Never Be Outplayed 4-1-2-2-1 FM15 Patch 15.1.4

This tactic will strictly be available through e-mail only, as i'm paranoid that posting it here will render it useless when the next patch is released(call me crazy i don't care).

It is a 4-1-2-2-1 as stated with the following

Gk - Goalkeeper - Defend

DR - Full Back - Support

DL - Full Back - Support

DC - Central Defender - Defend

DC - Cetral Defender - Defend

DM - Ball Winning Midfielder - Defend

MC® - Box To Box - Support

MC(L) - Advanced Playmaker - Attack

AMR - Winger - Support

AML - Winger - Support

STR - False Nine - Support

Strengths

Plays lovely football

Strong in attack

Strong in defence

Can win you the title with any EPL side within 2 seasons(barring calamities)

Weaknesses

Set pieces(defending and attacking)

Prone to conceding a lot of freak and fluke goals

Plug and play use home and away, i make no tweaks, use no oi's and train tactics only all the way through the season.

If any further info is needed please ask.

So you're saying if I fired up FMC (to minimize outside influences like team talks, press conferences etc.), I'd win EPL with default Leicester or Burnley squad within two seasons?

I don't play FMC never have, so i would not be 100% sure, but if tactics work as well in FMC as they do in the full game then yes.

With Spurs I conceded only 1 goal from corners in 38 games with the current tactic I'm using, but then I only conceded 19 overall. Lower League there are a lot more conceded from corners. Most tactics are using short for attacking corners

2d9wlsx.jpg

You will have to get used to games like this whether you are Chelsea or Burnley.

Utd's goal came via a corner(as usual) and Chelsea had a goal dissalowed for an off the ball incident(first i've seen in FM15) and 3 others for apparent offsides. Chelsea also had 3 one on ones thwarted by last ditch tackles from behind.

I need to update this thread.

As i said in the opening post i have tested this tactic with teams expected to finish between 5th and 19th place in the EPL.

I tried this with Chelsea and City last night and although it still massively dominates i was having some crazy losses in which practically every shot the AI had went in and if my keeper(s) did manage to make a save then the AI would simply just tuck in the rebound.

I think the problem is that the AI play very differently against the very best teams that are expected to challenge for the title.

Fear not, as i have the answer, which is a 4-2-3-1 that is identical in every way to the 4-1-2-2-1 except for the formation.

Simply move the DMC into the MC® position, the MC® into the MC(L) position and the MC(L) into the AMC position making sure the players keep the exact same roles and instructions.

To be honest you could even use the 4-2-3-1 as your starting tactic with smaller clubs. You might lose a few more on the way, but as you strengthen your squad the results will get better and better.

All i need to improve now is the set pieces.

I have some pretty good set piece instructions lifted from elsewhere, when I get a chance to test I'll let you know

Yeah, that'd be great thanks.

I'm going to post an update from my Chelsea save soon with the 4-2-3-1, i know its only Chelsea but it still looks very good.

I'm only 8 games into testing this out and I have won 7 and lost 1. I was even unlucky to lose that one. I'm playing as Torquay, so not a top side (although Im a couple of seasons in and have a decent squad). I already had a decent tactic but this one beats it!

My only slight criticism is the ST doesn't seem to perform too well, doesn't seem to score much or get very good ratings. May be my striker (but he was top league scorer last season). I might have a play around with changing hi role a little bit...

I'm only 8 games into testing this out and I have won 7 and lost 1. I was even unlucky to lose that one. I'm playing as Torquay, so not a top side (although Im a couple of seasons in and have a decent squad). I already had a decent tactic but this one beats it!

My only slight criticism is the ST doesn't seem to perform too well, doesn't seem to score much or get very good ratings. May be my striker (but he was top league scorer last season). I might have a play around with changing hi role a little bit...

The striker thing bugs me a little too, in my Chelsea save Costa has almost a goal a game but misses sitter after sitter including open goals.

If you can improve striker performances without losing anything from the overall tactic i'd like to hear it. :thup:

I'm using a similar formation, my fullbacks are complete wingbacks on attack though.

Don't know what instructions you have for your players either.

I'm using Arsenal and I've just finished 2019. Haven't tested with smaller teams.

m3JtMMT.png

Nice, i'm still unbeaten in the league with Chelsea(4-2-3-1-) all wins so far! :eek:

Because of the patch i'm going to hold on sharing this tactic until properly re-tested.

No point me sending this out if it no longer works.

There is no reason to believe the tactics have been compromised as they do not take advantage of the ME in any way, but paranoia has crept in because the patch came out of the blue two days after i shared them for the first time. :o

Alarm bells are ringing :(

Just conceded 3 penalties in 3 games despite still totally dominating(i've had 4 pens all season) and an own goal where my own player instead of clearing, heads the ball back INTO his own area(never seen this before) straight at my defender who tucks it away as if they both think they are at the other end.

Archived