Fining players following red cards

My usual approach to red cards is as follows.

1st red card of season = warning

2nd red card of season = fine 1 week wages

3rd red card of season = fine 2 weeks wages

In my Chelsea save i've fined Ashley Cole and Samual Eto, both of them immediately said they couldnt work with me and asked to leave the club.

I then had an issue with another player, decided not to fine him as i didnt want another upset player, then Frank Lampard came to me and said he's not happy with a lack of discipline at the club and has spent the last 6 months sulking.

So i'm damned if i do and damned if i dont.

Perhaps Cole & Eto are a bit moody??

How is everyone else getting on?

No, thats not how it works, I'm afraid, the players has no concept of past warnings.

2 yellow cards in a match = warning

red card = 1 week

vicious red card = 2 week

This is exactly what i've used.

Player has always accepted his warning or fine so far.

I think it's ridiculous that a player doesn't recognise a prior warning. If I warn him for getting a red and then fine him the next time he does the same thing, the fact that I can't say "I gave you a warning previously which you accepted" is ludicrous.

Same goes for poor performance.

No, thats not how it works, I'm afraid, the players has no concept of past warnings.

red card = 1 week

Very similar to what I do. My differences are if we have won the game the 2 yellow cards normally escapes a warning.

red card = 1 week

Spot-on.

That's the most sensible workable method.

Anyone ever successfully appealed a decision?

Or is it standard practice to get pimp-smacked with an extra match ban or two.

Spot-on.

That's the most sensible workable method.

Anyone ever successfully appealed a decision?

Or is it standard practice to get pimp-smacked with an extra match ban or two.

Kurt Zouma, got a red card that my AssMan said wasn't fair or some such, appealed and won.

Since you can't actually see the "quality" of a foul, I don't see any other choice than accept the AM's recommendation.

The commentary will usually give you a clue, the same way it'll give you a clue when blasting the ref in a press conference.

If you see something like "team X may feel the red card was harsh there" you'll have a successful appeal.

I think I've had one suspension reversed on appeal.

I'm real leery about fining a week's wages. I had my team captain get two red cards in close succession, I slapped him with a fine for "unprofessional behavior" and he threw a fit. I don't mind physical play, but when you cost me two games and potential promotion, you're lucky I don't take your armband.

A straight red of any kind is a 2 week fine with me, first time its a red for 2 bookings its a warning, second time its a 1 week fine (which will usually result in unhappiness, but they tend to back down).

A straight red of any kind is a 2 week fine with me, first time its a red for 2 bookings its a warning, second time its a 1 week fine (which will usually result in unhappiness, but they tend to back down).

I never fine when my players get sent off for a second booking. A lot of the time it's something I can avoid as (for example) I can see my fullback struggling against a Winger, so I get a better defender on or sub him off and change OIs. Even if I see my midfielder needlessly jumping into tackles, I attempt to his mental state at halftime or I sub him off too if he already has a yellow card.

red card = 1 week

Exactly this for me, never really have anyone unhappy.

Archived