and take off some money from your club and give it to another club. Obviously not realistic but gives you the end result you want.

On my latest save I've become less annoyed at this feature, and realised it's probably not as unrealistic as I thought previously (and was my main moan about the game).

I find if you continue to monitor these players, declare interest as transfer, and wait until the player has 1/2 years left on contract you can eventually get them for a decent price.

Example: Found a DMC at Dortmund, enquire, they want 50+ million and not really budging on negotiation. A year or so later managed to get him for about 15M plus some add ons, as he'd been unsettled and had 2 years left on contract.

Morale of the story, find the players you want, persevere and you can get them!

This. To add to it, I'd say that if you expect to just sign anyone you want pretty much instantly, then it's true to a point, but you're going to have to pay mega-bucks. If you play the long game, dig in, and accept that sometimes you just won't get your man, then you'll be surprised at the players you can pick up. And the same definitely goes the other way - dig your heels in with players you don't want to sell, and you'll get a decent amount.

This. To add to it, I'd say that if you expect to just sign anyone you want pretty much instantly, then it's true to a point, but you're going to have to pay mega-bucks. If you play the long game, dig in, and accept that sometimes you just won't get your man, then you'll be surprised at the players you can pick up. And the same definitely goes the other way - dig your heels in with players you don't want to sell, and you'll get a decent amount.

I don't think I have ever had this happen in '15, ever. As soon as I negotiate anything higher than an incremental increase, clubs walk away and never come back.

'One stalled negotiation? Well, forget all about it then and we won't sign the striker we apparently desperately want.'

I don't think I have ever had this happen in '15, ever. As soon as I negotiate anything higher than an incremental increase, clubs walk away and never come back.

'One stalled negotiation? Well, forget all about it then and we won't sign the striker we apparently desperately want.'

What makes you think they "desperately" want the player? Did Arsenal desperately want Suarez when they put in their famous £40,000,001 bid? Did Man Utd desperately want Raheem Sterling when they put in a bid that was never going to be accepted?

In my experience a club has an amount in their minds that they're willing to pay, and they'll usually start things out well below that. I usually negotiate to above what I'd probably accept. If the club walks away at that, then they obviously weren't that interested. If the club then negotiates back, then you can usually get them to around what you want for them. I've also had clubs come back who initially walked away, and have got them eventually giving me close to what I wanted.

This does happen though, unless they find someone else. I had this in FM14 already. I've rejected 40-50m offers, sticking to my 80m asking price and eventually this was accepted. I've sold a player for over 100m by doing the same, except I rejected every approach. Eventually, I caved and asked for 120m and it was negotiated to 106m.

Asking prices change depending on the club i agree that some clubs rip you off specially clubs in Spain, England, Holland, France, and some clubs in Italy(Empoli are actually asking me for 110m to sign one of their regens :D) but here is the thing thought they don't really want that much it's just a polite way to tell you the player is not for sale.

You have South America, Eastern Europe, Africa, Asia or even 2nd tier clubs in top countries selling for insanely cheap prices.

What makes you think they "desperately" want the player? Did Arsenal desperately want Suarez when they put in their famous £40,000,001 bid? Did Man Utd desperately want Raheem Sterling when they put in a bid that was never going to be accepted?

In my experience a club has an amount in their minds that they're willing to pay, and they'll usually start things out well below that. I usually negotiate to above what I'd probably accept. If the club walks away at that, then they obviously weren't that interested. If the club then negotiates back, then you can usually get them to around what you want for them. I've also had clubs come back who initially walked away, and have got them eventually giving me close to what I wanted.

I didn't mean they desperately wanted my player, I meant they desperately wanted a striker. They can't have mine, so they just don't sign any.

Have none of them ever heard of a shortlist with a Plan B?

Thank you very much BARSIDE - how do i reduce valuves in the nation transfer table?? Do I have to use FM Editor?
Yes, you'll need to use the pre-game editor. Unless someone beats me to it I'll post an image of the screen you need to do this on when I get home later this evening,

I didn't mean they desperately wanted my player, I meant they desperately wanted a striker. They can't have mine, so they just don't sign any.

Have none of them ever heard of a shortlist with a Plan B?

Never seen a team do that.

Whenever I've rejected offers the teams have always moved onto other targets.

You can also see this for yourself if you employ a DOF. He will move from one target to another if he can't agree terms or gets a bid rejected although some are more active than other which will be down to their attributes.

If you reduce all asking prices, then you'll lose your own players too. And it'll mess up the financial model of the game, as prize money and TV money will still be huge but clubs will be spending less. It's too big an issue to change using the editor. If it really frustrates you, just transfer the player using the editor and take off some money from your club and give it to another club. Obviously not realistic but gives you the end result you want.

I'll second this. Messing with the financial model on a fundamental level like this can seriously damage your game.

Archived