Why does this happen so much with defenders at all levels?

Have you uploaded it to the bugs forum for SI to assess?

I suspect its trying to show either a bad touch by the defender or a bad backpass.

I wouldn't mind if this happened every now and again but it's more than a few times a season and yes the player here isn't an amazing one but I've had it happen at Ajax quite often and they have really good defenders infact I buy defenders with a nice first touch and passing so I'm just a little confused and hoping it's a bug with the ME.

I notice it every now and then. I don't think it's due to bad first touch because when I experience it, the defender seems to slow down as he gets closer to the ball. I've posted about this in the bugs forum before too.

Any luck? and I don't mean to be snappy but I'm way off the play offs now because of this type of goal. It's just crap. :(

Any luck? and I don't mean to be snappy but I'm way off the play offs now because of this type of goal. It's just crap. :(

I'm hoping it gets fixed in the 15.3 patch. I tried my best to make sense of it but like you said, it really does happen to players at all levels and it's too frequent to be a one-off mistake.

I think there is several complicated, but intended triggers for this mistake.

Pressure, Experience, how long have they played for you team in that role in a stable tactics.

My experienced team, they seem to absolutely hate returning the ball to the keeper after a while and now almost always head or pass upfield, even if it result in a lost ball.

I'm surprised by that statement. Wrong back passes happen all the time in real life. The frequency with which they appear might be to high in the game (I don't know, really, but it's a possibility), but just the fact of them happening doesn't strike me as a bug per se.

I'm surprised by that statement. Wrong back passes happen all the time in real life. The frequency with which they appear might be to high in the game (I don't know, really, but it's a possibility), but just the fact of them happening doesn't strike me as a bug per se.

That wasn't a pass.

That wasn't a pass.

I see, it's a poor first touch, after which the striker poaches the ball off of him. The animation could be better, but still I don't see that as a bug in itself. Perhaps I am just to forgiving of the 3D animations, and try too hard to translate them to real action.

Archived