how to to succeed in FM 15

overtime in about a couple of seasons, the teams in your FM game become weaker and weaker due to the AI poor squad building + managment skills, therefore you will succeed in achiving your goals more easily eventually and reach the top even with managing the weakest team

it's evident that in many stories that people have shared, they have won champion leagues, been promoted to the higest division eventually with whatever team they use, it could be a weak team or a strong one it doesn't matter, it also matters little how good your FM skills are, if you know basic tactics, know how to use the scouting system, take advantage of the transfer system, you are successful

I think its the fact that people use the Editor , in game Editor and outsourced Editors like FMRTE to achieve there success .... Most people seem to choose a team that is already successful EG Man U , Arsenal , Liverpool etc rather or other Top Flight teams . Most who choose the lower division teams tweak them with the Editor so they become successful .... The best Managers are those who take a lower team and make them successful without these influences . It would be a interesting topic to ask who has taken a lower leagued team to good or great success without those influences

Question is - how do you define "succeed"? Does winning the league title year after year make you a good manager, and some one who help save a club from relegation a so-so kind of manager? Or someone who guided a team up to the top flight from a lower leagues, but had never won the premier league or champions league considered an "average" kind of manager?

I think this years version is harder than fm 14 and any other i have played before. While I have got success with york, got promoted in my first season and looking like promotion to the championship this time around it hasn't been without its problems. A number of players have fallen out with me, bad runs have happened especially at the back end of last season and adapting to league 1 proved difficult to start with, being 20th 8 games in. The scouting system and more realistic transfer negotiations mean i cannot get young superstars in for nothing and it takes time for me to scout players effectively, and teams can and have poached my best players. Although i have got lucky with a couple of signings which has really helped like pierce sweeney who will become a york legend i am sure.

I would say if people want a challenge be a relatively poor league 2 club and see how you get on. While i have had some success and touch wood will continue to i have put in a lot of hours (currently at 4 days playing time) to achieve this and have changed tactics frequently and read a tactic guide to improve my knowledge and understanding of the match engine and what exactly does what. Not only is it more difficult but you will find happiness in achieving what many would consider minor things and you can build up a legacy at the club.

If you really want a challenge you do what I'm doing now. A youth only challenge. No buys or loan, no exceptions! And this is playing a newly promoted club into the lowest tier in the country after holidaying for a season.

It's really hard, but oh so rewarding when you go somewhere!

I disagree with the OP. I just played my 4th season and it was the toughest one yet. I had to chase Chelsea all season to be crowned on the last day. I just wish manager's would follow their tendencies more often. Like Uses Young Players in Low Priority Cups. For as lone as I can remember, manager's still field a first team for the Capital One Cup.

Whilst winning all the time is great, FM is made for more than just winning everything and repeating. If everything went well 100% of the time in every save it would be less of a simulation than it's intended to be. People gauge their successes differently as everyone plays in different ways. Success for me might not be winning the Champions League in the first season as Real Madrid, but more on the lines of getting a 5* potential player through my youth intake as a Conference side and then receiving a huge sum of money for him, thus allowing me to develop my side and build for promotion.

So basically the OP is under the impression that you only come a good manager with a weak team after a few seasons because the AI is incompetent and complacent?

If I was Jim Royale from the Royale family I would have to say my arse!

Archived